Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 119

Thread: A Restoration Confrontation! (Part 2) (737

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ben_pokemon View Post
    Angry, annoyed, irritated, pissed, furious and many other things all at once.

    Ash yells stop and Team Rocket stop to have a battle with him? Seriously? Are you f-ing retarded? YOU HAD THE DOOR TO THE ANCIENT DOOR OPENED! WHY THE HELL DID YOU JUST NOT GO THROUGH THE DOOR? DID YOU ACTUALLY THINK YOU HAD A CHANCE AGAINST ASH?

    Ugh.

    Team Rocket is completely and utterly retarded. Waste of an episode, seriously.
    I don't think going through the "door" would have really done anything, Ash and the others would have just followed and end up kicking them out of the world.


    I saw the pictures, look interesting enough to me.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Fight Area
    Posts
    1,685

    Default

    Wait so now in the future/present, that same turtle could be revived again if they find it as a Carracosta fossil! Its like the anime equivalent of the link cable cloning glitch!!
    Team Shut-down
    Pokemon X Friend Code: 4270-1529-9156. Please feel free to add me for Battles, Trades and Friend Safari (Dark Type: Pawniard, Sandile & Inkay).
    STOP SENDING ME FROAKIE VIA WONDER TRADE!

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Distant Valhalla
    Posts
    8,179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    I don't think going through the "door" would have really done anything, Ash and the others would have just followed and end up kicking them out of the world.
    But we don't know that, do we? What bothers me the most is that TR stopped when Ash told 'em to stop! -.-

    Are they villains or what?


  4. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ben_pokemon View Post
    But we don't know that, do we? What bothers me the most is that TR stopped when Ash told 'em to stop! -.-

    Are they villains or what?
    Well Ash and the others ended up going through the "door" anyways, I'm sure they wouldn't just stand there and let them go through, they'd go after and make sure they don't cause trouble. Personally, I simply laughed when they stopped, doesn't bother me at all.

    Villains are meant to lose, they can't help what the writers plan to do.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,226

    Default

    And cue all the whiners about Team Rocket failing (when it's obvious they will because that's how the friggin' show works!), because apparently you're only threatening and competant if you always win. Let's ignore all the blatant threatening, competant stuff the TRio and Zager were doing here, no, they lost so that means they're total failures. SIGH.

    Quote Originally Posted by realarcastform View Post
    So... what was the reason for this two-parter?
    Was it really necessary?
    Payoff from previous episodes' build-up, Ash actually meeting Dr. Zager....

    Oh, and to have a nice action/adventure story, but no, I suppose that's not a good enough reason. Heaven forbid we have one of those when we could have episodes devoted to a Pokemon training to learn some new move instead! Honestly, what you people find "exciting and important" and "boring and unneccessary" is all mirrored around......

    Quote Originally Posted by (P.O.K.E.M.O.N.) View Post
    The whole best wishes series is a waste of time
    Wow. The hypocrisy levels are so high right now it's staggering.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Going to agree here even though I didn't dislike(did not enjoy it that much either), from all the two parters this one cold seriously have been done in one episode.
    No, the first part was needed for all the exposition, of which there was alot of (Finding the fossil, Fujio's past with Carricosta, Zager's plan and how it works, etc.)

    Are you seriously saying ONE episode could fit all that in and a big, satisfying battle? Because you're wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    I don't think going through the "door" would have really done anything, Ash and the others would have just followed and end up kicking them out of the world.
    Exactly. Ash and the others were actively in their way and trying to stop them. TR has an obligation to try and finish them off. They knew Ash wasn't going to quit.
    Last edited by AgentPierce; 26th April 2012 at 4:41 PM.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Go away, why do you care?
    Posts
    8,084

    Default

    I haven't seen this episode yet, but one thing does disappoint me. Most two parters are built up over a short period of time so it's not that big of a deal that the actual two parter didn't end up being significant. This on the other hand had been built up since EPISODE 6, I expected more of a payoff.

  7. #32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bisharp View Post
    I wish Team Rocket would take these three Terracostas they caught in their trap for a while. Seriously, they need some wins not only loses =(. How are we supposed to take them seriously.
    I find that they can get a win when their character development curve legitimately has them gain the skills to do so rather than what Best Wishes did with TRio suddenly being no nonsense and competent at their job despite 13+ years saying otherwise. And even then it wouldn't be all the time, just enough to establish them as actual villains.

    Blue likes the Dancing Trpinch so should you.
    If you approve of Black and White's new anime-only lead Iris, put this in your sig(started by TrainerOfLegend)

  8. #33

    Default

    I liked the whole idea of this episode, and all of the TR plots leading up to this, but at the moment the images really seem a huge let down and im not the only one.

    I'll wait until i've seen the episode first until i properly judge the episode.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Electivire Addict View Post
    I haven't seen this episode yet, but one thing does disappoint me. Most two parters are built up over a short period of time so it's not that big of a deal that the actual two parter didn't end up being significant. This on the other hand had been built up since EPISODE 6, I expected more of a payoff.
    ....No, it was built up since episode 39.

    They used something obtained in Episode 6 (dream energy), but that was already utilized before in the Meteonite mission, which was what Episode 6 was directly building to.

  10. #35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AgentPierce View Post
    ....No, it was built up since episode 39.

    They used something obtained in Episode 6 (dream energy), but that was already utilized before in the Meteonite mission, which was what Episode 6 was directly building to.
    I suppose you're right to an extent, but at the same time EA is correct since the Dream Energy was used. Without Episode 6, Episode 39 and 77/78 wouldn't have been able to take place.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    I suppose you're right to an extent, but at the same time EA is correct since the Dream Energy was used. Without Episode 6, Episode 39 and 77/78 wouldn't have been able to take place.
    All the same, Episode 6 was not the actual start of this particular plot thread, Episode 39 was. It was built up for a long time, yes, but not as long as back in Episode 6.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,421

    Default

    ...z z z

    I guess I was right to not expect much out of this two parter. It would have been a tiny bit for interesting if something other than Carracosta evolved.



  13. #38
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,600

    Default

    Damn writers, why can't you get fossil related episodes right? And not make them boring?
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

    Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!


  14. #39
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,421

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thebattleforntierash View Post
    Damn writers, why can't you get fossil related episodes right? And not make them boring?
    The Archeops one was not bad. Tranquill had much deserved screentime and was out for the whole episode.



  15. #40
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,226

    Default

    OK, may I ask WHAT about this episode people find "boring"? Is it just because of the (idiotic) backlash against serious Team Rocket? Is it because there were no captures, which this fandom seems to think is the most important thing even though "Gotta Catch 'Em All" is deader than disco? Is it hatred toward Carracosta? Was the battle not good enough?

    I am seriously confused as to how this was boring.
    Last edited by AgentPierce; 26th April 2012 at 6:17 PM.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Distant Valhalla
    Posts
    8,179

    Default

    This episode was useless because it lead to nothing.

    All these events that happened in previous episode, collections stones and energy - everything so we could get THIS? I thought it would turn out to be a piece of a larger plot but yet again - we got another two-parter which changed completely nothing.

    Nothing changed and that's what bothers me the most.


  17. #42
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Dragon Roost Island
    Posts
    5,138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AgentPierce View Post
    OK, may I ask WHAT about this episode people find "boring"? Is it just because of the (idiotic) backlash against serious Team Rocket? Is it because there were no captures, which this fandom seems to think is the most important thing even though "Gotta Catch 'Em All" is deader than disco? Is it hatred toward Carracosta? Was the battle not good enough?

    I am seriously confused as to how this was boring.
    My god, will you get over yourself with Team Rocket and Trip. Not everything is some veiled jab at them.

    It was boring because nothing happend. The plot started forty episodes ago and we got this at the end. The first episode was pretty much just talking and back-story, and then Tirtuoga ran off. Then there was more talking, until we reached the climax battle, which was nothing exceptional as it was really just the same old Team Rocket battle that we've seen since the second episode (well at least it was sort of a tag battle). The whole two-parter just felt very lacklustre and boring for something that had started so long ago.

    People have opinions on episodes, and if you found this exciting, great, post about it here and what not. But there's not need to leap to the defence of the episodes if people found these boring. It's not like the claims are completely wrong or anything (a la after Iris won the don tournament).

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ben_pokemon View Post
    All these events that happened in previous episode, collections stones and energy - everything so we could get THIS? I thought it would turn out to be a piece of a larger plot but yet again - we got another two-parter which changed completely nothing.

    Nothing changed and that's what bothers me the most.
    You honestly expect some big, status-quo shaking change in the Pokemon anime? Sorry, it's not going to happen.

    Yes, all the events were leading to this. Nothing was ever going to change afterward and I'm shocked people actually thought they were.

    And how do you know it ISN'T a piece of a larger plot? Just because Team Rocket failed doesn't mean this won't come up again later or something will come out of it. Ash has met Dr. Zager now, that could be followed up on. And Zager's helicopter is damaged, that could mean something for Team Rocket. You just have to be patient.

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Sapphire Sceptile~ View Post
    My god, will you get over yourself with Team Rocket and Trip. Not everything is some veiled jab at them.
    In this fandom? Yes, it often is.

    Seriously, if this kind of story happened with Pokemon Hunter J or Team Galactic playing the villain back in D/P, I doubt people would complain. But with BW Team Rocket, it's all "boring!" and "nothing changed!" and "this is just the same old stuff" (all of which Team Rocket had certainly not fallen into prior to BW, right? -_-)

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Sapphire Sceptile~ View Post
    The first episode was pretty much just talking and back-story, and then Tirtuoga ran off. Then there was more talking, until we reached the climax battle, which was nothing exceptional as it was really just the same old Team Rocket battle that we've seen since the second episode (well at least it was sort of a tag battle). The whole two-parter just felt very lacklustre and boring for something that had started so long ago.
    1. Unless you speak Japanese, you have no idea what all the talking was about. How can you judge it boring or not? It could be, sure, but we don't know until we have subs.

    2. This sounds more like the problem is the unreasonable expectations of fans. What did they expect to happen; Team Rocket to win and get a prehistoric army? Get real!

    3. It's not as if this was continually built up after it started in Episode 39, as we had the Nimbasa Subway / Meowth arc AND the Milos Island / Kami Trio arc in between the starting point for the build-up and it's continuation at Chargestone Cave in Episode 64. Until then, most people had actually forgotten about it! It shouldn't be that much of a let-down.
    Last edited by AgentPierce; 26th April 2012 at 6:56 PM.

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Distant Valhalla
    Posts
    8,179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AgentPierce View Post
    You honestly expect some big, status-quo shaking change in the Pokemon anime? Sorry, it's not going to happen.
    I was expecting something, even something little. I was expecting a small scene after the end of the episode (when Ash and co. depart and then the scene shifts to Team Rocket foreshadowing their next plan). I was expecting SOMETHING!

    But I didn't get anything and that's disappointing overall. Am I supposed to enjoy these disconnected plots where we all know the outcome?

    Quote Originally Posted by AgentPierce View Post
    And how do you know it ISN'T a piece of a larger plot? Just because Team Rocket failed doesn't mean this won't come up again later or something will come out of it. Ash has met Dr. Zager now, that could be followed up on. And Zager's helicopter is damaged, that could mean something for Team Rocket. You just have to be patient.
    Even I can only be patient for the certain amount of time.


    *sigh*

    A disappointing two-parter. I guess I'll just wait for Team Plasma now ...


  20. #45
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    47,806

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ben_pokemon View Post
    Angry, annoyed, irritated, pissed, furious and many other things all at once.

    Ash yells stop and Team Rocket stop to have a battle with him? Seriously? Are you f-ing retarded? YOU HAD THE DOOR TO THE ANCIENT DOOR OPENED! WHY THE HELL DID YOU JUST NOT GO THROUGH THE DOOR? DID YOU ACTUALLY THINK YOU HAD A CHANCE AGAINST ASH?

    Ugh.

    Team Rocket is completely and utterly retarded. Waste of an episode, seriously.
    I'm glad someone else agrees. I didn't watch the episode, but I could tell just by looking at the pictures that it was a complete waste of time. Like I said a million times in the official thread, Team Rocket is redundant; we could have had the same type of episode, or maybe even something better, without them. They managed to open the portal to the past, but like I expected, it didn't really matter because their plan failed in the end. Nothing happened except that a COTD's Pokemon evolved. If I had to rate this episode, I would give it a 1 out of 10, which is the lowest score I've ever given to an episode.

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AgentPierce View Post
    OK, may I ask WHAT about this episode people find "boring"? Is it just because of the (idiotic) backlash against serious Team Rocket? Is it because there were no captures, which this fandom seems to think is the most important thing even though "Gotta Catch 'Em All" is deader than disco? Is it hatred toward Carracosta? Was the battle not good enough?

    I am seriously confused as to how this was boring.
    Personally, this episode and the other one look fine to me, I haven't actually watched them but I've seen the pictures. I'll have to watch the episodes and know what's being said to really know how I feel about these episodes but from the pictures I know I'm going to enjoy them to some degree.

    I enjoy the Team Rocket two partners since I enjoy seeing Team Rocket.

    Regardless if an evolution/capture/new move is learned/whatever doesn't happen in an episodes I'm not going to hate on it or find it boring or anything, there's more to episodes then those things.

    As it is, Pokemon has different types of episodes; comedic, action, and adventuress to be the most common ones, so long as I find an episode funny or action pack or adventuress then I'm satisfied with whatever was shown. I don't think these episodes were meant to be really comedic(The two parters never really were), but they had action and some adventure so it's fine by me.

    I don't think I'm going to love these episodes or anything but I'm sure I'll enjoy it and wont have any harsh comments to say.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ben_pokemon View Post
    Am I supposed to enjoy these disconnected plots where we all know the outcome?
    The outcome's always obvious, it's all that happens before it that I enjoy.

    And again, we have no idea if these plots are going to remain disconnected, as we have no idea what Team Rocket will do in the future or how they'll be wrapped up at the end of BW. Nobody expected the Dream Energy gathered for the Meteonite mission to come back into play, but it did. Hell, nobody really expected Dr. Zager, introduced toward the end of the Meteonite mission, to have such an increased role, but he has. Things that transpired here just might be referenced or have bearing in the future, we just have to wait and see.

    Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    Like I said a million times in the official thread, Team Rocket is redundant; we could have had the same type of episode, or maybe even something better, without them.
    Right, and they clearly were not at all redundant in the hundreds and hundreds of episodes before they became serious and stopped appearing regularly.

    Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    Regardless if an evolution/capture/new move is learned/whatever doesn't happen in an episodes I'm not going to hate on it or find it boring or anything, there's more to episodes then those things.
    THANK YOU. Finally, someone GETS it. I'm sick of fans thinking episodes have to play out like a Let's Play of the Pokemon games, where a Pokemon gets captured or levels up or evolves or something. Sometimes, it's nice to see a cartoon be a freaking cartoon and have a good action/adventure story like this one (or a comedic one, like some derided "fillers".)
    Last edited by AgentPierce; 26th April 2012 at 7:21 PM.

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    11,241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AgentPierce View Post
    OK, may I ask WHAT about this episode people find "boring"? Is it just because of the (idiotic) backlash against serious Team Rocket? Is it because there were no captures, which this fandom seems to think is the most important thing even though "Gotta Catch 'Em All" is deader than disco? Is it hatred toward Carracosta? Was the battle not good enough?

    I am seriously confused as to how this was boring.
    Its because this seriously didn't need to be a two-parter. All it was is another Team Rocket-centric filler that we've been accustomed to since Johto.

    Formula:
    1. Team Rocket have a plan to steal pokemon X for reason Y - Ash and co. conveniently meet Pokemon X (and sometimes its trainer also)
    2. Team Rocket make up some devious plan to capture pokemon X that fails
    3. They then have to resort to taking it by force and show how pathetically weak their pokemon are compared to the main group's
    4. Pokemon X aids in preventing its capture somehow and the battle ends most often with a Thunderbolt from Pikachu
    5. Happy ending for Pokemon X

    If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

  24. #49
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,959

    Default

    The thing that bugs me is that they were once again sooo close to succeeding.

    But people are being way too harsh. There are fillers that have less in them than this episode. Gym Battle and Contest losses could also be called redundant.

        Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    708

    Default

    I'm amazed with how sudden a fossil pokemon can get an evolution. It has to be something in the water lol

    As for the episode: not so bad... but not so good. This entire arc felt a bit... weak when compared to the previous ones. The episode itself was fine, but didn't convince me as a two parter.

    As for the bright side, I did enjoy the double battle against Team Rocket and the ending was nice.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •