Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
Results 226 to 250 of 325

Thread: Evolution by Fire! (738)

  1. #226
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    407

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Phoenix View Post
    My issue isn't with her saying a few words. My issue is more like that she was seemed more pissed than Ash who just happens to be Tepig's trainer. I wouldn't mind if Ash had shared the same reaction she had OR at least not look so... passive with the whole situation.
    But Iris has always been a one to go at it with others depending on the situation. Emmy, Deino trainer, now this guy. She's just like that.


    Alder: You wanna know what's better than battling?
    Ash: What?
    Alder: Eating hotdogs and battling!
    Trip: My God, It's like looking into the future.

  2. #227
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    This account has been hacked.
    Posts
    3,197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by (P.O.K.E.M.O.N.) View Post
    This episode was amazing, but cilan ruined it!!! was the court scene even necessary? it wasted valuable time that could have been spent on more flashbacks or emotional scene's i seriously cant stand cilan anymore, the quicker he's gone the better.
    Exactly how much is Kira paying you to keep hating on Cilan?

  3. #228
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,887

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thing View Post
    Exactly how much is Kira paying you to keep hating on Cilan?
    Heh. Cilan is not that bad but I just think that the writers over due it sometimes. No harm though.

    My ideal battle ever!

  4. #229
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    387

    Default

    Suwama wasn't as jerkish as I thought.

    The "I never cared about you in the first place!" just doesn't come of as quite as mean when done in the midst of battle. Battle isn't just yelling about attacks. It's about morale, and Suwama saw an easy way to take Tepig's (if almost non-existent) resolve out completely. Trashtalking is a big part of sports because a big part of it is about the morale.

    It's the same reason I always find the "How can you abandon it because it's not strong!" message weak(and did back with Chimchar too). You can train pokemon for many reasons, but if you are to be a good battler, you want a team were the members are good battlers... because you are essentially a team manager/coach. You don't put undeserving/low level people on your team if you are aiming to be elite. It just doesn't work that way.

    Battle Pokemon are perfectly comparable to sportsmen vying for a spot on a team.
    Help spread the Dragonbuster Love!
    Hail to Saint Georgia!


  5. #230
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    Suwama wasn't as jerkish as I thought.

    The "I never cared about you in the first place!" just doesn't come of as quite as mean when done in the midst of battle. Battle isn't just yelling about attacks. It's about morale, and Suwama saw an easy way to take Tepig's (if almost non-existent) resolve out completely. Trashtalking is a big part of sports because a big part of it is about the morale.

    It's the same reason I always find the "How can you abandon it because it's not strong!" message weak(and did back with Chimchar too). You can train pokemon for many reasons, but if you are to be a good battler, you want a team were the members are good battlers... because you are essentially a team manager/coach. You don't put undeserving/low level people on your team if you are aiming to be elite. It just doesn't work that way.

    Battle Pokemon are perfectly comparable to sportsmen vying for a spot on a team.
    All that ignores training and hard work.

    It really is like expecting a diet to work instantly, and after a week of not losing pounds, you claim the diet doesn't work, and end up eating the same stuff that made you fat in the first place, all while claiming diets don't work for you.

    As far as we know Sumawama never tried with Tepig, at least Paul tried with Chimchar (though that problem revolved around Paul not being the best "teacher" for Chimchar). So as far as we know Sumawama, tested Tepig and then it failed, and never bothered to try.

    If Tepig really was a lost cause, as YOU seem to imply, that doesn't explain why Tepig beat all these Pokemon, evolved and beat Sumawama's Emboar and Heatmor.

    At least its been proven that at least Ash tried with Tepig/Pignite, to get it where it is now. Very rarely would you run into something naturally strong. On top of that Tepig looked VERY young when Sumawama was its trainer. That's like expecting a ten year old to beat a fit thirty year old.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  6. #231
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    All that ignores training and hard work.

    It really is like expecting a diet to work instantly, and after a week of not losing pounds, you claim the diet doesn't work, and end up eating the same stuff that made you fat in the first place, all while claiming diets don't work for you.

    As far as we know Sumawama never tried with Tepig, at least Paul tried with Chimchar (though that problem revolved around Paul not being the best "teacher" for Chimchar). So as far as we know Sumawama, tested Tepig and then it failed, and never bothered to try.
    Suwama is a lazy bastard, true.

    But for a nice comparison that's apt here?

    Peter Forsberg. One of the best hockey players in history. He was dumped from playing on his team when he was a teen because the coach thought he was too small and weak, and his great talent hadn't really shown itself yet.

    Forsberg, at this point didn't really get that much of a shot to prove himself, but did not yet deserve a spot on the team.

    More or less like Tepig.


    Suwama is a coach, and as such is perfectly qualified to judge that "this guy is too weak... I better train another one", when Tepig actually did show itself to be rather wimpy.


    With Ash, Tepig now has started to show his talent(which you certainly can't say it did with Suwama).

    Much like how Forsberg finally started shining and got into the regional team(representing an entire district, not just a city) at age 15, and would go on to become an elite in the Swedish league, join the national team(at 18) and then a major one in NHL(at 19-20).

    The point here is, you can't blame the trainer/coach when the trainee/player shows no talent. The Trainee/player needs to prove himself to the coach, too.


    Your diet comparison is a bit lacking.

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    If Tepig really was a lost cause, as YOU seem to imply, that doesn't explain why Tepig beat all these Pokemon, evolved and beat Sumawama's Emboar and Heatmor.
    BS. I never implied anything about Tepig itself.

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    At least its been proven that at least Ash tried with Tepig/Pignite, to get it where it is now. Very rarely would you run into something naturally strong. On top of that Tepig looked VERY young when Sumawama was its trainer. That's like expecting a ten year old to beat a fit thirty year old.
    No, it's more like expecting a rookie player to be good or at least show talent.

    Oh, and just to make this argument even more wrong, 30 is about when you hit a decline as a sportsman, physically. You're at your best during your mid-twenties(well, most people are, I shouldn't drag all people over the same comb). The one thing you have past 30 is the experience.
    Help spread the Dragonbuster Love!
    Hail to Saint Georgia!


  7. #232
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Purplesurge-Unreal IRC servers
    Posts
    6,699

    Default

    This episode was great. It was great to see Kuritaran for the 1st time. Kuitaran didn't look as good in the anime as I had hoped it would. Although it was a short battle, I liked seeing Heatmor and Emboar battle with Kojondo and Miruhog. The courtroom scene was very odd, and Mijumaru looked funny when he was sleeping through it. Suwama was definitely a jerk in this episode for all of the terrible things he said about Pokabu. I couldn't stop laughing when Chaoboo used Flamethrower in his face when he tried to take him back. Fire Pledge looks really great, even though it took down Embuoh and Kuritaran easily. Tsutarja really acted like a big sister, encouraging Pokabu and using Vine Whip when necessary to get him to pull himself together. The evolution scene was epic.

    100/100
    "Heart + Determination + Perserverence = Success" ™

    My Philosophical quote on goals and dreams.

  8. #233
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,901

    Default

    Finally watched the episode.

    Suwama was even more messed up then I thought, forcing people to battle him, trying to take their Pokemon when he won.

    Interesting that it seems Cilan never knew about Tepig's back story, he didn't know it was abandoned.

    Haha, I love how Suwama asked what was wrong with Cilan when he did "It's Judgment Time", then Cilan just brushes it off as if it was a compliment of some sort, haha, Cilan. Oh and he's a Trial Sommelier now, so that's...um...I lost count D: Wonder what's next.

    I loved the court scene, loved Cilan "Guilty or not guilty...that's the question", I just love it when they speak English :3. I enjoyed the entire scene.

    Poor Tepig, learning the hard truth.

    I enjoyed the battle and all that.

    I loved how when Pignite attacked Suwama it sounded like it was saying "ciao", haha.

    Overall I enjoyed the episode.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

  9. #234
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,425

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    Finally watched the episode.

    Suwama was even more messed up then I thought, forcing people to battle him, trying to take their Pokemon when he won.

    Interesting that it seems Cilan never knew about Tepig's back story, he didn't know it was abandoned.

    Haha, I love how Suwama asked what was wrong with Cilan when he did "It's Judgment Time", then Cilan just brushes it off as if it was a compliment of some sort, haha, Cilan. Oh and he's a Trial Sommelier now, so that's...um...I lost count D: Wonder what's next.

    I loved the court scene, loved Cilan "Guilty or not guilty...that's the question", I just love it when they speak English :3. I enjoyed the entire scene.

    Poor Tepig, learning the hard truth.

    I enjoyed the battle and all that.

    I loved how when Pignite attacked Suwama it sounded like it was saying "ciao", haha.

    Overall I enjoyed the episode.
    I agree with this.

    Cilan: Now, Now... It's judgement time!
    Suwama: Huh? What's wrong with you?
    Cilan: Glad you asked! I'm a Trial Sommelier!



  10. #235
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    This account has been hacked.
    Posts
    3,197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    I agree with this.

    Cilan: Now, Now... It's judgement time!
    Suwama: Huh? What's wrong with you?
    Cilan: Glad you asked! I'm a Trial Sommelier!
    It wasn't that funny...

    Quote Originally Posted by G50 View Post
    100/100
    o_o

  11. #236
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Distant Valhalla
    Posts
    8,206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thing View Post
    It wasn't that funny...
    It wasn't funny at all, the Cilan scene - I mean. :P


  12. #237
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    I agree with this.

    Cilan: Now, Now... It's judgement time!
    Suwama: Huh? What's wrong with you?
    Cilan: Glad you asked! I'm a Trial Sommelier!
    I'm beginning to think something really is wrong with Cilan, either that or he doesn't care if people think he's crazy, either way, it's all entertaining to me >: D

    Quote Originally Posted by Thing View Post
    It wasn't that funny...
    It was however, a matter of personal perception. As such, some will find it funnier then others.

    Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    It wasn't funny at all, the Cilan scene - I mean. :P
    Again, personal perception, and nothing else.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

  13. #238
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Hogwarts, naturally.
    Posts
    975

    Default

    I for one have not enjoyed an episode this much in a long time. VERY well played out. I absolutely adored Snivy's tough love approach, and the fact that it took the Super Flare Blitz just so Pignite could win...and refused to return to its Poke Ball because it wanted to watch...I actually almost teared up. (Is that weird?)

    Fire Pledge looked kickbutt. And I'm still hoping for a Heatmor vs. Durant episode. It's such an obvious setup, come onnn.

    Tepig's devotion to Suwama was tragic. And it looked absolutely adorable when hugging its trainer. So sad :/
    I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.



    ^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

    Many, many thanks to Mew, who created this exceptional banner!

    Harry Potter and How I Met Your Mother are currently my life.

  14. #239
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    my house
    Posts
    6,172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    It wasn't funny at all, the Cilan scene - I mean. :P
    I always laugh at Dento, but however, it can be argued that the people around him make him funny. It works like a comedy skit. The fact that it was implied that there was something wrong with him was funny (a bit more than Dento himself) because we're ALL wondering what's wrong with him. I think he's more like the type to do these things, and not really care what others think about him. What is my cat doing? She's like running around like a maniac :/


    “...This is a tricky problem, huh. I really, really want to see the other Heroes... and if it works out, I want to make friends with them! If I made friends with six Heroes, I’d be an awesome mage! We could even conquer the world!”
    -Flatt Escardos, Fate Strange Fake
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204
    tumblr|fanfiction

  15. #240
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Look, the point is that Cilan is trying to be neutral but failed miserably as pressures given by Iris and Ash.
    (The point is he shouldn't have stayed neutral at the first place! He should have been angry with him abandoning Pokemon!!!)

    Oshawott sleeping in the courtroom scene just show how contrary Oshawott's personality is to Snivy's. She is such a caring Pokemon that do everything to encourage Tepig even it is to slap him. For Oshawott, he did not care about Tepig's feeling, do not bother to be angry and actually slept when Emolga, Snivy, Axew, Iris and Pikachu are angry.
    (The point is... do Emolga and Axew have anything to do with Tepig??...Do they even have interactions??... NONE... BUT they are helping him, WHATS OSHAWOTT DOING??? HE DID NOT CARE!!!)

    Conclusion:
    Oshawott
    Personality: Cold Blooded, Coward, Too Proud of Himself, Flirting Here and There..... Nothing Positive....
    Last edited by Mareepy; 6th June 2012 at 10:49 AM.

  16. #241
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    This account has been hacked.
    Posts
    3,197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mareepy View Post
    Conclusion:
    Oshawott
    Personality: Cold Blooded, Coward, Too Proud of Himself, Flirting Here and There..... Nothing Positive....
    Just because he fell asleep? o_o That's a little harsh.

  17. #242
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    In my butt
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Congratulations! Tepig finally reached lv.17.

  18. #243
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thing View Post
    Just because he fell asleep? o_o That's a little harsh.
    Yes, I AM a little harsh but it IS a FACT that he slept.... SO this proves his cold-bloodedness

    His cowardness is proved everytime he hide behind any Pokemon to avoid battle with a strong-looking Pokemon

    Him flirting to almost every single Female Pokemon need not to be proved as everyone knows

    His overconfidence is shown soo many times that I didn't even care to recall
    Last edited by Mareepy; 9th June 2012 at 6:38 PM.

  19. #244
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    This account has been hacked.
    Posts
    3,197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mareepy View Post
    Yes, I AM a little harsh but it IS a FACT that he slept.... SO this proves his cold-bloodedness

    His cowardness is proved everytime he hide behind any Pokemon to avoid battle with a strong-looking Pokemon

    Him flirting to almost every single Female Pokemon need not to be proved as everyone knows

    His overconfidence is shown soo many times that I didn't even care to recall
    Someone sure isn't Oshawott's biggest fan. Maybe it's time to relax. He's just a pokemon.

    Quote Originally Posted by DeLaw View Post
    Congratulations! Tepig finally reached lv.17.
    That's nothing compared to how long it took for Chimchar to reach lv.14.

  20. #245
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    407

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeLaw View Post
    Congratulations! Tepig finally reached lv.17.
    Ha! I love you're sense of humor. But in anime reality, this was a good match with power beyond level belief.


    Alder: You wanna know what's better than battling?
    Ash: What?
    Alder: Eating hotdogs and battling!
    Trip: My God, It's like looking into the future.

  21. #246
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thing View Post
    Someone sure isn't Oshawott's biggest fan. Maybe it's time to relax. He's just a pokemon.
    Pokemons have Personality too, and everyone just saw the screen and saying that he is cute when sleeping, but they DID NOT realize the fact that he is SO COLDBLOODED.
    If your friend got scammed for 100 million and go on court and the judge is telling your friend should pay the money just because he didn't see a small sentence below the contract typed with Font Size 0.2 that you must use magnifying glasses to see, I doubt you will be that calm and have time to sleep in the court

  22. #247
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,605

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mareepy View Post
    Pokemons have Personality too, and everyone just saw the screen and saying that he is cute when sleeping, but they DID NOT realize the fact that he is SO COLDBLOODED.
    If your friend got scammed for 100 million and go on court and the judge is telling your friend should pay the money just because he didn't see a small sentence below the contract typed with Font Size 0.2 that you must use magnifying glasses to see, I doubt you will be that calm and have time to sleep in the court
    You know, maybe they did realize. But like with good old Oshawott here, their storage of f*cks has clearly run dry.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

    Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

  23. #248
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    This account has been hacked.
    Posts
    3,197

    Default

    But Oshawott wasn't sleeping in court. That was just a funny scene Cilan was imagining. Which means, Cilan most likely imagined Oshawott sleeping as well.

    Honestly, he isn't that bad. Iris made this episode more painful and annoying to watch than Oshawott did.

  24. #249
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    459

    Default

    Just saw the episode and loved it.

    I remember people saying early on that they noticed how Tepig's always become depressed after losing and was hoping it was leading somewhere. I thought this episode was a nice way of adressing it subtely as he now seems confident in his position as one of Ash's Pokemon. So overall, I really enjoyed the continuity here. I also hope we learn more about Snivy in the future as she's thoroughly secured her spot as one of my favorite characters.

    The courtroom scene could've been a tad shorter but other than that, I didn't mind it. If anything, I would've preferred the episode to be a two-parter 'cuz Tepig deserves it.

    The battle itself was slow-paced but that was alright. The point of it was to be emotional after all and the interactions between Snivy and Tepig did just that. I'm serious when I say I absolutely adore Snivy now; her slap was unexpected and I never thought Pokemon would make her do something like that. I hope Fire Pledge continues looking that tank in the future and we get to see it combo with a grass or water one soon.

    As for Ash seeming too passive to Suwama at the start, it's obvious he doesn't agree with what nasty trainers do and would gladly preach them. He just doesn't go out of his way to yell when he doesn't know if said trainer is really that bad and could've easily been misunderstood (see Deino episode when Iris yelled at that guy who actually came for his Foongus). As expected, as the episode passed and he learned that Suwama was a first rate A-hole with no strings attached, he became fired up like we know him to be. I actually appreciate that calm approach he took as opposed to his friends, and it isn't the first time it's happened this region (Skyla, anyone?). After dealing with Paul you may think he's learned something. So yeah, I think Ash blowing a casket right off the bat would've been insulting. Ha, I'd love to see how Iris would react to Paul honestly.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thing View Post
    Honestly, he isn't that bad. Iris made this episode more painful and annoying to watch than Oshawott did.
    Have to agree with you there, for reasons explained above. And I don't think Oshawott was being mean, but more ignorant. Or already sleeping so didn't know what was going on.

    Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega
    I loved how when Pignite attacked Suwama it sounded like it was saying "ciao", haha.
    I noticed that and laughed at it too. That's how you pwn people.

    Quote Originally Posted by Storm Wendjule
    I think I've seen only two minscule references to certain other abandoned fire types, but come on! This episode had nearly the same plotline as Season 1's 'Charmander, the Stray Pokemon'. Sad little fire-type dangerously close to death? Yes. Sad little fire-type still loyal to first trainer even though he abandoned it? Check. Jackass trainer abandoned the pokemon because it was weak? Yup. Main Character not named Ash chews Jackass trainer out? Uh-huh. Jackass trainer witnesses the previously abandoned fire-type battle under Ash's command? Checky check. Jackass trainer wants the fire-type now that they're strong (and the jackass didn't have to train it)? Yep yep yep. Jackass trainer gets fried by Ash's new fire-type? Hell yes.

    I can't be the only one that noticed this. (I know Paul abandoned Chimchar as well, but I never saw that episode, so I can't say anything about them, and I don't remember the circumstances of Cyndaquil's capture.)
    Another sign the anime needs to stop: They're re-hashing the same plot over and over.

    ~Jennie
    Not disagreeing with you on the rehash bit...but really? Your post implies that you haven't seen Johto or Sinnoh (which are two of the regions you claim the 'rehashing' has come from), and don't even remember that much of Kanto. No offense but there's really no spot for you to say the anime should stop because its "repetitiveness" is getting annoying, when you don’t even recall what happened.

    I know I'm replying to something from 7 pages ago but this particular post irked me.
    -
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/9i9zxi.gif[/IMG]

    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/j8faqd.png[/IMG]
    * Credit to pokefan#493

  25. #250
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mareepy View Post
    Pokemons have Personality too, and everyone just saw the screen and saying that he is cute when sleeping, but they DID NOT realize the fact that he is SO COLDBLOODED.
    If your friend got scammed for 100 million and go on court and the judge is telling your friend should pay the money just because he didn't see a small sentence below the contract typed with Font Size 0.2 that you must use magnifying glasses to see, I doubt you will be that calm and have time to sleep in the court
    I don't understand why you're carrying on like this because it fell asleep. It really isn't serious dude.
    Ash's team right now


    If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

    If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •