Page 44 of 48 FirstFirst ... 34404142434445464748 LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 1178

Thread: Team Plasma and Pierce to potentially return?

It doesn't take some spectacular 'inside person' to guess that something was happening before the league, when at the time they had most likely got the word about a Meloetta popping up in Virbank..
    Last edited by ShinyCharyZard; 18th November 2012 at 7:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by knux-the-killer View Post
    But there's a problem: this anime disappointed too many times. It's more reasonable to expect the worst.
    So true. Better expect the worst than the best. In that way, if something good happens, you will be twice as pleased.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

Id say Looker promise for a return may end up having the same situation for Misty coming to Sinnoh but not needing up.
    Confirmed Generation VI:

Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie, Xerneas, Yveltal, Sylveon, Pancham, Fletchling, Helioptile, Gogoat, Noivern, Vivillon, Talonflame, Skrelp, Clauncher, Spewpa, Scatterbug, Litleo, Flabébé, Honedge, Pangoro, Inkay, Malamar, Spritzee, Swirlix, Skiddo, Bunnelby, Dedenne, Furfrou, Quilladin, Braixen, Frogadier, Tyrunt, Amaura, Meowstic, Pyroar, Aurorus, Tyrantrum, Doublade

Quote Originally Posted by Chomper4 View Post
    Id say Looker promise for a return may end up having the same situation for Misty coming to Sinnoh but not needing up.
    What? His voice actor confirmed he'll be recording an episode for Looker and that Looker will appear in January or Februray. This is not a Misty situation where Misty was mentioned by Ash. And besides, there was never a promise that Misty will return in DP.

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    Omg the GS Ball stuff was entirely different. I'm not saying the episodes will air or that TP is returning, but if Looker is returning then TP most likely will return. The unaired episodes aren't banned so they still can air them and before the episodes where Looker returns is the best time to do so.
    Looker and Team Plasma could appear, but that doesn't mean that the banned episodes are going to air. And yeah, as far as I know they're banned. It's been more than a year since they were supposed to air and it's obvious that the network didn't want to air them for whatever reason. However, I do believe it would save the studio a lot of time and money to just show the banned episodes where Team Plasma and Looker appear instead of writing and producing brand-new ones, but that may not be their way of thinking.

I've never kept up with this thread. But I guess I might just now. LOOKER IS APPEARING AGAIN!?

Currently writing: The Missing Link!
    Chapters posted: 10
    Please read and review. I'll be eternally grateful.

Maybe Looker gets word on a new organization(Generation VI villains), that may be it.
    Confirmed Generation VI:

Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie, Xerneas, Yveltal, Sylveon, Pancham, Fletchling, Helioptile, Gogoat, Noivern, Vivillon, Talonflame, Skrelp, Clauncher, Spewpa, Scatterbug, Litleo, Flabébé, Honedge, Pangoro, Inkay, Malamar, Spritzee, Swirlix, Skiddo, Bunnelby, Dedenne, Furfrou, Quilladin, Braixen, Frogadier, Tyrunt, Amaura, Meowstic, Pyroar, Aurorus, Tyrantrum, Doublade

Maybe Looker gets word on a new organization(Generation VI villains), that may be it.
    But Generation 6 hasn't even been announced yet and the earliest we could get Generation 6 is Fall 2013. Looker is appearing months before that. Look, Chomper, we know that you have been preaching that Plasma has been banned on almost every page on here but that doesn't mean you have to come up with bogus reasons as to why Looker is there only to try and prove you were right all along.

Why would Looker get information on Generation 6's villainous team a year or two before they'll actually be introduced? This is a serious question by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by stanleysmith View Post
    I've never kept up with this thread. But I guess I might just now. LOOKER IS APPEARING AGAIN!?
    Yeah his seiyuu tweeted that he would be returning soon. Although as I mentioned before, things could easily change and his role could be scrapped.
    Last edited by Lorde; 18th November 2012 at 9:45 PM.

You know, I'm thinking Plasma were just going to be a once-off thing to get the "have games' villainous team appear in the anime" box checked. If they were supposed to be a part of the actual plot, then why give Rocket so many stories? They're not traditional Rocket stories either, they're the kind of stories that Galactic had. Even leading up to the skipped episodes, the focus was entirely on Team Rocket with absolutely no reference to Plasma. Team Rocket's story managed to go on fine without Plasma, so I don't think they really care if we see them or not.

So on those grounds Plasma is under no obligation to appear anywhere. Though it does raise the question of what is Looker doing in Unova when the main threat (Team Rocket) isn't there any more.

Quote Originally Posted by SlimeStack View Post
    You know, I'm thinking Plasma were just going to be a once-off thing to get the "have games' villainous team appear in the anime" box checked. If they were supposed to be a part of the actual plot, then why give Rocket so many stories? They're not traditional Rocket stories either, they're the kind of stories that Galactic had. Even leading up to the skipped episodes, the focus was entirely on Team Rocket with absolutely no reference to Plasma. Team Rocket's story managed to go on fine without Plasma, so I don't think they really care if we see them or not.

So on those grounds Plasma is under no obligation to appear anywhere. Though it does raise the question of what is Looker doing in Unova when the main threat (Team Rocket) isn't there any more.
    Well, they were somewhat referencedc before the postponed episodes because Giovanni mentioned another evil organization in Unova. But I think the reaon TR had such an increase role is because the writers wanted to write them off the show and since they knew BW was going to be a 3 year saga, they figured, they'd allow TR to be in the spotlight until right before the Unova League and Team Plasma would come in right after.

Looker is back to help Iris search for her lost Axew again. Detective Cilan also joins in the quest, and this episode could be treated as a filler without main events.

Imagine that kind of trolling from the writers XD. Actually, i can see atleast Cilan's Detective persona appearing in his episode.

@Pokemaniac, the TR promotion was pure marketing to think that his final Unova mission will be the last that we see of them in all these years.

Recently, there's three instances in BW where the writers tend to promote something that won't happen at the end (and not for any external factor).

1. The Meowth's arc. Promoted to think that Meowth goes to the twerps for the rest of the saga.
    2. Dawn's return: Promoted to think that she's going to stay all the Season 2 (The trick was thinking that @DiamondClass thought then).*
    3. Team Rocket's Project Tempest: Promoted to think that TR are already leaving the show.

*I think that a past character won't return to the anime unless special circunstances happened to cause the return. But remember, Main characters returning to being main characters again although they leave already is possibly one of the most powerful method to cause "shock" in the franchise. In fact, could be the most powerful tool that the writers have.

Remember, if a main character "fully returns" into the anime, they have this missions for it: Promotion, hype and money.

The Team Rocket finale is the same than the other two, with the difference that they actually have an abscene between-in like I predicted.

Quote Originally Posted by fer92 View Post
    @Pokemaniac, the TR promotion was pure marketing to think that his final Unova mission will be the last that we see of them in all these years.

Recently, there's three instances in BW where the writers tend to promote something that won't happen at the end (and not for any external factor).

1. The Meowth's arc. Promoted to think that Meowth goes to the twerps for the rest of the saga.
    2. Dawn's return: Promoted to think that she's going to stay all the Season 2 (The trick was thinking that @DiamondClass thought then).*
    3. Team Rocket's Project Tempest: Promoted to think that TR are already leaving the show.

*I think that a past character won't return to the anime unless special circunstances happened to cause the return. But remember, Main characters returning to being main characters again although they leave already is possibly one of the most powerful method to cause "shock" in the franchise. In fact, could be the most powerful tool that the writers have.

Remember, if a main character "fully returns" into the anime, they have this missions for it: Promotion, hype and money.

The Team Rocket finale is the same than the other two, with the difference that they actually have an abscene between-in like I predicted.
    Where's your source that Tempest was just marketing? Please link it to me. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bisharp View Post
    Looker is back to help Iris search for her lost Axew again. Detective Cilan also joins in the quest, and this episode could be treated as a filler without main events.

Imagine that kind of trolling from the writers XD. Actually, i can see atleast Cilan's Detective persona appearing in his episode.
    You know, I never thought of it that way. Cilan can be in detective connoisseur mode, but his possibilities are all disproven by Looker.
    Confirmed Generation VI:

You know, I never thought of it that way. Cilan can be in detective connoisseur mode, but his possibilities are all disproven by Looker.
    You do know Bisharp was kidding right? XD

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    This is not a Misty situation where Misty was mentioned by Ash. And besides, there was never a promise that Misty will return in DP.
    There sort of was, which is what that entire tangent was about.
    People got it wrong, though - what happened is that Mayumi Iizuka had mentioned she had done a recording as Kasumi for an upcoming Pokemon episode. And she had. And it aired, and she was in it. It's just that this was a special episode all the international fans didn't even hear about the existance of, so they kept waiting for a Kasumi appearance, and apparently eventually wrote Iizuka's claim off as a lie.

And now this miunderstanding is getting dragged up again as "supporting evidence" that Masaki Terosoma might've just lied in this recent tweet, even though it doesn't support that at all, and the implication that a voice actor would just lie like that is plain crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dephender View Post
    There sort of was, which is what that entire tangent was about.
    People got it wrong, though - what happened is that Mayumi Iizuka had mentioned she had done a recording as Kasumi for an upcoming Pokemon episode. And she had. And it aired, and she was in it. It's just that this was a special episode all the international fans didn't even hear about the existance of, so they kept waiting for a Kasumi appearance, and apparently eventually wrote Iizuka's claim off as a lie.

And now this miunderstanding is getting dragged up again as "supporting evidence" that Masaki Terosoma might've just lied in this recent tweet, even though it doesn't support that at all, and the implication that a voice actor would just lie like that is plain crazy.
    Thanks for clearing that up, Dephender. That's interesting. I was under the impression that people thought Misty would appear because of the Misty Lure. I did not know about that special episode aired.

And yeah, I agree. I highly doubt it was a lie and I don't know why people would even think it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Dephender View Post
    Did someone actually claim that he was lying? Because I don't recall seeing anything like that. I personally questioned where the information was obtained from, then I said that he probably did record a few lines as Looker, but that his role might get scrapped at the last minute. Everyone else's replies have been similar. I don't think anyone would accuse a seiyuu of telling a flat-out lie. The only thing I'm questioning now is the person who was quoted in the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    Thanks for clearing that up, Dephender. That's interesting. I was under the impression that people thought Misty would appear because of the Misty Lure. I did not know about that special episode aired.
    The "special" episode was just a trivia segment that aired in Japan in 2007. There was no new animation obviously, it was just clips of old episodes with Misty's VA narrating them.

As usual some fanboys get carried away everytime a minor Misty reference is thrown into the series and assume she's appearing.

It happened with the Misty lure twice, (remember it first appeared in Battle Frontier before DP), then Misty's photo on Brock's pictures of the older cast on the wall in his house. Ironically enough the same pictures also show May, Max and Dawn...and people chose to only signal out Misty for some reason.

Funny how Brock got two flashbacks in BW and most people didn't take it as a hint for him appearing, yet if there were two flashbacks of Misty people would have made a big deal out of it. Its just the way fans let their own personal bias overtake common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    As usual some fanboys get carried away everytime a minor Misty reference is thrown into the series and assume she's appearing.
    To be fair, the way Misty's seiyuu revealed that information really made it sound like Misty was going to come back for a cameo. The blame for the whole mess lies with her seiyuu, not the fans. Any other fanbase would have reacted the same way in that situation if their beloved characters' seiyuu had made a similar comment; I'd bet even you would have had the same reaction as those Misty fans if KAORI had made a similar comment about your favorite character. #clapback

Anyway, it seems I was mistaken and Looker may have a role in the future after all. But the way people are talking now, I can't help but feel that his role might be really small. I mean what's stopping the anime staff from holding another special episode where a character (in this case, Looker) does a voice over or something?

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th Kira View Post
    To be fair, the way Misty's seiyuu revealed that information really made it sound like Misty was going to come back for a cameo. The blame for the whole mess lies with her seiyuu, not the fans. Any other fanbase would have reacted the same way in that situation if their beloved characters' seiyuu had made a similar comment; I'd bet even you would have had the same reaction as those Misty fans if KAORI had made a similar comment about your favorite character. #clapback
    If I remember correctly many people who understood Japanese directly posted on the forums at the time all the way back in 2007 that it was for a trivia segment, not an episode. So we had people informed letting people know on the forums.

Some pople just chose to ignore it for some reason, claiming the VA couldn't possibly be talking about some silly clip show. Hell I remember we were as late as 2010, DP's final year, and people were still claiming Misty's VA confirmed she was getting a DP appearance. I find it hard to believe people were so desperate they clung to something for nearly 4 years...

Omg seriously who went and started him off again? Now we've gotta deal with all this -.-

So.. that Looker is something, eh?

Seems like there are many possible reasons why Looker may be coming if this is true.
    Confirmed Generation VI:

Seems like there are many possible reasons why Looker may be coming if this is true.
    Yeah, what realistic reason?

Team Rocket is not coming back 15 episodes after leaving. Team Whoever that's going to be in Gen 6 is not appearing. So what's your realistic list of "many possible reasons?"

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Page 44 of 48 FirstFirst ... 34404142434445464748 LastLast