Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokédex Entry Contest V4

Default Pokédex Entry Contest V4

Welcome to the Pokédex Entry Contest. Apparently there have been three of these already, but the only one I could find was the third one, started by CorkaCola. Apparently there was a previous version by Sunraichu as well. But my rules will be slightly different.

Each round, I will post one Pokemon, and people will create entries for it. At the end, I'll add the best entries into three Pokédexes in the OP.

Here is the golden rule of this thread:

Your entries should not be too long or too short. Careful, I may not accept your entry if it's any longer than this line of text that you are reading right now.

^When I say it must be shorter than the above sentence, I mean the physical length of the sentence, not the number of words or anything like that. If you want, you can copy and paste the above line to compare it side-by-side with your entry before you post it.

Also, the maximum font size is 5. Don't go over it.

There is no limit to how many you can enter, but please don't go overboard.

In your post with your entries, you may also make one suggestion for a Pokémon to be in the next round. I will then choose the Pokémon to be in the next set from the list of suggestions made. The winners of the round get priority, so I will choose the next Pokémon from the winners' suggestions, but I will look at non-winners' suggestions if none of the winners made any. If you post more than one suggestion per round, I will only look at your first one, and I will ignore the rest.

If you don't submit any entries, you can still make a suggestion in that round, but people who actually submit entries get priority. If you make a suggestion without submitting an entry, I will only look at yours if I didn't get any suggestions from people who submitted.

There will be a Regular Pokédex, a Funny Pokédex, and a WTF Pokédex. At the end, there will be three winning entries, one per Pokédex. They will be added to the Pokédexes in the OP.

I will also include leaderboards in the OP. One Per Pokédex, and one overall leaderboard.

In addition, if you manage to win in all three categories in one round, then you score a Perfect Game. This is a very prestigious honor and the Hall of Fame will be included in this post.

Spoiler:- Regular Pokédex:

Spoiler:- Funny Pokédex:

Spoiler:- WTF Pokédex:

Spoiler:- Perfect Game Hall of Fame:

Spoiler:- Overall Leaderboard:
    Last edited by {(•)___(•)}; 14th January 2013 at 9:07 AM.
    3DS Friend Code: 2793-0629-6270
    Friend Safari:
    My Shinies:

I can breed any breedable Pokémon you want with any nature/egg moves and up to 5 perfect IVs. I can also EV train and/or give it Pokerus. I can't breed shinies, 6 IVs, or specific Pokéballs. The harder the request, the better Pokémon I'm gonna want in return. PM me with requests and offers.

SQUIRTLE: Squirtle, the turtle pokemon. Squirtle is physiclly a water park.
    Squirtle, the LOLFAIL pokemon. It is called the love failure.
    Last edited by Nightfall_; 29th April 2012 at 12:45 PM.
    EPIC SIG HERE

Bulbasaur, the grass Pokemon. It's green color helps it adapt to grass habitats and it's ability, Overgrowth.
    Bulbasaur, the drink Pokemon. It is said to learn a move once every time it gets drunk.
    Bulbasaur, the fire Pokemon. It's totally original type lets it use fire moves for a WTF look on watcher'a faces.
    Charmander, the chameleon Pokemon. It has a fiery tail and is BOSS like that.
    Charmander, the ??? Pokemon. It likes to do random stuff like give itself Poledex entries(this is SO not one of them).
    Squirtle, the squirt Pokemon. It's very young attitude(Oshawott reference) makes it act funny at times.

~Credits to myself~

Yay, approved! I'm excited to see what kinds of entries we get.
    Friend Safari:
    My Shinies:

I can breed any breedable Pokémon you want with any nature/egg moves and up to 5 perfect IVs. I can also EV train and/or give it Pokerus. I can't breed shinies, 6 IVs, or specific Pokéballs. The harder the request, the better Pokémon I'm gonna want in return. PM me with requests and offers.

Bulbasaur: Bulbasaur seeks out rest in the most verdant gardens. It awaits the blooming of its bulb.
    Charmander: The fire on its tail has been passed down through generations. It receives this light from an elder.
    Squirtle: It is said that even from birth, Squirtle can quench the fiercest of fires by drawing power from deep within its shell.

Bulbasaur the Bulb Pokemon, opposed to it's relatives it has an ungrowing plant on it's back. Despite popular belief, it is actually a Fungus that plagues the family and eats away at it's energy.

Charmander the Screaming Pokemon, Charmander screams at everyone by going CHARMANDER!!!!!!!!!!! everywhere he goes.

Squirtle the Cool Pokemon. Squirtle can be seen wearing very cool sunglasses with it's trainer Officer Jenny
    I'm back I guess.

Charmander, the fire tail pokemon. If the fire on it's tail goes out, it dies

Squirtle, the turtle Pokemon. It shares it's name with one of the heads of a three headed turtle

Bulbasaur, the honey-filled Pokemon. Heracross are attracted to it, but not in a good way...
    Last edited by Ponymon; 7th May 2012 at 11:42 AM.
    SIGNATURE? AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR DAT

3DS FC: 3883-4931-5047
    Ground FS: Camerupt, Phanpy and Diggersby. If you want to add me, VM me and tell me what's in your FS.

I'm surprised nobody has made a suggestion yet. If you don't know what I'm talking about, it's the only section of the rules that takes up 3 lines.
    Friend Safari:
    My Shinies:

Do we have to submit an entry to make a suggestion?
    3DS FC: 0302-0291-6804

Move along, nothing to see here.

Bulbasaur, the WTF Pokemon. Seriously, no one knows what it's supposed to be based on. Is it a toad? Is it a dinosaur? It it a pez dispenser?!

Charmander, the Overrated Pokemon. Everyone loves this thing to death, despite it having one of the most boring designs ever. Oh well, being cute can take you to great heights, I suppose.

(Will probably do one for Squirtle later.)

Also, I suggest Quagsire, Stunfisk, and Slowbro for the next one. Derpy Pokemon!

Back from a very long hiatus. Signature and other things under construction! My friend code is 3496-9664-6228, and my friend safari contains Slugma, Growlithe, and Braixen.

Spoiler:- Shinies and credits:

Charmander, the dragon pokemon, depends on the flame burning on it tail. Charmander is described as a 'baby' pokemon, that can grow into a huge, hundren ton-monster.

Name: snivy
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Quote Originally Posted by doctorwho2010 View Post
    Do we have to submit an entry to make a suggestion?
    No, but people who actually submit entries get priority. If I get fewer than 3 suggestions from people who submit, then I will take yours into account. But remember that if you make more than one suggestion per round, none of them will be counted. Someone already made that mistake
    Friend Safari:
    My Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by {(•)___(•)} View Post
    I'm surprised nobody has made a suggestion yet. If you don't know what I'm talking about, it's the only section of the rules that takes up 3 lines.
    I prefer to have the Pokémon chosen for me. :P

Charmander: It dies if the flame on its tail goes out. However, the flame cannot be doused by seawater.
    I love my cute little Machop!

Come on, you know Machop is cute! I mean, who couldn't love those endearing eyes? That adorable face? That loving embrace?

Just don't call it cuddly or else it will hurt you.

Credit to pokefan#493 for the userbar and Northern Lights for the badge

Click the banner to go to this forum's branch of the Bring Back Bionicle Club.

I am now the rightful claimer of Machop in the Official Claim A Pokemon Thread v5! [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/2z57udz.jpg[/IMG]

Fine, I suggest Teddiursa, Cofagrigus, and Jynx

~Credits to myself~

Cofagrigus - The rapist Pokemon. They lure people to peek inside of them and catch them. Whatever happens inside is a mystery...

Quote Originally Posted by Epic-Inferno View Post
    Also, I suggest Quagsire, Stunfisk, and Slowbro for the next one. Derpy Pokemon!
    Quote Originally Posted by Skamory7 View Post
    Fine, I suggest Teddiursa, Cofagrigus, and Jynx
    Quote Originally Posted by {(•)___(•)} View Post
    In your post with your entries, you may also make one suggestion for a Pokémon to be in the next round. I will then choose the Pokémon to be in the next set from the list of suggestions made. The winners of the round get priority, so I will choose the next group of Pokémon from the winners' suggestions, then move on to non-winners if there are not enough. If you post more than one suggestion per round, I will not choose any of yours for the next round.
    Just sayin'.

But I could see how there could be confusion since the Nicknaming Contest allows you to suggest more than one. So fine, I'll change the rule. If you make more than one suggestion, I will only look at your first one, and ignore the rest. I won't be mean and ignore them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Adalricus View Post
    Cofagrigus - The rapist Pokemon. They lure people to peek inside of them and catch them. Whatever happens inside is a mystery...
    Funny, but we're not doing Cofagrigus right now. If you want you can suggest it for the next round.
    Last edited by {(•)___(•)}; 1st May 2012 at 8:44 PM.
    Friend Safari:
    My Shinies:

Charmander: Millions of years ago, giant flying dragons appeared in the Sonata Temple. And evil wizard lived there and he forced the dragons to have babies. The babies turned out to be weird, red salamanders that made weird cries. The evil wizard put charms on the salamanders to make them have fire powers, and so they were called Charsalamanders. The evil wizard didn't like the letters S and L, so they were called Charaamanders. Years later, a stupid old hag named Prof. Oak renamed them as Charmanders, and they still live today.

Quote Originally Posted by Infernova Lv. 999 View Post
    Charmander: Millions of years ago, giant flying dragons appeared in the Sonata Temple. And evil wizard lived there and he forced the dragons to have babies. The babies turned out to be weird, red salamanders that made weird cries. The evil wizard put charms on the salamanders to make them have fire powers, and so they were called Charsalamanders. The evil wizard didn't like the letters S and L, so they were called Charaamanders. Years later, a stupid old hag named Prof. Oak renamed them as Charmanders, and they still live today.
    That's too long. It shouldn't take up more than a line.
    Last edited by {(•)___(•)}; 4th May 2012 at 2:26 AM.
    Friend Safari:
    My Shinies:

Charmander: The fire pokemon. He Plays Fire Pranks all day Long. He dies if he gets shot with a bullet.
    Bulbasaur: The Troll Pokemon. He Trolls every grass pokemon. He always makes sure that they are trolled or else he will attack his own trainer.
    Squirtle: The Flac pokemon. He is a flankious, smart pokemon and always has a shotgun on him and hunts charmanders.
    3ds Fc: 3394-3692-8190
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...-Your-Pokemon!

I haveth Claimed the Almighty Rhyperior

I AM BACK!

Credit to Bekidding

I'm thinking that after this round, I'm gonna only do one Pokémon at a time instead of groups of three. It just seems easier that way. What do you guys think?
    Friend Safari:
    My Shinies:

dunno. seems a bit less to me. i ay we do this: we get three pokemon, but were only allowed to name that pokemon in 1 category.

~Credits to myself~

Bulbasaur: Regular: The Seed Pokemon. Bulbasaur naps in sunlight, and absorbs rays through the seed on its back. They live in large herds.
    Funny: Bulbasaur, the Dino thing Pokemon. Bulbasaur like to eat pie, but if it eats too much, the seed on its back turns into a cherry.
    WTF: Bulbasaur, the Suicidal Pokemon. Should a Bulbasaur's seed come in contact with poison ivy, it will explode. Without the seed, the animal soon dies from lack of chlorophyll.

And yeah, that would be less confusing. I'm still not entirely sure if I only have to do one, or all three.

Nominees: Porygon-Z, Magnezone, Metagross

And I just found out I have to do all three, so Charmander:
    Regular: Charmander, the Lizard Pokemon. The flame on its tail will heat up should it get cold. It lives in active volcanoes.
    Funny: Charmander, the Unicorn Pokemon. The lizard body is a disguise. Its true form can poop rainbows.
    WTF: Charmander, the Spy Pokemon. They are given away by the CIA as starters. They keep tabs on certain trainers.

Squirtle
    Regular: Squirtle, the TinyTurtle Pokemon. Squirtle live in the ocean, and they rarely emerge from their shells. They feed on seaweed.
    Funny: Squirtle, the Soup Pokemon. Squirtle line up in front of hunters. They enjoy being killed and turned to soup.
    WTF: Squirtle, the Apocalypse Pokemon. Should a Squirtle be forcibly removed from its shell, it is said the world will be exposed to a power of massive destruction.
    Last edited by Z-nogyroP; 6th May 2012 at 4:46 PM.
    I have discovered what a signature is.

This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Warrior Scolipede

I've claimed Castform. It will never rain on my parade.

Charmander
    Charmander, the Sunbathe Pokemon. Charmanders must spend of least 12 hours a day soaking up sun, or their fire starts to burn out.

Charmanderr, the best Pokemon. If your given a choice between him, a stupid plant with feet, and a lame turtle, you choose Charmander.

Charmander, the torch Pokemon. Ancient cavemen tore off Charmander tails and used the flammable oils inside to make torches.

Bulbasaur
    Bulbasuar, the cabbage Pokemon. Bulbasuar hide in crop fields as cabbage to hide from predators. They spray poison on anyone who comes near.

Bulbasaur, the ancient Pokemon. Bulbasaur was the first Pokemon ever, and is the ancestor of all plants and Pokemon. Screw Mew!

Bulbasaur, the ejaculation Pokemon. In Germany, Bulbasaur is used as a symbol for STDs, and is the mascot of a campaign for abstinence.

Squirtle
    Squirtle, the best turtle Pokemon. It lived at the same time as Carracosta- but it was better, and thus never went extinct.

Squirtle, the Carting Pokemon. Squirtle shells are often used for attacking other carts in go-carting. They are Italian.

Squirtle, the Canteen Pokemon. some trainers carry squirtles around with them in their shells, using them as a supply of water. They thus got the nickname of 'Living Canteens'.
    TODAY I DRANK PICKLE JUICE.
    It was pretty good.

Contest Closed

Winners:

Bulbasaur
    Regular Pokédex: Bulbasaur seeks out rest in the most verdant gardens. It awaits the blooming of its bulb. [SpeedSuicune]
    Funny Pokédex: Bulbasaur, the WTF Pokemon. Seriously, no one knows what it's supposed to be based on. Is it a toad? Is it a dinosaur? It it a pez dispenser?! [Epic-Inferno]
    WTF Pokédex: Bulbasaur, the ejaculation Pokemon. In Germany, Bulbasaur is used as a symbol for STDs, and is the mascot of a campaign for abstinence. [Loreni333]

Charmander
    Regular Pokédex: Charmander, the Lizard Pokemon. The flame on its tail will heat up should it get cold. It lives in active volcanoes. [Z-nogyroP]
    Funny Pokédex: Charmander, the Unicorn Pokemon. The lizard body is a disguise. Its true form can poop rainbows. [Z-nogyroP]
    WTF Pokédex: Charmander the Screaming Pokemon, Charmander screams at everyone by going CHARMANDER!!!!!!!!!!! everywhere he goes. [SasoriSand]

Squirtle
    Regular Pokédex: It is said that even from birth, Squirtle can quench the fiercest of fires by drawing power from deep within its shell. [SpeedSuicune]
    Funny Pokédex: Squirtle, the Carting Pokemon. Squirtle shells are often used for attacking other carts in go-carting. They are Italian. [Loreni333]
    WTF Pokédex: Squirtle, the LOLFAIL pokemon. It is called the love failure. [Nightfall715]

Congratulations to all the winners! From now on, I have decided to do only one Pokémon at a time. So I looked at your suggestions. Since you guys were only supposed to make one suggestion, I did not count any after the first Pokémon mentioned. So I used an RNG to decide which of the 3 suggestions I would use. So, the next Pokémon is...

#195 Quagsire
    Friend Safari:
    My Shinies:

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast