Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Uncommon Shippings Discussion

I really like blankshipping... But I have a thing for twins I guess :P

I'm usually not a fan of twincest (or incest in general, though I admit to liking OT3 ships with twins and a third party involved), but I definitely like Ingo/Emmet. I've read some really convincing and suitably creepy fic for it that sold me on it... and it doesn't help the fanart is very stylistic and pretty a lot of the time.

SHINY RAINBOWS BECKON YOU TO THE ARTIST'S CORNER

Trainer Name: Misha
    3DS FC: 5112-3720-5938
    Friend Safari: Fighting; Pancham, Machoke, Hariyama

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserin View Post
    I'm usually not a fan of twincest (or incest in general, though I admit to liking OT3 ships with twins and a third party involved), but I definitely like Ingo/Emmet. I've read some really convincing and suitably creepy fic for it that sold me on it... and it doesn't help the fanart is very stylistic and pretty a lot of the time.
    LOL have you seen the fanart I posted in my yaoi ships thread? I don't know why but that picture is so beautiful to me. That smirk on Emett's face just gets to me.

Oh yeah, another pretty underrated one: OrangeShipping. I think they had plenty of chemistry together, especially in the special episodes, but people don't even acknowledge its existence nowadays ;A; It's such a cute shipping, too. And if they had enough potential to make the dubbers (NOT the writers) deny their love, they're definitely something.

It's such a cute shipping, too. And if they had enough potential to make the dubbers (NOT the writers) deny their love, they're definitely something.
    You know, it's funny, but I seem to have an absolutely opposite reaction to that particular line of narration than everyone else. I think it actually supports OrangeShipping because it's such an out of nowhere "Why would you protest it in the first place unless there was a reason?' line that the first time *I* heard it, I considered it a hint in OrangeShipping's favor--and a purposeful one on the dubber's parts. But I have grown suspicious of denial. Not that I am an OrangeShipper and all, but I just wanted to point out that I don't see that line as negatively as other people seem to (or blame the dubbers for it).

Oh, and while I'm here, what about CommanderShipping (Tabitha/Shelly)? I absolutely loved the atmosphere between them in the Advance anime. I watched those seasons waaaay after they aired and thought I'd come back to find a whole collection of people who liked that pair, but I really haven't seen much and that's kind of disappointing.

Which shipping do you feel is severely underrated and why?

Moss Shipping (Roark x Gardenia), maybe because there is not relationship between them during the anime or the videogames, but for me they are a nice pair.

Which two characters do you think would be an instant hit if the two met in the canon universe?
    Maybe... Chili and... Homika? :$

Hmmmm.... I think that Clumsy shipping is a pretty interesting and underrated one. It features Maylene and Barry, whom I think they can relate to each other, in the way that a lot of people look down on them as weak. In the anime Paul ruined Maylene's confidence and he kinda did the same with Barry in the anime. They could relate the same kind of pain of having people always one step ahead of them.

That and the fact that they're sort of clumsy in a way. Maylene's kinda shy at times and get's a little bit flustered while Barry is just such a comedic reckless fool. I think they would make a great couple.

Then there's the obvious Belle/Barry shipping. I don't know what it's called, but I would love to see an anime episode where Barry joins the gang and they find out in a shocking twist that Barry and Belle are cousins! Either that or one of the main characters mentions how similar they are.

There's another weird shipping that I heard of featuring Iris/Barry. What's it called again?
    Yes, Furosuto means Frost in Japanese.

I feel that SpecialJewelShipping (SilverXCrystal) is really underrated. I guess they don't really have many hints in the manga, but I like their personalities together. I don't think they'd have an "I want to kill you!" relationship like some others would. (Don't worry, I'm not pointing fingers at other ships!) Also, BlackedPearlShipping (PearlXMarley) would be pretty cute. They have no interaction at all in the manga, but I think they'd be cute because of Pearl's fiery attitude and Marley's calm demeanor. And they're both serious, so they would get along pretty well.

Which two characters do you think would be an instant hit if the two met in the canon universe?

That's a toughie...maybe Gold and Lyra. (InfluenceShipping) I think they'd be like partners in crime, or at least goof off together.

TwinleafShipping and PenguinShipping. PenguinShipping is basically canon on Kenny's side. I think this ship would have more supporters if Kenny just wasn't so bland :/

I don't know why, but I think if Drew and Dawn knew each other, BelleShipping would be a really cute ship! I need to stop shipping Dawn with everyone.

Another pairing that I would like to see is Gary/Iris. It sounds weird, I know, but I could see Iris referring to him as a kid, and I don't think Gary would take it so well with an ego like his. I think there would be some definite bickering, which would be entertaining to watch ;p

I definitely love Belleshipping (Dawn x Drew) and GuardianAngelshipping (Dawn x N)
    I've like these because of the fanart and the fanfics...I seriously need to stop reading on fanfiction...
    I think Belleshipping is hated too much..>.> and I doubt people even think about Dawn and N. I've only seen like one person who supports Dawn x N, besides me. Its a good thing that at least Belleshipping has some people who support it.

Well, LuckShipping (Brock x Lucy) doesn't have that much support. I think Brock loved Lucy more than other girls, and contrary to other girls, Lucy liked Brock back. Instead of asking for marriage or a date like he normally does, Brock asked Lucy to travel with him. But when I ask people for their opinion on this shipping, they often say Brock didn't seem to like Lucy more than other girls... I love Brock x Lucy and I think it's an awesome shipping.

OthelloShipping and Shiroshipping. Both Hilda ships that are underrated but are still growing today.

If it was in the canon universe, Othelloshipping wiuld be nice, seeing Ash and Hilda interact and bond and grow

~
    Am I the only one that ship Wally and May? They're so cute together~

I think Iris x Silver would be as good as ikarishipping if Silver appeared in a couple of episodes in the anime. Both Iris and Silver have very strong personalities with a lot of layers in their characters so if the two ever meet, I think it would be very interesting for shippers. I didn't expect Orangeshipping to me mentioned, but that's a nice ship as well because it had that innocent goofyness about it.

☆ Maya Fey: Ace Pokemon Trainer
    Carry On, BlisseyThe Other King☆
    Advancers Tumblr
    Banner by Sworn Metalhead at Dćdric Design ✠

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post

Moss Shipping (Roark x Gardenia), maybe because there is not relationship between them during the anime or the videogames, but for me they are a nice pair
    I've considered this one before! It's always been pretty cute IMO, especially since they have such coinciding interests, as well as Gardenia being a total go-getter where Roark is a little more reserved, from what I remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    OthelloShipping and Shiroshipping. Both Hilda ships that are underrated but are still growing today.

If it was in the canon universe, Othelloshipping wiuld be nice, seeing Ash and Hilda interact and bond and grow
    Hilda/Bianca is Shiroshipping, right? Because I am so down with that. I feel like, with the popular ships being largely Hilda (or Hilbert) and N with Cheren/Bianca getting put together otherwise, the other ships that could come about with the three/four of them (depending on if you include the unchosen player character in the mix or not) are pretty underrated. Granted, I do love both Isshu/FerrisWheel and DualRival, but I'd really like to see more of Cheren and Bianca with either of the protagonists. It's just... cute, you know? They're all childhood friends, so anything could happen.

I'm only going strictly from the anime (as I don't play any of the games anymore. Gen. 1)

I dunno; I just think cavaliershipping is underrated. To be honest, I can't see anyone else other than Ash (or a little bit Barry, hetero speaking) with Dawn. Gary will always be one step ahead of Ash (or better than him depending on who you ask, lol), and with the episode that Gary and Dawn met, it was cute. If anyone could make Ash jealous (in any way, not just in a romantic way), it's Gary.

I also don't know why, but I like rayshipping a lot as well. Tough to explain why. I guess they embody the whole pokemon concept of training and friends.

Kind of a crack pairing (don't know the name), Ash/Elesa intrigues me. I saw the BW episode and laughed when I thought of Brock's reaction to her jumping down to see Ash's Pikachu. Prolly the electric pairing.

Uncommon shippings huh? Boy I have a lot of those, but my uncommon pokemon crossover shipping is probably my favorite. Get ready for it:

http://www.realmofdarkness.net/dq/im...logos/j-06.jpg
    The Hero from Dragon Quest Monsters Joker is actually a young (but older than he appears in the movie with celebi).....

http://a0.twimg.com/profile_images/1...oak_normal.jpg

and I love to pair him with the lord monster from Dragon Quest Monsters Joker:

http://th09.deviantart.net/fs70/150/...99-d4q18bt.png

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/i/20...og-d4zowgu.png

To sum it up:
    Professor Samuel Oak x The Incarnus

The Greatest Pokemon Researcher of All Time and the King of Monsters in the Human Realm.
    Best. Pairing. Ever.
    Last edited by SammyGirl; 26th June 2012 at 6:44 PM.

I'm an extreme fangirl so one of my favorite pairings is HilbertxN. But, unfortunately, there aren't that many fanfictions about these two that I've read.
    [IMG]http://i54.*******.com/214a1yb.gif[/IMG]
    Pokemon X and Y
    ]

I find poisonbandshipping (Ash x Roxie/Homika) intriguing. Both were a little personal in that battle (technically, Ash's "last gym battle" in Unova), excited with each other. Roxie saying she likes Ash more and more, adding to say Ash's "burning soul" makes her heartbeats faster was a little...cheesy.
    Quote Originally Posted by deathseer View Post
    Basically any interesting idea you have when speculating about new regions invariably ends with:
    - Ash showing up in a new region with Pikachu without a clue how to do anything besides battling and breathing;
    - He accidentally runs into the new new girl who will be the main companion;
    - He meets a creepy older gentleman* who will follow him around and do the things Ash apparently is either not smart enough to do, or expects that someone will it for him.

*Averted. Now, we have a gadget maniac and his hyper-active lil' sis.
    Platinum FC - 1075 8811 5380

Quote Originally Posted by DuquĘ? View Post
    I find poisonbandshipping (Ash x Roxie/Homika) intriguing. Both were a little personal in that battle (technically, Ash's "last gym battle" in Unova), excited with each other. Roxie saying she likes Ash more and more, adding to say Ash's "burning soul" makes her heartbeats faster was a little...cheesy.
    ^ Huh. I won't lie but I kind of find it "intriguing" as well. Like I know there's like virtually no "hints" and w/e but somehow it just strikes my fancy....and she's been to Kanto maybe she met his mom jk.

Quote Originally Posted by MagmaGruntTéa View Post
    I'm an extreme fangirl so one of my favorite pairings is HilbertxN. But, unfortunately, there aren't that many fanfictions about these two that I've read.
    =O You could read Ferriswheelshipping fics and change the name. xD I like both of the hero/ine x N ships equally and it [Touya x N] began to interest me more lately. xD

I think Lenora x Hawes needs more love...it's canon. I'd love for a story of how they met and stuff. ;-; It could be really cute.
    Last edited by JennaJayfeather; 27th June 2012 at 5:34 AM.

“...This is a tricky problem, huh. I really, really want to see the other Heroes... and if it works out, I want to make friends with them! If I made friends with six Heroes, I’d be an awesome mage! We could even conquer the world!”
    -Flatt Escardos, Fate Strange Fake
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204
    tumblr|fanfiction

Quote Originally Posted by MagmaGruntTéa View Post
    It's definitely less common in the Western fandom, but it's equally as popular if not moreso than Hilda/N in Japan. Although, I want to say they're equal in the West too, just that Hilbert/N gets less fanwork than its het counterpart...

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    I think Lenora x Hawes needs more love...it's canon. I'd love for a story of how they met and stuff. ;-; It could be really cute.
    Yes, yes, yes, please this. I almost want to write this myself now... oh man. Lenora/Hawes being uncommon doesn't surprise me, since most of the popular stuff consists of younger and "prettier" characters (though damn, I'd be willing to say Lenora's got it going on too), but it's really sweet and adorable, and you can tell they are just really in love with each other. Married couples need love too!!

Here are my fave Pokemon & Sonic crossover shippings which I came up with and are obviously underrated! As far as I know, absolutely NO fanart exists for these special friendships !

NuvemaHillShipping (Hilda & Sonic).
    ChaosEmeraldShipping (Mei & Sonic).
    DarkHallMatronShipping (Argenta & Shadow).

Crossover shippings like mine need some love, too !
    [CENTER]Credit for the awesome banner goes to emerald on the PokemonNewsDaily Forums.

I am actually a guy, even though I have a girl as my avatar!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Robotnik
    SnooPING AS usual I see?!

My claims:Hilda (Video game character), Rosa/Mei and Yancy/Ruri (Bishies) & Sonic 2 (Video game)!

Well, I accidentally got out of this post, so forgive me for lack of any useful information.

I probably shouldn't post this since I'm fairly certain most Colosseum fans don't ship the first one and no one really cares about the other one, but its worth a shot.

I ship GonzapxWes and FollyxTrudly (I don't know official names for them since I don't really keep up with too many Pokemon ships-too many names to remember.) Which are really uncommon since, well, just about any Colosseum ship is uncommon.
    Well, Gonzap and Wes were obviously close (generally seen as father-son relationship, though) before Wes' little rebellion. I just think that they make a cute pairing in my odd mindset. I haven't played the game in ages, though, so I can't recall specific scenes.
    I really do feel that GonzapxWes is really underrated. (Maybe if Gonzap was pretty it would have more fans?) They have a lot of history together as Wes was a part of Gonzap's team and, from what can be made from the game, most likely a decently ranking member of said team. This means that they most likely spent at least a little bit of team with one another (most likely more due to the father-son bond thing) so they had a lot of time to get to know one another. Plus, just about any ship from this game that isn't WesxRui gets no love. (That ship doesn't got a whole lot of love either, but at least gets a little.)
    As for the other, Folly and Trudly are almost always together. You can't really have one without the other.

I ship more uncommon pairings than these two, but I would have to guess that these are the most uncommon of the ones that I do ship.

My Shiny Pokemon
    Currently looking for shiny/flawless or shiny flawless:
    Torkaol with stealth rock with White Smoke as its ability (Bold)
    Feebass with sleep talk (Bold)
    Pineco (Calm/Sassy)
    Trapinch (Jolly)
    I can offer shiny/shiny flawless Pokemon
    I'm also looking for two calm UT Cresselia (One with a low speed IV). It doesn't have to be shiny/flawless.
    I do not hack.

I am also looking for someone to clone a few Pokemon for me.

Please message me if you want to clone for me or want to trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonicfan9988 View Post
    Here are my fave Pokemon & Sonic crossover shippings which I came up with and are obviously underrated! As far as I know, absolutely NO fanart exists for these special friendships !

NuvemaHillShipping (Hilda & Sonic).
    ChaosEmeraldShipping (Mei & Sonic).
    DarkHallMatronShipping (Argenta & Shadow).

Crossover shippings like mine need some love, too !
    I agree....crossover pairings are underrated and overlooked. Probably because they are crossovers and nobody ever thinks of them. And when people do come up with crossover pairings, they get looked at like they're weird.

Or else they get completely ignored or trampled over by more common pairings.

I find I have the same trouble with shipping Samuel Oak x The Incarnus.

There IS no fanbase except for me.... Which, when you really like a pairing is very disappointing. So trust me... I feel your pain.

It's Iris x Trip. There's barely anything for it whatsoever but I think this pairing is really cute. And Cilan x Burgundy because nobody seems to like Burgundy so they go with Cilan x Iris or Cilan x Ash. It's rather annoying. Not that I hate those pairings, it's just that some are extremly overused.

...well, I can't think of any that cross with Pokemon, I always cross with When They Cry. And I was thinking of Cilan x Mion for some incredible odd reason. Mion is very upbeat and Cilna is rather calm. It's either that or Battler x Cilan from Umineko, cuz they both beleive in science not magic. I think of Ash x Maria would be cute too...

Kolkolkolkolkol...
    Jesus loved us and he even died for our sake. Always remember that God loves you no matter who you are.†
    Proud fan of Umineko no Naku Koro ni and Higurashi no Naku Koro ni

Spoiler:- Credit:

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast