Page 157 of 163 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,925 of 4051

Thread: Expanded Pokedex Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    Except the Eeveelutions all have their own unique movesets, so that's not really a valid point. Additionally, GF has already made happiness evolutions available in the wild, so just because you don't think they should doesn't mean they won't.
    There can be exceptions, like if an elemental stone evolution has a more developed moveset or a baby Pokemon has a happiness evolution, but in general, they shouldn't really be catchable. They've definitely gone overboard with making evolutions catchable, when you make Pokemon like Dragonite and Tyranitar catchable, you know you've gone too far.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    There can be exceptions, like if an elemental stone evolution has a more developed moveset or a baby Pokemon has a happiness evolution, but in general, they shouldn't really be catchable. They've definitely gone overboard with making evolutions catchable, when you make Pokemon like Dragonite and Tyranitar catchable, you know you've gone too far.
    I'm going to have to disagree with you on that, in fact, it actually makes the game seem more realistic. If Pokemon were real life, you know there'd be wild Tyranitar and Dragonite out there, they'd just be a lot harder to find. So in making them obtainable in the games - with a much lower encounter chance then their pre-evolutions, it makes it that much more realistic.

I'm going to have to disagree with you on that, in fact, it actually makes the game seem more realistic. If Pokemon were real life, you know there'd be wild Tyranitar and Dragonite out there, they'd just be a lot harder to find. So in making them obtainable in the games - with a much lower encounter chance then their pre-evolutions, it makes it that much more realistic.
    It's not real life, though, it's a game. And from a design perspective, it makes no sense to allow you to catch some of the rarest and most powerful Pokemon in existence in the same way as other Pokemon, regardless of how rare they are.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

It's not real life, though, it's a game. And from a design perspective, it makes no sense to allow you to catch some of the rarest and most powerful Pokemon in existence in the same way as other Pokemon, regardless of how rare they are.
    Then explain catching legends?

And from a design perspective, it makes no sense to allow you to catch some of the rarest and most powerful Pokemon in existence in the same way as other Pokemon, regardless of how rare they are.
    Why doesn't it make sense? Their rarity is kind of important, too; it's not like you'll just immediately encounter a Dragonite and catch it with one Poké Ball on the first route.

You mean like these?

Then explain catching legends?
    Overworld encounter is fine if it's only once, I'm saying you shouldn't be able to walk into the grass and catch as many as you want.

Overworld encounter is fine if it's only once, I'm saying you shouldn't be able to walk into the grass and catch as many as you want.
    Why, when you can just evolve as many as you want?

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    Why, when you can just evolve as many as you want?
    Exactly. If you want some of the rarer Pokemon like Dragonite and Tyranitar, you should have to stick with their pre-evolved forms and work your way up instead of being able to walk in and catch them. It undermines their rarity.

Exactly. If you want some of the rarer Pokemon like Dragonite and Tyranitar, you should have to stick with their pre-evolved forms and work your way up instead of being able to walk in and catch them. It undermines their rarity.
    Such Pokémon are very rare in the wild. It could take hours to find them. I'd say evolving their pre-evolved forms is much easier, thanks to the Lucky Egg, high-levelled Audino, the many daily trainer battles, the ability to obtain infinite Rare Candies with relative ease, and Join Avenue.

what rarity, they're just slow evolvers

And it's the post game, so most of them are like 2 levels from evolving to the final stage anyway.

Such Pokémon are very rare in the wild. It could take hours to find them. I'd say evolving their pre-evolved forms is much easier, thanks to the Lucky Egg, high-levelled Audino, the many daily trainer battles, the ability to obtain infinite Rare Candies with relative ease, and Join Avenue.
    Not really. Maybe it's just me, but I have no problem finding Shaking Spot Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    what rarity, they're just slow evolvers
    What rarity? They're pseudo legends, they're supposed to be rare and hard to get. Being able to catch them defeats that.

What rarity? They're pseudo legends, they're supposed to be rare and hard to get. Being able to catch them defeats that.
    No it doesn't, it just makes them harder to find.

In the same way that being able to evolve their pre-evolved forms easily does?

In the same way that being able to evolve their pre-evolved forms easily does?
    Evolving their pre-evolved forms isn't that easy.

In BW2, it definitely is.

Higher Lv. Audinos, many available post-game rematches (sport domes included), lucky egg, E4. It wouldn't take very long @ all

With the new leveling system, it isn't really that hard either. You can realistically get a psuedo legendary within an hour due to rebattleable trainers like the Stadiums and the Elite Four and Audinos. Getting them from the grass is actually more tedious since they have a 1% chance of appearing in shaking grass, which means you have to hope the RNG's kind to you, otherwise you could be spending hours trying to find one.

Quote Originally Posted by sAv1Or) View Post
    In BW2, it definitely is.

Higher Lv. Audinos, many available post-game rematches (sport domes included), lucky egg, E4. It wouldn't take very long @ all
    Even in the earlier games it's not that hard. HGSS is probably the hardest if you're not waiting until post-game rematches due to the trash experience, but even then that didn't really make it more ~~~~SPECIAL & RARE~~~~~ (the Extreme Speed made it special :V).
    A lot of people raised them for things like Battle Facilities (especially Garchomp, who evolves the fastest for some reason).

And, again, these are monsters available in the post-game in this case (Except Zweilous). Most of the middle stage evolutions available will be very near their evolving point, so why not have the fully evolved forms available on the route as rare encounters (Dragonite, fyi, is a 1% encounter when you fish in surfing spots)

Well, whatever. I can't put my finger on it, but something about being able to catch fully evolved pseudo legendaries just feels... really wrong.

I hated how the Unova Dex once again didn't even have Pikachu in it! Raichu is my favorite Pokemon, and I hated having to deal with most of the game with an Ampharos. I'm glad there were some trainers that used Pikachu and Raichu though, or I wouldn't get it ever.
    My Black 2 Team:

Looking for: Any (I don't care if it was hacked or not) Level 1 Offering legit level 1 Oshawott or Pichu

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome026 View Post
    I hated how the Unova Dex once again didn't even have Pikachu in it! Raichu is my favorite Pokemon, and I hated having to deal with most of the game with an Ampharos. I'm glad there were some trainers that used Pikachu and Raichu though, or I wouldn't get it ever.
    Actually, going back to the jungle discussion, I could see Pikachu making an appearance there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome026 View Post
    I'm more annoyed that it isn't catchable in 5th gen period. They could've easily added it to BW2's post game (Rt. 3 would've been a nice place for it), but for some stupid reason they decided to make some Unova Dex Pokemon only catchable post game, edging out non-Unovan Pokemon that aren't and probably never will be catchable at all in 5th gen.

I'm more annoyed that it isn't catchable in 5th gen period. They could've easily added it to BW2's post game (Rt. 3 would've been a nice place for it), but for some stupid reason they decided to make some Unova Dex Pokemon only catchable post game, edging out non-Unovan Pokemon that aren't and probably never will be catchable at all in 5th gen.
    I think they did this to promote trading through other games and not isolate players to only playing BW/BW2

that way they can release more Pikachu events and make it seem worthwhile.

that way they can release more Pikachu events and make it seem worthwhile.
    That could be true as well. Much like why/how they left out a lot of other favorable and "forgotten" Pokemon

Page 157 of 163 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161 ... LastLast