Page 147 of 163 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151157 ... LastLast
Results 3,651 to 3,675 of 4051

Thread: Expanded Pokedex Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    What was wrong with Machop, though? Or Timburr? Getting rid of Riolu in Flocessy Ranch and putting Timburr in Virbank Complex would've been just fine.
    Except Virbank Complex is inaccessible until you beat Cheren. Maybe if they allowed you to catch Pokemon in Pledge Grove, Timburr would fit there. Also, Machop isn't in the Unova Dex.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Except Virbank Complex is inaccessible until you beat Cheren. Maybe if they allowed you to catch Pokemon in Pledge Grove, Timburr would fit there. Also, Machop isn't in the Unova Dex.
    If we're talking about specific locations in the game, then my point is moot. But if you're talking about progress in a more general sense, then yeah, Timburr would've worked fine in the Virbank Complex.

Of course, Riolu wasn't in the Unova Dex before BW2, either, I don't think. So they could've just added the Machop line in instead of the Riolu line if they so chose.

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

If we're talking about specific locations in the game, then my point is moot. But if you're talking about progress in a more general sense, then yeah, Timburr would've worked fine in the Virbank Complex.
    The location matters because we need a Fighting type to use against Cheren. That's pretty much the whole reason why Riolu is so early in the game.

Of course, Riolu wasn't in the Unova Dex before BW2, either, I don't think. So they could've just added the Machop line in instead of the Riolu line if they so chose.
    The Machop line has 1 more Pokemon than the Riolu line, so if they wanted to add it in, they'd have to remove something else.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

And besides, due to its rarity, it's not like Game Freak expects everybody to use a Riolu to defeat Cheren, right?
    I think that's 1/2 the reason they put it there and the rarity was just to make you work for it. Kind of like an added bonus for your hard work

The location matters because we need a Fighting type to use against Cheren. That's pretty much the whole reason why Riolu is so early in the game.
    Is it? I wouldn't say that a Fighting-type is required. In Gold and Silver, I don't think the player is able to catch an Electric- or Rock-type Pokémon to counter Falkner's Flying-type Pokémon, right?

The Machop line has 1 more Pokemon than the Riolu line, so if they wanted to add it in, they'd have to remove something else.
    There's nothing wrong with having one more Pokémon in the regional dex. Nothing says that the number of Pokémon in the regional dex had to be fixed.

But if they did remove a Pokémon for Machop's sake, they could've removed Lapras or something.

There are Geodudes in Dark Cave, and you can trade a Bellsprout for an Onix in the city.

Quote Originally Posted by a person View Post
    There are Geodudes in Dark Cave, and you can trade a Bellsprout for an Onix in the city.
    I wasn't aware of the Geodude, actually. I knew about the Bellsprout-Onix trade, but I didn't count that as you don't actually catch the Onix.

But if they did remove a Pokémon for Machop's sake, they could've removed Lapras or something.
    Lapras is the only Ice type Pokemon that you can catch year round to use against Drayden. I wouldn't remove him either.

Lapras is the only Ice type Pokemon that you can catch year round to use against Drayden. I wouldn't remove him either.
    I know what you mean about Lapras being the only year-round Ice-type Pokémon catchable, but Lapras was just an example. Maybe some other one-stage Pokémon, like Bouffalant?

I know what you mean about Lapras being the only year-round Ice-type Pokémon catchable, but Lapras was just an example. Maybe some other one-stage Pokémon, like Bouffalant?
    I'm thinking more like Marill.

Why does it have to be a 1 stage?

Quote Originally Posted by sAv1Or) View Post
    I'm thinking more like Marill.

Why does it have to be a 1 stage?
    It doesn't have to be, but it's to keep the number of Pokémon in the BW2 regional Pokédex the same.

It's because Riolu line is two stages and the Machop line is three stages, which would result in one extra Pokémon.

It doesn't have to be, but it's to keep the number of Pokémon in the BW2 regional Pokédex the same.

It's because Riolu line is two stages and the Machop line is three stages, which would result in one extra Pokémon.
    Gotcha.

Well if azurill is in the dex id remove that line for machop.

EDIT: Yes it is

Besides Starmie, Azumarill's basically your best choice for a Water type if you didn't pick Oshawott. It has an advantage over STarmie in that it comes way earlier, even if you opt for Route 6 Marill over the absolute bullcrap that is Azurill.

Why not just remove something post-game, like the Slakoth line?

Besides Starmie, Azumarill's basically your best choice for a Water type if you didn't pick Oshawott.

Is Slakoth in BW2's Unova Dex? Because if it isn't, it doesn't count. We're only talking about Pokémon that, if removed, would affect the number of Pokémon in BW2's Unova Dex.

Also a valid option.

I think they wanted to throw more Pokemon in BW2 that they didn't have in BW1.

Is Slakoth in BW2's Unova Dex? Because if it isn't, it doesn't count. We're only talking about Pokémon that, if removed, would affect the number of Pokémon in BW2's Unova Dex.
    Slakoth is 276. It's only included because Vigoroth and Slaking appear in Pinwheel Forest, which is post-game, which is my point.

Also a valid option.

I think they wanted to throw more Pokemon in BW2 that they didn't have in BW1.
    If that were the case (I'm not saying that it isn't true), then any Pokémon would've worked, really.

Speaking of two-Pokémon lines, how about Mankey and Primeape instead of Riolu and Lucario in Floccesy Ranch?

If that were the case (I'm not saying that it isn't true), then any Pokémon would've worked, really.

Speaking of two-Pokémon lines, how about Mankey and Primeape instead of Riolu and Lucario in Floccesy Ranch?
    Riolu needed to come back IMO so it's fine there. Mankey and Primape had their time

Riolu needed to come back IMO so it's fine there. Mankey and Primape had their time
    "Needed to come back?" If I may ask, what for? They were already rare in DPP (in terms of availability, not in rate of encounter), and they could've stayed rare. :/

Low Kick could be... interesting. It's not as good as it was back in RGBYFRLG, though, since rodents and puppies tend to lean pretty light. Still, you're looking at 80 base power on Lillipup after STAB, and 120 on Patrat.

"Needed to come back?" If I may ask, what for? They were already rare in DPP (in terms of availability, not in rate of encounter), and they could've stayed rare. :/
    Ya but I think they needed to be a openly wild option at some point. I thought it was cool they put them where they did.

Ya but I think they needed to be a openly wild option at some point. I thought it was cool they put them where they did.
    Eh, there are some Pokémon that are better off only obtainable through special methods (like Spiritomb). :/

Personally, I felt like putting Riolu as a wild Pokémon was a bad idea. But hey, it's there now, so no use sulking or anything.

the only reason why they're rare in DPPt is because they're naturally native to the Unova - they just happened to be in the Sinnoh dex because Riley and Cynthia both had a Lucario.

They're not going to remove 5th gen Pokemon from the Unova Dex.

They were actually catchable in BW1, you caught them in Challenger's Cave.

Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    the only reason why they're rare in DPPt is because they're naturally native to the Unova - they just happened to be in the Sinnoh dex because Riley and Cynthia both had a Lucario.
    Here we go again. Any Pokemon that's in the Pokedex is a native to that region. The only reason Riolu isn't catchable in DPPt is because it was a design decision, they decided that Riolu is too rare to allow it to be catchable. It's likely that Riley and Cynthia got their in some area of Sinnoh that for whatever reason we can't access, much like how we couldn't access SW Unova, Reversal Mountain, and Humilau City in BW1.

They were actually catchable in BW1, you caught them in Challenger's Cave.
    Ya but to put them early in the game I meant.

Page 147 of 163 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151157 ... LastLast