Thread: SPPf Great Britain Community

Default SPPf Great Britain Community

~THE SPPF GREAT BRITAIN COMMUNITY~

Hello, and welcome to the SPPf Great Britain Community. This club is open for all members who are either British or are living in Great Britain to discuss British stuff, meet fellow British members, and just be British in general. As well as practically everything else! This club is intended just to be a fun community for British members to hang out in, so don't take anything too serious.

But whether you like it or not...

Rules

1. All SPPf Rules Apply.
    This one should be obvious.

2. No Foul Language.
    Again, obvious.

3. No One-Liners/Spam.
    Please try to post as much as you can. Even if this is supposed to be a fun club, one-liners are pretty much spam. If you just one to say something to a specific member, PM/VM them.

4. You must be British or be living in Britain to join.
    Sorry, but there is a reason why it's called the "British Community"... so yeah. So anyone from England, Wales, Scotland and Ireland (yes, Ireland, it's technically not Britain but whatever) can join, but not someone who lives in, say, America, unless they're originally British.

5. Be Tolerant of Others.
    Basically, don't be racist/sexist, and don't flame/bash others. Britain has citizens from many different nations and cultures, so we should all be respectful for one another, no? =3

6. Have Fun.
    I will be enforcing this. Very much.

Now that we've got through all that rubbish...

How To Join

Just sign-up the form below, and you're good to go! ^_^

Sign-Up Forms
    HTML Code:
    [B][I][U]This member would like to join the SPPF Great Britain Community and is proud of that.[/U][/I][/B]
    [B]Username:[/B]
    [B]Country of Origin:[/B]
    [B]Why you want to join:[/B]
    [B]Other:[/B]
    Example of an SU Form
    This member would like to join the SPPf Great Britain Community and is proud of that.
    Username: Flame Mistress, Flame or FM for short
    Country of Origin: South Korea, but I've been living in England for five years now and my parents have just been approved of citizenship.
    Why you want to join: Well... I love England, and I think it's a really nice country, so yeah.
    Other: Please, please, PLEASE don't call me Mistress, it makes me feel old ;_;

And now we move on to...

Members
    Flame Mistress (Leader)
    meowth_city
    SneaselClaws
    Darkfire98989
    XatuGamer
    Norns

If I have accidentally missed any of you out, just PM/VM me and I'll add you on. IF you're inactive from the Community for a month, you will be removed from the list and you will have to repost your SU to rejoin.

Strike List

For every rule you break, you will be given a strike. One strike = Warning, two strikes = one week ban, three strikes = three week ban, four strikes = PERMABANNED.

The List
    No one. Keep it that way, peeps.

Discussion Topics

From every now and then, someone - possibly you - will submit a discussion topic about Britain and stuff. Every time a topic is introduced, it will be added to the Topic List. You're free to reply to any of the topics here - even if it hasn't been replied to for three months, doesn't mean that it's dead! Unless it has a specific date, of course.

The List
    2012, and we are now in drought - your opinions?
    Are you excited about the London 2012 Olympics?

...Aaaaaand that's all. Thank you for coping with my ridiculously long introduction to whoever reads this!
    Last edited by Azran Flame; 20th April 2012 at 8:22 PM.

This member would like to join the SPPF Great Britain Community and is proud of that.
    Username: meowth_city
    Country of Origin: UK
    Why you want to join: This seems like a fun group and I'm British, so why not?
    Other: I love London and it's where I have lived all my life. I plan on moving to New York in the future, but I will always have a home here.

Umm, I'm not sure what 'drought' you are refering to specifically. Are you refering to things like the recession? Job cuts, benefit cuts, property costs, rises in VAT, etc.

Not really. While it is a major event for the country, I'm not interested in the types of sports being showcased. I have always prefer the Winter Olympics over the regular Olympics if I'm being honest. Not to mention, the amount of people -mostly tourists- will make it difficult to get through the rush tour traffic on the London Underground and buses. That is already tough as it is, but then again I'm used to it. Regardless, I am intrigued as to how the Olympics will affect the population. After all, it is a big event that can't be missed especially if you're British.

Btw, that's an amusing header.
    Omega Ruby Team and Progress:

Trainer Name: Mayflower

This member would like to join the SPPF Great Britain Community and is proud of that.
    Username: SneaselClaw
    Country of Origin: UK
    Why you want to join: I came for the crumpets and tea, but I want to stick around for the discussions.
    Other: Born in Bristol but moved closer to London when I was still a toddler. Married a Northener, so I have family pretty much all over England now.

Until mid last week, I would have agreed that the drought was pretty bad. When I stopped and thought about it, we hadn't had much rain in ages, since then though, rain every day... hopefully things'll turn around in time for summer.

Kind of, along with the Queen's Jubilee I'm really hoping that these events will bring out those classic British street parties we keep seeing advertised. Since moving into my own place, I literally have no contact with the community around me, so it'd be nice to all come together to watch the games or just celebrate them. I actually work next to a huge new catering distribution centre that's recently been built purely to supply the Olympic village, not very interesting, but it's about as close to the Olympics as I'm going to get.

White FC: 0389 7992 5329 Trainer Name: Tudor

Quote Originally Posted by SneaselClaw View Post
    Until mid last week, I would have agreed that the drought was pretty bad. When I stopped and thought about it, we hadn't had much rain in ages, since then though, rain every day... hopefully things'll turn around in time for summer.
    Ohh, I see. For some reason, I didn't think you meant a literal drought. I'm so used to overthinking things, but I understand now. Coincidently enough, it rained quite heavily today here in London and I've heard reports of upcoming hail storms sweeping the country. For the most part, I think the weather is kind of on-and-off. It tends to get shift from cold and damp to hot and dry rather unexpectedly for periods of time. As a result, I don't get the sense that there is a drought in the UK (certainly not compared to other parts of the world).

Ah yeah, I almost forgot about the Queen's Diamond Jubilee. I am quite excited about that and with the Olympics happening at the same time, now is definitely the time to celebrate our good country - London is the place to be. Woot!
    Omega Ruby Team and Progress:

Trainer Name: Mayflower

Username:Darkfire98989
    Country of Origin:England
    Why you want to join:Because Britain is Baws. Nuff Said
    Other:Lived in England all my life and have never left Britain.

Oh, this got approved? Yay! Welcome, everyone! You are all now a member of the community!

@SneaselClaw and mewoth_city: Yeah, I agree, it's a bit outdated now. When I was coming back from Amsterdam last week our car got pelted by a huge hail storm =| Not to mention, some people were involved in a car accident, and they probably had to stay outside in the hail... poor them.

For the Olympics, though, our school's really got into an Olympian mood and we've done some crazy things like... there're too many to list, actually. XD

Username: XatuGamer
    Country of Origin: Britain
    Why you want to join: Because I am British.
    Other:My ancestor is Richard the Lionheart

I believe the Olympics will be a good business opportunity for Britain and shall help out the country.

Username: Norns
    Country of Origin: Britan
    Why you want to join: Im British and thats it really...
    Other: I was born in Britan and live in Britan, but practically all of my family live in Ireland
    3DS FC: 3883-4931-5047
    X IGN: Sqeen
    OR IGN: Terra

Welcome to the community, Norns and XatuGamer!

@XatuGamer: Perhaps it will bring commercial success with the tourists and new jobs and all that, but they're basically using 81 million pounds or something for the opening ceremony alone - and I guess the total cost used for the Olympics itself was billions of pounds, or more. Is it really worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by Flame Mistress View Post
    Welcome to the community, Norns and XatuGamer!

@XatuGamer: Perhaps it will bring commercial success with the tourists and new jobs and all that, but they're basically using 81 million pounds or something for the opening ceremony alone - and I guess the total cost used for the Olympics itself was billions of pounds, or more. Is it really worth it?
    That's the one thing that never fails to amaze me about england.
    The government goes on about the economic crisis, and makes heavy cuts in very important areas because "there is no other option" then they fork out billions of pounds on reasonably irrelevant things. There are more important things to be spending our money on. I know the Olympics are important and will be helpfuul to the economy, but there are toher cases where it really isnt nescessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfire98989 View Post
    That's the one thing that never fails to amaze me about england.
    The government goes on about the economic crisis, and makes heavy cuts in very important areas because "there is no other option" then they fork out billions of pounds on reasonably irrelevant things. There are more important things to be spending our money on. I know the Olympics are important and will be helpfuul to the economy, but there are toher cases where it really isnt nescessary.
    Yeah, like the NHS cuts. Seriously, isn't the healthcare more important than the Olympics?

Username: shade2000
    Country of Origin: England, a bit Irish
    Why you want to join: Cos I'm British.
    Other: Dads side of the family were part of the pilgrim fathers and went and "discovered" America

We are in drought? I knew that but wth, ever since this drought started it hasnt stopped raining!
    Last edited by Shade2000; 28th April 2012 at 9:27 AM.