Page 98 of 163 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108148 ... LastLast
Results 2,426 to 2,450 of 4051

Thread: Expanded Pokedex Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

I'll be playing Black 2, so I hope Ninetales is in there.

Never understood why Arcanine and Ninetails were version exclusive since Arcanine's stats are vastly superior. Hopefully this won't be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Cram View Post
    Never understood why Arcanine and Ninetails were version exclusive since Arcanine's stats are vastly superior. Hopefully this won't be the case.
    They're both based on quadrupedal mammals who have traits of canines. They're both Fire-types in a two-stage evolution family. And their pre-evolutions evolve from a Fire Stone. Stat-wise, they're not exactly on-par, but everything else I listed is what makes them parallels with each other. And I think Arcanine is more...masculine and Ninetales is more feminine in appearance. Like with Gyarados/Milotic.

There's still a chance, though, that they're going to make Arcanine/Ninetales version exclusives. But who knows. Seviper and Zangoose were available in the wild in Black and White. You could even encounter them together in doubles grass.
    3DS Friend Code: 0404 - 7523 - 0951 - Feel free to add me

International hype anthem of Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mnzqWlm59A

X Team (Dale): Kangaskhan, Weavile, Starmie, Garchomp, Chansey, Gliscor
    Y Team (new!; Lucina): Combusken, Aerodactyl, Frogadier, Gloom, Whirlipede, lol
    Shinies: Abomasnow, Floette, Zubat, Murkrow, Qwilfish, Relicanth, Gyarados, Illumise

So is it true that Riolu and Zora will be version exclusives this time around?
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!

Quote Originally Posted by TheBattleFrontierAsh1 View Post
    So is it true that Riolu and Zora will be version exclusives this time around?
    We have no idea. They may be, they may not be.

I don't think they will put Zorua in a "Version exclusive" role considering it's one of the key, mascot-like Pokemon of Gen 5.
    Arcanine and Ninetales share many traits physically, besides they both evolve via the Fire stone/ Makes perfect sense!
    *Hoenn is where the start is*

I can't believe about 80 Pokemon are unknown, and the game is releasing in less than 2 weeks.

My Pokémon Omega Ruby Team:

[Raven] : [Neptune] : [Simba] : [Dubai] : [Zelda] : [Brutus]
    3DS Friend Code:
    2938-8044-3384

Quote Originally Posted by Gamemaster5394 View Post
    I can't believe about 80 Pokemon are unknown, and the game is releasing in less than 2 weeks.
    ...You do know that that means 220 are known, correct?

This isn't exactly uncommon, anyway.

This is nothing new. Most elements of the games aren't fully known until a day or two after launch. Once the games are released, the information we have now will be dwarfed in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by a person View Post
    ...You do know that that means 220 are known, correct?

This isn't exactly uncommon, anyway.
    I said about. And since we don't know if all Unova Pokemon are confirmed, there are basically 200 Pokemon unknown.

3DS Friend Code:
    2938-8044-3384

I said about. And since we don't know if all Unova Pokemon are confirmed, there are basically 200 Pokemon unknown.
    It would be weird if all of the Unova Pokemon weren't in B/W 2...I mean they were all in B/W, why would they all of the sudden entire species move?(besides ice)

When Black and White were in their promotional period, we knew fewer Pokemon prior to the game's release than we do now, if I remember correctly. (Well, technically, since that one Spanish guy leaked and described (inaccurately in many cases) every single Pokemon in the Unova Pokedex, we knew them all, but as far as official reveals, we had less than we do now.) It's not too unbelievable.

I said about.
    Which changes...?

And since we don't know if all Unova Pokemon are confirmed, there are basically 200 Pokemon unknown.
    Why wouldn't all Unova Pokemon be in Unova?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow♠ View Post
    It would be weird if all of the Unova Pokemon weren't in B/W 2...I mean they were all in B/W, why would they all of the sudden entire species move?(besides ice)
    Quote Originally Posted by a person View Post
    Why wouldn't all Unova Pokemon be in Unova?
    Well... The sudden influx of foreign Pokémon could greatly effect the ecosystem in Unova (logically, it would, but this is Pokémon). Saying that, I don't think there will be an absence of Unova Pokémon in BW2. Game Freak will obviously want to continue to promote their new creatures.

All of Unova Pokémon are confirmed for obvious reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    Well... The sudden influx of foreign Pokémon could greatly effect the ecosystem in Unova (logically, it would, but this is Pokémon). Saying that, I don't think there will be an absence of Unova Pokémon in BW2. Game Freak will obviously want to continue to promote their new creatures.
    Well, since Walrein eat Sealeo, basically anything can happen.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Walrein
    If you don't believe me, look at the "diet section."

3DS Friend Code:
    2938-8044-3384

Well, since Walrein eat Sealeo, basically anything can happen.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Walrein
    If you don't believe me, look at the "diet section."
    Walrein does not eat his pre-evolved form.

Walrein most likely hunt for food underwater, like Sealeo.
    It hunt for food underwater, like Sealeo does.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post
    Walrein does not eat his pre-evolved form.

It hunt for food underwater, like Sealeo does.
    Oh. Sorry. I shudda realized that.
    Last edited by Räven; 10th June 2012 at 11:44 PM.

3DS Friend Code:
    2938-8044-3384

I was about to say "WTF?" until I read it, anyway love to see the Scyther line in the game.

Not TECHNICALLY, but that should be clarified by saying legendaries aren't all confirmed to be in the regional dex.

That said I agree with you.
    *ALL-STAR MODE*

Quote Originally Posted by Wadeledge View Post
    Not TECHNICALLY, but that should be clarified by saying legendaries aren't all confirmed to be in the regional dex.
    Keldeo and Meloetta were already confirmed, so I don't see why non-event ones wouldn't be there.

In fact... the Kami trio was confirmed, the Musketeer trio appears in the intro, Keldeo and Meloetta are confirmed as #298 and #299, Kyurem is obviously in, either Reshiram or Zekrom will be seen with N. So... chances are, they're all in the regional dex.

3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

^ You forgot Genesect, but they will obviously release it in an event next year, so yeah, probably all of them will be in the regional dex.

Well no, there's been no press statement or actual solid proof promising that they're all in there. But that's probably because, as you say, it's obvious that they should be - so obvious that we don't really 'need' confirmation. It's far more likely that there's been an influx of old Pokemon than there being an exodus of Unovan ones.

That said, not including certain Unovan pokes could be GF's way of ensuring we buy/trade with the original BW games. And they haven't exactly shied away from this tactic in the past.

Even if they don't reveal to us all the Pokemon we can expect before the release date, I'd at least like information regarding version exclusives. Hoping for an update to the main site providing us with that in upcoming week and a half.
    - Hiatus Notice -

I'm sorry to do this, but I won't be posting in the Serebii Discussion Forums anymore. My account here will remain open for trading/chatting with friends, but please be patient for a reply as my visits here will be fewer.

I've left for the greener pastures of Bulbagarden Forums, where free speech is still allowed and the rules are followed by all, including those who enforce them.

It's been a fun 3 years ~

In a third version, it would be very likely to see some Unova Pokémon missing, but the new games are two sequels, it is more likely to have all of the Pokémon in the games.
    With version exclusives and etc, obviously. That is why I think all of Unova Pokémon are confirmed for obvious reasons.

In a third version, it would be very likely to see some Unova Pokémon missing, but the new games are two sequels, it is more likely to have all of the Pokémon in the games.
    With version exclusives and etc, obviously. That is why I think all of Unova Pokémon are confirmed for obvious reasons.
    In Platinum, Stunky and Glameow are both unobtainable, but are still part of the regional dex since they can be "seen" via trainers.

It might be the same case with Gen V Pokemon -- some may be unobtainable, but all of them are still in the regional dex.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Page 98 of 163 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108148 ... LastLast