Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Eureka Seven AO

Okay, new opening this week.

Starts with Nirvash flying through the sky, kind of like E7's first opening.

lol Ao looks like a giant water-walking monster. Okay they're showing the main characters, standard fair.

Side characters coming onto the screen, awesome. This feels a bit familiar though...

Truth with his Gurren Lagann.

Ao again, Eureka, wait was that Renton?!
    Wait what's going on?! This beat... Is this? OH MY GOD IT'S JUST LIKE DAYS. HOLY **** IT'S A REMAKE OF DAYS.

IS THIS FLOW? THIS SOUNDS JUST LIKE FLOW. OH MY GOD IT IS FLOW! THE SONG SOUNDS SO SIMILAR BUT IT ROCKS!

I ****in' cried out "YES!" and applauded. In one minute the series has been completely redeemed.

I've pretty much given up on keeping track of all the **** that's going on now. It'll work itself out later I guess. One big revelation this week is that AO takes place before E7. That flashback from E7 about how the Scubs took over or whatever? I think that's when this series takes place.

My opinion of this show shot up 100% when I heard FLOW, yes, I'm that biased towards shows that have an OP by them. Speaking of which, single released when?

Also apparently Eureka is pregnant with a girl, this show never fails to confuse me.
    Last edited by Jolteon91; 20th July 2012 at 11:46 PM.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    Also apparently Eureka is pregnant with a girl, this show never fails to confuse me.
    Ao confirmed for trap, obviously.

Just look at him crossdress. (Soul Eater cameo at 0:33)

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    Makes sense, every other Generation Bleu pilot seems to be female.
    My Anime List

One big revelation this week is that AO takes place before E7.
    That was hinted at in the previous episode. Georg and Fleur said the the Gekko was built in a future year and Eureka explained that she and Renton were using the Gekko to track the disappearing Scub Coral.

I think Elena might have something to do with Eureka supposedly having a baby girl.

Elena has been flip flopping from LOL ANIME REFERENCES!!! to Super Serious Psycho Spy. It's very jarring, especially since the latter kinda comes outta nowhere.

And what the heck was with that ghost of Eureka that Naru sees later in the episode?

I have no idea what's going on anymore, first time travel, now Ao seems to have jumped into a world were Goldilocks don't exist.

And Elena stays happy this episode, I wish she would just pick a persona and stick with it.
    My Anime List

I have no idea what's going on anymore, first time travel, now Ao seems to have jumped into a world were Goldilocks don't exist.
    JUST when things were starting to make sense they throw that at us. Maybe the "weapon" that came outta nowhere lets Ao travel between World Lines.

I'm also under the impression that Ao is gay. Given that he didn't blush at all during that tent scene where it was implied Fleur may have touched him on his Seventh Swell but he blushed after when the friggin' pilot gave him a thumbs up.

This series sure does like it symbolic dream sequences...

Elena seems to be trying to hide seriousness from others. In a previous episode, she surprised Fleur with her angry reaction toward Eureka.

I think the explanation for Goldilocks seemingly being forgotten by most of the characters might include one or more of these:

1. Ao traveled to an alternate dimension/timeline.

2. The Quartz used some memories as fuel.

3. There is a massive coverup within Generation Bleu involving Team Goldilocks which probably also has something to do with Bruno's supposed suicide.
    Last edited by Exodd; 18th August 2012 at 10:31 PM.

So, Ao shot the past. I guess his is the gun that will pierce timelines?

We got a Renton mention, hopefully he shows up soon and can make something interesting happen.
    My Anime List

This series has been going downhill for a while but I'm starting to get sick of it. It's too needlessly complicated. Either that, or they're not telling this story properly.

I mean, is all this time travel, alternate dimension, hidden character motives, secret ******** really necessary to tell the kind of story they wanted to tell? And what is that story anyways? The original Eureka Seven explored it's themes of love, growing up, tolerance of other races/religions and all the other things really well in comparison. It seemed like the story was created to send a message rather than what this series has become. While Eureka Seven kept a few things as a mystery it was all for a specific reason, while AO just feels like it needs to have a "plot twist" every episode.

I hope I'm wrong about all this but things are looking bleak.

So, Ao shot the past. I guess his is the gun that will pierce timelines?
    Pfft. Who the hell do you think he is?

We're almost 3/4 of the way through the series now. Even if the conclusion ties everything together in a way that explains everything perfectly (and that's a big if), it won't excuse all the time spent making things so messy, especially since I think it's meant not having enough time to develop characters that I can care about.
    Last edited by TotalPotato; 28th August 2012 at 8:40 PM.
    100% of information in signatures on this forum involving percentages is false. If you feel as cheated by this atrocity as I do, don't you dare copy this into your signature.
    Hold on... if this percentage was correct at the time of print, that means the actual percentage of false information is less than 100% if this signature is included. Which means that... no! I've become a slave to the system!!

I speedrun DS Pokémon games. Currently, I speedrun Pokémon White 2, and I've also ran Pokémon Pearl in the past. If you want to see Pokémon games pushed to their limits (or if you want to do so yourself!), check out the Pokémon Speedruns website, and if you want to watch me, catch me on my Twitch channel.

I don't think Eureka Seven AO is meant to convey many morals like Eureka Seven did. The show seems to be more of just an anecdotal story of events surrounding Renton's and Eureka's child(ren). Most of the events in the show seem to have been explained already as the effects of time travel.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodd View Post
    I don't think Eureka Seven AO is meant to convey many morals like Eureka Seven did. The show seems to be more of just an anecdotal story of events surrounding Renton's and Eureka's child(ren). Most of the events in the show seem to have been explained already as the effects of time travel.
    See, that makes it sound like a fan fiction.

See, that makes it sound like a fan fiction.
    And an extremely poor one at that.
    My Anime List

So, Elena MURDERED SOMEONE AND NO ONE CARES!!!! Makes sense.

If this doesn't have a second season the ending is going to be so rushed, possibly on par with No. 6's rushed ending, and surprise, surprise it's the same studio as No. 6. I mean seriously, you're better than this BONES.

At least the OP is amazing.

EDIT: It looks like due to the two week delay of the Olympics episode 23-24 won't be airing as Zetsuen no Tempest looks to be airing in that time slot.
    Last edited by Jolteon91; 31st August 2012 at 3:10 PM.
    My Anime List

This series has been going downhill for a while but I'm starting to get sick of it. It's too needlessly complicated. Either that, or they're not telling this story properly.

I mean, is all this time travel, alternate dimension, hidden character motives, secret ******** really necessary to tell the kind of story they wanted to tell? And what is that story anyways? The original Eureka Seven explored it's themes of love, growing up, tolerance of other races/religions and all the other things really well in comparison. It seemed like the story was created to send a message rather than what this series has become. While Eureka Seven kept a few things as a mystery it was all for a specific reason, while AO just feels like it needs to have a "plot twist" every episode.

I hope I'm wrong about all this but things are looking bleak.
    While I do agree with you on the most part. The last series was all that great at explaining itself either. To be honest, while I do like Eureka Seven and it does have it problems but then again I can't expect it to be perfect. I will keep watching AO to see it does improve. Though I want this to get another season.

3DS XL Friend Code: 2036-7872-1965
    .: DA | Tumblr | MAL :.

Quote Originally Posted by Izanagi View Post
    While I do agree with you on the most part. The last series was all that great at explaining itself either. To be honest, while I do like Eureka Seven and it does have it problems but then again I can't expect it to be perfect. I will keep watching AO to see it does improve. Though I want this to get another season.
    I'm going to take a guess and say that you meant to say "wasn't all that great at explaining itself." That's just going off on how the sentence was formed, and from what you bolded in my comment.

I do agree, the first Eureka Seven did keep the viewers in the dark with a lot of things. For most of the first half Eureka's identity was unknown, how Nirvash and the Amita Drive worked weren't explained right away, and who knew what was up with Anemone? But a lot of basic things were clear as well. You knew who was fighting for peace and who was fighting for selfish gain. You knew most of the characters motives and desires were except for those key few who were shrouded in mystery.

In AO I don't feel much attachment to the fights anymore because I'm not sure what the characters want. AO wants to see Naru and his mother again but they keep disappearing so he's left as Generation Blue's lackey. Elena's doing God knows what. Naru wants peace but steals Nirvash and keeps disappearing. Truth looks like he has Secret powers but Eureka and Naru said that Secrets aren't the enemy and he might be part human I don't even know anymore. He wants to **** stuff up I guess.

I also agree that if this show needs another season. Or needed one. Just more time to get things straight and maybe have a soccer episode or something.

Eureka wants Ao to destroy the Scub Coral and not fight Secrets, presumably so that the alterations in the timeline caused by the Scub Coral would be "erased". Eureka is apparently trapped between dimensions, but can manage some contact between them. Naru opposes that, as she has Scub Coral growing inside of her and is linked with the Coralians. Truth seems to want to alter the timeline in a certain fashion, perhaps in accordance with some idea of the guy that adopted him; since he is helping/using Naru, he probably wants to achieve something different than the (other?) Secrets claim to be attempting to.

Eureka wants Ao to destroy the Scub Coral and not fight Secrets, presumably so that the alterations in the timeline caused by the Scub Coral would be "erased". Eureka is apparently trapped between dimensions, but can manage some contact between them. Naru opposes that, as she has Scub Coral growing inside of her and is linked with the Coralians. Truth seems to want to alter the timeline in a certain fashion, perhaps in accordance with some idea of the guy that adopted him; since he is helping/using Naru, he probably wants to achieve something different than the (other?) Secrets claim to be attempting to.
    That first part clears up a LOT actually.

What about Elena though? Her character has gone from happy-go-lucky otaku to someone who murdered another person and stole her identity, with absolutely no reasoning why.
    My Anime List

Oh I just remember something for the last episode. Apparently Generation Blue has a ****ing Panty & Stocking style anime?! And Elena has time to write it? Is that because Ao fired the Time-altering-whatsit Gun or is that just something not mentioned before?

Oh I just remember something for the last episode. Apparently Generation Blue has a ****ing Panty & Stocking style anime?! And Elena has time to write it? Is that because Ao fired the Time-altering-whatsit Gun or is that just something not mentioned before?
    It's because Ao's is the gun that pierced timelines.
    My Anime List

I'm going to take a guess and say that you meant to say "wasn't all that great at explaining itself." That's just going off on how the sentence was formed, and from what you bolded in my comment.

I do agree, the first Eureka Seven did keep the viewers in the dark with a lot of things. For most of the first half Eureka's identity was unknown, how Nirvash and the Amita Drive worked weren't explained right away, and who knew what was up with Anemone? But a lot of basic things were clear as well. You knew who was fighting for peace and who was fighting for selfish gain. You knew most of the characters motives and desires were except for those key few who were shrouded in mystery.

In AO I don't feel much attachment to the fights anymore because I'm not sure what the characters want. AO wants to see Naru and his mother again but they keep disappearing so he's left as Generation Blue's lackey. Elena's doing God knows what. Naru wants peace but steals Nirvash and keeps disappearing. Truth looks like he has Secret powers but Eureka and Naru said that Secrets aren't the enemy and he might be part human I don't even know anymore. He wants to **** stuff up I guess.

I also agree that if this show needs another season. Or needed one. Just more time to get things straight and maybe have a soccer episode or something.
    Yeah, I wasn't that great at explaining myself before . What I meant to say was "While I do agree with you on the most part. The last series wasn't all that great at explaining itself either. To be honest, while I do like Eureka Seven and it does have it problems but then again I can't expect it to be perfect. I will keep watching AO to see it does improve. Though I want this to get another season." However I do agree with this post.
    Last edited by Izanagi; 1st September 2012 at 11:41 AM.

3DS XL Friend Code: 2036-7872-1965
    .: DA | Tumblr | MAL :.

Okay the new episode's out, they went with a full blown Kyuubey reference this time.

So, Elena MURDERED SOMEONE AND NO ONE CARES!!!! Makes sense.
    This finally gets addressed, well more that it gets mentioned and they don't really deal with it. Elena kinda snaps and goes "I MURDERED SOMEONE BUT NO ONE IS EVEN ASKING ABOUT IT! WTF?!" And Fleur just slaps her. Then she gets slapped back which was kinda funny. Later Fleur says she didn't bother to ask her because she's her friend and she thought she didn't want her to ask. I repeat, she didn't ask why Elena murdered someone because she's her friend and she thought she didn't want her to ask.

Then they go and get Ao back since he ran away and was depressed Shinji Ikari style.

Spoiler:- wat:

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast