Page 148 of 163 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149150151152158 ... LastLast
Results 3,676 to 3,700 of 4051

Thread: Expanded Pokedex Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    They're not going to remove 5th gen Pokemon from the Unova Dex.
    Again, that was an example, but I just couldn't think of another Pokémon to remove at that point.

Maybe something like Castform?

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    Maybe something like Castform?
    I didn't quite get that. There were a lot of those floating around in trainer's teams in BW2. Not a fan of them personally

Quote Originally Posted by sAv1Or) View Post
    I didn't quite get that. There were a lot of those floating around in trainer's teams in BW2. Not a fan of them personally
    Yeah, I felt like it was just tacked in there, too. Although to be fair, Unova does have seasonal weather pattern changes, which Castform could make use of.

It's probably only there to highlight the seasonal theme of the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Another one that could be removed would be Absol, I guess?

Ya but that was available in BW1 so I don't see the importance of 'advertising' it now

Another one that could be removed would be Absol, I guess?
    You're really desperate to stick the Machop line in, aren't you?

I have no problem with which Pokemon they decided to put in the Unova Dex, but I have a huge problem with when and where you catch them.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

You're really desperate to stick the Machop line in, aren't you?

I have no problem with which Pokemon they decided to put in the Unova Dex, but I have a huge problem with when and where you catch them.
    Do I actually feel that strongly about putting Machop in instead of Riolu? No, absolutely not.

I'm just mentioning Pokémon that could've been taken out for the Machop line.

Do I actually feel that strongly about putting Machop in instead of Riolu? No, absolutely not.

Why would we need the Machop line anyway if they already have our nice, new Timburr line friends?

Well sure, there's dozens of "what if" scenarios if you want to add Machop to the Unova Dex, but the Unova Dex is fine the way it is. Again, it's not about who or what, but where and when.

Why would we need the Machop line anyway if they already have our nice, new Timburr line friends?
    To be fair, you could ask the same question about Rattata, Zubat, Magnemite, and Grimer as well (and probably several more I'm forgetting).

Well sure, there's dozens of "what if" scenarios if you want to add Machop to the Unova Dex, but the Unova Dex is fine the way it is. Again, it's not about who or what, but where and when.
    Mhm, it is fine how it is right now. The whole Machop-replacing-Riolu thing was just me trying to preserve the rarity of Riolu and Lucario, if you know what I mean.

Mhm, it is fine how it is right now. The whole Machop-replacing-Riolu thing was just me trying to preserve the rarity of Riolu and Lucario, if you know what I mean.
    Then make it a Shaking Spot Pokemon.

Then make it a Shaking Spot Pokemon.
    Yeah, that'd work (95% Audino and 5% Riolu). Actually, now that I think about it, it doesn't really make sense that only Audino appear in shaking spots (at least, at the beginning of the game).

I don't really like how Munna is unavailable pre-E4, they could at least toss it as a gift or something... dunno o_O

I don't like how Chinochou didn't get in (huge personal bias xD). That was a really biased statement, but N has a Lanturn on his spring team, so I thought it might make sense xD

I'm actually quite surprised that the Pikachu line didn't make the cut. I guess that it's losing its marketing status xD!

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Yeah, that'd work (95% Audino and 5% Riolu). Actually, now that I think about it, it doesn't really make sense that only Audino appear in shaking spots (at least, at the beginning of the game).
    Isn't Riolu already in the low percentile for encounters?

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    I don't really like how Munna is unavailable pre-E4, they could at least toss it as a gift or something... dunno o_O

I don't like how Chinochou didn't get in (huge personal bias xD). That was a really biased statement, but N has a Lanturn on his spring team, so I thought it might make sense xD

I'm actually quite surprised that the Pikachu line didn't make the cut. I guess that it's losing its marketing status xD!
    I agree with you on the Munna.

I personally don't see why they'd go out of their way to put in Chinchou and Lanturn into the game, out of all Pokémon.

As for Pikachu, it hasn't been in every single regional dex, has it? I wouldn't say that it's losing its marketing status.

Lostlorn Forest and Strange House come to mind as plausible places for Munna to inhabit.

I'm not bothered that Pikachu isn't in the Unova Dex, but the fact that it hasn't been catchable at all in 5th gen is utterly baffling. I mean, aside from two events that never made it to the West, there is absolutely no way to get the Pikachu line without using Poketransfer.

Isn't Riolu already in the low percentile for encounters?
    That's true, if Riolu is the only Fighting type at that point, you should make it more common than that (maybe 80-20 or something).

I agree with you on the Munna.

I personally don't see why they'd go out of their way to put in Chinchou and Lanturn into the game, out of all Pokémon.

As for Pikachu, it hasn't been in every single regional dex, has it? I wouldn't say that it's losing its marketing status.
    Like I said, Chinochou and Lanturn are just for biased statement.

I agree with Bolt. Without Poketransfer, it is literally impossible to get Pikachu without wifi or anything.

Red/Blue/Green/Yellow Regional Pokedex: Pikachu is there, obviously
    Gold/Silver/Crystal Regional Pokedex: Pikachu is available... more or less, though it's post E4
    Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald: Pikachu is in the regional dex
    Diamond/Pearl/Platinum: Pikachu is there...

Eh, Pikachu's there in every game. In the regional dex, of course. It makes it kinda weird how BW and BW2 didn't introduce Pika into the regional dex

ASB Squad

That's true, if Riolu is the only Fighting type at that point, you should make it more common than that (maybe 80-20 or something).
    I see what you're saying

I think they made it rare IMO because:
    A.) Preserve its' legacy
    B.) Lucario is a relatively strong Pokemon especially if you get him early
    C.) I don't think people were expecting it so they wanted it to be a surprise by it randomly popping up after X amount of wild battles

Like I said, Chinochou and Lanturn are just for biased statement.

I agree with Bolt. Without Poketransfer, it is literally impossible to get Pikachu without wifi or anything.

Red/Blue/Green/Yellow Regional Pokedex: Pikachu is there, obviously
    Gold/Silver/Crystal Regional Pokedex: Pikachu is available... more or less, though it's post E4
    Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald: Pikachu is in the regional dex
    Diamond/Pearl/Platinum: Pikachu is there...

Eh, Pikachu's there in every game. In the regional dex, of course. It makes it kinda weird how BW and BW2 didn't introduce Pika into the regional dex
    Well I don't think putting Pikachu in the Unova Dex was necessary, but they should've at least put it in BW1 or BW2's post game.

I see what you're saying

I think they made it rare IMO because:
    A.) Preserve its' legacy
    B.) Lucario is a relatively strong Pokemon especially if you get him early
    C.) I don't think people were expecting it so they wanted it to be a surprise by it randomly popping up after X amount of wild battles
    And it still can if it's only a 20% encounter rate through Shaking Spots. Do you know how ridiculous it would be to catch it if it was a 5% encounter through Shaking Spots? You'd be searching there for hours just to find one (okay, that's an exaggeration, but you get the point). For something that's almost required for the first gym, you don't want to make it that rare.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 26th October 2012 at 8:37 AM.

They gave us Elekid so I'm not complaining

They gave us Elekid so I'm not complaining
    Too bad it was White 2 only, though. But Magnemite more than makes up for it, especially for it to be available so early in the game.

Too bad it was White 2 only, though. But Magnemite more than makes up for it, especially for it to be available so early in the game.
    Was Magby in B2 then? I didn't pay attention

But ya. Magnemite was awesome where it was. tbh, I've never been excited about Magnemite till BW2

I guess with the fifth generation supposedly being a reboot (and thus, a break in formula) also came the lack of Pikachu in the Pokédex.

I don't get how Grumpig is exclusive to B2 while Camerupt is exclusive to W2. It just strikes me off as weird. They don't have anything that's polar opposite. I mean Minun in Black 2 and Plusle in White 2 would make more sense (as much as I don't use it), but Grumpig and Camerupt is just...

They could've done the Mawile/Sableye thing in Desert Resort, and make Grumpig AND Camerupt non exclusives. I think Mawile/Sableye is more fitting to the surrounding, Volcano and a ghost house nearby... What a psycho pig is doing there is beyond me.

ASB Squad

Page 148 of 163 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149150151152158 ... LastLast