Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Uncommon Shippings Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Bulbasaur View Post
    Which shipping do you feel is severely underrated and why?

It's Iris x Trip. There's barely anything for it whatsoever but I think this pairing is really cute. And Cilan x Burgundy because nobody seems to like Burgundy so they go with Cilan x Iris or Cilan x Ash. It's rather annoying. Not that I hate those pairings, it's just that some are extremly overused.
    I agree that neither ship seems to be all that popular, at least not here anyway. Iris and Trip don't really interact all that much, though it draws parallels from IkariShipping so I thought it'd have more support than it does. And I feel like Burgundy being mostly a foil to Cilan is what keeps their ship from being more popular. Like if she respected him more openly or something people would like it more. It's like ContestShipping, just a little more antagonistic due to how obsessive Burgundy is.

I'd say that GymShipping (Brock x Misty) has been somewhat underrated, especially given the popularity of OrangeShipping. I always thought it was an interesting thing to think about, and I liked how Misty was always dragging Brock away from other girls. Plus he's probably the person that Misty would trust most, other than Ash that is. I'm sure they have support but I don't feel like it's really mentioned as much when you think about possible ships.
    Last edited by gohan5; 4th July 2012 at 1:10 AM.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Bulbasaur View Post

It's Iris x Trip. There's barely anything for it whatsoever but I think this pairing is really cute.
    I agree. I find it really underrated. I don't support it, but gosh, it shocks me given how popular Ikarishipping was. ^^; The bad thing is with minimal fanart/fanfiction it's hard to get into and support. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Irisboy

I'd say that GymShipping (Brock x Misty) has been somewhat overrated, especially given the popularity of OrangeShipping.
    Overrated? xD

I think all of the Brock shippings are kind of underrated. :/ Is Orangeshipping popular? I was going to say it was underrated. ._.;
    Last edited by JennaJayfeather; 4th July 2012 at 12:07 AM.
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    Overrated? xD

I think all of the Brock shippings are kind of underrated. :/ Is Orangeshipping popular? I was going to say it was underrated. ._.;
    Sorry, I meant underrated.

Orange is arguably the next popular Misty ship after PokeShipping, at least from what I can gather. Underrated when compared to PokeShipping or other main ships, but gets more recognition than GymShipping.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

Underrated; FireRedShipping. I loved the miniature rivalry between Ash and Zoey, and their both so spunky and sporty. This couple doesn't as much love as it deserves

Big canon hit; Ash (Pokemon) and Rika (Higurashi). Crossover shipping are probably not valid, though...*sighs* stupid world.
    Last edited by Moonlight Amaryllis; 25th July 2012 at 8:26 AM.

Spoiler:- Some Things:

Haha, I came here looking to get some ideas for unusual manga-verse ships to include in my fic on here, but I should probably share my own.

I'll keep to humanXhuman simply because I tend to ship PokéXPoké (by species, not by the character protraited by one/more).

FaulkerXSilver - Definitely my oldest and still loved. Simply- they're both rather hot.
    ElesaXWhitney }
    EleseXJanine } - Just... yum. I'm a yuri-fangirls and these 3 ladies are... just yum.
    JanineXWhitney}
    ElesaXWhitneyXJani ... yeah the trio gives me such a nose-bleed I can't even describe

SkylaXWinona - Thats rather obvious why, and I'm surprised I've not (from what I've seen) never seen this pairing appear.

Think that's all the ones I have that are Uncommon
    Through the Generations
    my multiple pairings Shipping-fic.
    Currently On Hiatus and will be coming back to at some point: Gen 1, Chapter 5

AdversityShipping is the ship between Cilan's hair and Misty's scrunchy.

Let's all join hands and celebrate this momentous and memorable ship.

Quote Originally Posted by gohan5 View Post
    Sorry, I meant underrated.

Orange is arguably the next popular Misty ship after PokeShipping, at least from what I can gather. Underrated when compared to PokeShipping or other main ships, but gets more recognition than GymShipping.
    I thought Gary/Misty was pretty popular, I see tons of topics on it and it always seems to get very big. So maybe Pokeshipping, Orangeshipping than maybe Egoshipping? {Thats the name of Misty/Gary right?}

I have a question here, how popular is Unknownshipping {Ash/N}? I like it and know it has fans but.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

SaturnxCyrus is just weird... But I do sort of like it! but I still like SaturnxMars better...

I have claimed a Golbat!

Hanyū x Ash, Iris x Keiichi, Cilan x Mion. When They Cry for the world.

Im thinking Ash x Burgundy is SEVERLY underrated as well. It's not very popular at all, though I find it kinda cute. Seriously people, there is NOTHING out there for this ship. N-O-T-H-I-N-G. It's sad, really. Burgundy's a favourite of mine; why can't her with my second favourite anime character be popular? Ug!

Kolkolkolkolkol...
    Jesus loved us and he even died for our sake. Always remember that God loves you no matter who you are.†
    Proud fan of Umineko no Naku Koro ni and Higurashi no Naku Koro ni

Spoiler:- Credit:

Smile Underrated Pairings

I have many shippings that are pretty underrated in my point of view.

* Colosseumshipping- Wes and Rui
    - These two are most likely to be canon because not only they travel together alone many NPCs and other people view them as a couple. Also, Wes saved Rui from being kidnapped by a bunch of creepy Ped0philes in Phenac Town.
    Pokemon Shipper since the early 2000's!

Deviantart --> INNOCENTFATE

Two ships I feel are underrated are handymanshipping(Daisy and Tracey) they just fit when they met you saw the click if you watched it. The other is imitationshipping (Ritchie and Duplica) they are copies of two orginal characters with minnor twist I say if they ever met they'd hit it off. I thought of something while typing that is intresting so Gary wouldn't be lonely I can see posibly Melody from OI going for him. I can't think of any other non main pairs that might work. All I lnow is mostly Todd, Harley and Conway there were few others but names escape me atm make me want to ask to many questions to he nice. Zoey swings towards same gender but I can't thin of anyone for her.

I really like Energyshipping (Roark and Volkner). I think its underrated because its pretty random and they have never met in canon. But its a really cute ship, even though it only has 4 or 5 fanfics on fanfiction.net. .

Quote Originally Posted by TeamGalacticMars View Post
    SaturnxCyrus is just weird... But I do sort of like it! but I still like SaturnxMars better...
    Speaking of which, I also like Saturn x Mars. I dunno why, they just sorta... click for me. Cyrus x Mars never appealed much to me. I feel that Saturn x Mars is underrated as well.

I liked Lucas x Hilda but that never got too much love. Neither has Lucas x Mars I wished it had at least one fanart or something.

Banner made by Skiyomi

Quote Originally Posted by JetshipperKekkaishi View Post
    I liked Lucas x Hilda but that never got too much love.
    Ooh, I'm a WhiteKnightShipper as well! Glad to know that I'm not the only one out there.

Now that I've seen a few more episodes of BW (I guess only Episode 40ish), Ash/Georgia (Satoshi/Langley) sticks out to me. Don't know why or the name of it; it just seems interesting.

CyrusxCynthia I really like that one for some reason!

I have claimed a Golbat!

True it is! MarsxCyrus is just weired to me! o___o
    Quote Originally Posted by Flame Mistress View Post
    Speaking of which, I also like Saturn x Mars. I dunno why, they just sorta... click for me. Cyrus x Mars never appealed much to me. I feel that Saturn x Mars is underrated as well.

I have claimed a Golbat!

My OTP - Kansa Shippy (Lyra/Whitney) I don't see any Fics of 'em in FanFic :/

Also Xellos/Amelia from Slayers, my 3rd OTP in that show.. only read about 2 fics of 'em o_o nya~
    "It's hard enough breaking a limited edition 3DS that a girl cherished,
    but breaking her feelings like a thin layer of ice is another thing..."

Pokesilver shipping

It was going along so good until the writers chose to go with pearl instead.

I just had a random shipping idea... Maybe Cilan x Harley? It could be called GreenCookieShipping
    Friend Safari: Fighting with Meditite, Tyrogue & Sawk.
    3196-3352-8113
    Kanto villains? Why are you here?!
    Because Unova villains are too stupid to take over Unova!
    [IMG]http://i57.*******.com/2a6uxwo.jpg[/IMG]
    Sig made by me, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketToTheMoon View Post
    I just had a random shipping idea... Maybe Cilan x Harley? It could be called GreenCookieShipping
    cilan/harley has a name, actually - Cabaretshipping (:
    they would be a rather ~fabulous couple, wouldn't they?

Quote Originally Posted by izarith View Post
    More like AmbiguouslyGayShipping =p

Speaking of crack ships, I ship Tucker x Argenta. XD

Quote Originally Posted by izarith
    they would be a rather ~fabulous couple, wouldn't they?
    Indeed they would be....I didn't see them on the shippings list, oops. I feel dumb. But if they ever appeared in the same ep...Bad. Very, very bad.
    Friend Safari: Fighting with Meditite, Tyrogue & Sawk.
    3196-3352-8113
    Kanto villains? Why are you here?!
    Because Unova villains are too stupid to take over Unova!
    [IMG]http://i57.*******.com/2a6uxwo.jpg[/IMG]
    Sig made by me, unfortunately.

All of the shippings I support are uncommon (except for Saturn and Mars)

All of them I support but if I had to pick one, I'd have to go on a limb and say mindlessshipping. That one has SOO much potential beyond the normal fangirl reaction. Plus Proton deserves his own fangirl, the other male executives have too many :] (but that's my own headcanon)
    岩根雅明=♡

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast