Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Regarding Roaming Articuno

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Auburn
    Posts
    1,688

    Default Regarding Roaming Articuno

    How do I set it free and hat is the best way to hunt for a good Natured Articuno on Platinum?

    I didn't see a Help thread.
    Last edited by pit-fall; 16th April 2012 at 11:19 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    442

    Default

    1- Once you have National Dex and Pal Park, talk to Oak on Eterna City, which triggers the 3 birds.
    2-Save in front of Oak before you talk to him, proceed to capture Articuno, then check its Nature and soft reset if not satisfied. Alternatively, you can always abuse RNG if you're into that kind of stuff.

    What's that? What'sthatwhat'sthatwhat'sthatwhat'sthatwhat'sthat what'sthatwhat'sthat?

    AS: Sceptile, Sableye, Flygon (?), Relicanth, Muk, Girafarig

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Auburn
    Posts
    1,688

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mav-san View Post
    1- Once you have National Dex and Pal Park, talk to Oak on Eterna City, which triggers the 3 birds.
    2-Save in front of Oak before you talk to him, proceed to capture Articuno, then check its Nature and soft reset if not satisfied. Alternatively, you can always abuse RNG if you're into that kind of stuff.
    I'm saying, what's the best way to find Articuno, hunt it capture it, etc. I plan on SRing. What is RNG tho?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pit-fall View Post
    I'm saying, what's the best way to find Articuno, hunt it capture it, etc. I plan on SRing. What is RNG tho?
    I always use the Marking Map Poketch app when catching roaming Pokemon, since the locations of roaming Pokemon can be seen on it. What I do is go to a route (I usually pick the one left of Eterna), go to that app, and see if a roaming Pokemon is on that route. If one is, I go look for it in the grass. If it isn't, I ride my bike back and forth between the route and the neighbouring route/city until a roaming Pokemon does appear on the same route as me.

    When I catch the Pokemon, I always have a Wobbuffet out as the Shadow Tag ability prevents the Pokemon from fleeing. Then I just spam balls until it catches.

    Oh, and this explains RNG.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Auburn
    Posts
    1,688

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle View Post
    I always use the Marking Map Poketch app when catching roaming Pokemon, since the locations of roaming Pokemon can be seen on it. What I do is go to a route (I usually pick the one left of Eterna), go to that app, and see if a roaming Pokemon is on that route. If one is, I go look for it in the grass. If it isn't, I ride my bike back and forth between the route and the neighbouring route/city until a roaming Pokemon does appear on the same route as me.

    When I catch the Pokemon, I always have a Wobbuffet out as the Shadow Tag ability prevents the Pokemon from fleeing. Then I just spam balls until it catches.

    Oh, and this explains RNG.
    Thanks, this is just the help I needed. And RNG sounds really cool, now if I could just find a shiny lol.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •