Toxic Staller
    252 Hp/ 128 defense/ 128 sp defense
    Nature: Relaxed or Sassy
    Ability: Pressure
    Toxic
    Roost/ Heal Order
    Defend Order
    Protect
    Only one problem with this set, steels wall it like there is no tomorrow. Hp fire or hp fighting instead of protect. I see you are trying a staller, but steels hurt if you go against one. Suitable item here would be leftovers for health regain.
    Partners, claydoll rapid spins all the stealth rocks away, and any other rapid spinners.

[haven't thought of a name]
    -Swagger
    -Defend Order
    -Attack Order
    -Power Gem
    Item Attached: Leftovers
    Ability: Pressure
    EVs and Nature:
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef
    Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)

Swagger is a move that works great on Vespiquen as its Defense stat is very high and Defend Order raises Vespiquen's defensive stats even further while its opponent is confused. Attack Order is Vespiquen's strongest STAB move and Power Gem kills off Fire and Ice types.

Vespiquen is pokemon who sucked from the start with poor typing, a limited movepool and a weakness to the ever common Stealth rock. Vespiquen finds it hard to make niche for its self. However with no Stealth Rock up Vespiquen can serve as reasonible wall. But watch out for Rock type moves.

Struggle Bee.
    -Toxic
    -Substitute
    -Heal Order
    -Struggle Bug
    252HP/252Def/6SpDef

This set should be used for long games, basicly you set up Toxic, use Substitute and then Struggle Bug to you hearts content. Struggle Bug also stops you from being Tuant-bait and lowers your oppents Sp.Atking capabilatys. Heal order is there to provide recovery. Never use this pokemon against Rock or Steel types or anything that might have a Rock type move.
    Last edited by tomjames1966; 24th April 2012 at 5:54 PM.

Credit to iPokemon^

Skarmory laughs at vespiquen. It resists bug moves and flying moves. Vespiquen needs to look out for steels. So you want hp fire or fighting.
    Also, it is ok if it is used as an attacker, not a wall, with 80/80 att.

Counters
    A bug/flying type. This is gonna be an easy week.
    As almost everyone has said. Stealth Rock cripples Vespiquen, chipping half its health for every switch-in. If she's running 252 HP, she'll be KOed after 2 switch-ins. That means that a battle with Vespiquen can be as simple as: Vespiquen switches in. You switch-in a counter. Either she dies from your counter or she dies from the Rocks.
    If you're rocks are spinned (or you're running Spikes) Steel completely shut down Vespi. They're immune to Toxic and resist its unimpressive Attack Order. In fact, apart from Hidden Power, Steel types resist Vespiquen's entire offensive movepool. Pick a Steel. Any Steel. Chances are it'll do well against Vespiquen. Poison types also do very well, resisting Attack Order and immune to Poison. Anything that can mitigate or get around Toxic and resists bug can do well against Vespi. Conkledurr, DW Gligar, Natural Cure, Heal Bell, heck even Swellow can take this on.
    Also, Toxic destroys it's ability to wall. If you can safely get off a Toxic you've also more or less beaten Vespiquen already.
    It's defences are actually pretty good but it can't really pose a threat offensively without a Hone Claws or two. Even then, it's movepool is so horrible and it's Speed is so low that you need to rethink you're team(and possibly your life) if your getting owned by this.

To summarise:
    -Stealth Rock means your halfway to beating it. If it switches in twice without healing it's already done for.
    -Like any non-Steel/Poison type wall it falls easily to Toxic.
    -If you can get around it's own Toxic and aren't cripplingly weak to Bug you can take it on.
    -Steel types simply own this thing. Seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Aerodactyl also makes a solid counter, as it can set up with stealth rock, taunt to shut down most movesets, and OHKO with stone edge

Quote Originally Posted by philzone View Post
    Skarmory laughs at vespiquen. It resists bug moves and flying moves. Vespiquen needs to look out for steels. So you want hp fire or fighting.
    Also, it is ok if it is used as an attacker, not a wall, with 80/80 att.
    What's your point? every single OU pokemon laughs at vespiquen..
    so vespiquen= no OU!
    anyway more than half of OU isn't afraid of toxic.

It is just a little better than delibird!
    Last edited by Ilan; 24th April 2012 at 6:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan View Post
    What's your point? every single OU pokemon laughs at vespiquen..
    so vespiquen= no OU!
    anyway more than half of OU isn't afraid of toxic.

Oh, I'll join in on listing some OU counters =-) (not sure if they all still are OU). Metagross, Skarmory, Aerodactyl, Curselax :P, Heatran, Gyarados, Salamence, Dragonite, Scizor, Zapdos, Charizard, Moltres, Forretress, Ferrothorn, Articuno (it still exists somewhere), Magnezone, Entei, and a whole lot more. Actually, now that you mention Delibird, I think that Delibird actually could stand a chance beating this thing one on one with SE ice moves
    Master balls are the cheapest thing ever invented. It's more fun catching everything with balls that can fail. 'caught Latios in the wild without master ball ftw'

Quote Originally Posted by Sceptile Leaf Blade View Post
    Oh, I'll join in on listing some OU counters =-) (not sure if they all still are OU). Metagross, Skarmory, Aerodactyl, Curselax :P, Heatran, Gyarados, Salamence, Dragonite, Scizor, Zapdos, Charizard, Moltres, Forretress, Ferrothorn, Articuno (it still exists somewhere), Magnezone, Entei, and a whole lot more. Actually, now that you mention Delibird, I think that Delibird actually could stand a chance beating this thing one on one with SE ice moves
    A good chunk of those aren't OU. Curselax, Zapdos, and Aerodactyl haven't been since gen 4, while Moltres, Charizard, Articuno, and Entei haven't been OU since I started competitive pokemon.

Choice Band Delibird 2HKOs it with Aerial Ace, while Vespy fails to 3HKO in return.

Edit: Actually, the calculator I'm using says it always 4HKOs, but the percentages say it should 3HKO a lot of the time. Oh well, as long as you avoid swapping in on attack order, you're fine, and seeing as it'll usually be using toxic on round one...
    Last edited by Zachmac; 25th April 2012 at 1:08 AM.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Nothing is more powerful than friendship. Well, except a +2/+2/+2 Adamant Kyurem Black. In which case, you're done for.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan View Post
    I'd put my money on delibird

Okay, even if I don't encourage it's use, I think we're kind of making Vespiquen out to be worse then it really is. It's got decent stats and a good recovery move, so it is at least usable. Well, at the very least, more viable then Delibird.
    Nothing is more powerful than friendship. Well, except a +2/+2/+2 Adamant Kyurem Black. In which case, you're done for.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Okay, even if I don't encourage it's use, I think we're kind of making Vespiquen out to be worse then it really is. It's got decent stats and a good recovery move, so it is at least usable. Well, at the very least, more viable then Delibird.
    Idk, at least delibird can revenge kill with ice shard

Edit: if you're gonna troll with junk pokemon, at least using delibird makes sure that you don't look serious...
    But, seriously now, beedrill does the the whole bee thing better (as well as access to focus energy + sniper)
    Last edited by MetalCrow; 25th April 2012 at 4:58 AM.

Vespiquen is decent at walling grass types, but that is quite rare to see. It has access to the awesome toxic-venoshock combo, which decimates non steel types. Pressure is far better for wall/stalling as it stings your foe if you are attaced, as unnerve is useless.NEVER USE. Combee does well, but with the focus-endeavor combo, it lacks the priority move to make the set viable. Now items. Iron ball just for trickroom,evolite for combee, charti berry to soften that nasty rock 4x weakness, and also the enigma berry, which softens super effective hits.
    Last edited by philzone; 25th April 2012 at 10:38 PM.

Vespiquen is decent at walling grass types, but that is quite rare to see. It has access to the awesome toxic-venoshock combo, which decimates non rock types. Pressure is far better for wall/stalling as it stings your foe if you are attaced, as unnerve is useless.NEVER USE. Combee does well, but with the focus-endeavor combo, it lacks the priority move to make the set viable. Now items. Iron ball just for trickroom,evolite for combee, charti berry to soften that nasty rock 4x weakness, and also the enigma berry, which softens super effective hits.
    Okay, it can wall grass types, and they are kind of rare. Pressure is also it's best ability, for stalling out those nasty Stone Edges. But I do disagree with some other things.

Toxic-Venoshock...Well, not only is poison a bad offensive typing, but that combo is better off on pokemon who have it STABed, who can truly take advantage of it's high power. Those berries are used up easily, and being a defensive pokemon, it wants something that'll help it in the long run. Leftovers is easily the best option. And Iron Ball/Trick Room? Yet another person is getting TR all wrong. Trick Room is most viable as a bulky, offensive strategy. The only completely defensive walls you should see should be setting up trick room. All your others should be powerful tanks. Trick Room doesn't last long enough for defensive strategies.

vespiquen has a better-than-average defence, but it's more powerfuls are only attack attack order or acrobatics+flying gem. It's a special pokemon though, with 3 signature moves only it can know.
    White2 FC: 1077 7567 6538
    White1 FC: 1507 2540 5128
    Always looking for events!
    I currently live in Taiwan(GMT+8)

Vespiquen, I like this pokemon, it's such a shame Stealth Rock exists. It totally kills her dead.

It didn't sting a bit!
    Vespiquen @ Leftovers
    Pressure
    Impish
    252 HP, 252 Def, 4 Sp. Def
    Roost/ Heal Order
    Defend Order
    Attack Order
    Toxic

Blah, blah, blah, the only set Vespiquen can really run...

Well you could run this set if you're trying to be funny... Just don't use this competitively... Or with Evasion Clause on...

Two bees, or not two bees...
    Vespiquen @ Bright Powder/ Leftovers
    Pressure
    Bold
    252 HP 252 Def 4 Sp. Def
    Double Team
    Mud Slap
    Roost
    Toxic/ Defend Order/ Signal Beam/ Confuse Ray

This is just trolling... If you don't have evasion clause or if you plan to troll you friends then this COULD be annoying... Take a fairly bulky wall with a good recovery move, make it hard to hit, then laugh as you spread Toxic poison and force switches and if you have your own entry hazards, then laugh as they rack up even more passive damage... and if they can hit you, it probably won't kill you (as long as the move isn't rock that is). I think I'll troll someone with this... This set is so dumb... I suggest Signal Beam but only if you don't want to be stuck with only Mud Slap as your damaging move after you've been taunted.

tl;dr : Vespiquen troll set that should NEVER bee used

Or you could run a crappy Sp. Attacking version... but why would you? YANMA outclasses it! Yanma may have 5 less Sp. Attack but it at least gets Bug Buzz and Air Slash, as well as access to two better abilities... And not to mention much better Speed... Only real difference is that Vespiquen has the ability to take like, 1 or 2 more hits than Yanma...

Don't even try a physical sweeper set... Beedrill out classes her in that... She has pretty much no moves other than Attack Order, Return/Frustration, Aerial Ace or Acrobatics + Flying Gem...

There are my awful bee puns for the day...
    If you like this, see this and much more at...

http://superartninja.deviantart.com/# - Deviant Art Profile

Quote Originally Posted by SuperArtNinja View Post
    Vespiquen, I like this pokemon, it's such a shame Stealth Rock exists. It totally kills her dead.

It didn't sting a bit!
    Vespiquen @ Leftovers
    Pressure
    Impish
    252 HP, 252 Def, 4 Sp. Def
    Roost/ Heal Order
    Defend Order
    Attack Order
    Toxic

Blah, blah, blah, the only set Vespiquen can really run...

Well you could run this set if you're trying to be funny... Just don't use this competitively... Or with Evasion Clause on...

Two bees, or not two bees...
    Vespiquen @ Bright Powder/ Leftovers
    Pressure
    Bold
    252 HP 252 Def 4 Sp. Def
    Double Team
    Mud Slap
    Roost
    Toxic/ Defend Order/ Signal Beam/ Confuse Ray

This is just trolling... If you don't have evasion clause or if you plan to troll you friends then this COULD be annoying... Take a fairly bulky wall with a good recovery move, make it hard to hit, then laugh as you spread Toxic poison and force switches and if you have your own entry hazards, then laugh as they rack up even more passive damage... and if they can hit you, it probably won't kill you (as long as the move isn't rock that is). I think I'll troll someone with this... This set is so dumb... I suggest Signal Beam but only if you don't want to be stuck with only Mud Slap as your damaging move after you've been taunted.

tl;dr : Vespiquen troll set that should NEVER bee used

Or you could run a crappy Sp. Attacking version... but why would you? YANMA outclasses it! Yanma may have 5 less Sp. Attack but it at least gets Bug Buzz and Air Slash, as well as access to two better abilities... And not to mention much better Speed... Only real difference is that Vespiquen has the ability to take like, 1 or 2 more hits than Yanma...

Don't even try a physical sweeper set... Beedrill out classes her in that... She has pretty much no moves other than Attack Order, Return/Frustration, Aerial Ace or Acrobatics + Flying Gem...

There are my awful bee puns for the day...
    Love to see a double team set, but double team is banned:-(
    Bright powder gives it that edge,but wasted really. Try leftovers.
    And also, if it recieves a curse-batton pass from umbreon(or others if there are any) it makes a deadly sweeper.
    Shiftry was viable with 10/20 more att/sp att than vespiquen,so you could try it.

Love to see a double team set, but double team is banned:-(
    Bright powder gives it that edge,but wasted really. Try leftovers.
    And also, if it recieves a curse-batton pass from umbreon(or others if there are any) it makes a deadly sweeper.
    Shiftry was viable with 10/20 more att/sp att than vespiquen,so you could try it.
    Actually, if you read my post, I said about the Double Team set that you can only use it when Evasion Clause is not in effect, or if you were just planning on trolling your friends anyway. This second set was more or less a joke since Vespiquen has so few options to begin with. Leftovers is listed as an option but I said Brightpowder because it is more hax and it has Roost anyway.

Why mention Shiftry? What was your point? These questions are not meant to offend.

Why bother Baton Passing Curse to Vespiquen at all? it doesn't have a move pool to effectively make use of the extra attack anyway. Attack Order, Aerial Ace/ Acrobatics, Pursuit and Return are the only moves it has, and all are resisted by Steel types. If you are sweeping with Vespiquen it requires you to get rid of Steel types. And with Vespiquen's poor speed, move pool and many weaknesses it CAN'T sweep effectively.
    If you like this, see this and much more at...

http://superartninja.deviantart.com/# - Deviant Art Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    This

10char

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

Vespiquen isn't super terrible. Way better than Delibird at least, lol. The thing is, Vespiquen can actually use a SubRoost set decently with Pressure. The main problem is that the only other Pressure SubRooster in the tier is Articuno, has more than enough advantages to be used over Vespiquen, but at least the bee has a 4x resistance to Fighting instead of neutrality.

I know Delibird may seem like a fun awesomeness statement, but think about it. All Vespiquen are female, so if you're a huge women's rights activist, this is the Pokemon for you!
    Last edited by jesusfreak94; 28th April 2012 at 4:38 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123