Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Fire Red team?

Question Best Fire Red team?

Im looking to restart my Fire Red and am trying to plan out a team. Help please?

P.S. I will be starting out with BULBASAUR and will be getting Growlithe later. Also, no legendaries.

Banner credit to The Sloth

raise a pidgey,pikachu,abra,magicarp,growlithe and bulbasaur.let them evolve and level them up as high as you can.

for me, venasaur, jolteon, arcanine, gyrados, pidgeot, and rhydon( after u beat the game Change rhydon to tyranitar) thats the best team

"Pokeballs are red, water is blue, I came here to search for you and I will catch you!"
    ~brendan25

Current Team in Pokemon Y:

3DS FC: 2895-7891-8754

This is my planned team for my Fr team,

Venusaur
    Pidgeot
    Nidoking
    Arcanine
    Jolteon
    Cloyster

The best team, is the team you would enjoy the most in playing (that is ingame then)
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

I've been wondering this, too.
    I have this so far

OT: If anything you might wanna get some kind of electirc type to get rid of those flying types, and a water to get rid of the fire, then usually a sweeper like gengar,tank like Snorlax (Don't know if thats considered 'Legendary")

There's no "best" team. Personally, I plan on using Venusaur, Starmie (or in your case, since you're using FireRed, Cloyster), Ninetales (which you can swap for Arcanine), Snorlax, Dragonite, and Dodrio.

The most recent team I used was -

Blastoise
    Nidoqueen
    Jolteon
    Dragonair
    Nidoking
    Exeggutor
    Aerodactyl
    Rapidash
    Pikachu
    --- These are the main Pokemon I was rotating with throughout my journey..

But in general I would advise Blastoise, Dragonite, Nidoqueen/king, Magmar, Aerodactyl, Lapras - there's so much to use in this game, just pick something that works synergetically :]
    *Hoenn is where the start is*

Quote Originally Posted by Kall El View Post
    The most recent team I used was -

Blastoise
    Nidoqueen
    Jolteon
    Dragonair
    Nidoking
    Exeggutor
    Aerodactyl
    Rapidash
    Pikachu
    --- These are the main Pokemon I was rotating with throughout my journey..

But in general I would advise Blastoise, Dragonite, Nidoqueen/king, Magmar, Aerodactyl, Lapras - there's so much to use in this game, just pick something that works synergetically :]
    Its FireRed, you cant catch a Magmar without trading
    I AM NERDZ! YOU SHALL OBEY ME OR FACE THE CONSEQUENCES!

Quote Originally Posted by "Spite" DefaultAsAwesome View Post
    There's no "best" team. Personally, I plan on using Venusaur, Starmie (or in your case, since you're using FireRed, Cloyster), Ninetales (which you can swap for Arcanine), Snorlax, Dragonite, and Dodrio.
    Ninetales is in Leafgreen
    I AM NERDZ! YOU SHALL OBEY ME OR FACE THE CONSEQUENCES!

Venasaur

Vaporeon

Weezing

Mr. Mime

Hitmonlee

Arcanine

I tired to suggest some unique but still good Pokes. Probably "UU" for most of them.

Venusaur Arcanine Pidegot Lapras Snorlax (key members and first 2 can be changed depending on your starter) then you have your free choice which could be Electabuzz Ditto a Hitmon or anything
    These two songs describe me well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58QOBqAWNzE (Top Gun- Danger zone)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osuhlptx0J8 (Rascal Flatts- Life is a Highway)

this is a link to a guide I made on another forum 0_o
    http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=1100410

It depends on what you are going for... Fastest clear time? Best meta-game pokemon? My favorite is Bulbasaur, but in game, Charmander is better, and even if I am going to go for the best meta-game pokemon, I would still have to recommend Charmander, because of Suicune. If you are bent on a no-legendary, Bulbasaur run, I would end up with:
    Venusaur
    Nidoking (higher offensive stats than Nidoqueen)
    Tentacruel/Lapras/Starmie (LeafGreen only)
    Arcanine (Rapidash if playing LeafGreen)
    Alakazam/Mr. Mime (recover vs. screens)
    Dragonite/Tyranitar (late-game heavy hitters)
    Chespin is mine when I get Pokemon X

Heart Gold OU:

in start select charmander(starter, can defeat brock as charmeleon metal claw-evolve him to charizard), pidgey(evolve him to pidgeot), pikachu(i caught him in viridian forest accidentally he apeared, made him evolve in raichu on lvl 56), nidoran(male,evolve him to nidoking),abra(evolve him to kadabra at 36lvl believe me it had inaf power to wipe out saffron city gym) and the last one is magikarp(water pokemon, evolve him to geridos-(start a battle with him against some pokemon or trainer but quickly change it to someone else to gain experiance)-------> that pokemon i used to conquer elite 4 and pokemon league and catch mewtwo, also try to catch as much as pokemon as you can (they will come to use)

My FireRed team is Charizard, Primeape, Arbok, Gyarados, Rhydon, Electabuzz. The fact that there was no physical/special split yet hurt Gyarados, but it's still great and its Hyper Beam wrecks everything. Arbok's stats are kind of mediocre but it has decent attack and it can be good if you invest the right TMs into it (Oh, how I wish reusable TMs were around in this game, so many members of my team could have used Earthquake). I was surprised how good Electabuzz was and it made me wonder why they gave it an evolution in the next generation, but I guess they just did that to make it more usable in Gen IV because of the physical/special split and new moves that were introduced. Charizard and Primeape wreck almost everything, and Rhydon you have to put in the right situations, but when you do, nothing stands in its way. Also, how unnecessary was Rhyperior? It's the exact same thing as Rhydon. It got minor boosts in every stat except speed, but it's still basically the same thing.

You should make a team with the Elite Four and Champion in mind, and pick Pokemon which are both strong enough, and learn SE moves without having to use one-off TMs.

These are the E4 teams:

Lorelei - supposed to be Ice but in practice has a lot of part water types. Weak to Electric, fighting.

Bruno - Fighting and rock/ground. Weak to psychic, water, grass, flying.

Agatha: Poison/ghost. Weak to psychic and dark.

Lance: Dragon, weak to Ice and dragon.

Gary: Various.

These are some recommended Pokemon:

Lapras: Has surf and Ice beam, good against Bruno and Lance. (Vaporeon functions similarly).

Kadabra: Psychic type, good against Bruno and Agatha but can't take any Shadow Balls.

Jolteon: Has thunderbolt, and double kick which is good against Lorelei and some of Bruno's Pokemon. It also has Bite/Crunch which is good against Agatha.

Clefable: Doesn't have very good level up moves, but can learn Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball, and Ice Beam from TMs which you can purchase from the Game Corner (for a lot of in-game money).

Starmie: Similiar to Clefable in that it can learn a lot of good purchasable TM moves: Thunderbolt, Psychic, Shadow ball, and can also learn Surf from the HM.

Visit my Youtube Channel

Pokemon Y: Name: Yoda FC: 0001-3341-1988

Quote Originally Posted by DarthVader
    You may dispense with the pleasantries Commander; I am here to put you back on schedule.

My team is;
    Tyranitar:Thunderbolt,Earthquake,Rock Slide,Crunch
    Aerodactyl: Fly,Hyper Beam,Accient Power,Dragon Claw
    Dragonite: Outrage,Ice Beam,Flame Thrower,Thunder bolt
    Venusaur: Frenzy Plant,Sludge Bomb,Strengh,Razor Leaf
    Lapras:Blizzard,Surf,Perish Song,Hydro Pump
    Pikachu:Iron Tail,Thunder,Thunder bolt,Quick Attack
    My team maybe isn't very good.

The team i recommend mostly is the following -

Charizard
    Raichu
    Lapras
    Victreebel (It's movepool is terrible, but it's quite a decent Special Attacker. Quite good when you teach it Giga Drain.) Can replace with Exeggutor.
    Dragonite (OU, but a really good late-game hard hitter.)
    Nidoking / Clefable / Alakazam (Nidoking is a great early game Physical Attacker, Clefable doesn't really shine in it's stats but they are half-decent. But Clefable has a great movepool like most normal types. And Alakazam is really great Special Attacker in any point in the game. You can also switch this with Exeggutor.) You can also use Pidgeot.
    Pidgeot is my favourite Pokemon, it's Speed is good, and it can hit surprisingly hard with Fly because of it's decent attack and STAB.

Well my team when I beat the Elite Four today was

Chansey: Fire Blast|Softboiled|Egg Bomb|Thunderbolt. She can tank Lorelei's team.
    Dragonite: Sure|Outrage|Slam|Wing Attack - Wing attack and surf can kill Bruno's team easily.
    Raichu: Thundershock|Strength|Thubderbolt|Mega Punch - I used Raichu usually to finish off water or flying pokemon. Since my Raichu was lvl51, while Chansey was 69. And Dragonite was 62.
    Pidgeot*: Wing Attack| Gust|Agility|Fly - Used in the same matter as my Raichu. Just finished off whoever
    Alakazam:Psybeam|Psychic|Flash|Trick (You can use a Kadabra, but you'll have too train it more than usual I guess)
    Marowak: Strength|Bonemerang|??? <Forgot, and replaced>|False Swipe - Okay I didn't use him to battle. He was just in case I needed to revive someone.

I would go with:
    Venasaur
    Arcanine
    Lapras
    Dragonite
    Snorlax
    Dugtrio
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

For my team i used Nidoking, butterfree, charizard, snorlax, and lapras. works perfectly fine

I haven't played FireRed in a long time, but this is my latest team in the game.

-Charizard
    -Tentacruel
    -Primeape
    -Exeggutor
    -Rhydon
    -Jolteon

If I started with Bulbasaur, I think this would be my team

-Venusaur
    -Arcanine
    -Pidgeot
    -Jolteon
    -Rhydon
    -Lapras or Cloyster

This is a little ridiculous, but if you want to duo the entire game, it's easily doable with Dugtrio + Venusaur. Just if you're interested in something like that.

What would someone recommend for a newbie's team? I am starting on Fire Red tonight.
    28th June is the international CAPS lock day!
    We have just opened our new, fast, GFX friendly forum. Please come and join in the fun at the PokeVillage.
    First 50 get a special gift.
    *Moderator Vacancies*

^ Night Fighter

It would be Blastoise, Dragonite, Gengar, Snorlax, Alakazam and Machamp. Though not all people can trade.

My Best FireRed Team Was :

-Charizard
    -Electabuzz
    -Lapras
    -Heracross
    -Snorlax
    -Tyranitar

With Venusaur It Was :

-Venusaur
    -Pidgeot
    -Magneton
    -Arcanine
    -Gyarados
    -Tyranitar

Hope This Helps.
    Last edited by Pokemon1998Ash; 14th May 2013 at 9:16 AM.

Credit to Wulava for the Artwork. Thanks so much ^_^

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast