Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: New Super Mario Bros 2 (3DS)

Eh get 1 or 2 marios then get a Yoshi.

I need a good Yoshi 3Ds.

Quote Originally Posted by ForgottenPearl View Post

Oh, and I second ForeverFlame: let's see some mini-games, put that touchscreen to use.
    They had plenty in the original on DS, so I think there's a good chance to expect them back (the one where you were jumping in the sky was fun, whatever it was called).

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    I heard rumors about it but I never expected with Mii in development. Oh well, more Mario, the better. Still...my wallet...
    Nintendo shall drain your wallet for all it is worth...

Also, don't take NSMB Mii so literally. It was most likely just a tech demo (I've said this in a more raging manner at all of IGN's staff) for the HD capabilities of the Wii U. Chances are "Super Mario 4" is the Wii U Mario.
    3DS FC (Pokemon X): 1848-1667-7668
    Friend safari is Ice with Snorunt, Beartic, and Cloyster. Looking for Dragon safaris, safaris with Whirlipede or Espurr, and Y-exclusive Mega Stones.

Shiny Chains (D/P): Ralts, Magnemite, Beldum
    Targets: Shinx
    Shiny Chains (X/Y): None
    Targets: Clauncher/Clawitzer, Swirlix, Smeargle

Quote Originally Posted by TicoPokemonMaster View Post
    http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=175937

So this game has an August release date in Japan.

We get a flying Raccoon Mario ( I love this, but at the same time wish it was a different power up) Desert and Snow themes confirmed along with grass land and forest. And graphics are a little downgrade from the Wii edition. So any thoughts. It 1:17 am were I am so I drain,
    I thought the 3ds's graphics are meant to be superior to the wii?
    Put this in your signature if you think Ruby and Sapphire deserve remakes (started by Flare 64!)

3DS Friendcode: 5155-3755-0362
    PM me if you added me

Nintendo wants my money. BW2, NSMB2, and LM2? Take it all Ninty. Take it all.

A must get in my opinion, I've always liked super mario games.
    "Everything will be all right in the end.
    If it's not all right, then it's not the end."

Quote Originally Posted by Skydra View Post
    Also, don't take NSMB Mii so literally. It was most likely just a tech demo (I've said this in a more raging manner at all of IGN's staff) for the HD capabilities of the Wii U. Chances are "Super Mario 4" is the Wii U Mario.
    Makes sense now that you think about it.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ForgottenPearl View Post
    Back in my day, we only had one mainline Mario platformer with every system (SNES Mario World, N64 Mario 64, GCN Mario Sunshine...). And the portables got almost nothing but remakes!
    you and I must have lived on different planets because back in my day we had 3 Mario platformers on one system (Super Mario Bros 1, Super Mario Bros 2, Super Mario Bros 3), and Super Mario World 2 ( despite begining mostly Yoshi playable) was a mainline mario. and the Gameboy had Super Mario land 1 and 2. With Super Mario Land 3 being a spin off. And just recently Galaxy 1 and 2 have been main Mario games on one system
    On Nov 21, 2010, I'm going on vacation. I'm going to a country to visit two friends and a grumpy oldtimer who are awaiting my return.

This doesn't particularly thrill me. I didn't even bother finishing NSMBW after playing the DS game. I would have far preferred a 3D Land sequel than this.

Quote Originally Posted by TicoPokemonMaster View Post
    you and I must have lived on different planets because back in my day we had 3 Mario platformers on one system (Super Mario Bros 1, Super Mario Bros 2, Super Mario Bros 3), and Super Mario World 2 ( despite begining mostly Yoshi playable) was a mainline mario. and the Gameboy had Super Mario land 1 and 2. With Super Mario Land 3 being a spin off. And just recently Galaxy 1 and 2 have been main Mario games on one system
    Yes, there have been exceptions (NES, Wii). But with SNES, N64, and GCN, it was only one each. That's from 1991 to 2006. Personally, I think 15 years is a pretty big chunk of time. And with portables, the Game Boy Color and Game Boy Advance just had remakes (Color only had Mario Bros DX, if I remember right).

Oh, and I'm from Earth, and I'm pretty sure Costa Rica's there.
    ~ * My Photobucket Album * ~

Thousands of screencaps of Pokémon, Toradora!, Shugo Chara!, Clannad, K-ON!, and many other anime.
    Use them however you want!

~ * GoodSearch * ~

Search engine that donates a penny to the charity of your choosing every time you do a search. Spread the word, help the world!

Click here to read my one and only Pokemon fanfic! I hope you enjoy it!

I only post on Serebii sporadically, just so you know.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Need - Complete!

Pretty sweet. I think I'll stick to retail though, due to EB Games (Canadian equivalent of Game Stop) allowing you to trade in your games for store credit.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

I'm torn. I'm a huge collector and I love displaying my 3DS cases on my shelf, but I also like the idea of being able to play more than one retail game without going through the hassle of changing your game card.

I wouldn't have any issue with buying GBA or DS games though. *cough cough*

Take a trip to Gamestop and buy enough NintyMoney to get it downloadable, attach my credit card to it, or go out and get the game? I'll take the physical game

I think I'll always prefer to have a physical copy of the game. I don't see changing the cartridge as much of a hassle and if I do go out with my 3DS/DS I generally only take the game I'm playing at the moment with me, maybe one more.

3DS FC: 1693 1069 1732
    Dream Suite Address: 5300 - 2139 - 7204

Super pumped. The DS version was probably in my top 5 games i played by play time.
    White FC: 0261-2454-8369

3DS FC: 2664-2122-1495

Now Playing: SoulSilver (Restarted, Goldenrod city) White (Going for all legendaries and complete dex)

Current Pokedex: 436/503

Searching for:

Offering: and any starter, Magby, Elekid, Larvitar, Beldum, Bagon (After i breed), Pidgey, basically most breedable pokemon. I also have a level 100 Charizard, Manaphy, Phione, and Thundurus.

I can trade any starter. If interested, PM me.

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too!

I so badly want Galaxy suits implemented. I can understand some of them being a 3D perspective exclusive, but I could see the Bee and Cloud suit working.

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

Glad to see that Nintendo is going to release this as a downloadable copy and physical copy. Though I got a good feeling that they would have the same price for both copies since that most downloadable titles that are also retail titles have the exact same price. But hey, It would be probably a little bit cheaper for the downloadable title if Nintendo decides to do it. Something like about a 10% or 15% would be nice if they ever do it. Though it is up in the air since Nintendo is going to do what they plan on doing.

Other than that, Glad to see that they are using some power ups from Super Mario Bros 3 that they didn't use in 3D Land. Though this is just an exact guess since that the Raccoon Mario form is returning in this game. But hey, Just thought of some power ups that would be nice to see return in this game.

Frog Mario (Just needs to since it would be a perfect underwater form)
    Penguin Mario (Same as Frog Mario but is better since Penguin is also great for Ice levels)
    Kuribo's Shoe (The only definite power up that needs to the worst)
    Chicken Mario (Has to since it would be cool what it does since it was only beta for NSMBW)
    Hammer Mario (Just would be cool)
    Rabbit Mario (Would be nice, though Raccoon Mario already fills that slot perfectly)

Smashin' !

Not interested.
    Now, give us a New Super Mario Bros. Wii U, with all the frantic multiplayer goodness from the Wii version, plus possibly Peach as playable this time around... That'd be more like it.

~MEWTWO RETURNS AT LAST!~

Quote Originally Posted by Steelia View Post
    Not interested.
    Now, give us a New Super Mario Bros. Wii U, with all the frantic multiplayer goodness from the Wii version, plus possibly Peach as playable this time around... That'd be more like it.
    Who's not to say they'll add multiplayer to this one?

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaster View Post
    A must get in my opinion, I've always liked super mario games.
    Get a 3DS. :3
    I claim Larvitar!

Quote Originally Posted by LucarioWolf View Post
    Glad to see that Nintendo is going to release this as a downloadable copy and physical copy. Though I got a good feeling that they would have the same price for both copies since that most downloadable titles that are also retail titles have the exact same price. But hey, It would be probably a little bit cheaper for the downloadable title if Nintendo decides to do it. Something like about a 10% or 15% would be nice if they ever do it. Though it is up in the air since Nintendo is going to do what they plan on doing.

Other than that, Glad to see that they are using some power ups from Super Mario Bros 3 that they didn't use in 3D Land. Though this is just an exact guess since that the Raccoon Mario form is returning in this game. But hey, Just thought of some power ups that would be nice to see return in this game.

Frog Mario (Just needs to since it would be a perfect underwater form)
    Penguin Mario (Same as Frog Mario but is better since Penguin is also great for Ice levels)
    These first two are rather redundant and as much as I love the Frog Suit, Penguin has more options.
    Kuribo's Shoe (The only definite power up that needs to the worst)
    Yes, Yes, Yes
    Chicken Mario (Has to since it would be cool what it does since it was only beta for NSMBW)
    If it gives the slow falling feeling that the Raccon tail does as its only option, then I wouldn't want to see it here.
    Hammer Mario (Just would be cool)Boomerang is better *runs away*
    Rabbit Mario (Would be nice, though Raccoon Mario already fills that slot perfectly)
    comments in bold.
    Not interested.
    Steelia, I hope you have fun with New Super Mario Bros Mii, you know the E3 WiiU demo where you play as your mii. Have fun with that.
    On Nov 21, 2010, I'm going on vacation. I'm going to a country to visit two friends and a grumpy oldtimer who are awaiting my return.

Quote Originally Posted by wiiboychris View Post
    Who's not to say they'll add multiplayer to this one?
    The difference there is, at least with the Wii U version (as far as I know) you can just pick up 4 controllers and play the game easy.
    But with the 3DS version... you not only need multiple copies, but also multiple 3DS's. No thanks; I can barely afford either as it is.

~MEWTWO RETURNS AT LAST!~

Quote Originally Posted by Steelia View Post
    But with the 3DS version... you not only need multiple copies, but also multiple 3DS's. No thanks; I can barely afford either as it is.
    Last I checked, that's how MANY games operate, kiddo.

I don't really care about the multiplayer options, Mario was never a multiplayer-heavy game for me. Except the sports and MK games.
    I claim Larvitar!

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast