Page 68 of 103 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278 ... LastLast
Results 1,676 to 1,700 of 2563

Thread: Share your feelings

screw it. i'm not even going to try to figure it out anymore, i'm just gonna go with the flow.
    Es so Einfach wie Eins, Zwei, Drei.

Quote Originally Posted by The renegade View Post
    Like I said, asian families tend to drop the chinese parenting style outside of their homeland. Im not entirely sure why
    It's either that they either have an extremely lenient parenting style or that they're extraordinarily strict. From what I've seen, there's absolutely no in-between. :/

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

True, though I imagine that that is irrelevant at this point considering that chinese parenting(thats the term for it apparently) is already a part of chinese culture, though as far as Im aware it tends to be ignored outside of china.

Like I said, asian families tend to drop the chinese parenting style outside of their homeland. Im not entirely sure why
    Really? First time I've ever heard of that hypothesis. I know a lot of other Asians who live around here who still have to live and work under the thumb of their parents.

Why have these people never heard of google
    God knows. At least it's died down fairly moderately though.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    Really? First time I've ever heard of that hypothesis. I know a lot of other Asians who live around here who still have to live and work under the thumb of their parents.
    I think that the trend between family history (in terms of family stability, career, and financial status, among others) and parenting style is more accurate than the trend between country of residence and parenting style.

Still feeling sick. To top it all off, I'm losing my good taste for food. Great, quite a whammy for me now...

Things are going well for me, finished my big exam so now I have time to play Pokemon Black 2, and Dragonball Budokai Tenkaichi 3!!
    Caught the flu though, so even stevens.

Fc: 3695-0172-1881

Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by TherianForm View Post
    Things are going well for me, finished my big exam so now I have time to play Pokemon Black 2, and Dragonball Budokai Tenkaichi 3!!
    Well about damn time an Audino uses her heal pulse huh? Good luck mate and by the way, awesome choice with that DBZ game. Too bad about the Wii's poor internet connection.

I am doing okay, my favourite football team won 4-0 this weekend and are in second place in the league. I won 2 out of 3 wifi battles with my fire pokémon team, tomorrow i start as a trainee and next week friday i have an important exam. Though i am pretty sure i will succeed, my first four exams went pretty good. Three times an 8/10 and one time a 10/10 perfect score. So as Dawn would say in this situation: no need to worry.
    "You need stomping. And I'm a Stomptologist."

"Trust me, any problem comes up, I'll stomp it into next week! I'll Bowserize it!"

"Count Bleck, Floro Sapiens, whatever... Stomping fools is my business! Show me a fool, and I'll stomp it! I don't even need a reason!"

Quote Originally Posted by TherianForm View Post
    Every good thing has its bad thing to replace it, huh? ):

In any case, I hope you feel better soon!

I was happy and enjoyed my week off from school cause of the hurricane, now I'm sad again

FC: 4699-6505-4258

IGN: Diva

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    I was happy and enjoyed my week off from school cause of the hurricane, now I'm sad again
    I've never heard anyone say that they were happy to miss school because of a hurricane... but then again, you're the only person that I've seen say that in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    I've never heard anyone say that they were happy to miss school because of a hurricane... but then again, you're the only person that I've seen say that in the first place.
    Well wouldn't you be happy to miss school? :P

Im not feeling well today.Some kids at school get on my nerves and ugh...I haven't talk to anyone in days
    Shiny Count: 50

Thanks Eeveelover824 for the animated banner!

Thanks Fairywitch for the button!

I am mad because there was a group on my skype and I was kicked out for a stupid reason. And then we had a vote, I won to stay in the group but he couldn't live with that... He flipped a coin and it landed on the one for me to stay in and I know it! But he said I was to be kicked out and I am mad at him...

"Every night I used to pray that I'd find my people -
    And finally I did - on the open road."

I guess, yeah, due to like a holiday or something. But due to something that has the force and power to destroy everything that is in its way? No thanks!

Well, then you'll have an extra week of school to catch up. And your summer vacation will be a week shorter. Enjoy 8D!

I'm not that mean.

I'm really, really bored right now. I'm not really in the mood to draw, but when I watch a Let's Play, I have to draw, and I don't know what to draw. And as much as I want to write, I don't have the motivation to write right now. And I don't have homework today. And nothing good's on today, so I have nothing else to do, at least not until 8:30. Even then, I have nothing to do.

Gee, I liked saying "and" here.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Well, then you'll have an extra week of school to catch up. And your summer vacation will be a week shorter. Enjoy 8D!

I'm not that mean.
    You know, I never really thought about how summer vacation would be a week shorter. Hmm.

I'm really, really bored right now. I'm not really in the mood to draw, but when I watch a Let's Play, I have to draw, and I don't know what to draw. And as much as I want to write, I don't have the motivation to write right now. And I don't have homework today. And nothing good's on today, so I have nothing else to do, at least not until 8:30. Even then, I have nothing to do. .
    Wait, you draw when you watch a Let's Play? Don't you just watch the video? :P

I guess, yeah, due to like a holiday or something. But due to something that has the force and power to destroy everything that is in its way? No thanks!
    hahaha you make it sound like the world is going to end or something XD

i guess i'm so happy go lucky about it was because I didn't get affected by the hurricane at all, actually most of new York was fine, it was mostly new Jersey that took the hit :/

I'm not that mean.
    ...Please tell me you are joking? You're joking right? There is no way they would do that. I mean its not even our fault a hurricane came so why punish us by taking away some of our vacation >:|

I kinda expected to get more work when I came back today(and I did) but To shorten our summer vacation is just plain despicable.
    Last edited by cascadethewarrior; 6th November 2012 at 2:13 AM.

...Please tell me you are joking? You're joking right? There is no way they would do that. I mean its not even our fault a hurricane came so why punish us by taking away some of our vacation >
    I don't know about where you live, but here in CA, schools are required to instruct for a certain amount of days. If a tsunami or earthquake were to subtract from that number of days, assuming the school is still running, they would have to make up for the natural disaster at the end of the year. ):

I really like this girl but don't know what to do...

"Every night I used to pray that I'd find my people -
    And finally I did - on the open road."

I don't know about where you live, but here in CA, schools are required to instruct for a certain amount of days. If a tsunami or earthquake were to subtract from that number of days, assuming the school is still running, they would have to make up for the natural disaster at the end of the year. ):
    The system is messed up, I can understand if someone skipped school and has to make up for something but a natural disaster? Something which we have NO control over and they are taking away our precious summer vacation!? FML! I live in New York btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Chili View Post
    I really like this girl but don't know what to do...
    Like a show I used to watch(Dont remember the name lol) always told me, nothing ventured nothing gained! Try speaking to her. Unless of course she is dating someone already, then don't bother.
    Last edited by cascadethewarrior; 6th November 2012 at 2:30 AM.

The system is messed up, I can understand if someone skipped school and has to make up for something but a natural disaster? Something which we have NO control over and they are taking away our precious summer vacation!? FML! I live in New York btw.
    Well, that law is ultimately for the benefit of the students.

It's like snow days, where students could possibly miss an entire month's worth of school due to "something they couldn't control". I'm sure it'd be much better in the long run if students were required to make up a month's (or at least, a fraction thereof) worth of work.

Well, that law is ultimately for the benefit of the students.

It's like snow days, where students could possibly miss an entire month's worth of school due to "something they couldn't control". I'm sure it'd be much better in the long run if students were required to make up a month's (or at least, a fraction thereof) worth of work.
    Wait is this a new law or has this been around awhile? because I don't think I've ever heard or seen it before till I read it today. I guess its the "best" for us but I still don't like it >_>

Wait is this a new law or has this been around awhile? because I don't think I've ever heard or seen it before till I read it today. I guess its the "best" for us but I still don't like it >_>
    At least in California, it's been around for quite awhile. I'd imagine that NY would have it too, since it's like one of the leading states in terms of education.

Wait, you draw when you watch a Let's Play? Don't you just watch the video? :P
    I do both, really. The first time around, I watch it, but from the second time-onwards, I do something else while I listen to the person's commentary. My favorite Let's Player is Chuggaaconroy, and I like his voice.

It's been around for a long time, far as I know. I believe this is more of a state law than federal, but I'm not sure about that. I just know that all schools in the U.S. do something like this. Of course, since summer vacation has been slowly getting shorter...
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

I do both, really. The first time around, I watch it, but from the second time-onwards, I do something else while I listen to the person's commentary. My favorite Let's Player is Chuggaaconroy, and I like his voice.
    One of my favorite LPers would have to be StephenPlays. He knows Chuggaaconroy in real life, but Chuggaa isn't how I got to get acquainted to his videos. To be fair, though, I only watch Stephen's LeafGreen LP, but still. :P
    And I sent him a letter, too.

It's been around for a long time, far as I know. I believe this is more of a state law than federal, but I'm not sure about that. I just know that all schools in the U.S. do something like this. Of course, since summer vacation has been slowly getting shorter...
    The reason why summer vacation has gotten shorter (at least for my school) is because my school just has random days off, which I really like. (:

Page 68 of 103 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278 ... LastLast