Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are your thoughts on the minigames?

Default What are your thoughts on the minigames?

Title says it all. Give me your opinions on the minigames in Pokemon.

To start off, I loved the musical in B/W. It was just so fabulous and adorable to see a Nidoking dressed in a hula skirt and a blue bow dance and sing along with other Pokemon! I found it to be one of the highohgodwhatamidoing

On a more serious and less emasculating note, I found the Voltorb Flip game really fun. I hate how it replaced the option to purchase coins, though.

The minigames are okay. I don't play them a lot though. I find them pointless.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

I absolutely LOVE every minigame included in HGSS, especially the Voltorb Flip. Now that I've finally become a Legendary PokeAthlete or whatever you call it as well as everything else, I really only go back to my HG to play Voltorb Flip. That game is so addicting.

Contests are nice as well - not as good as Pokeathlons, but the next best thing.

I kinda enjoyed the musical. I prefer to play at the Celadon Corner in my Firered though. Much more fun..
    3DS: 1779-0094-0137

Source of images

I find the minigames entertaining. I especially like using my main pokemon team in the main series games. Other ones, like the games in pokemon stadium, are just as fun (and quite frankly, I miss playing them sometimes).

| survival project |
    | this trainer is different. everyone knows it, but no one can explain it. |
    | complete |

| flying in the dark |
    | he's hiding something. she just doesn't know it. |
    | on hiatus|

| love and other nightmares |
    | limited time, limited abilities. kyurem says she can be cured in exchange for saving those who need saving. |
    | chapter 1 released |

I like the minigames on the handhelds. They're fun and challenging, but I sometimes I wish they were a bit longer.

The ones on the wii? Not so much. I'd rather have an RPG like XD personally.

My favorite minigames are the ones from Pokémon Stadium and Pokémon Stadium 2. My most favorite is probably Topsy-Turvy from Pokémon Stadium 2.
    This is a battle. Of course it's gonna be unfair. That which is called 'battle' was a monster originally born of unfairness and intolerance. I can't stand that guy. I can beat that guy. I can't forgive that guy. We make enemies for all sorts of reasons, and from the moment you make an enemy, until one of you draws his last breath - you're in a battle.

Music

I liked the heart gold/soul silver Olympics thing. They were actually fun.

I play the minigames, they are all right but they should include more in them so they can be better

They're quite good, but not as much as the main series.

Credit to Riataro from EGC

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

I really like Super Contests. I love dressing my Pokemon up! The dance and performance rounds are also fun.
    Planned ORAS Team

I like them mini games, especially the Pokéathlon and the Pokémon Contests.

The occasional good mini game is find but when the games have ten of them and they aren't even good then it's bad, AKA D/P/P.
    "Getting pride from simply being part of a group is stupid. Especially when anybody can join said group."

I like most of the mini games. Voltorb Flip is very addicting. I think my favourite, though, would be the frickin' POKETHLON. LOVE that. <3 It's just so EPIC.
    "When the first baby laughed for the first time, the laugh broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies."
    - James Matthew Barrie (Peter Pan)

If I could give a suggestion, How about applying a couple mechanics from the spin offs? but all of all, its okay
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

The HG/SS mini games are epic. I spent at least an hour doing Voltorb Flip once
    SIGNATURE? AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR DAT

3DS FC: 3883-4931-5047
    Ground FS: Camerupt, Phanpy and Diggersby. If you want to add me, VM me and tell me what's in your FS.

If you count Dream World ones, I particularly like the Pelipper one, just... because. But I have to say that it sucks when your computer lags when you're playing the game. I hate it when that happens.

Also, I still enjoy the Wi-fi Plaza. I think I'm like the only one who still does, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Flame Mistress View Post
    I think I'm like the only one who still does, haha.
    No, you're not. :P

Anyway, I liked the 3rd gen contests, and the 4th gen ones to an extent. Also, the Veilstone Game Corner was surprisingly fun, if that counts. :P I also really enjoyed the Pokeathlon (spelling?).

The Musicals were okay, but they weren't as fun as I had first hoped. :< And all of the Dream World games get tiring after a while. and i never ever want to play that damn sableye game again.

My Friend Safari is Light type.

I rarely even tried the minigames.. I didn't really enjoy them

I love them, usually. Contests were great, both gens of them. I loved the HGSS mini-games as well. Dream World games are okay but...they get repetitive after a while. Musicals are not involved enough for me.

Does Trozei count as a minigame?

I find it oddly addicting and frustrating at the same time. I did try the Pokeathlon finally awhile ago, and it was kind of fun too. But like someone else mentioned, the minigames from Pokemon Stadium are my favorites. I like the Lickitung sushi eating and the Delibird delivery ones the most.

It's a mixture of like and dislike for me. I found the Pokeathlon to be quite fun for instance, and I've often liked playing the slots (or in HGSS' case, Voltorb Flip) at the Game Corner. I've also liked RSE's contest but the additional segments in DP's 'super' contests were less likeable and the musicals were downright poor unless with a group of friends, and even then only when you're trying to make the most ridiculous outfits.

Dream World's are okay at first but they don't have a great lasting appeal.

Also Stadium's were pretty good fun. =p

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: The Coffee Guy's Rants: Remakes! He doesn't like them.
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

I only liked Stadium 1&2's minigames

The rest were garbage in my opinion. they were more like chores than minigames
    oopsie

The Voltorb Flip game was alright, but other than that, I really don't like them.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshiki View Post
    The Voltorb Flip game was alright, but other than that, I really don't like them.
    I actually enjoyed Voltorb-Flip a lot. Very addicting, easy to learn, hard to master. RSE Contests were neat and fun (sometimes), and the Pokethlon was.. decent. Musicals f'n suck though.
    Pkmn W: 3181 5617 3649
    Pkmn W2: 1464 4040 1673
    [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/rbijc4.jpg[/IMG]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast