Page 77 of 163 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187127 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,925 of 4051

Thread: Expanded Pokedex Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

I have to agree, the repetitiveness was annoying. I would have loved to have Pokemon like Pawinard or Rufflet/Vullaby earlier on.

I mean in previous games one could always somewhat get the Pokemon you want early on the game but I glad the decided to mix up the Dex a little. That means you and a friend could not have the same team unlike it was in BW where everyone at least the same Pokemon.

3DS XL Friend Code: 2036-7872-1965
    .: DA | Tumblr | MAL :.

300 pokemon is half the national dex (no duh, sherlock). Another problem is that pokemon are being based off the same animals and other things (like Ekans/Arbok, Dunspare(?), Seviper, Snivy/Servine/Serperior, and now Thunderous are all based off of snakes). It just doesn't mix well when you have so many of the "same" pokemon over and over, especailly in the same region. I have doubts, but who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by FE21 View Post
    300 pokemon is half the national dex (no duh, sherlock). Another problem is that pokemon are being based off the same animals and other things (like Ekans/Arbok, Dunspare(?), Seviper, Snivy/Servine/Serperior, and now Thunderous are all based off of snakes). It just doesn't mix well when you have so many of the "same" pokemon over and over, especailly in the same region. I have doubts, but who knows?
    So, you mean to say that we can't have different birds in this region because it wouldn't mix well?

Biodiversity exists for a reason.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow♠ View Post
    I have to agree, the repetitiveness was annoying. I would have loved to have Pokemon like Pawinard or Rufflet/Vullaby earlier on.
    Yep, That's mainly why I lost interest in training Pawniard and Deino back in BW... I left them out for these new games hoping they appear much earlier in the game this time...

I could never take the time to train a Deino legitimately no matter how early it was. I'm not dragging that thing through the vast majority of the game and at best come out of it with a Zweilous

Since when was sacred thundurus a snake? Just because it's measured by length doesn't mean it's a snake. Rayquaza is not a snake last I checked.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Quote Originally Posted by kemal07 View Post
    Yep, That's mainly why I lost interest in training Pawniard and Deino back in BW... I left them out for these new games hoping they appear much earlier in the game this time...
    Yeah, I wanted to catch a Pawniard but it so far in the game that I already build a team by them and I simply had no room for it. I also will never take the necessary time it takes to train a Deino pre-Elite 4.

3DS XL Friend Code: 2036-7872-1965
    .: DA | Tumblr | MAL :.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    So, you mean to say that we can't have different birds in this region because it wouldn't mix well?

Biodiversity exists for a reason.
    Point taken. However, most people can tell a penguin from an eagle easier than a gardener snake to a rattlesnake

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    Since when was sacred thundurus a snake? Just because it's measured by length doesn't mean it's a snake. Rayquaza is not a snake last I checked.
    I read a rumor on the home page and thought everyone would know what I'm talking about. Now that you point it out more closely I see you're right. Rayquaza is a dragon type so I never thought of it that way!
    I meant to edithe "...I see you're right." area but it won't let me click on that word. I was going to put in parenthasies "(about the Thunderous)".
    Last edited by FE21; 22nd May 2012 at 4:26 AM.

Yeah nature gets so boring what with all these Gardeners, Cobras, Coral, and Rattles all being based off of snakes...

You might wanna remember that just like nature has different species of the same animal so does Pokemon, heck none of the serpentine pokemon lines are based on the same snake

Ekans and Arbok are Rattlesnakes and Cobras
    Dunsparce is a Japanese legend snake
    Seviper is a viper
    Snivy's line is based on Garden snakes and boas (hence the lack of Poison moves like Poison Fang and Poison Tail)

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    Dunsparce is based on a snake? I just always thought of it as some random thingy. Though I forgot that it's classified as the Land Snake Pokémon

Anyway, I thought I should do a poké-count again since the main site included the pokémon from the movie trailer (Grimer & Muk, Zangoose, Seviper). So if we count them, there are now only 97 pokémon left to be added to the pokédex
    Last edited by Mr.Munchlax; 22nd May 2012 at 5:07 PM.
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    Dunsparce is based on a snake? I just always thought of it as some random thingy. Though I forgot that it's classified as the Land Snake Pokémon

Anyway, I thought I should do a poké-count again since the main site included the pokémon from the movie trailer (Grimer & Muk, Zangoose, Seviper). So if we count them, there are now only 97 pokémon left to be added to the pokédex
    I know there aren't any confirmation or what-so-ever, I have a feeling the Elekid line will be included too, based on the Magby...

but Jheeze 97 already... I wonder who this special number would include...

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    Yeah nature gets so boring what with all these Gardeners, Cobras, Coral, and Rattles all being based off of snakes...

You might wanna remember that just like nature has different species of the same animal so does Pokemon, heck none of the serpentine pokemon lines are based on the same snake

Ekans and Arbok are Rattlesnakes and Cobras
    Seviper is a viper
    Snivy's line is based on Garden snakes and boas (hence the lack of Poison moves like Poison Fang and Poison Tail)
    Nature's incredibly boring. That's why I play video games insted of bug catching (1 brownie point to anyone (so everyone) who can tell me why I used that as an example). I still would like a little more variation in pokemon. Even if they are based on different species, I assume most people think of the snakes as snakes. Just an opinion.

Bored as ever. Compiled my own 'Unova Dex'...

Spoiler:- Johno's Unova Dex:
    Last edited by johno1995; 23rd May 2012 at 4:10 AM.
    X:

OR:

Do you think Feebas's line will be added because of how generation V introduced the Prism Scale?

Also, just out of curiosity, how many people used Milotic outside of contests if they do add it?
    Last edited by Mr.Munchlax; 23rd May 2012 at 4:49 AM.

Do you think Feebas's line will be added because of how generation V introduced the Prism Scale?
    I think that's a good possibility.

The Magnezone line (who got Chargestone Cave as a new evolution method) is in, I'd like to think the other lines with new methods of evolution -- like the Nosepass & Feebas lines -- are in too.
    X:

OR:

Quote Originally Posted by johno1995 View Post
    I think that's a good possibility.

The Magnezone line (who got Chargestone Cave as a new evolution method) is in, I'd like to think the other lines with new methods of evolution -- like the Nosepass & Feebas lines -- are in too.
    Well Pokemon like Magnemite and Nosepass need to evolve in a certain place. Feebas only needs a Prism Scale. Though I can see Feebas making it in, from fishing of course.

Nature's incredibly boring. That's why I play video games insted of bug catching (1 brownie point to anyone (so everyone) who can tell me why I used that as an example). I still would like a little more variation in pokemon. Even if they are based on different species, I assume most people think of the snakes as snakes. Just an opinion.
    +1 brownie point plox b/c the original creator of the games based it off of his hobby of bug catching.

Also, just out of curiosity, how many people used Milotic outside of contests if they do add it?
    This is actually a really good point... I completely forgot about the Prism Scale... I think Feebas/Milotic may indeed have a high chance of making it into the new Unova Dex...

Quote Originally Posted by kemal07 View Post
    This is actually a really good point... I completely forgot about the Prism Scale... I think Feebas/Milotic may indeed have a high chance of making it into the new Unova Dex...
    I hope so, because I'm considering having either Milotic or Mantine as my secondary Water-type via trading an egg from my White version, the only thing is I'm not sure how useful they are in battle, or if they're basically generic pokémon that most wifi trainers have

Another problem is that pokemon are being based off the same animals and other things (like Ekans/Arbok, Dunspare(?), Seviper, Snivy/Servine/Serperior, and now Thunderous are all based off of snakes). It just doesn't mix well when you have so many of the "same" pokemon over and over, especailly in the same region. I have doubts, but who knows?
    I actually like this about having such a large regional dex. I feel like it makes things more interesting. For example, now when going through caves we can run into the Zubat, Woobat, Geodude, AND Roggenrola lines. It adds so much more diversity and keeps things feeling fresh throughout the games.

I hope so, because I'm considering having either Milotic or Mantine as my secondary Water-type via trading an egg from my White version, the only thing is I'm not sure how useful they are in battle, or if they're basically generic pokémon that most wifi trainers have
    Not sure about Mantine... But Milotic is super awesome... If Milotic is confirmed to be in the dex, I would put it in my own rotational team... However, I'm saving it for RS Remakes if there is any : P...

I have to be honest... for BW2, I have Floatzel set out as my water type... However, we only saw an illustration of it... I wonder if it really is part of the new Unova Dex...

So, is it confirmed to include all Unova Pokemon?
        Spoiler:- Challenges:

Userbar made by Geijutsu-shin in Trickster44's Art Shop

Quote Originally Posted by ilovedeino View Post
    It is not officially confirmed... but it is definitely likely... It be weird otherwise...

Quote Originally Posted by ilovedeino View Post
    I think it was confirmed that all legitimately obtainable Unova pokemon are available in BW2. Keldeo/Meloetta/Genesect/Sacred Beast Formes/Victini are obviously something not easily obtained, and pretty much every other Unova pokemon were obtainable between Black and White.
    Last edited by Bardische; 23rd May 2012 at 5:32 PM.
    3DS Friend Code: 0404 - 7523 - 0951 - Feel free to add me

International hype anthem of Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mnzqWlm59A

X Team (Dale): Kangaskhan, Weavile, Starmie, Garchomp, Chansey, Gliscor
    Y Team (new!; Lucina): Combusken, Aerodactyl, Frogadier, Gloom, Whirlipede, lol
    Shinies: Abomasnow, Floette, Zubat, Murkrow, Qwilfish, Relicanth, Gyarados, Illumise

Page 77 of 163 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187127 ... LastLast