Page 137 of 163 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,425 of 4051

Thread: Expanded Pokedex Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

@Bolt But Red Gyrados was a plot point since it was said to be a forced evolution from Magikarp to Gyarados not a natural shining, but it's shiny anyways. I'm meaning like basically just handing us a shiny gible/dratini and putting shiny Haxorus(EPIC!) on a silver platter basically, and they're not plot points.

I really wish people would stop saying the Shiny Gible/Dratini & Haxorus are just "handed to you" like it's such a simple task

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    I really wish people would stop saying the Shiny Gible/Dratini & Haxorus are just "handed to you" like it's such a simple task
    This. I like that this time, even though you're given shinies, you have to earn them. It's a lot more fair that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Well you have to look from a perspective of a Shiny Hunter. You can hunt for days/weeks for a certain shiny then finally get it. The Shiny Gible/Dratini and Haxorus are like they're handed to us. Yes we know it's a task to get them but still..

Quote Originally Posted by GoldCyndaquil View Post
    Well you have to look from a perspective of a Shiny Hunter. You can hunt for days/weeks for a certain shiny then finally get it. The Shiny Gible/Dratini and Haxorus are like they're handed to us. Yes we know it's a task to get them but still..
    Look at it from the perspective of an average player.
    You still have to work, yes possibly even days and weeks, to get through those areas. To see all those pokemon.

I want to see you getting to the last floor, earning the Gible/Dratini and saying it was "simply handed over". I REALLY do.

Quote Originally Posted by Krainz View Post
    I want to see you getting to the last floor, earning the Gible/Dratini and saying it was "simply handed over". I REALLY do.
    I mean maybe if you go at it with a high leveled uber, but you're still putting a fair amount of time into the thing

Yes, I KNOW it takes a lot to get to Panjirou but compared to wild shinies it's easier to get shiny gible/dratini and haxorus. And Krainz stop acting all snarky and rude when someone says something you don't agree with. If you're going to say something mean, don't say it. It's wrong to gang up on someone.

It took me like a year to complete the regional dex in Sapphire (granted, I was nine and there was not GTS, but still). Maybe Gible/Dratini are easier, but yeah, it's a lot of work to get that shiny Haxorus.

Yeah it's weird, but it's so specific there had to be some reason
    Maybe to exaggerate the point of it being so far away from other regions or something?
    I sort of guess that it could be so that they can milk Pikachu events for all they're worth because you can't get one in-game, but looking at the event database there doesn't seem to be any more than normal. They probably just wanted to make Unova different. Or something.

Then again, for the series mascot they've always been pretty rare. Only available in Viridian Forest in RBYGSC, only available in the Safari Zone in RSE, and only available in the Trophy Garden in DPPt.

Yes, I KNOW it takes a lot to get to Panjirou but compared to wild shinies it's easier to get shiny gible/dratini and haxorus.
    So what? I honestly don't understand your problem with shinies being made available more easily. Yeah, if you spent ages and ages looking for a shiny Axew and finally got one, it might piss you off a little bit that everyone who completes the regional dex can get one too, but unless it's a scenario like that, there's really no problem.

I love that the producers decided to use this, i definitely agree with this new pokedex concept and i think they should keep using it for future upcoming pokemon games. The downside will be to pick a team, there will be too many good pokemons to use. We will probably need a rotational team. But, still this is awesome i cant wait to use Butterfree (DONT JUDGE, ITS EPIC)

Quote Originally Posted by Valoo. View Post
    I sort of guess that it could be so that they can milk Pikachu events for all they're worth because you can't get one in-game, but looking at the event database there doesn't seem to be any more than normal. They probably just wanted to make Unova different. Or something.
    There hasn't been a single worldwide Pikachu event 5th gen. Not one.

Then again, for the series mascot they've always been pretty rare. Only available in Viridian Forest in RBYGSC, only available in the Safari Zone in RSE, and only available in the Trophy Garden in DPPt.
    They weren't all that rare in the Trophy Garden. Even so, at least they were present in those games, 5th gen they're nowhere to be found.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

It took me like a year to complete the regional dex in Sapphire (granted, I was nine and there was not GTS, but still). Maybe Gible/Dratini are easier, but yeah, it's a lot of work to get that shiny Haxorus.

So what? I honestly don't understand your problem with shinies being made available more easily. Yeah, if you spent ages and ages looking for a shiny Axew and finally got one, it might piss you off a little bit that everyone who completes the regional dex can get one too, but unless it's a scenario like that, there's really no problem.
    I don't have a problem with it? I love it. I was just saying that while it takes a long time to get them they are still handed to us, Panjirou gives us Shiny Gible/Dratini and Shiny Haxorus is just sitting in the Nature Sanctuary.

I don't have a problem with it? I love it. I was just saying that while it takes a long time to get them they are still handed to us, Panjirou gives us Shiny Gible/Dratini and Shiny Haxorus is just sitting in the Nature Sanctuary.
    So why are you against being rewarded with something that's normally rare and time consuming to catch by completing a task that is only slightly less time consuming?

When is the earliest that a Corphish and Trapinch can be caught?

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    When is the earliest that a Corphish and Trapinch can be caught?
    Corphish isn't until post game, unfortunately. Trapinch can be caught in Resort Desert, although it's pretty rare (some people have complained about it being too rare, in fact). You can also catch Trapinch in Rebirth Mountain, although that's fairly late as well.

I would like Snorunt & Ralts for the Pokédex...

Will be great...
    Planned Omega Ruby Team:
    ///

Quote Originally Posted by aguilas_hhh View Post
    I would like Snorunt & Ralts for the Pokédex...

Will be great...
    At least you can still get Ralts, even if it's post game and through a ridiculously long process.

3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

I would have added the Dratini family...

Back in the Serebii.net Forums!

Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    At least you can still get Ralts, even if it's post game and through a ridiculously long process.
    If you have a 3DS, you can get a Ralts from the Dream Radar.

Quote Originally Posted by Haru Glory View Post
    I would have added the Dratini family...
    The Dratini family is obtainable post-game. But I think, even if it is included in the regional dex, I don't think they'll be obtainable right away.
    Wherever they plan to put it, pre or post-game, it would still require fishing....

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    The Dratini family is obtainable post-game. But I think, even if it is included in the regional dex, I don't think they'll be obtainable right away.
    Wherever they plan to put it, pre or post-game, it would still require fishing....
    Or Surfing.

I don't think they'll ever need to have the fishing rod until post game anymore, though. Now that we have Surfing Spots, we can put most of the fishing Pokemon there and save the fishing until post game and use it for National Dex Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    So why are you against being rewarded with something that's normally rare and time consuming to catch by completing a task that is only slightly less time consuming?
    For the 1000th time, I'm not against it -_-. I personally love it.

For the 1000th time, I'm not against it -_-. I personally love it.
    Could've fooled me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Corphish isn't until post game, unfortunately. Trapinch can be caught in Resort Desert, although it's pretty rare (some people have complained about it being too rare, in fact). You can also catch Trapinch in Rebirth Mountain, although that's fairly late as well.
    *shrieks*

Thanks. The frustrating thing about this game seems to be that many Pokemon are only available late game.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    *shrieks*

Thanks. The frustrating thing about this game seems to be that many Pokemon are only available late game.
    Yep, that's one of the biggest flaws in this game. See my team in my sig? 4/6 of those are caught near the end of the game.

Now if these games were longer than the usual Pokemon game with like 2 regions then I would understand why some of the Pokemon were post game but no that didn't happen.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Page 137 of 163 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147 ... LastLast