Page 12 of 294 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Sky

you would want crunch for sure to get the boost from adaptability. But I know that with superpower it has great coverage in crunch. Dark and Fighting gives you great coverage. Hahahaha you know when Superpower is the move that has the least base power in your set your making something really cool. But I love the Ddance substitute combo so I'm not sure which one to use!

Whether or not crunch or sub is better comes down to circumstance. That's why I don't like giving advice on these things. There's no such thing as a perfect set. What does well in one atmosphere may bite the dust in another. It's ALL relative. The other 'mons we include on the team will also come into play in deciding which would be better.

It's an exercise in futility to strive to create the perfect team. That's part of why I change things up so much.

ok then we will leave that for anther time. Who else should we have as a member. We need a good hazard setter for sure. And I personally love having wish support to work with and I've had great luck using my umbreon with healbell and wish. Not to say that we are going to use umbreon but I would like to have a wish passer with either heal bell or aromatherapy.

Aerodactyl sets up rocks very well. And for wish support, I like clefable when a pink blob isn't availible.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

I personally do like Aerodactyl as a stealth rocker and a taunt user. It is a great lead that can come in and use taunt on the other setter and then set up rocks on the switch. You also have great support moves with whirlwind and Toxic. Imagine a fast Toxic user! You come in and taunt the other lead and then use stealth rocks on the switch. Then you toxic the switch in because you will no doubt be faster then it. That sounds like a fun set. Any other suggestions?

Lickilicky is good for wish support as well as canceling out weather. Aerodactyl is pretty frail though. I'd say foretress over aerodactyl for rocks since it's bulky. You can also carry spikes and rapid spin on the same set......so you have multiple hazards as well as a way to get rid of them.

Dactyl certainly serves its purpose though, as note demonstrated. Again, it's ALL circumstantial.

The only probelm with that is that Wish/healbell and cloudnine are not compatable on Lickilicky so that wouldn't work. The issue I have with Fortress is the load of fire type moves in OU to kill it, Ferrothorn and Scizor. It almost always forces a switch on our part if we use Fortress to set up hazards because the opponent will always swap to something with a fire type move to counter. I personally vote for Aerodactyl on this one.

Ah, yeah. Wish was only available through event. I was thinking it was a breedable move. I knew that heal bell wasn't available at all, though. So I meant that we would've had to sacrifice that. Here's the thing with Forretress, though. You set rocks up on your opponents switch into a fire type and then switch into a water type.....then he'll be hesitant to switch out, due to rocks since they damage fire types pretty heavily. You could easily take any threat to Foretress out and still have him at full health if you play smart. Then you switch him in again at your next opportunity and set more hazards up. You can't really do that with Aerodactyl. Plus it's always nice to have a spinner.

This is why I'm saying it's all circumstantial man. There's always a way to play around that which could work to your advantage though. I thought I'd demonstrated that in the battles I've had against you. Problem with Dactyl is that it's frail. I'd only use him if we were also needing tail wind support.
    Last edited by Psilo; 16th June 2012 at 8:32 PM.

Aerodactyl @Leftovers
    Jolly
    Pressure
    252Hp 120Atk, 136Spe
    -Stealth Rock
    -Taunt/Roost/Crunch/Stone Edge
    -Toxic/Roost/Stone Edge/Crunch
    -Earthquake/Crunch/Stone Edge
    136 Speed values lets 'dactyl outspeed all base speed 115 and lower pokemon. 252Hp gives it some bulk, and the rest go into attack to hit a little harder, although they could go into sp.def to help it take some special hits.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Well why can't we use both? But having two stealth rock setters will throw everyone off for sure. They will kill aerodactyl and then assume we don't have any more rocks users and try and use a fire type if they have a spinner. This will make them risk their spinner more easily so that it can be KOed. With the two most prevelent spinners in the tier being weak to Crawdaunts stabs it shouldn't be that hard to finish them off (Those two being starmie and donphan) then we can swap into fortress and set up with impunity before swapping back to a water type as you suggest. Plus both Aerodactyl and Fortress have good synergy with Crawdaunt and each other. Does that sound acceptable?

What do we need now, other then a spinner? Speaking of which:

Claydol @Lefties
    Bold
    248Hp, 132Def, 128Sp.Def
    -Stealth Rock
    -Rapid Spin
    -Earth Power
    -Ice Beam/Psychic/Flash
    Bulky dol, spins and sets up rocks, I used one that had ice beam as its attacking move, with flash to p.o. people. Worked pretty well.

Forry is great. I prefer ferro, though.

I have to vote down Claydoll. I use it on my UU team and it really doesn't do much of anything to help. It is much more frail then its stats would imply and has the horrible addition of being a horrible defensive typing, being weak to grass, water, dark, bug, and ghost type moves. No to the claydoll. Yes to Fortress and Aerodactyl combo.

Everything thing that's been suggested sounds acceptable. But there's always a counter. Jolteon with HP fire. Outspeeds all of those, would likely OHKO that Aerodactyl set (unless sashed) and Crawdaunt with a t-bolt, and would definitely knock down Foretress (sturdy) to 1 with HP fire. HP fire is pretty uncommon with jolteon, but it's not unheard of.

I think that we could risk that and run Earthquake and Focus Sash on Aerodactyl to counter-counter that chance, no matter how slim. Earthquake would also be a nice move for coverage and it doesn't matter that it can't hit levitate and flying types because he would be a rocks set up and possible toxic use and then would leave anyways.

I'm just gonna shut my mouth here. I should take heed to what I stated earlier; everything has a counter. For that reason, I should just focus on what this set could be good for, instead of how it could be beaten. I'll save considering how my team can be defeated for actual battles, where it benefits me. I'd forgotten you don't have to focus on that in the same way that you do when you're battling. Was in the wrong mindset.

Nice suggestions.

I'm not sure how to take that. But this will be an active team so any problems we run into when it is done will be able to be acounted for in move or pokemon changes. So I guess that means we will be running Fortress and Crawdaunt for sure, maybe aerodactyl but we need more people voting so its not just ghosts and me voting. Come on guys help us out!

Lol. I was just reminding myself that theorizing and actually battling were two different things. Aerodactyl was a good suggestion, it could work.

well I guess because 5 people are voting that 3 is a majority so for now Aerodactyl is in. Ok so that's three members down and we have two stealth rocks setters, a general hazard setter and spinner, a physical surprise sweeper, and a fast taunt and toxic user, as well as a possible phazer if we choose whirlwind over toxic. So what do we need now? A special attacker possibly, a cleric or healer, maybe a revenge killer, what do you guys suggest?

This place seems 'quiet' without new recruits...

Well now that we are officially a "hot topic" post we aren't getting many new recruits because we are not yet one of the giant clans that people join, nor are we a new clan that would have openings in higher up positions that will draw in people who want to be large parts of clans. So right now we have hit a slow point in our team's life. But it is just something we will have to deal with for now. It will pass with time =)

note, you never got back to me on my ideas bro. the ranks giving special privileges might bring in more people, and motivate some to participate more

Oh, I should be Vibrava rank now.

Hey guys I will get all of this done as soon as possible. I am really busy right now with a class I am taking over the summer and am going to be rather busy with that for awhile. But I will do my best to stay on top of it. I asked you darklord what your ideas were for the ranking but you never got back to me....... I think there was a communication problem there.

It would help if we had the team with their movesets, so far we have;

Crawdaunt (I completely missed this discussion)
    Aerodactyl
    Forretress

I want to suggest gliscor since we are fighting type weak, however that would make us ice weak, so instead;

Reuniclus @ leftovers/ life orb
    Magic guard (or whatever it is called)
    Bold
    252 hp/ 252 def
    Calm mind
    Recover
    Psyshock / hp dark
    Focus blast/ hp fighting

This gives us our first special attacker and it is a great tank

^You ever have that moment you realize you forgot to give credit? Sorry Irra!!^

Page 12 of 294 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast