Page 154 of 163 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157158 ... LastLast
Results 3,826 to 3,850 of 4051

Thread: Expanded Pokedex Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    Pokémon distribution, not so much. :/
    It felt kinda... lazy. Some places were almost untouched from BW, so we strangely get some routes with almost only Unova Pokémon neighboring others with almost only non-Unova Pokémon.
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

"Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    It felt kinda... lazy. Some places were almost untouched from BW, so we strangely get some routes with almost only Unova Pokémon neighboring others with almost only non-Unova Pokémon.
    I don't know about you, but one of the places I felt fits your description pretty well is Chargestone Cave. I hated that place, since it was basically a clone of BW's. :/

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

There's exactly 1 route where I was kind of miffed at the lack of changes and that was Route 16

Now I suppose that Lostlorn Forest's big upgrade in addition to the others available there from before is supposed to make up for it (for both games, I guess that's why Lostlorn is there at all), but it always struck me as odd that it has the exact same Pokemon available as in Route 5.

I don't know what I would have added to it or changed, though.

I agree with you guys. I love some of the new routes, they are so rich in detail with all the flowers, rivers and mountains... The new cities are so creative, the new Victory Road is the best in the series with those columns and everything, but as you said, it's kind of weird to see some maps without any change. I hate Chargestone Cave in the original Black and White, so to repeat that nightmare wasn't my favorite part of Black 2 and White 2.
    White 2:

With the region design, I'd say that they did pretty good with what they had to work with. Pokémon distribution, not so much. :/
    I agree to an extent, although I think there's a couple of tweaks they could've done in terms of some of the environments available, an early game forest and/or cave would've been nice, plus some sort of ice/snow area before Drayden and some sort of marshy area (I think Rt. 22 would've fit nicely for this, the Pokemon distribution there feels too much like Rt. 13).

Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    That's exactly the word I'd use to describe it. They pretty much kept most of the areas' wild Pokemon distribution intact, which is the biggest problem. It's pretty clear that when they decided to change the storyline path, they didn't put much thought into how the Pokemon distribution would be affected and as a result, we have not enough previous gen Pokemon in the stretch between Castelia and Mistralton and not enough 5th gen Pokemon in East Unova. And then there's the utterly baffling decision of moving several species of Pokemon to Southeast Unova, which is quite possibly one of the most idiotic decisions they've made in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    There's exactly 1 route where I was kind of miffed at the lack of changes and that was Route 16

Now I suppose that Lostlorn Forest's big upgrade in addition to the others available there from before is supposed to make up for it (for both games, I guess that's why Lostlorn is there at all), but it always struck me as odd that it has the exact same Pokemon available as in Route 5.

Yeah, Rt. 16 feels too much like a Rt. 5 clone, the distribution is exactly the same on both routes. I can think of many different Pokemon that could possibly go there:

Blitzle
    Flaafy
    Magby/Elekid
    Growlithe
    Pawniard
    Clefairy
    Jigglypuff
    Lickitung
    Ditto

I don't know about you, but one of the places I felt fits your description pretty well is Chargestone Cave. I hated that place, since it was basically a clone of BW's. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Pochie ~ View Post
    I hate Chargestone Cave in the original Black and White, so to repeat that nightmare wasn't my favorite part of Black 2 and White 2.
    Now this I don't get. Chargestone Cave was one of the most unique dungeons ever created, and the Pokemon that inhabit it are even more so. I don't think there's much more they could've or should've done with it, maybe add Magnemite or Beldum there, but aside from that I don't see a problem with it. And they did add Nosepass there, BTW, so there's that. It's not completely the same as BW1.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 5th November 2012 at 6:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post

Change it so that Lostlorn Forest were required in order to travel by foot from Nimbasa to Black City or White Forest? I don't really know, anything would've been better. :/

Change it so that Lostlorn Forest were required in order to travel by foot from Nimbasa to Black City or White Forest? I don't really know, anything would've been better. :/
    Lostlorn Forest's location isn't really the problem (although it is part of the larger issue of the lack of early game forests in this game), the problem is that Rt. 5 and Rt. 16 are pretty much clones of each other, particularly in terms of wild Pokemon distribution.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Lostlorn Forest's location isn't really the problem (although it is part of the larger issue of the lack of early game forests in this game), the problem is that Rt. 5 and Rt. 16 are pretty much clones of each other, particularly in terms of wild Pokemon distribution.
    Yeah, I just realized what R_N was saying after I posted.

Although if Lostlorn Forest were rearranged, it'd seem like a more special location than it is now in BW2, and therefore have a much lower chance of being a clone of Route 5.

Yeah, I just realized what R_N was saying after I posted.

Although if Lostlorn Forest were rearranged, it'd seem like a more special location than it is now in BW2, and therefore have a much lower chance of being a clone of Route 5.
    Nah, it'd still be an optional area, plus it still doesn't fix the most important issue with Rt. 16 which is the Pokemon distribution. It literally has the exact same Pokemon as Rt. 5 aside from Swarm Pokemon and Hidden Grotto Pokemon.

Now this I don't get. Chargestone Cave was one of the most unique dungeons ever created, and the Pokemon that inhabit it are even more so. I don't think there's much more they could've or should've done with it, maybe add Magnemite or Beldum there, but aside from that I don't see a problem with it. And they did add Nosepass there, BTW, so there's that. It's not completely the same as BW1.
    I love the dungeon design and that magnetism puzzle, but there isn't any Pokémon that I like in this map, but that's a taste issue. They could have changed the stones position or even changing to a only electric pokémon claiming that they were attracted by the stones... but I get your point.
    White 2:

Nah, it'd still be an optional area, plus it still doesn't fix the most important issue with Rt. 16 which is the Pokemon distribution. It literally has the exact same Pokemon as Rt. 5 aside from Swarm Pokemon and Hidden Grotto Pokemon.
    I wouldn't really know what Pokémon to add to Route 16, but I definitely agree that Route 16 could've used some Pokémon distribution change.

Quote Originally Posted by Pochie ~ View Post
    I love the dungeon design and that magnetism puzzle, but there isn't any Pokémon that I like in this map, but that's a taste issue. They could have changed the stones position or even changing to a only electric pokémon claiming that they were attracted by the stones... but I get your point.
    There's not much they could've done to the dungeon layout to make it more interesting, the general layout is fairly linear. And again, I can't think of very many Pokemon they could add that would fit the area that well.

I wouldn't really know what Pokémon to add to Route 16, but I definitely agree that Route 16 could've used some Pokémon distribution change.
    How about some of these?

Blitzle
    Flaafy
    Magby/Elekid
    Growlithe
    Pawniard
    Clefairy
    Jigglypuff
    Lickitung
    Ditto

How about some of these?
    Blitzle, Pawniard, and Jigglypuff I could see plausibly being put there.

Magby, Elekid, and Growlithe seem appropriate for the Virbank Complex, whereas Flaaffy on Route 16 would make the Mareep in Floccesy Ranch be less unique. I think Clefairy could have stayed in the Giant Chasm along with Ditto, and I don't think Lickitung fits that well to begin with.

@Bolt the Cat

You are right, maybe I'm asking Game Freak too much. xD

@Wishing Star

I dunno why but route 16 remind me of Snubbuls. <3
    White 2:

Magby, Elekid, and Growlithe seem appropriate for the Virbank Complex, whereas Flaaffy on Route 16 would make the Mareep in Floccesy Ranch be less unique. I think Clefairy could have stayed in the Giant Chasm along with Ditto, and I don't think Lickitung fits that well to begin with.
    I don't really think it's appropriate for Pokemon like Magby, Elekid, Growlithe, and Mareep to be one offs. It's never a bad thing to have some recurring Pokemon spread out into different routes, especially if said Pokemon have evolutions that can be made catchable. Doing so makes the region feel a bit more integrated and interconnected, instead of a series of different areas with completely different Pokemon. This is another area in which BW2's distribution fails, instead of having the distribution evolve along with the player and his or her Pokemon, it's separated into different chunks with each one completely different from the other. Also, Magby and Elekid in particular are version exclusives, and you typically see them in several areas instead of just one. It would've been nice to have them in at least one other area, or better yet, their evolved forms.

I don't really think it's appropriate for Pokemon like Magby, Elekid, Growlithe, and Mareep to be one offs. It's never a bad thing to have some recurring Pokemon spread out into different routes, especially if said Pokemon have evolutions that can be made catchable. Doing so makes the region feel a bit more integrated and interconnected, instead of a series of different areas with completely different Pokemon. This is another area in which BW2's distribution fails, instead of having the distribution evolve along with the player and his or her Pokemon, it's separated into different chunks with each one completely different from the other. Also, Magby and Elekid in particular are version exclusives, and you typically see them in several areas instead of just one. It would've been nice to have them in at least one other area, or better yet, their evolved forms.
    Mareep I still think should be limited to just Floccesy Ranch.

I never actually thought about it, but yeah, Magmar and Electabuzz would fit pretty well in Route 16.

Mareep I still think should be limited to just Floccesy Ranch.
    Why? I find it somewhat ridiculous that you find Mareep so early in the game and have to stick with it for so long just to register Ampharos in the Pokedex. Very rarely are early game Pokemon only found early in the game, and the ones that do are usually rarer than that (Abra and Ralts for example)

I never actually thought about it, but yeah, Magmar and Electabuzz would fit pretty well in Route 16.
    Rt. 16 is a tad early for Magmar and Electabuzz, I was thinking Rt. 9.

I think if they add Pokémon like this earlier in the game, it keeps you more enthused and excited

Quote Originally Posted by sAv1Or) View Post
    I think if they add Pokémon like this earlier in the game, it keeps you more enthused and excited
    Maybe. It wouldn't be too unreasonable to put it that early in the game, but it would be underleveled (although it's not like they haven't done that before).

Maybe. It wouldn't be too unreasonable to put it that early in the game, but it would be underleveled (although it's not like they haven't done that before).
    But the fact we already have Magby/Elekid would make having those 2 available earlier unnecessary so my previous statement would only stand if they weren't available

Why? I find it somewhat ridiculous that you find Mareep so early in the game and have to stick with it for so long just to register Ampharos in the Pokedex. Very rarely are early game Pokemon only found early in the game, and the ones that do are usually rarer than that (Abra and Ralts for example)

One of the unique things about Floccesy Ranch flavorwise is that it houses all those Mareep. If Mareep or Flaaffy were able to be found elsewhere, it'd sort of ruin what Floccesy Ranch is known for in the game, per se.

As for Route 16, maybe Pinsir and Heracross as version exclusive Pokémon (5% shaking grass encounter rate)?

One of the unique things about Floccesy Ranch flavorwise is that it houses all those Mareep. If Mareep or Flaaffy were able to be found elsewhere, it'd sort of ruin what Floccesy Ranch is known for in the game, per se.
    Mareep isn't the only thing Floccesy Ranch is known for. Putting it somewhere else won't "ruin" Floccesy Ranch.

Mareep isn't the only thing Floccesy Ranch is known for. Putting it somewhere else won't "ruin" Floccesy Ranch.
    What else is it known for (in the games, not by players)? Wild Riolu doesn't count.

What else is it known for (in the games, not by players)? Wild Riolu doesn't count.
    It's not about which Pokemon are there. The areas don't need to be "know for" any particular Pokemon living there. But if you must know, it's known for being a huge ranch on a recently settled patch of land.

It's not about which Pokemon are there. The areas don't need to be "know for" any particular Pokemon living there. But if you must know, it's known for being a huge ranch on a recently settled patch of land.
    I remember reading somewhere that part of what made Floccesy Ranch so special was the fact that it housed free-roaming, 'tame' Mareep. (Pardon the oxymoron)

Page 154 of 163 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157158 ... LastLast