Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Community POTW #69

Default Community POTW #69

Got another classic Pokémon for the Pokémon of the week

It's Vespiquen. The classic bee Pokémon that can only evolve when female

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/416.shtml

Go nuts

Smile

First! Uh Vespiquen. The defensive Pokémon with really bad defensive typing. Prepare the bee puns…

You’ve Gotta Bee Kidding Me
    Vespiquen @ Leftovers
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 248 HP/132 Def/128 SDef
    Impish (+Def, -SDef)
    - Attack Order
    - Toxic
    - Heal Order/Roost
    - Protect/Defend Order

Biggest counter? STEALTH ROCK.

On an unrelated note, I'd like to point out that we got Vespiquen for POTW #69
    Last edited by grantholomew; 22nd April 2012 at 4:09 PM.

Friend Code: 2492-4126-1302
    Friend Safari: Krabby, Floatzel, Frogadier

Sapphire Nuzlocke - COMPLETE!
    Team:
    Dead:

Soulsilver Nuzlocke - COMPLETE!
    Team: **
    Dead:

Platinum Nuzlocke
    Team:
    Dead:

Queen of Originality

Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Pressure
    EV: 252 HP, 72 Def, 184 SDef
    Nature: Relaxed

- Attack Order
    - Roost
    - Toxic
    - HP [Ground]

The reason why this is literally a copy-paste from the 4th Generation set is because this is still the best set that Vespiquen can run. Attack Order is a reliable STAB attack, Roost heals you and removes your pesky Flying half for a turn, Toxic beats down walls, and HP [Ground] beats out Heatran.

Defense Order was dropped as an option because there are much better Defense boosters out there now, like Sigilyph. And because Heatran removal is too important.

Acrobatic Tank

Item: Flying Gem
    EV: 252 HP, 72 Def, 184 SDef
    Nature: Impish

- Attack Order
    - Acrobatics
    - Roost
    - Defense Order

Now for something different. Attack Order and Roost for reliable offense and healing, yada yada. Acrobatics + Flying Gem makes for a strong secondary STAB, and with Defense Order and Roost, it's possible to turn Vespiquen into a bulky sweeper.

Though to be fair, an Acrobatics sweeper is very outclassed by Archeops, Drifblim and Mienshao, amongst others.
    This is a signature that doesn't eat up an absurd amount of space.

Yes! Vespiquen! She is one of my all time favorite pokemon. don't have puns, but I have movesets...

The Weirdest Moveset I've ever posted

Vespiquen@leftovers
    Relaxed/Sassy Nature
    EV's: Max def and sp def

Attack Order
    Defend Order
    Heal Order
    Substitute

Yes xD I did just do this.
    3DS FC: 5043 1366 9389

I'll be gone on vacation until I get home sometime Sunday the 28th. Sorry guys.

Looking for that extremespeed linoone with adamant or jolly (when it comes out). If you're gonna get one, I'd appreciate it. I can clone it if needed.
    I'm willing to sell my soul for it

its only good set i think

Defend Order
    Heal Order/Roost
    Toxic
    Attack Order

Nature: Careful 252 HP, 180 Sp.def, 76Def or Speed

straight forward really. defend order boosts both defences whilst helping vespiquen stall out toxic and pressure. both heal order and roost resore half her health choose which ever. roost maybe prefered as it temporaly removes her flying type is less damage from rock moves especially. attack order to stop her being taunt bait.

Any use to this thing? I don't think so. Any defensive hopes are just drilled into the ground by its terrible speed and double stealth rock weakness, and any offensive hopes are annihilated by its lack of a movepool. Seriously, it gets Attack Order, which is its strongest bug move, and other than that it gets U-turn, another bug move, and it gets Aerial Ace and Pursuit, and its special movepool is even worse, consisting of Silver Wind, Sludge Bomb (which has terrible coverage combined with bug moves), Air Cutter, and Ominious Wind. It is completely outclassed. Scyther is much better as an offensive bug (it has a movepool, speed, and offensive stats). As a defensive bug it is outclassed by Shuckle, and as a supporter and status inflicter it is outclassed somewhat by Butterfree and a lot by Venomoth, both of which get sleep powder and better speed. You don't want to be outclassed by Butterfree.
    Master balls are the cheapest thing ever invented. It's more fun catching everything with balls that can fail. 'caught Latios in the wild without master ball ftw'

There is really only one set that makes Vespiquen stand out SubRoost but the best way to kill her is phazing with Stealth Rock up. Aggron is a perfect example as it gets Dragon Tail and stealth rock to take out her throne.

Pre-evo: Seriously? Combee has bad stats. What can it due? Tailwind, Just use Paras or Nincada
    Last edited by Dragalge; 22nd April 2012 at 4:21 PM.

So, yeah, I've read 7 posts, and it already covers everything Vespiquen can do. It can't do much out of its obvious set, and Combee has nothing worth using... So there's nothing else worth mentioning from what I can tell... >.>
    All your Kirby are belong to us! (>' . ')> (>' . ')>(>' . ')> (b^-^)b

I am proud to present my first wild shiny since the 3rd Generation, Magikarp!
    ...We all got to start somewhere, right?

FC: 0602-6317-4560
    Friend Safari: Electric-Pachirisu, Stunfisk, Manectric
    Add me if you want to, I'll add most anyone. Just shoot me a PM if you do.

Vespiquen is a poke with a lot more option than people give it credit for. Yes the weakness to Stealth Rock is Brutal, but perhaps there is more to her Highness than people give her credit for. When I look at other movesets I see a glaring similarity, People only see her physical Side. Well what about Special Attacks. So for you viewing Pleasure I present, Vespiquen (The Special attack user.)

Beecause She Said So.

Nature: Bold
    EVs: 252 Hp, 252 Special Attack, 4 Special Defense
    Moves: Signal Beam, Toxic, Roost, Venoshock

Vespiquen. I love this Pokemon, but hate using her. She has a great Ability with Pressure and sweet Base 102 defenses to use it, but average HP and attacks. Base 40 Speed gives you good Trick Room Speed, but not great Trick Room Speed.

She has some good Moves, but not a lot of good Moves. Roost makes her a pure Bug Type, but Stealth Rock hits her for half-max HP. Hone Claws is a waste due to most of her Moves being either too accurate to need the Accuracy buff or Fury Swipes. She can go Physical, Special, or Mixed, but has limited Move Types, barring Hidden Power.

Overall, there are many other Bug Types to use for offense, but far less that can do any kind of tanking. Escavalier puts her to shame with better Trick Room Speed, huge Attack, and slightly better defenses with a quad-weakness to Fire instead of Rock.
    Pokémon X Friend Safari: Snover, Bergmite, Piloswine.

Ever see a Corsola 1-shot an Uber? Arceus bless Pokemon Stadium 2...
    WARNING: Strong profanity and extreme hilarity in this video. Viewer discretion and pointing-and-laughing advised.

There is gonna bee a lot of shitty puns. Just saying now. I don't have a lot of sets to post sadly. Never used this thing, although i can say hazards will need to be off the field. Just saying.
    I have claimed the deadly snake Seviper, as of December 2 2011

Huge credit to Brutaka Blaziken and PkmnFn for the banner
    This archeops is currently staring into your soul. Deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vega07 View Post
    Vespiquen is a poke with a lot more option than people give it credit for. Yes the weakness to Stealth Rock is Brutal, but perhaps there is more to her Highness than people give her credit for. When I look at other movesets I see a glaring similarity, People only see her physical Side. Well what about Special Attacks. So for you viewing Pleasure I present, Vespiquen (The Special attack user.)

Beecause She Said So.

Nature: Bold
    EVs: 252 Hp, 252 Special Attack, 4 Special Defense
    Moves: Signal Beam, Toxic, Roost, Venoshock
    Signal Beam + Venoshock deal super-effective damage to: Grass, Psychic, and Dark-types = 3/15 types

Types that resist this combo: Fire, Fighting, Poison (both moves), Flying, Ghost (both moves), Steel (both moves), Ground, and Rock = 8 TYPES!!!

This is why people only see Vespiquen for her Physical movepool. Her Special movepool is downright horrendous.
    I'm thinking about creating a printer-friendly Pokédex guidebook for Black and White versions. Let me know what you think about it here.

Vespiquen is one of my favorite Pokemon! it's a shame she isn't used more in competitive play. One problem is her poor typing, however, she does have a wide variety of moves that do make her a very good wall. She's pretty slow but that's normal for walls. Her attacking movepool is kind of shallow, however, Attack Order is one of the strongest Bug move in the game. Strongest Physical one though. Why she can't learn Bug Buzz confuses me. She's a bee. And odder things can learn it. Apparantly you need wings and Sewaddle of all things can learn it.

Honey's Sweet. I'm Not.
    Pressure
    Relaxed
    Leftovers
    HP 252/Def 128/Sp Def 128

Attack Order/Taunt
    Defend Order
    Heal Order
    Toxic

This is a set I would use. Defend Order raises both of your defenses. Then Toxic cripples the opponent slowly. Heal Order is reliable recovery. Then Attack Order's there because it's your strongest STAB. Another option is Taunt, but you're kind of slow so there isn't much point to it.

Other Options
    Roost is good since it can get rid of your Flying type and you'd be less threatened by Rocks.

Endeavor is also good with a Focus Sash in Singles. It's really slow so you're almost guaranteed an Endeavor that'll bring the opponent to 1 HP. Although her defenses are high you could always bring her in on some kind of Fire-type like Heatran or especially something like a fighting type or rock types because they all carry some kind of Stone Edge or whatever. However, she lacks priority moves so you could switch out or something or let her faint.

Secret Power's good because it can put the opponent to sleep.
    My Black Friend Code is 4770 6733 5678

Click the banner to check out The Phantom Legacy
    Join us on The Phantom Legacy Xat

Come trade with me! PM me for offers.
    Be sure to check out Serpentine's Breeding Shop

My sister liked Vespiquen in her Pearl game. Sadly, this bee's typing and stats match up poorly competitively. First of all, it has the very overused Bug/Flying combination. This means Vespiquen has a lot to compete with - there are 8 or so other Bug/Flying Pokemon. This typing is also poor defensively. Stealth Rocks utterly slay you, cutting off 50% of your HP. You also have weaknesses to numerous types: Fire, Flying, Electric, Ice, and a 4x Rock weakness. This is really counterintuitive, since Vespi's best stats are her Defense and Sp. Defense (although it does break her from the mold of Bug/Flyings) It's not all bad for Vespiquen though. She has high resistance to Fighting and Grass, and floats right over Ground attacks. Her ability works well with her stat distribution. However, I wouldn't recommend using her outside of NU.

Recommended tier: NU

Pressure is a cool ability that causes a foe to lose 2 PP for every attack they use. On a defensive Pokemon like Vespiquen, this is even more valuable.
    Unnerve prevents the foe from using their berries. This is basically useless; berries are rare outside of Little Cup.

Any good defensive Pokemon needs reliable recovery, and Roost from 4th gen is Vespi's best. Not only does it heal her by 50%, it also removes her Flying typing and many of her weaknesses. Heal Order provides the same healing, but doesn't remove the Flying type, making Roost superior. Vespiquen can also provide team support with Tailwind or Toxic a foe. She gets Destiny Bond, but is much too slow to use it. Defend Order allows her to stall (and works well with Pressure) but you will inevitably be crit.

Vespiquen's offensive stats are unexceptional at base 80 each, but that's still enough to do some decent damage. Her best STAB attack is Attack Order thanks to a decently high base 90 power and a high critical hit ratio. Unfortunatelty, Vespiquen has little else to work with. Aerial Ace, Acrobatics, Sludge Bomb, Venoshock, Hidden Power, Power Gem, Signal Beam, Pursuit and Return/Frustration make up the rest of her usable attacking movepool. It's pretty sad.

Double and Triples: I don't recommend Vespi for Doubles and Triples. There isn't a whole lot she can do, and she's vulnerable to Rock Slide, Heat Wave, and Blizzard.

Countering Vespiquen: Stealth Rock. Rocks MURDER Vespiquen. Rock type attacks are also very effective. You can also use Toxic to take her down, especially if she stalls. Many other attack types are also supereffective.

*Sigh* Vespiquen. Just... no. All this poor thing wants to be is a tank. But in the end Vespiquen is plagued with the worst possible type combination for a defensive-minded Pokémon: Bug-Flying, which is weak to 6 types and has a double weakness to Stealth Rock. I wish I could say the base 102 Defense and Special Defense and having Pressure as an ability is great, but her typing and especially her horrible base 40 Speed is where she falls flat on her face. If she does get to attack, it may sting a little, but otherwise with base 80 Attack and Special the opponent will most likely shrug it off.

HURR DURR I KNOW USE SOAK ON HER! :B
    Hey, just a thought...

Abilities:
    Pressure - doubles the PP usage of the opponent’s attacks. Always a nice ability, and at the very least Vespiquen will waste the opponent’s PP just a little more.

Unnerve - Seriously, this was the best you could give to Vespiquen, Game Freak? The opponent can’t use its held berry. Whoop-de-USELESS.

BEEEEEES!
    EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 Sp. Def
    Nature: Relaxed (+Def, -Spd) / Sassy (+Sp. Def, -Spd)

- Attack Order
    - Roost
    - Toxic / Defend Order
    - Hidden Power [Ground]

Attack Order gets STAB and is Vespiquen’s strongest Bug attack. Roost is the preferred healing option as Vespiquen will temporarily loose her Flying-type, which could come in handy. Toxic slowly drains the opponent’s health, while Defend Order boosts both her Defense and Special Defense. Hidden Power Ground gets rid of Fire, Rock, Electric, and Steel types, all of which pose a threat to Vespiquen otherwise.

Biggest issues with this set? No Flying-type coverage. At all.

Other Options:
    Aerial Ace or Acrobatics could be used for Flying STAB.

Destiny Bond will drag the opponent down with Vespiquen, although her slow Speed may not make it as reliable. Note that if Destiny Bond is not activated the first turn it’s used, it will carry out for one more turn.

Signal Beam is Vespiquen’s strongest Special Bug attack.

Venoshock could be used in tandem with Toxic for extra damage. However, if paired with a Bug move it gives you one of the worst possible coverage combos in the world.

Tailwind is one of Vespiquen’s few decent support options. She might be a little too slow to pull it off in time, but it’s still worth mentioning.
    I'm thinking about creating a printer-friendly Pokédex guidebook for Black and White versions. Let me know what you think about it here.

Vespiquen 1
    Relaxed
    Heal order
    Toxic
    Venoshock
    Hp fire/fighting
    Item:leftovers
    Evs:252 hp,252 def,4 sp def
    Ability pressure
    Nice set this one. Simple,yet use in trick room. Hp fire for skarmory,hp fighting for heatran

The best counter to Vespiquen is Stealth Rock. Sure, there are other walls weak to SR(see Regice),but Regice is only 2x weak, while being cursed with a quad-weakness to Stealth Rock...ouch. Especially if you're a wall. Aside from that, rock-types such as Rampardos scare Vespiquen with their powerful Stone Edge or Head Smash. Unaware Quagsire and Bastiodon wall Vespiquen all day. The former can set up on her with Curse or simply burn it with Scald, while the latter can Roar it or attack with Stone Edge and is immune to Toxic. However, both need to watch out if Vespiquen managed to use Substitute. Weezing can do the same, resisting Attack Order and retaliate with Toxic or Fire Blast. Swellow can switch into Toxic and proceed to obliterate the queen with Brave Bird. Finally, Charizard laughs at Attack Order and can eat Vespiquen with Fire Blast, but needs to watch out for Toxic, especially since Charizard also has a 4x weakness to Stealth Rock.
    Last edited by UbersSuck20; 22nd April 2012 at 8:05 PM.

Since I battled one and used one in the Battle Factory, I knew it had great potential since defensive bug/flying types are hard to come by. However... Male combees need an evo. Here's one I made. http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&se...kemon#/d2lnqbb

Anyways, lets move onto a moveset!

Supporting Queen
    Nature: Relaxing
    EVs: 252 HP, 189 Def, 67 Sp. Def
    Ability: Pressure for sure!
    Item: Lefties
    Moves:
    Tail Wind/Heal Order
    Defog
    Struggle Bug
    Defend Order/Protect

This set assists pokemon with low special defense like Slowbro. Best used if you had a leech seeder before-hand so Vespiquen can heal up even more.
    Do not use tailwind in a trick room team.
    Last edited by GirlKirbyZombie; 22nd April 2012 at 8:15 PM. Reason: Forgot a few things

My favorites happen to be mid-evolved poison types.

Ussop! you deserve a medal One Piece :3

How IS vespiqueen classic? it is a DPPT pokemon...

ok stealth rock weakness,bad speed subpar offenses
    bad movepool bar her signature moves... yep that's vespiqueen..
    should be used defensively! the only bug type which is also defensively that's why it is horrible.

Don't use it... just not.
    even if it set up defend order at +2 it can STILL be poisoned

I will try to put an offensive set because it have decent defenses which can take some punch from banded sawk locked into close combat?

An attempt for being offensive as her typing don't let it be defensive..
    @ leftovers/Life Orb
    252 HP, 252 Attack,4 defense
    Adamant/Brave (if trick room 0 speed IVs)
    Pressure
    -Roost
    -Return
    -Attack Order
    -Hone Claws/aerial ace/U-turn

Roost heals life orb and it's movepool is horrible...
    Return the same horrible movepool it is physical natural choice.
    Attack Order is STAB and a signature move.
    Hone Claws so you actually boost but I still won't see ANY claws.. Aerial Ace is another STab a weak one though.. U-turn scouts...

Parthners: a spinner! and a new team don't use it it is horrible... most fighting pokemon have stone edge anyway...
    counters: Anything with a rock move
    Last edited by Ilan; 22nd April 2012 at 8:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

I actually used both Vespiquen and Clefable as set up walls in gen 4 OU with decent results. Biggest problem is the set I used had no attacks and was walled by steel and poison types. Vesp was my physical wall and Clef my special wall.

Bold Nature
    252 HP/252 Def
    Pressure
    Defend Order
    Heal Order/Roost
    Toxic
    Protect/Confuse Ray

*edit: hold item was lefties. totally forgot to put it
    Last edited by nanoomega; 22nd April 2012 at 8:17 PM. Reason: forgot to state hold item

Vespiquen is one of those gimmicky pokemon whose sole purpose is to be a gimmick. The only way to get one is by evolving a female combee (not male). While this should make sense, they have a female Mr. Mime.
    Even so, people shouldn't rant on about how bad Vespiquen is. She has a pretty usable move-pool. Vespiquen's main gimmick is having the "orders". Attack Order, Heal Order, and Defend Order. Honestly, she is usable. Defensively, 70/104/104 isn't half bad. While the SR weakness sucks, with a Rapid Spinner in hand, one can actually use Vespi well. She has a mere base 80 in both Attack and Special Attack, so she can't really run a mixed set. She lacks the physical move-pool to do any major damage physically. The last, killing point offensively, is her lack of high-powered attacks. Her strongest is Attack Order, a decent base 90 powered attack. Things aren't looking great for Vespiquen.

Abilities
    Pressure: Her abilities don't help at all. Increases opponent's PP usage. Ok for stall, I guess.
    Unnerve DW: Currently unreleased. Opponent doesn't eat his or her berries. Also meh.

OBEY
    -Substitute
    -Heal Order
    -Defend Order
    -Sludge Bomb
    EVs and Nature: Modest (+Sp. Atk, -Atk)
    252 Hp/128 Def/128 Sp. Def
    Stall set. Set up Sub, use Defend Order to and Heal Order to survive forever, and Sludge Bomb has a decent chance of poisoning the target, which isn't half bad. It also prevents Vespi from being Taunt bait. Modest is for Sludge Bomb to be stronger.

Our Special Queen
    -Power Gem
    -Signal Beam
    -Hidden Power [Ground]
    -Ominous Wind
    Item: Life Orb
    EVs and Nature: Modest (+Sp. Atk, -Atk)
    252 Hp/252 Sp. Atk/4 Spd
    This is Vespi's only usable Special set. I don't know why nobody mentioned Power Gem, which has decent power and coverage against Flying types. It sucks that Vespiquen doesn't get Bug Buzz, so Signal Beam will have to do instead. HP Ground is excellent coverage for Vespiquen's weaknesses, and Ominous Wind is random coverage, with the chance to boost all of her stats. With a base 40 Speed, Vespiquen isn't going to out-speed anybody, so max Hp instead. Life Orb for power and coverage.

Other Options
    I was considering posting a mixed attacker set, but Vespiquen needs all of the EVs in either one of her stats that she can get. Her Attack and Special Attack stats are a mere 80.
    Attack Order is her strongest attack. Unfortunately, she doesn't have the physical move-pool to have a physical set.

Partners
    Vespiquen loves Water types. She surrounds her hive with Water types to keep Fire and Rock type pokemon away. She needs a spinner, badly. x4 SR weakness is nothing to laugh at.

Countering Vespiquen
    Rock types laugh at her, especially Aggron, who can take HP Ground thanks to Sturdy, and hit right back with any of his STAB Rock type attacks. Fire types need to watch out for HP Ground and Power Gem, but since most out-speed Vespiquen, it shouldn't be a huge problem. And then there's Stealth Rock. After getting hurt by Stealth Rock, just about any pokemon with a decent Attack or Special Attack stat can bring her down, so long as it uses a super-effective attack.

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

Beehive Yourself
    Vespiquen@Leftovers
    Impish nature
    Pressure
    252 HP/200 Sp. Def/56 Def
    ~Defend Order
    ~Heal Order
    ~Attack Order
    ~Toxic

Vespiquen, Vespiquen, Vespiquen. Buzzing around the bowels of NU, despite respectable defensive stats of 70/102/102, three signature moves, two of which amount to Cosmic Power and Recover equivalents, and workable offensive stats. Why then, is she not used? For an answer, see her type combination. Bug/Flying is an Arceus-awful defensive typing. It does not do for a means of defense to be taken down by way of moves such as Rock Throw and AncientPower, and it especially does not do for a wall to be cut down by half her health just by switching in. Still, this set can help Vespiquen take advantage of her undeniably good defensive stats. Defend Order builds up Defense and Special Defense. Heal Order restores HP. Attack Order is for STAB and to ensure that Vespiquen is not total Taunt bait. Toxic to pile on extra damage and spread around a little Bad Poison.

Item should be obvious. Ability is the only option currently, and is better than its Hidden Ability anyway.

Fight Of The Bumblebee
    Vespiquen@Flying Gem
    Brave nature
    Pressure
    252 Atk/252 HP/4 Def
    ~X-Scissor
    ~Acrobatics
    ~Hone Claws
    ~Return

With a base Attack of 80, Vespiquen can attempt a sweep of some sort. X-Scissor has more power than Attack Order. Acrobatics works well with the item. Hone Claws is good to boost Attack, and Return is filler. Not the best set by any means, but workable. Kinda. Sorta. OK, not really.

Item is for Acrobatics. Ability I covered earlier.

Sting Operation
    Vespiquen@Life Orb
    Quiet nature
    Pressure
    252 Sp. Atk/252 HP/4 Def
    ~Signal Beam
    ~Power Gem
    ~Hidden Power (Ground)
    ~Air Cutter/Sludge Bomb

With a base Special Attack of 80, Vespiquen can attempt a sweep of some sort. Signal Beam is for STAB. Power Gem and HP Ground for a Special version of EdgeQuake. Last move is filler.

Item is for boosting the attacks' power. Ability I covered earlier.

Other options:
    *Vespiquen has access to Roost, which some may see as a superior option to Heal Order, due to the removal of the Flying-type, along with a handful of weaknesses. Thing is, Vespiquen is so freaking slow that in nearly all cases it will wind up going last, meaning that Roost's side effect will be meaningless. Heal Order, on the other hand, doesn't require a Generation IV TM- it's a level-up move.
    *Venoshock is an option over Attack Order on the first set, but why leave Vespiquen completely useless against Steel-types? Attack Order at least does something to them.
    *Tailwind is good for team support, but it won't help Vespiquen much.

Abilities:
    *Pressure: If Vespiquen is attacked, the attacker loses 2 PP instead of 1. Nice on a defensive Pokemon. Would be even nicer on something with a better defensive typing. Still, it's a lot better than...
    *Unnerve: Vespiquen's Hidden Ability. Not legal yet, but it's not really an issue. Opponents can't eat their berries in Vespiquen's presence. Big deal. Almost nothing carries berries anymore, except for Multiscale Dragonite, and if you're using anything with Unnerve in the same tier as Dragonite, let alone a Vespiquen, then Dragonite's Lum Berry is the least of your problems.

Partners:
    Wish support and a lot of Baton Passed defensive boosts are greatly appreciated. Rapid Spin and/or Magic Bounce backup is practically a must.

Counters:
    Anything on your team that knows one of these moves listed here qualifies as a Vespiquen counter.

Opinion:
    Ehhh.

Prediction for next week:
    Unown.

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 5 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

As a royalty, the beehive pokemon does not "beehave" like a queen! Mostly due to it's typing and horrible speed. But come on, by no means vespiquen is a bad pokemon. She has some originality in her with 3 exclusive moves including the only bug type recovery move. Her offensive presence is not exceptional but can do some serious damage despite her movepool lacks good coverage. Defensively, and despite her horrible defensive typing, it can still take decent hits. Stealth rock is surely a problem but with roost available it is not as threatening for her as for other pokemon. All it needs to do is switch in, take the damage, and then roost it away while it's decent defensive can take at least one normal hit. I didn't say that this is the perfect strategy against stealth rock but it's just a way to controle it's damage. A last saving grace for this queen is that she is hugely resistant to the common grass and fighting types and immune to ground type attacks giving her a great chance to switch in attacks that most other pokemon cannot.
    This pokemon can run many sets seeing her equally spread stats but she's awful in many of those limiting her usage for a maximum of two usable sets and some useful moves.
    Her physical movepool include: Attack order, Frustration/Return, Aerial ace, Acrobatics, X-scissor, U-turn.
    Her special movepool include: Power gem, Venoshock, Sludge bomb, Silver wind, ominous wind, Signal beam.
    Her accessory moves include: Confuse ray, Defend order, Pursuit, Heal order, Toxic, Destiny bond, Substitute, Roost, Endeaveor, Tailwind.
    While most of these are remotely as useful as others but this is practically all vespiquen can do. Too bad, it is a wickedly cool pokemon!!

The one thing that comes to my mind when it comes to this is this: Stall. That's right. Perhaps everything about Vespiquen except that Bug/Flying typing says it. Now here goes my review:

Pressure - Like I said, Vespiquen is a staller, and Pressure is perhaps the most ideal ability for it due to it's stalling nature.
    Unnerve - Pretty useless; enough said.

Queen of Stallers
    - Attack Order
    - Roost
    - Toxic
    - Substitute
    Nature: Careful
    EVs: 252 SpD/252 Def/4 HP

The idea behind the moveset is to set up Substitute, poison anything that it can with Toxic, and heal off any damage with Roost. Roost is preferred over Heal Order to temporarily remove Vespiquen's flying-type. Attack Order prevents Vespiquen from being Taunt bait. Since most fire-type move are special, a careful nature is recommended.

Other Options
    Vespiquen has a reasonable Special movepool, with Power Gem and Signal Beam among others, but they are significantly weaker than Vespiquen's physical attacks.
    DW Pokemon I can offer:

Personal Moveset
    Pressure w/ Charti Berry
    Brave/Quiet Nature
    200-170 HP, 170-155 Attack, and 170-155 Sp Attack
    Attack Order
    Aerial Ace
    Power Gem
    Confuse Ray/Toxic/Destiny Bond

4th gen Tutor:
    Attack Order
    Aerial Ace
    Power Gem
    Confuse Ray/Toxic/Endeavor/Tailwind/Destiny Bond

Partners:
    Trick Room Users
    Fighting and/or Ground-Types against Rock and Steel-Types

Countering:
    High PP Rock moves like Power Gem and Smack Down; other rock moves are riskier with Vespiquen's Pressure.
    Defense Curl and Rollout-users with high attack like Sandslash, Donphan, Emboar, and Qwilfish.
    Steel-Types, espically Aggron, Bastiodon, and Probopass, are useful with its resistance and immunity to poison.
    Other Strong, High-PP moves like: Discharge, Thunderbolt, Thunderpunch, Fire Punch, Flame Burst, Lava Plume, Aurora Beam, Ice Ball, Ice Punch, Air Cutter, Air Slash, Drill Peck, Pluck, and Wing Attack.
    Will-o-wisp users with high Sp Defense like Dusknoir.
    Last edited by sbktdreed; 23rd April 2012 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Based on Reply
    Got Pokémon X. Intend to get either Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire.
    No info about my Friend Safari.
    Vivillon Pattern: Polar
    Looking for nicknamed, shiny, and/or have a hidden ability in GTS and may battle at anytime.
    If interested, send a private message with your ID #.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast