Page 143 of 163 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153 ... LastLast
Results 3,551 to 3,575 of 4051

Thread: Expanded Pokedex Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Quote Originally Posted by ImAnOKIE12 View Post
    I hope aron could be found somewhere else besides white forest, cause I got black 2 for the version exclusive. But am planning to get white w, just not soon enough.
    I don't think you can find any Pokémon in White Forest in White 2, right?

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

I hope aron could be found somewhere else besides white forest, cause I got black 2 for the version exclusive. But am planning to get white w, just not soon enough.

Aron in Virbank complex. I dont get it, they got one steel type :/
    He's in Mistralton Cave if I remember correctly in W2.

Quote Originally Posted by a person View Post
    Probably because that would be unfair to Snivy users, considering that Oshawott users could pick up Pidoves and Tepig users could get Blitzles, but Snivy users would be stuck with just the one Panpour.
    Would it really be unfair? I mean, it'd really only be unfair if Snivy users didn't have access to a Water-type to douse the Fire-types that they would be facing, but they do. But since they do, it isn't really unfair.

From what I see, at that point in the game, having more than one Pokémon to take care of type advantages isn't "more fair" than having only one Pokémon to take care of type advantages.

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    From what I see, at that point in the game, having more than one Pokémon to take care of type advantages isn't "more fair" than having only one Pokémon to take care of type advantages.
    Given that the entire point of the first Gym is to teach about basic type advantages, then yes, it is.

Probably because that would be unfair to Snivy users, considering that Oshawott users could pick up Pidoves and Tepig users could get Blitzles, but Snivy users would be stuck with just the one Panpour.
    The solution to that is to give you access to Wellspring Cave, which would allow Snivy users to use Roggenrola against Pansear.

Aron in Virbank complex. I dont get it, they got one steel type :/
    Aron is available in Mistralton Cave in BW2.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    Given that the entire point of the first Gym is to teach about basic type advantages, then yes, it is.
    Yeah, but it's unfair that experienced players can't apply their knowledge of type advantages and catch other Pokemon that would have an advantage against the triplets. There's not that much variety in Rt. 1 and 2, just Normal and Dark type Pokemon.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    The solution to that is to give you access to Wellspring Cave, which would allow Snivy users to use Roggenrola against Pansear.
    Okay, but that also lets Oshawott users use Woobat against Pansage.

It's way easier to just keep it as is with the free monkey.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months
    I should make this the signature of both sogeking & excitable boy

Okay, but that also lets Oshawott users use Woobat against Pansage.

It's way easier to just keep it as is with the free monkey.
    It doesn't really matter that much if one has two, just as long as they all have at least one.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

It doesn't really matter that much if one has two, just as long as they all have at least one.
    Like their own Pan-monkey?

i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months

Like their own Pan-monkey?
    Besides the monkey trio.

Besides the monkey trio.
    Because beating them with just the Pan-monkey is so difficult, right?

The monkeys are pretty much terrible, though.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Because beating them with just the Pan-monkey is so difficult, right?
    Because they're pretty much shoving them down your throat and it's downright annoying.

I have a question, and I can't find a place for it, although it can apply to a few games.

I'm currently playing White 2, and I'm thinking about Pokemon moves..

If a level 100 Pokemon X uses Quick Attack against Pokemon X2, and deals X damage, which is 1/6 of Pokemon X2's HP, it more effective to use Quick Attack 6 times, or is it better to use Stat Boosting Move X instead?

EX: Level 14 Riolu uses quick attack against a level 11 Elekid. Quick Attack hits 1/6 of Elekid's Total HP. Riolu also knows Work Up. Does using Workup X times ever become more effective? Which is faster, using Stat boosting move X once, and then using quick attack, or just using quick attack twice?

Which is the faster way to KO the opponent, and when does using Stat Boosting move X become more ergonomic than using a plain attack move the same number of times?

Because they're pretty much shoving them down your throat and it's downright annoying.
    You use it for like five fights to level it up, and then you fight a boss with it. Once your done with it, you can grab something from Route 3 to use permanently. Suck it up.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostedRebel View Post
    I have a question, and I can't find a place for it, although it can apply to a few games.

I'm currently playing White 2, and I'm thinking about Pokemon moves..

If a level 100 Pokemon X uses Quick Attack against Pokemon X2, and deals X damage, which is 1/6 of Pokemon X2's HP, it more effective to use Quick Attack 6 times, or is it better to use Stat Boosting Move X instead?

EX: Level 14 Riolu uses quick attack against a level 11 Elekid. Quick Attack hits 1/6 of Elekid's Total HP. Riolu also knows Work Up. Does using Workup X times ever become more effective? Which is faster, using Stat boosting move X once, and then using quick attack, or just using quick attack twice?

Which is the faster way to KO the opponent, and when does using Stat Boosting move X become more ergonomic than using a plain attack move the same number of times?
    Each Work Up you use increases your offensive stats by 50%. One use of Work Up puts you at 150% Attack, meaning you'll need four Quick Attacks to KO, saving one turn. Two uses puts your Attack at 200%, requiring three Quick Attacks to KO and saving the same amount of time. For three and four Work Ups, your ability to KO would be as turn-efficient as it would be without Working Up at all (that is, six turns). Five Work Ups would take seven turns to KO, and six Work Ups would take eight turns to KO.

It's worth noting, however, that

a) Your numbers may be off depending on whether you roll higher or lower damage, or whether or not you get crits.
    b) Unless you switch out, your Riolu will retain its Attack boosts, meaning if you're trying to KO multiple Elekids in a row, you would do so most efficiently by either Working Up twice and 3HKOing both Elekids, or by Working Up four times and 2HKOing both Elekids. Either way will take eight turns.
    Last edited by Excitable Boy; 21st October 2012 at 6:44 PM.

So assuming Quick Attack takes 6 turns to KO, and Riolu uses ONE Workup, boosting to 150%, it'll take 5 turns to KO? (one Work Up and 4 Quick Attacks)

I knew for a fact that using stat boosting was effective if fighting multiple pokemon in the same battle, I just wasn't sure of efficiency in the wild.

Thanks!
    *A WILD ZUBAT APPEARED*
    *ZUBAT IS FASTER THAN YOUR LEVEL 100 POKEMON*
    *ZUBAT USES CONFUSE RAY*
    *LEVEL 100 POKEMON Hi-...*
    *Tosses gameboy out the window*
    *cries*

You use it for like five fights to level it up, and then you fight a boss with it. Once your done with it, you can grab something from Route 3 to use permanently. Suck it up.
    That thing takes forever to level up if you're just sticking with the wild Pokemon on Rt. 2, though.

That thing takes forever to level up if you're just sticking with the wild Pokemon on Rt. 2, though.
    The monkey comes at Lv. 10, so it only needs to be like Lv. 12 to win. You can also level it against the Dreamyard Trainers, and just make up for lost Exp. on your main 'mons by Audino grinding after the Badge fight.

Why even grab the monkey? I always just took a few minutes to grind Lillipup up a couple more levels.
    *A WILD ZUBAT APPEARED*
    *ZUBAT USES CONFUSE RAY*
    *cries*

Why even grab the monkey? I always just took a few minutes to grind Lillipup up a couple more levels.
    Or even a Patrat. Both are good choices and decent for the long term after evolution as well

Quote Originally Posted by sAv1Or) View Post
    Or even a Patrat. Both are good choices and decent for the long term after evolution as well
    Exactly. I wouldn't want a monkey on my team. I suppose you could grab one just for the dex #/info, and for the gym if you don't know much about Pokemon..

I just like having the Pokemon I'll have with me for the rest of the game. There are excluded cases, such as Haxorus, but it's best just to grab them as early as possible.
    *A WILD ZUBAT APPEARED*
    *ZUBAT USES CONFUSE RAY*
    *cries*

Exactly. I wouldn't want a monkey on my team. I suppose you could grab one just for the dex #/info, and for the gym if you don't know much about Pokemon..

I just like having the Pokemon I'll have with me for the rest of the game. There are excluded cases, such as Haxorus, but it's best just to grab them as early as possible.
    It took me a while, but I grew to like Pansear. But there are other options

Patrat.
    Both are good choices and decent for the long term
    Really?

Really?

That's the point. You grab it for the Gym, beat the Gym, and ditch it when you're done. I do this with 'mons all the time.

It took me a while, but I grew to like Pansear. But there are other options
    If you have Pansear, I'm assuming you took Oshawatt, and a much better alternative to that would have been Darumaka, IMHO.

Really?

Really?

That's the point. You grab it for the Gym, beat the Gym, and ditch it when you're done. I do this with 'mons all the time.
    Waste of EXP, and EVs. You underestimate Stoutland. It's a solid choice, and it saved me more than once fighting the elite four.
    *A WILD ZUBAT APPEARED*
    *ZUBAT USES CONFUSE RAY*
    *cries*

Waste of EXP, and EVs. You underestimate Stoutland. It's a solid choice, and it saved me more than once fighting the elite four.
    I used Stoutland. It's sh*t. I dumped it around Iris because it wasn't making KOs and was getting KO'd far too easily. My only regret is not dumping it sooner.

And Watchog is even sh*ttier.

Besides, you don't use it for that many fights. Audinos become available after that, so you can just train up your main guys on those easily afterward.

Must have gotten the wrong nature, and had a bad move set. Mine was level 48, and holding it's ground against Pokemon 20 levels higher, easily..

I used Stoutland. It's sh*t. I dumped it around Iris because it wasn't making KOs and was getting KO'd far too easily. My only regret is not dumping it sooner.

And Watchog is even sh*ttier.

Besides, you don't use it for that many fights. Audinos become available after that, so you can just train up your main guys on those easily afterward.
    http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/531.shtml

Audino gives 2 HP EVs. The exp isn't worth it, and neither is the time you waste running around looking for Audinos. >.>
    Last edited by GhostedRebel; 21st October 2012 at 8:21 PM.
    *A WILD ZUBAT APPEARED*
    *ZUBAT USES CONFUSE RAY*
    *cries*

Page 143 of 163 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153 ... LastLast