Page 26 of 163 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676126 ... LastLast

Thread: Expanded Pokedex Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Is there any new news? Also, what pokemon are confirmed?
    I'm awesome

My team will likely be mostly Unova because I have only used 6 Unova Pokemon so far (played only one play trough)... This could change if I manage to make another play trough before the release, which I probably will because of hype before the release.

Anyways I'm too hoping for Zubat like, Crobat is very good Pokemon and you can get him very early on.

Should I use Golduck or Lapras? I'm tired of the gen V water types but I don't know which is better.
    Current Teams:
    Black:

Heartgold:

Platinum:

Quote Originally Posted by Gamemaster5394 View Post
    Is there any new news? Also, what pokemon are confirmed?
    If there was any new news we would be discussing it.

And there are probably over a dozen posts that have confirmed the Pokemon we know, including the 3rd post of this very thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Oreokidd View Post
    Should I use Golduck or Lapras? I'm tired of the gen V water types but I don't know which is better.
    In all honesty, i'd say lapras. Got good hp, good defences, its not weak agenst grass (though fire does normal damage) and well...I just like lapras better, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRibbonedCubchoo View Post
    In all honesty, i'd say lapras. Got good hp, good defences, its not weak agenst grass (though fire does normal damage) and well...I just like lapras better, lol.
    Lapras is still weak to grass. I'd pick Lapras, gets good coverage and better stats.

The only pokemon I'm even considering catching is an eevee just becuase I think it's cool to find it in the wild. It'd be cool if that's where they've been in the Pokemon world all along. But while I would like knowing that the old pokemon being added are because of the poketransfer or something (which I'm not saying is the case, just that I'd like an explaination since Unova originally was shown to be void of other gen pokemon and I liked it), eevee is an exception. I wouldn't find eevee being there being caused by poketransfer or whatever ineresting but rather that they are actually native to the Unova region and we never knew this until now.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow PKMN Trainer View Post
    Lapras is still weak to grass. I'd pick Lapras, gets good coverage and better stats.
    And you'd think ice would beat grass. Example: Winter.

November 2001 - February 2005

[IMG]http://i53.*******.com/2ur1emc.png[/IMG]

v--Current Black 2 Team--v
    Lilwun lv34 Maiden lv37 Grandage lv40 Crash lv40 Elizabeth lv32 Ballarina lv30

Quote Originally Posted by TheRibbonedCubchoo View Post
    lol hopefully it's available early on. thanks!
    Current Teams:
    Black:

Heartgold:

Platinum:

Eevee will definitely have a place on my team. I think the lowest you could find it in the wild was 14? I forgot. I'd love me some Espeon early on in the game.

Azumarill will definitely be returning to my team roster. That thing was my powerhouse in Emerald thanks to Huge Power. Now, because of the physical/special split, it's gonna destroy everything lol.

Meh, I'm also good with anything else. But if there's a Skarmory, I'll finally have a respectable Flying-type on my team. What I didn't like about Black and White was that the Flying-types were easy to get (but weak as hell) or they appeared late/post-game and were strong. Sorry Unfezant, but I'm here to win, not participate in the now-defunct Beauty Contest.
    3DS Friend Code: 0404 - 7523 - 0951 - Feel free to add me

International hype anthem of Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mnzqWlm59A

X Team (Dale): Kangaskhan, Weavile, Starmie, Garchomp, Chansey, Gliscor
    Y Team (new!; Lucina): Combusken, Aerodactyl, Frogadier, Gloom, Whirlipede, lol
    Shinies: Abomasnow, Floette, Zubat, Murkrow, Qwilfish, Relicanth, Gyarados, Illumise

Quote Originally Posted by Oreokidd View Post
    lol hopefully it's available early on. thanks!
    Sorry, but I just don't see that happen. Lapras is a pretty stong pokemon. Putting it early in the game seems unfair. In RBY, you get one in Silphs Co. after you have at least 5-6 badges. In GSC, you find one on Fridays at level 20 if I remembered right, but you have to know surf to have access to him. You can't get one in DPP until Victory Road, and you can't catch Lapras in BW until after you finish the game. In the best scenario, you'll get a Lapras about mid game.
    Disappearance: REWRITE (19/??)
    Author: Mitsukiharu (collaboration account)
    Summary: Legendary pokemon once resided with humans until war and bloodshed turned the center of Johto into a wasteland 150 years ago. The legendaries scattered to keep peace. 5 years after Red was defeated, he and the Green are in a situation like before war broke out. They must find the cause of the disappearances of the legendary pokemon or the world would be thrown into disarray.

My Personal FF Account l Ambition l Four Times The Charm l For The Love of Food! l Disappearance: REWRITE (collboration)

Quote Originally Posted by Waterpokes View Post
    There were some Fire types in Unova, and now that Arcanine and Flareon are in this game, I don't think we might see many more Fire types, outside those already confirmed. I'm counting 15 Fire Pokemon (2 legendaries) + 3 already confirmed. Maybe two more Fire Pokemon might be added, to make the total amount 20. If so, I'm hoping for the Slugma-line or the Vulpix-line.

I am expecting more Poison and Water Pokemon this time around, and not to complain, but I'm a bit disappointed with the new additions, regarding the Water Pokemon. Wingull, Mantine and Psyduck again? Could we not get the Horsea-line, Krabby-line, Seel-line, Spheal-line, Kabuto-line, etc instead? Of course, we could get these as well, but these again? But hey, maybe they'll grow on me. This probably makes me look bad since I wanted the Zubat-line back, but bats are great.

For Poison Pokemon, I'm hoping to see Ekans-line, Grimer-line, Zubat-line and Venonat-line. Since there were pretty few Poison types in the Unova dex (7 only), I'm expecting at least four new ones.
    When was Wingull confirmed?

Quote Originally Posted by Prominence View Post
    When was Wingull confirmed?
    Wingull wasn't directly confirmed, though Pelipper was in one of the trailers.

Quote Originally Posted by KumaPanda View Post
    Sorry, but I just don't see that happen. Lapras is a pretty stong pokemon. Putting it early in the game seems unfair. In RBY, you get one in Silphs Co. after you have at least 5-6 badges. In GSC, you find one on Fridays at level 20 if I remembered right, but you have to know surf to have access to him. You can't get one in DPP until Victory Road, and you can't catch Lapras in BW until after you finish the game. In the best scenario, you'll get a Lapras about mid game.
    yeah I figured as much. I meant before the E4. I'd hope to see it around the 5th or 6th gym.
    Current Teams:
    Black:

Heartgold:

Platinum:

Do you guys think theres a possibility that we can encounter Deino earlier in the games this time around?

Quote Originally Posted by Sheimi-Shaymin View Post
    Eevee will definitely have a place on my team. I think the lowest you could find it in the wild was 14? I forgot. I'd love me some Espeon early on in the game.

Azumarill will definitely be returning to my team roster. That thing was my powerhouse in Emerald thanks to Huge Power. Now, because of the physical/special split, it's gonna destroy everything lol.

Meh, I'm also good with anything else. But if there's a Skarmory, I'll finally have a respectable Flying-type on my team. What I didn't like about Black and White was that the Flying-types were easy to get (but weak as hell) or they appeared late/post-game and were strong. Sorry Unfezant, but I'm here to win, not participate in the now-defunct Beauty Contest.
    I loved Azumarill and its Huge Power in my Sapphire team. It cleaned out many annoying NPCs' teams.
    Why would anyone use Unfezant? It's such a weak flying-type like most of 5th generation's. Skarmory seems reasonable more than halfway into the game. Maybe even on Skyla's team if she makes a return to B2W2.
        Spoiler:- Just- lol:

Quote Originally Posted by KumaPanda View Post
    In RBY, you get one in Silphs Co. after you have at least 5-6 badges.
    Not true, You could get Lapras after you got Misty badge, since all you need to do was.

-Use cut on the bush leading to Rock tunnel.
    -trek trough Rock tunnel
    -Go to Celadon City
    - Defeat Team Rocket in the hide out
    -Buy a drink
    -Go to Lavender Town and save Mr.Fuji
    - Give the drink to the guard and head toward Saffron City
    -find the lift key
    -head toward the 3rd floor use the warp panel
    -Fight your Rival- good luck with that since your team will underlevel
    - Claim Lapras.

But yeah I agree with your point, we aren't likely to get Lapras early until we get the surf HM.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    Why would anyone use Unfezant? It's such a weak flying-type like most of 5th generation's. Skarmory seems reasonable more than halfway into the game. Maybe even on Skyla's team if she makes a return to B2W2.
    Which I why I wish there were better Flying-types early on. The good ones usually appear about late-game. I really don't have the patience, lol.

Either Skarmory or Starly would be fine with me. Even a Taillow. Yeah, ESPECIALLY STARLY.

International hype anthem of Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mnzqWlm59A

Shinies: Abomasnow, Floette, Zubat, Murkrow, Qwilfish, Relicanth, Gyarados, Illumise

I'd love to see Taillow, it's a Barn Swallow and those things are super common in America.

And Unfeazant would be good if it got better moves, witch will probally happen this game. (females should get Egg Bomb, while the Males get Double-Edge)
    Minncinno used Substitute!Minncinno used Thunderbolt!

Serebii.net, come for the Pokemon news, stay for the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    I'd love to see Taillow, it's a Barn Swallow and those things are super common in America.

And Unfeazant would be good if it got better moves, witch will probally happen this game. (females should get Egg Bomb, while the Males get Double-Edge)
    If it got better stats, honestly. That attack stat isn't doing it any favors (in the long run) and its Special Defense is abysmal.

If it got better stats, honestly. That attack stat isn't doing it any favors (in the long run) and its Special Defense is abysmal.
    Unfezant would at least be useable with better moves.

Honestly I'm not sure why they just didn't make the thing a defensive bird. It at least has the move set for it.

Even Pidgey would do. At least Pigeot has a cool design and can take damage on its own. I gave up training my Unfezant half way through the game because it got killed way too easily. At least compared to my other pokemon. Liepard was another disappointment for me. Cool design, terrible defense.
    Summary: Legendary pokemon once resided with humans until war and bloodshed turned the center of Johto into a wasteland 150 years ago. The legendaries scattered to keep peace. 5 years after Red was defeated, he and the Green are in a situation like before war broke out. They must find the cause of the disappearances of the legendary pokemon or the world would be thrown into disarray.

My Personal FF Account l Ambition l Four Times The Charm l For The Love of Food! l Disappearance: REWRITE (collboration)

I dunno, I loved my Unfezant. Maybe you just have to know how to use them... or you need to get one with a good nature or IV's, or something. Plus, the female's design is freaking awesome. I may use Unfezant in this game if it gets an updated moveset. Hopefully it it'll be able to learn some better physical moves...

I've tried raising a Pidgeot
    It was a very tiring experience and I never actually make it past Pidgeotto.

For some reason I can only imagine Pidove... probably because it is 'the regional bird'

I guess how strong a pokemon is depends on how you use it. I tend to overlevel my pokemon and use a combination of status changing moves before using attacks.

Page 26 of 163 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676126 ... LastLast