Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: New Super Mario Bros 2 (3DS)

Quote Originally Posted by Steelia View Post
    But with the 3DS version... you not only need multiple copies, but also multiple 3DS's.
    Well unfortunately we're talking about handhelds here which tend to be for single person use only (with multiplayer only occurring with multiple handheld consoles). However I would think the 3DS would have enough power that all you should need is have more than one 3DS and not more than one copy of the game. But maybe creating specific data so that it could operate and just stream the game to the handheld with no cartridge isn't possible with the 3DS (to allow that type of multiplayer, I don't mean download play either, since download play isn't the full entire game), maybe the next handheld will be able to stream games to other handheld consoles, allowing it to serve similarly to a home console with each other handheld console serving as a controller (and it's own screen) without needing more than one copy of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by wiiboychris View Post
    Last I checked, that's how MANY games operate, kiddo.
    True but maybe if you take out the personal multiplayer option with close friends and relatives, maybe a WiFi multiplayer wouldn't be too bad. But I don't know about that being for this game, but maybe for some other game. But you would lose quality for that type of multiplayer.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Hoping this game isn't as easy as 3D Land. Sure 3D Land did have hard levels, especially in the Special Worlds, but a majority of the levels in that game people would complete with relative ease and a bunch of levels were basically the same thing, just with 30 seconds on the timer, cosmic clones or both. I'm sure I'll still like this game, but turning up the hardness for NSMB2 wouldn't be a bad thing.

Having a multiplater similar to NSMBWii would be very fun, especially if they added in Wi-Fi. Since the upcoming Mario game for Wii U is supposed to be based off of NSMBMii (and thus probably have multiplayer and the ability to play as Miis), I don't know if we' have the multiplayer from NSMBWii & Mii though. At the very least, I hope there is some other competitive thing people could do with friends, like in Super Mario 64 DS & New Super Mario Bros.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

New Super Mario Bros 2 is probably going to be better than Super Mario 3D Land. I love New Super Mario Bros & New Super Mario Bros Wii. So most likely i'll love New Super Mario Bros 2!
    3DS FC: 0602-7121-7236
    I have MK7! Total VR: 2102. Last Updated 5/27/12 11:49AM EDT

NSMBWii was one of my favorite games. After seeing what they have so far on this game, this will probably come close - very, very close.
    Platinum FC: ASH 2880 5968 5947
    SoulSilver FC: Tsuki 4899 2121 6547
    Black FC: Melanie 5286 2457 2362
    White FC: Zeke 2838 4255 7208
    White 2 FC: Dixie 1980 1508 2421
    3DS FC: 1650-1541-7926
    AC Dream Address: 4600-3147-0229

Heavy Metal

It seems a little too soon to be releasing another Mario Platformer for 3DS. They've kind of been churning out Mario games at a really rapid pace these last few years.

As long as it isn't mediocre like the first New Super Mario Brothers, and doesn't feel like a complete rehash, then I guess there isn't much to complain about.
    Last edited by Zazie; 24th May 2012 at 1:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Torpoleon View Post
    Hoping Propeller Suit (or the Propeller Block from 3D Land) returns here,
    Why? This game already has the Raccoon Leaf, and it's obviously going to be the main flying power-up (unless that P-Gauge in the screenshot is for something else)
    Gen1 Pokedex: 151/151
    Gen2 Pokedex: 251/251
    Gen3 Pokedex: 386/386
    Gen4 Pokedex: 493/493
    Gen5 Pokedex: 649/649

Hopefully an online Multiplayer mode and hopefully Harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Fireray View Post
    Yes to online no to harder. The first one was super hard.
    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/122mflw.jpg[/IMG]
    Smile Forever

WTF NSMBDS was the easiest Mario Game ever. I can't even beat the first world of galaxy 1 yet I can beat that

Quote Originally Posted by Endoplasmic Reticulum View Post
    WTF NSMBDS was the easiest Mario Game ever. I can't even beat the first world of galaxy 1 yet I can beat that
    Well everyones not you. I found Galaxy very easy myself. Maybe some are jsut better at the 3D games then the 2D and vice versa
    Smile Forever

Quote Originally Posted by MusicalZoroark View Post
    Yes to online no to harder. The first one was super hard.
    No, it was easy. It was the first Mario game I ever played, and I beat it no problem. Anyway, I would like NSMB2 harder. But not as hard as the classics.

Also, I also seemed to have little problem beating Galaxy 2, is it harder or easier than Galaxy 1 (haven't played).
    3DS FC (Pokemon X): 1848-1667-7668
    Friend safari is Ice with Snorunt, Beartic, and Cloyster. Looking for Dragon safaris, safaris with Whirlipede or Espurr, and Y-exclusive Mega Stones.

Shiny Chains (D/P): Ralts, Magnemite, Beldum
    Targets: Shinx
    Shiny Chains (X/Y): None
    Targets: Clauncher/Clawitzer, Swirlix, Smeargle

Quote Originally Posted by Skydra View Post
    No, it was easy. It was the first Mario game I ever played, and I beat it no problem. Anyway, I would like NSMB2 harder. But not as hard as the classics.

Also, I also seemed to have little problem beating Galaxy 2, is it harder or easier than Galaxy 1 (haven't played).
    Well maybe it was the fact I hate using the Wii controller in the style. Then again I did not mind it in SPM but I did in Brawl so idk.

I found G1 easier. The thing I hated about G2 was the lack of Yoshi. It seemed he would be available more but if I remember right you could only use him in one world in the first galaxy.
    Smile Forever

Well maybe it was the fact I hate using the Wii controller in the style. Then again I did not mind it in SPM but I did in Brawl so idk.

I found G1 easier. The thing I hated about G2 was the lack of Yoshi. It seemed he would be available more but if I remember right you could only use him in one world in the first galaxy.
    Oh wait, you're talking about the Wii NSMB? That was a little harder than the DS one (which was what I naturally thought you were talking about by the word "first").

Yoshi had like one appearance per world in Galaxy, I think.
    3DS FC (Pokemon X): 1848-1667-7668
    Friend safari is Ice with Snorunt, Beartic, and Cloyster. Looking for Dragon safaris, safaris with Whirlipede or Espurr, and Y-exclusive Mega Stones.

Shiny Chains (D/P): Ralts, Magnemite, Beldum
    Targets: Shinx
    Shiny Chains (X/Y): None
    Targets: Clauncher/Clawitzer, Swirlix, Smeargle

Quote Originally Posted by Skydra View Post
    Oh wait, you're talking about the Wii NSMB? That was a little harder than the DS one (which was what I naturally thought you were talking about by the word "first").

Yoshi had like one appearance per world in Galaxy, I think.
    Wait there was a DS version?! I had no idea. I thought this was the Wii game getting a sequel since they did not want to release a big name game for the Wii since the Wii U is coming out and they have a Mario game planned. So its a sequel to a DS game. Got it.
    Smile Forever

Wait there was a DS version?! I had no idea. I thought this was the Wii game getting a sequel since they did not want to release a big name game for the Wii since the Wii U is coming out and they have a Mario game planned. So its a sequel to a DS game. Got it.
    I'm very...surprised you didn't know about this:

It's a consistent seller and always advertised with the DS

Flying Racons were in super mario 3D land

He means in a 2D mario game.It has been a long time.

^That it has... I dunno 'bout this, NSMB honestly underwhelmed me. I'd've preferred to see a sequel of 3D Land- but we'll see how this one turns out. Hopefully, a bit closer to Super Mario Bros. 3/World.

NSMB 2 looks like it is shaping up pretty nicely. I like that we are seeing the Koopalings again. Now we know it wont be the same 3 or so bosses we'd be fighting throughout the game, like in 3D Land, unless not all the Koopalings return (which I doubt). Now I want to know if Bowser Jr. will be in this game and if they'd maybe introduce a brand new boss to the Mario series in this game. They've been showcasing lots of classic bosses in 2D Mario games, but nothing really "new". Dry Bowser is really just a flesh-less Bowser, though there is Pom Pom.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

What I'm loving at the moment is the golden fire flower powerup which turns mario into gold (looks pretty cool imo) and can destroy blocks which is great seeing as you could never do that with the normal fire flower.

I'm also glad to see the return of the original racoon tail and ears and being able to fly in this game is probably going to be great.
    The most Superior Snivy. Left, good time here though. I loved this place.

I think you can upgrade mario through coins.Why bother to give a player so much coins.
    3ds FC 2492-4223-4524
    Black FC:0432-9941-9309
    Black 2 FC: 3397-2999-9109
    AC:NL Dream Address: 6900-2317-3049

Well, I take back my last statement. This article has made me really excited for this game. 1,000,000 coins... I ACCEPT YOUR CHALLENGE, NINTENDO.

But unlike Mario, I worry somewhat about my budget. Kingdom Hearts 3D was looking to be purchased at that time, and the Wii U and its gloriousness are being reserved for Christmas... Hmm.

I hope Bowser Jr. isn't in this game. Such a terrible character. The Koopalings are annoying too, but they've been a series staple for a while and at least they're all different. I want Wario to be the final boss in this game though. It would be a wasted opportunity if Nintendo didn't feature Wario in a game all about greed.

Bowser Jr is pretty cool

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast