Page 11 of 294 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Sky

I don't pay attention to how people stay connected to serebii, but we are tradin thankfully. Very few of my teams get rmts because I have notebooks full of teams (my current one in the making is an anti uu team lol)

^You ever have that moment you realize you forgot to give credit? Sorry Irra!!^

I just know because he complained about it in the past. Sorry to give away parts of your team. Don't worry though Darklord doesn't have the resources (Hopefully) to change his team to counter yours.

News about the tourny; I believe Thedarklord has the right to say it, not me
    Last edited by Dragonicwari; 15th June 2012 at 3:06 AM.

Does anyone need me to put up a prize? I've got some good scythers.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

6-0'd. i win. how could you lose note? so, i face whoever wins in loser tier?

I believe that is note automatically, it was no contest at all dude

I can attest to that. It was a slaughter, from the sounds of it. Dragon challenged me afterwards and I 6-0'd him with all pokes at full health, using a UU team against his OU one. The battles I had against you made the one I had with dragon look like child's play, note.

EDIT: I'm still wondering how on earth you could've lost man.
    Last edited by Psilo; 15th June 2012 at 6:02 AM.

Well to be honest I never realized how bad scrafty walls my team. It has super effective stabs on my dusclops, aggron, umbreon, and claydoll. So he came in a basicaly sub punched and crunched his way to victory against me because I just couldn't touch him and Moxie made it worse. The second match I lost for basically the same reasons but I also misstapped and only sent in 5 of my 6.

They both used a few pokes I didn't know, which just goes to show you; if you don't know what the Pokemon can do, a team of NU's could tear apart a team of ubers. Have I talked with anyone about team boufallant? That team wrecked people

Vatii made a bouffalant team a while back and could kill people with it just because they didn't know what to expect from it. I seriously think that Dragon, Darklord, Psilo, and myself should collaborate on a team together. With Dragon's resources, Psilo's downright skill, Darklords creativity and strokes of brilliance, and my love of everything and anything unexpected and original sets, we would be unstoppable. Just imagine how high we could get on the leaderboards! Ok I am changing this idea from a request into a straight order! We are going to build a team as a clan (please) and it will be great. Is everyone in agreement?

That's fine by me, but I'm finishing up what may be my best team yet (god dang their isn't any Pokemon in the world that fills the shoes of what I need for my 6th pokemon!!!!)

Well first of all it will be a BW OU team, hopefully non-weather. First we need a pokemon that it good but isn't used by anyone so people won't know how to react to it. That will be our signature pokemon. This could also be just a really weird unexpected set on a more used pokemon.

I wont be able to contribute to the team sorry bout that

Quote Originally Posted by viker2 View Post
    I wont be able to contribute to the team sorry bout that
    Why not? We have 3 great battlers that note said (and me lol, but I'm really good at building teams, which compensates for my lack of battling ability) but that doesn't mean that we will see every problem with a team. You may see somethig we miss altogether

Edit; 1) are we making the team on this thread?
    2) Licklicky is an interesting choice. It is fairly bulky and with cloud nine it can ignore weather teams. The largest problem I see is it may lose out on some of its attacks from older gens
    Last edited by Dragonicwari; 16th June 2012 at 4:07 AM.

Yes we are going to make it on this thread. Its not spam because I am not complaining and its my thread =). I actually really like the Lickilicky idea. Cloud Nine is a great ability that would throw any weather team for a loop with ease. I would suggest we make it a bulky special attacker because of Lickilicky's great bulk and huge special movepool. Its base attack is 85 and its base special attack is 80 but that only equates to 10 point differance at lv 100. So what set should we use on it, if thats what we are using?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonicwari View Post
    They both used a few pokes I didn't know, which just goes to show you; if you don't know what the Pokemon can do, a team of NU's could tear apart a team of ubers. Have I talked with anyone about team boufallant? That team wrecked people
    you talked to me about it, and it was amazing. i have a healthy respect for him now that he wrecked my ru team on PS!

anyway, im in aggreement on the team. if were going to make a team though, ive always found it easier based off a central theme, trick room for example. or drought. or gravity. i personally would like a gimmick team. rotom-s and air balloon is a great combo. its electric after all! lol.

some ideas though:

hindenburg drifblim
    ddance crawdaunt- great STABS, when set up wrecks ****
    - a certain clefable
    - my mixed wallbreaking jirachi
    - kyurem

any pokemon you are interested in, ill pm you a set. my rachi set is a little off the wall though.

I second Ddance Crawdaunt.

Also calm Ampharos with rest/cotton guard/charge beam/HP ice.

But you guys do realize your posting new move sets on a public forum right? Doesn't do much for maintaining the element of surprise.
    Last edited by Psilo; 16th June 2012 at 5:31 PM.

how about a gravity team. I saw it in use on Psilo's team and it just wrecked mine completely! I like the Ddance Crawdaunt as well and I have a crawdaunt that I have used to some effectiveness myself, so its definitely a good choice in my opinion. I would imagine we want it to have adaptability as its ability. I think it should have superpower too. How about this set.

Dragondaunt
    Item: Leftovers
    Nature: Adamant
    Substitute
    Dragon Dance
    Superpower
    Crabhammer
    Ev's: 252 attack, 252 speed/hp, 4 special defense

I'm not sure weather to invest in speed or hp. We aren't really going to outspeed much with 55 base speed but we can try, on the other hand with a weird base hp at 63 and 85/55 defenses we could use the bulk to compliment our passable defense stat, the last four have to go into special defense though because it is pitiful and grass and electric attacks will kill us with ease. I wish we could use my Counter focus sash fighting lure set that I use on mine but counter is incompatable with adaptability.

I third ddance crawdaunt. Maybe abomasnow to mess with weather teams too.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Na if we used crawdaunt and Abomasnow together that gives us two fighting weaknesses that we don't really need. Fighting type moves are rather prevelent to take care of the multitude of Steels in OU. But from the sounds of it we are all decided on Ddance Crawdaunt. Now what is its set going to be? And should we run waterfall or crabhammer. Waterfall is less powerful but has better accuracy and a chance to flinch which is nice, but crabhammer is more power full and because of adaptability the difference in base power is noticeable, a 160 base power compared to a 180 base power is signifigant in their power output. So which one? Also should we just run two attacks Ddance and a support move or should we jump for the better coverage option in Superpower while leaving ourselves open to more attacks that would be covered by, oh lets say substitute? Also should we invest in attack and speed or make it a defensive set and use dragon dance as our only method of damage, making us do less damage in the short term while making us take hits better. I relize there are a lot of questions here but we need to consider them when making this team. Every detail must be addressed.

I'd switch out crab hammer for waterfall. The 10% drop in accuracy really isn't worth the extra 6.25% chance of a crit and 10 increase in base power. Plus you get the boost from adaptability on STAB moves...so waterfall will be plenty powerful. You also have that 20% flinch rate, which is always nice.

Anyone else for waterfall or crabhammer? I personally vote Crabhammer for the 20 base power boost. But Psilo makes some valid points so its still up for debate.

Waterfall. I notoriouslymiss with almost perfect accuracy moves so I'd rather use waterfall. That, sub, and a filler. Hmmm..... Which type synergises best with water? Can't be fighting, or we get walled by jelly.

Yeah, in this case I wouldn't sacrifice accuracy for power.....especially if we're running a full-on offensive set. Nothing sucks more than having a move miss on you in the end, thereby losing you the battle.

I'd go with the offensive set for Crawdaunt. Either way, it doesn't stand much of a chance in OU. Neither does Lickilicky, unless it's used solely for support.

Oh, and crunch would be good for facing up against jelly. It'd also get that stab/adaptability benefit.

Page 11 of 294 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast