Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122 LastLast

Thread: New Super Mario Bros 2 (3DS)

Quote Originally Posted by Mew2 View Post
    I actually like that about the New Super Mario Bros. games. It makes you have to pay attention to not only the enemies on screen, but also the music and the pattern. I will admit that there have been a few times where I mistimed a jump due to Koopas dancing and took damage from it. It promptly made me pay more attention and take the enemies more seriously.
    The day I hear someone taking a Goomba seriously is the day I've heard everything.

What's the level lineup people are using to get 30,000 coins in Coin Rush? The one I have gives 13,000 at most.

Quote Originally Posted by EternalSword7 View Post
    The day I hear someone taking a Goomba seriously is the day I've heard everything.

What's the level lineup people are using to get 30,000 coins in Coin Rush? The one I have gives 13,000 at most.
    The Goombas don't dance so they're no real danger at all, only in large numbers and with support from other enemies like Hammer Bros or Koopa Paratroopas. It's the Koopa Troopas, and only Koopa Troopas if I remember correctly, that dance like that and can throw off a jump. All it really requires is for me to pay attention and not get too arrogant. I've seen more than one person get faked out by the dancing Koopas and take a hit, some of them adults.
    Team Rocket will pay for their crimes.

Quote Originally Posted by EternalSword7 View Post

The first world has to be Mushroom-A. Get at least 3,325 using the trick, and then hit the top of the flagpole. Total: At least 7,500
    Next level- top of flagpole. Total: At least 15,000
    Final level. Beat the boss. Total: 30,000
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Recent Shiny: Cresselia
    Current Hunt: Regirock

Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    The first world has to be Mushroom-A. Get at least 3,325 using the trick, and then hit the top of the flagpole. Total: At least 7,500
    Next level- top of flagpole. Total: At least 15,000
    Final level. Beat the boss. Total: 30,000
    Okay, thanks for the help!

Spoiler:- Credits:

I have claimed Chance by UVERworld!

I'm personally disapointed that there was no mountain world

Spoiler:- Friend Code(s)/Trade Shop/Credit:

Quote Originally Posted by 36squid View Post
    I guess they chose to put the worlds that could offer more diversity. The mountain worlds usually didn't have much except those cliffs to climb on.
    Pokégyms

Quote Originally Posted by 36squid View Post
    I haven't played the game to completion yet. I've had only time to play through world 1. But there are mountain level (especially one at dusk). Not only that if I'm not mistaken World 6 is a combo of Sky world with Mountain world. Just like World 3 is a combo of beach and poison jungle.
    On Nov 21, 2010, I'm going on vacation. I'm going to a country to visit two friends and a grumpy oldtimer who are awaiting my return.

Quote Originally Posted by TicoPokemonMaster View Post
    I haven't played the game to completion yet. I've had only time to play through world 1. But there are mountain level (especially one at dusk). Not only that if I'm not mistaken World 6 is a combo of Sky world with Mountain world. Just like World 3 is a combo of beach and poison jungle.
    Yeah. I didn't even think of that...
    Pokégyms

Quote Originally Posted by TicoPokemonMaster View Post
    Don't remind me of the poison jungle...I hated that jumping fish with a passion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Trainer X View Post
    Don't remind me of the poison jungle...I hated that jumping fish with a passion.
    Fire is your best friend in those levels. They weren't too dickish with star coin placement when that fish was around, at least.
    Pokégyms

Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    Fire is your best friend in those levels. They weren't too dickish with star coin placement when that fish was around, at least.
    True, though it seems more...satisfying... should I happen to take him out with a shell instead.

Played the multiplayer with my little brother earlier today. Both of us hated it, it's pathetic compared to Wii's. Anyways, he's not having fun, I already 100% it, and the Coin Rush mode isn't all too interesting in my opinion (even with new levels coming soon), so both of us are going to sell our copies and put the cash towards the upcoming Pokemon titles.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

DLC for this finally announced!
    http://youtu.be/_L5-PxLj6Ig (English one coming soon)

3 packs of 3 levels. An easy one based around coins coins coins, a 5 star one that hates you, and a 3 star one that's more normal.
    10/2 for 200 yen each, so probably $2 when these come stateside

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    DLC for this finally announced!
    http://youtu.be/_L5-PxLj6Ig (English one coming soon)

3 packs of 3 levels. An easy one based around coins coins coins, a 5 star one that hates you, and a 3 star one that's more normal.
    10/2 for 200 yen each, so probably $2 when these come stateside
    I'm liking the look of those levels. There's some real challenge involved.

Though it looks good, I'm not interested at this point and still plan to sell my copy.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

So it turns out the second pack is basically a speed run pack
    There will be a high score table on the main site and will update through spot pass so you can try for the fastest/best score

Well, its a great news that Super Mario is again back in the 3DS. It used to me my best game when I was child now I have again the chance of playing the game with advancement in the game. Thanks for posting about the game here,its really interesting.

I love this game, have played all its version... can you tell me when exactly this version is going to be launched in the US... or if it is ever going to be launched in the US?

Why do I get the sneaking suspicion this thread's getting invaded by non-obvious bots?
    *shakes head*
    Ugh, anyway, I'm up to 600,000 coins now thanks to a few speed runs. I'm hoping those DLC packs are worth their weight in gold.

I've finally hit 1 million coins. You're right, R_N, it's not really that rewarding.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Trainer X View Post
    I've finally hit 1 million coins. You're right, R_N, it's not really that rewarding.
    I suspect it wasn't meant to be rewarding and more just a little sign of a milestone of super playing (like how the ultimate rewards in Mario Karts are typically a new title screen)

Something you'd get after a whole bunch of Coin Rushing for new high scores or against people you streetpass and so on

It's amazing how disenchanted I became with the game now, For a bit I was playing it religiously and now I just realise I haven't touched it in weeks. Not that there is anything wrong with it, just for some reason I lost interest.
    The most Superior Snivy. Left, good time here though. I loved this place.

Quote Originally Posted by The Joker. View Post
    It's amazing how disenchanted I became with the game now, For a bit I was playing it religiously and now I just realise I haven't touched it in weeks. Not that there is anything wrong with it, just for some reason I lost interest.
    Same here :/ I might get one of the DLC packs but otherwise, my copy of NSMB 2 will have to eat dust when I play Pokemon White 2.

Quote Originally Posted by The Joker. View Post
    Well that happens with any game. I know that sometiems I'll play a game religiously and then it just slowly fades from being played

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    Well that happens with any game. I know that sometiems I'll play a game religiously and then it just slowly fades from being played
    Indeed. However, NSMB2 served only a week's worth of entertainment for me. It's fun while it lasts, but past that short period, it's terrible.

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122 LastLast