Page 138 of 163 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148 ... LastLast
Results 3,426 to 3,450 of 4051

Thread: Expanded Pokedex Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    Now if these games were longer than the usual Pokemon game with like 2 regions then I would understand why some of the Pokemon were post game but no that didn't happen.
    Yeah, but it's still ridiculous if you can't find Pokemon native to that region in the actual region.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I'm glad so many of my favorite Pokemon have been added to the new Unova Dex. But, it's kinda weird to not have the Pichu evolution line in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Yeah, but it's still ridiculous if you can't find Pokemon native to that region in the actual region.
    Yeah. I think Lucario and Riolu is native to Unova but was introduced in 4th gen because think about it, you can't even catch wild Riolu in Sinnoh. The same for the Metagross line, you can't catch them anywhere in Hoenn. I think they are native to Unova as well but was introduced in 3rd Gen.

I think there are more Pokemon like this but I can't seem to remember them.

FC: 4699-6505-4258

IGN: Diva

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    Yeah. I think Lucario and Riolu is native to Unova but was introduced in 4th gen because think about it, you can't even catch wild Riolu in Sinnoh. The same for the Metagross line, you can't catch them anywhere in Hoenn. I think they are native to Unova as well but was introduced in 3rd Gen.

I think there are more Pokemon like this but I can't seem to remember them.
    That's not what I meant by "native", I was referring to 5th gen Pokemon. Whether or not Pokemon like Riolu and Metagross are Unova natives is debatable.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

That's not what I meant by "native", I was referring to 5th gen Pokemon. Whether or not Pokemon like Riolu and Metagross are Unova natives is debatable.
    I know, I was just pointing that out.
    Last edited by cascadethewarrior; 9th August 2012 at 5:16 AM.

Metagross line would be native to sinnoh if it goes that way.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

I don't think Riolu belongs to Unova. First off, you find him in a ranch, full with pokémon from other regions. Second, he is rare in there. In his native place he should be at least common.

You can find wild Metagross lined Pokemon in Sinnoh?

Quote Originally Posted by Krainz View Post
    I don't think Riolu belongs to Unova. First off, you find him in a ranch, full with pokémon from other regions. Second, he is rare in there. In his native place he should be at least common.
    Well native means "Associated with the country, region, or circumstances of a person's birth" or in this case "Associated with the region, or circumstances of a Pokemon's birth"

So even if it is rare to find it, you can still only find it in Unova.
    Last edited by cascadethewarrior; 9th August 2012 at 6:57 AM.

Not quite. Beldum can only be found as a swarm, meaning it's not normally there. And not only that, but the Battle Zone (that's the official name of the postgame island in D/P/Pt, also where the Beldum swarm occurs) is not actually part of the Sinnoh region. The NPC's on the Battle Zone all refer to Sinnoh as a separate region from them.
    Last edited by Chaos Rush; 9th August 2012 at 7:17 PM.
    HOW TO HEAR KYUREM'S CRY IN REAL LIFE:
    1. Blow your nose

Well native means "Associated with the country, region, or circumstances of a person's birth" or in this case "Associated with the region, or circumstances of a Pokemon's birth"
    So you would say Mareeps are native to Unova as well?

So even if it is rare to find it, you can still only find it in Unova.
    For now.

So you would say Mareeps are native to Unova as well?

For now.
    Yeah. Mareep are native to Jhoto and Unova. But I am not sure if you can find it in the other regions. I don't remember other games wild Pokemon by heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rush View Post
    Not quite. Beldum can only be found as a swarm, meaning it's not normally there. And not only that, but the Battle Zone (that's the official name of the postgame island in D/P/Pt, also where the Beldum swarm occurs) is not actually part of the Sinnoh region. The NPC's on the Battleground all refer to Sinnoh as a separate region from them.
    So swarms don't count? Then that means Tyrogue and it's evolution's is not native to any region! :O
    Last edited by cascadethewarrior; 9th August 2012 at 7:32 AM.

So swarms don't count? Then that means Tyrogue and it's evolution's is not native to any region! :O
    This is why it's a complex issue trying to claim whether or not a Pokemon is "native" to a certain region, because even the Pokemon that are supposed to be native to that region (based on generation), aren't catchable. But whether or not they're catchable in the game doesn't mean much, for all we know there's some area in the region we've never been able to go to before where you can find that Pokemon. It's not just about what's catchable and what isn't.

This is why it's a complex issue trying to claim whether or not a Pokemon is "native" to a certain region, because even the Pokemon that are supposed to be native to that region (based on generation), aren't catchable. But whether or not they're catchable in the game doesn't mean much, for all we know there's some area in the region we've never been able to go to before where you can find that Pokemon. It's not just about what's catchable and what isn't.
    You do have a point. We don't exactly explore each region to it's fullest. They should make a guide talking about the Pokemon's natural habitat. Like how some Pokemon are better in warmer climates so they would most likely be native Hoenn as opposed to say Sinnoh.

They should make a guide talking about the Pokemon's natural habitat. Like how some Pokemon are better in warmer climates so they would most likely be native Hoenn as opposed to say Sinnoh.
    They do. It's called a Pokedex.

I don't think Riolu belongs to Unova. First off, you find him in a ranch, full with pokémon from other regions.
    Challenger's Cave is a better example. Regardless, Riolu is native to Unova and cannot be found in the wild in any other region.

Second, he is rare in there. In his native place he should be at least common.
    Why, exactly? Its rarity is wholly irrelevant; it's still available in the wild.

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    Challenger's Cave is a better example. Regardless, Riolu is native to Unova and cannot be found in the wild in any other region.
    You can't say that for sure. How do you know there's not some random area in those regions where Riolu can be caught that we just don't have access to in the games? Just because we don't know where to catch one doesn't mean it isn't there. The fact that you can't catch one yourself in DPPt is a design decision meant to make it rare, it's in the Sinnoh Dex so that's enough to say that Riolu is a Sinnoh native. Whether or not Riolu is a Unova native is a trickier issue, though, the only true natives to the region are 5th gen Pokemon, for the rest it's a bit up in the air. Especially in Unova's case since we have a somewhat reasonable explanation why the others may not be native (a Pokemon Ranger explains that she's looking for Pokemon that may have escaped the Poketransfer Lab. It's not unlikely then, that the wild Pokemon population in East Unova is made up of Poketransfer escapees that have settled in those areas. The fact that non Unovan Pokemon populate other areas of Unova in BW2 may be a result of such Pokemon spreading into other areas over the last 2 years).

What do you mean Riolu might be obtainable in dpp in some unknown area? It isn't obtainable there, period. It might be in the anime, but since when was the anime considered canon to the games?
    Mine is an unchanging love, higher than the heights above, deeper than the depths beneath, free and faithful, strong as death.

William Cowper, "Lovest Thou Me?" Olney Hymns

I choose my words carefully, but they may still hurt someone accidentally...

Marley, Pokemon Diamond and Pearl

And, look you, there is nothing in this thing of learning out of books. Here, here and here (pointing to his ear, his head and his heart) is your school. If everything is right there, then take your pen and down with it; afterward ask the opinion of a man who knows his business.

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Images removed for making the signature too tall.

You can't say that for sure. How do you know there's not some random area in those regions where Riolu can be caught that we just don't have access to in the games? Just because we don't know where to catch one doesn't mean it isn't there. The fact that you can't catch one yourself in DPPt is a design decision meant to make it rare, it's in the Sinnoh Dex so that's enough to say that Riolu is a Sinnoh native. Whether or not Riolu is a Unova native is a trickier issue, though, the only true natives to the region are 5th gen Pokemon, for the rest it's a bit up in the air. Especially in Unova's case since we have a somewhat reasonable explanation why the others may not be native (a Pokemon Ranger explains that she's looking for Pokemon that may have escaped the Poketransfer Lab. It's not unlikely then, that the wild Pokemon population in East Unova is made up of Poketransfer escapees that have settled in those areas. The fact that non Unovan Pokemon populate other areas of Unova in BW2 may be a result of such Pokemon spreading into other areas over the last 2 years).
    That's ridiculous. You could say that for absolutely anything. It's incontrovertible that Riolu can be caught in the wild in Unova, but cannot in other regions.

And the pokedex thing? Riolu is in the sinnoh dex, but he's also in the unova dex.
    Mine is an unchanging love, higher than the heights above, deeper than the depths beneath, free and faithful, strong as death.

William Cowper, "Lovest Thou Me?" Olney Hymns

I choose my words carefully, but they may still hurt someone accidentally...

Marley, Pokemon Diamond and Pearl

And, look you, there is nothing in this thing of learning out of books. Here, here and here (pointing to his ear, his head and his heart) is your school. If everything is right there, then take your pen and down with it; afterward ask the opinion of a man who knows his business.

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Images removed for making the signature too tall.

That's ridiculous. You could say that for absolutely anything. It's incontrovertible that Riolu can be caught in the wild in Unova, but cannot in other regions.
    You don't know the entire Sinnoh region, so you can't say that for sure. Sure, in the games so far the only region where you can catch wild Riolu for yourself is Unova, but that's not what I'm talking about here. There may be some other area in the region that the game doesn't let us access (because it has yet to be created). Look at Rt. 47 & 48 in Johto, we couldn't go there in GSC, but that doesn't mean those areas don't exist or that the Pokemon there are uncatchable in the region, we just never knew about them until they were introduced in HGSS. It's the same with any region. How do you know you can't catch a Riolu in such an area in Sinnoh? We just so happened to get one from Riley because Game Freak decided making Riolu uncatchable would be a fair way to keep it a rare Pokemon. Fact of the matter is, they can put Pokemon wherever the hell they want in the games, that comes down to how they design the game, so that alone does not say whether or not a Pokemon is native to the region. Our best bet for telling which Pokemon are native and which are not is the regional dex, after all how can you be expected to complete a Pokedex that catalogues the Pokemon in that particular region if Pokemon in that regional dex are not native to said region?
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 9th August 2012 at 8:41 PM.

As I said, for now. Remember that invasive species are uncommon (rare) in the invaded region.

From a top-down perspective, we know that the numbering convention of the expanded Pokédex of Black 2 and White 2 was to make it so that there wouldn't be large gaps in the Pokédex like those of other regions.

But my question is, what is it like for the professors and other research authorities of the region? What's it like having to adapt to the new numbering system?

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    From a top-down perspective, we know that the numbering convention of the expanded Pokédex of Black 2 and White 2 was to make it so that there wouldn't be large gaps in the Pokédex like those of other regions.

But my question is, what is it like for the professors and other research authorities of the region? What's it like having to adapt to the new numbering system?
    If I had to guess, I would say they would use National Dex numbers then. They research Pokemon from around the world, it'd be pointkess to base off a certain regions Regional Dex.

I like the inclusion of lots of Gen 3 pokemon.
    This "Pokemon Rainbow" rumored game is already killing me. I want it!

Also, general nintendo fans will probably like my youtube. I make unboxings and collection videos.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/EnragedSwalot?feature=mhee
    Thanks if you check it out

Quote Originally Posted by GoldCyndaquil View Post
    If I had to guess, I would say they would use National Dex numbers then. They research Pokemon from around the world, it'd be pointkess to base off a certain regions Regional Dex.
    How about the other civilians of the Unova region?
    You know, I've never really thought about it.

Probably some people would insist on using the old numbers, whereas the younger generations of civilians within the region would use the newer numbers.

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Page 138 of 163 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148 ... LastLast