Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122 LastLast

Thread: New Super Mario Bros 2 (3DS)

Quote Originally Posted by The Joker. View Post
    It's amazing how disenchanted I became with the game now, For a bit I was playing it religiously and now I just realise I haven't touched it in weeks. Not that there is anything wrong with it, just for some reason I lost interest.
    I'm feeling this too. I'm actually thinking about selling it, but I'm not sure yet. Or I could give it to my brother as a Christmas gift.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Current Hunt: Cresselia

Yeah, same here. Now that I've co posted the Million Coins challenge, I just suddenly didn't have any more urge to play it again.

Spoiler:- Credits:

I have claimed Chance by UVERworld!

NSMB2's DLC launches October 4th for $2.50 a pack

I think Europe (2 euros a pack) has their DLC go live today

I honestly was going to get the DLC packs at first, but now I'm kind of against it. That's too much for 3 levels.

Quote Originally Posted by EternalSword7 View Post
    I honestly was going to get the DLC packs at first, but now I'm kind of against it. That's too much for 3 levels.
    How much would be enough?

2.50's honestly not that bad, even if $2 would have been ideal

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    How much would be enough?

2.50's honestly not that bad, even if $2 would have been ideal
    $2 is the right price. Tacking on that extra 50˘ is just greedy.

ehhh 50 cents doesn't break it for me
    maybe my standards of dlc pricing are weak :V

anyway, here's a direct feed run of the Gold Rush pack: http://youtu.be/3QX1S3dH5hI
    SO MANY COINS. That first and last level specifically look like a blast to play.

Better than Apple.

Eh, I'll see what other people's grading on it is, then I might get it. But probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    NSMB2's DLC launches October 4th for $2.50 a pack

I think Europe (2 euros a pack) has their DLC go live today
    Some people have already calculated the cost of these first three set/packs at about 22 dollars. And to be honest that cash can be used to invest on another game. But I am totally interested in Nerve-Wrack Pack, and Coin challenge ( only for the online leaderboards). I might just hold off until the next set of DLC is announced then I will pick up Nerve-Wrack Pack, the coin challenge, and then next equivalent to Nerve-Wrack.
    On Nov 21, 2010, I'm going on vacation. I'm going to a country to visit two friends and a grumpy oldtimer who are awaiting my return.

Quote Originally Posted by TicoPokemonMaster View Post
    Some people have already calculated the cost of these first three set/packs at about 22 dollars. And to be honest that cash can be used to invest on another game. But I am totally interested in Nerve-Wrack Pack, and Coin challenge ( only for the online leaderboards). I might just hold off until the next set of DLC is announced then I will pick up Nerve-Wrack Pack, the coin challenge, and then next equivalent to Nerve-Wrack.
    ....it's not $22 for all three

It's $7.50

edit: Unless you're talking about ALL the packs that are lined up (these three, another three in october, another three in november). But I mean...you're not forced to buy all of them
    also that's $22 over 3 months...

The packs are out in Australia. Oh man, the 1st level with a lot of coins is easy, but the nerve wrack... I've tried over 30 times and can't even get to the third level! I can just see the look on Miyamato's face right now, laughing at all those who attempt the nerve wrack pack... Seriously, if anyone wants a pack, brace yourself for the nerve wrack pack. It's even harder than Cat Mario IMO. Well, only if you try getting all the star coins.

Update: I finally beat the nerve-wrack pack! I only collected 1057 coins though. Has anyone else beaten that pack?
    Last edited by Mighty Arceus493; 4th October 2012 at 2:24 AM.

I really want to get this game. It looks really fun. But I hope they do something different with the plot, other than the usual, "Bowser-kidnaps-Peach-but-is-saved-by-Mario-at-the-end" forumla.

^ Unlikely. Miyamoto likes the Bowser kidnapping Peach schenario. He says it's classic or something. In other words, expect more Bowser and less Fawful.

Okay. I broke down and got the gold flower pack. Collecting 30,000 coins has never been so easy. I broke the million line. (Yay me)

Okay the Reznors are the easiest mid world bosses in Mario history

Quote Originally Posted by Endoplasmic Reticulum View Post
    Okay the Reznors are the easiest mid world bosses in Mario history
    Well in all fairness, Reznors in World were easy in a similar fashion. I like to extend the battle by knocking one Reznor and riding the wheel for a bit to hit the other Reznor. It kind of adds a small challenge. But I love that Reznor came back.
    On Nov 21, 2010, I'm going on vacation. I'm going to a country to visit two friends and a grumpy oldtimer who are awaiting my return.

Well in all fairness, Reznors in World were easy in a similar fashion. I like to extend the battle by knocking one Reznor and riding the wheel for a bit to hit the other Reznor. It kind of adds a small challenge. But I love that Reznor came back.
    That's how I defeat them

I was thinking about purchasing one or two of the DLC packs, and I was surprised to find that they cost €2.50. That's $3.23. I think I'll do without them.

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    I was thinking about purchasing one or two of the DLC packs, and I was surprised to find that they cost €2.50. That's $3.23. I think I'll do without them.
    It's only $2.50 in America 8D

Quote Originally Posted by 'Pikachu' View Post
    I really want to get this game. It looks really fun. But I hope they do something different with the plot, other than the usual, "Bowser-kidnaps-Peach-but-is-saved-by-Mario-at-the-end" forumla.
    ...Christ.
    It doesn't add a challenge. It adds a jump.

Quote Originally Posted by The Joker. View Post
    It's amazing how disenchanted I became with the game now, For a bit I was playing it religiously and now I just realise I haven't touched it in weeks. Not that there is anything wrong with it, just for some reason I lost interest.
    Same here. Mostly high school, Kirby, and Black 2 have gotten in the way of it. I'll get back eventually...

Recently, I was "randomly selected from a group of group members" to take a Club Nintendo survey about the DLC packs. Did anyone else here get one?
    Want to read an epic reinactment of a series that needs more love? Click the userbar! As of 3/16/13, Chapter 50 is up!

Credit to Trickster44 for the userbar!

I haven't picked up the game in weeks either. By the looks of the thread, it looks the same for other people.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Current Hunt: Cresselia

Yeah, it pretty much died all of a sudden. The 1,000,000 coins challenge was all that kept most going.

I wonder if the DLC packs are worth trying out. Anyone here tried them yet?

I have. Here are my views. the nerve wrack pack is very difficult. It took me over 50 try's to beat it. the coin filled one is fun and great way to earn coins but doesn't provide any challenge. The middle one (forget it's name) is hard in the fact that if you want to reach the coin goal it will take you quite a bit of try's but other then that easy. So that's my input all in all decent but won't keep you entertained for more then a couple hours. If I would have to pick my fav the nerve wrack pack is definitely the best.

Has anyone tried the two new coin rush levels yet?

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122 LastLast