Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Evolution by Fire! (738)

Quote Originally Posted by naughtynun View Post
    Pignite looks cool! But fire pledge.... I mean really. 50 base power (bog off to people who pretend it doesn't exist in the anime), I think pignite would be better off with some more non-fire moves. I mean it looks like he has 3 fire and tackle. That is one poopy moveset! Why not take today's opportunity to teach him a good move!?

So, who is next to evolve then? Snivy? pleasepleasepleaseplease
    I think Oshawott might evolve next IMO. He needs to cos he loses a lot against Pokemon he thinks he can beat.

And yes, this certainly confirms Pignite's status as the main starter for Unova.

I was disappointed with Fire Pledge though, Arm Thrust would have been better.

Anyways, I usually watch episodes online so I might wait a few days before I watch this one but judging by the scenes it's looking good.

Considering Emboar was getting attacked by everyone in the double battle including it's own partner to get out of Attract there was no doubt in my mind it was going down.

Heatmor I will agree could've put up more of a fight though before going down though.

glad to see the jerk got what was coming to him as well

Since Pignite learned Fire Pledge, maybe Snivy and Oshawott will learn Grass Pledge and Water Pledge so they can show off the combinations of the 3 Pledge Moves? I guess we'll see.

BAN TALONFLAME TO UBERS!

Quote Originally Posted by Elekible-Kid View Post
    Imagine how much she could 'tank' if they let her evolve once.........

My stream wasn't the best, but when Dento was told Pokabu was an abandoned Pokemon(remember they hadn't met him yet when Pokabu decided to go with Ash), he mentioned Tsutaaja being from a similar situation of having a trainer before(albeit she did the abandoning, not the trainer).

Now with her fierce emotions of wishing to help Pokabu, and seeing him evolve, perhaps she is close or will be next.

Note how Mijuwotter was not used with Pokabu, albeit he could have believably tanked just as many attacks, and fainted at the same point, he probably wouldnt' have fought so fiercely, but he has the advantage, also he basically started from zero, whereas Chaobuu/Tsutaaja had prior experience.

For me, I wouldn't mind seeing the grass/fire starters evolving again.
    So they did make Cilan bring up Snivy's past again...hmm, wonder if will get to see her trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Hikari10Girl View Post
    And yes, this certainly confirms Pignite's status as the main starter for Unova.
    This confirms nothing!!!! NOTHING!!!!
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    I like how Oshawott was asleep during the courtroom scene.

Lol, and loved judge Dento.

I also felt sad for Snivy when she got crushed by Emboar's butt.
    Last edited by Ash Ketchum!; 3rd May 2012 at 5:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    I like how Oshawott was asleep during the courtroom scene.

I guess I wasn't the only one doing what Oshawott was doing.

My ideal battle ever!

This has become one of my favorite episodes in the B/W saga. The best part was seeing Ash's Pignite burn Suwama's face after the double battle; Suwama definitely deserved this punishment for the cruel treatment that he had given to that Pokemon when it was a Tepig. And I really liked how Snivy helped Tepig gain the will to battle against Suwama's Pokemon.

Wow this episode looks awesome.

Judge Cilan. Sleeping Oshawott. Snivy slapping Tepig. Tepig evolving. Pignite burning the druggie. Tepig's emotional scene. Snivy's former trainer being brought up.

Random : PokéRadar

So Suwama gets a flamethrower to the face yet Paul gets off Scott free? Stupid villain sue....
    Paul was hardly a villain, true he was ruthless and undeterring in his goals as a trainer but he never did anything deliberately nasty.

This has become one of my favorite episodes in the B/W saga. The best part was seeing Ash's Pignite burn Suwama's face after the double battle; Suwama definitely deserved this punishment for the cruel treatment that he had given to that Pokemon when it was a Tepig. And I really liked how Snivy helped Tepig gain the will to battle against Suwama's Pokemon.
    Yeah it was great to see Snivy and Tepig (Pignite now) getting some more screentime, great ep.

Drain Punch still looks horrid I see... oh well. And Poor Meinshao whens it gong to get a decent battle where it doesn't get creamed after 5 seconds... oh well.
    Another good battle focused episode (wow Best wishes has allot of them). Great to finally see Pignite on the team, looks like its going to have allot of character. Although sometimes the way his drawn just makes him look like a big orange Wigglytuff/Mankey love child (altleast in my mind). Great to see Snivy yet again being the big sister of the group too, shame Oshawott never seemed to care lol.
    Team Shut-down
    Pokemon X Friend Code: 4270-1529-9156. Please feel free to add me for Battles, Trades and Friend Safari (Dark Type: Pawniard, Sandile & Inkay).
    STOP SENDING ME FROAKIE VIA WONDER TRADE!

I'm so effing tired of Cilan hijacking episodes! I thought Tepig's evolution was going to be the most talked about thing, but now it seems everyone is talking about how awesome Cilan is for dressing up as a judge; Team Rocket dressed up hundreds of times, yet nobody bothered to discuss it during the old episodes. But Oshawott saved the episode in a sense. He was sleeping during the trial scene because it was honestly boring; only the people who actually have eyes realized that it was just a way for the writers to shove Cilan down our throats some more. Clearly one of the animators was upset about this (as they should be) and they decided to have Oshawott sleep through it as a sort of inside joke. That person deserves a pay raise. The rest of the episode was sort of bad after that, though. The Cilan scene threw everything off, and I couldn't get into the story. But as predicted, Tepig was boring in this episode. We got more of his sob story, but I felt nothing because Tepig didn't do much to make me sympathize with him. And I can't believe I hadn't noticed it before, but the Japanese "Who's That Pokemon" thing honestly looks cheap; surely they could have put more effort into designing it? But yeah, the battle itself only lasted a few minutes as some of us predicted, and it seems that Suwama apologized to Pignite and Pignite accepted the apology, as I predicted; where are your torches and pitchforks now, girls?

@ The 4th KIRA, it honestly started as someone using the picture to make a joking remark and a few people talked about it there's no need to get so irate, also Oshawott sleeping during it probaly was just a joke, not one of the producers trying to "hurt" Cilan. I genuinely don't understand how you think this one scene with Cilan threw the entire ep off, what did Cilan ever do to you that's so bad?

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    I'm so effing tired of Cilan hijacking episodes! I thought Tepig's evolution was going to be the most talked about thing, but now it seems everyone is talking about how awesome Cilan is for dressing up as a judge; Team Rocket dressed up hundreds of times, yet nobody bothered to discuss it during the old episodes. But Oshawott saved the episode in a sense. He was sleeping during the trial scene because it was honestly boring; only the people who actually have eyes realized that it was just a way for the writers to shove Cilan down our throats some more. Clearly one of the animators was upset about this (as they should be) and they decided to have Oshawott sleep through it as a sort of inside joke. That person deserves a pay raise. The rest of the episode was sort of bad after that, though. The Cilan scene threw everything off, and I couldn't get into the story. But as predicted, Tepig was boring in this episode. We got more of his sob story, but I felt nothing because Tepig didn't do much to make me sympathize with him. And I can't believe I hadn't noticed it before, but the Japanese "Who's That Pokemon" thing honestly looks cheap; surely they could have put more effort into designing it? But yeah, the battle itself only lasted a few minutes as some of us predicted, and it seems that Suwama apologized to Pignite and Pignite accepted the apology, as I predicted; where are your torches and pitchforks now, girls?
    I smell bias-ism. Both of them had their moments. Just let it go.
    Woo people liked Cilan's Judge scene. It didn't steal the episode. Neither did Oshawott sleeping. Besides wasn't it all just a "dream scene?" just like the Detective Cilan one in the Scrafty episode?

14. Default

Suwama apologized to Chaobuu, and Chaobuu accepted the apology, as I predicted;
    Just from this statement I can tell you did not watch the episode, and did a poor job of reviewing the pics.....

Suwama didn't apologize.

What Suwama did, was try to poach Chaobuu from under Ash, asking Chaobuu if he wanted to come back on his roster of 'Fire Warriors'

Chaobuu summarily gave him a nice Flamethrower to the face~

Oh I guess I wasn't too far off when i said Suwana was a "Grass Burner" "Fire Warrior" is somewhat close. Although the former is closer based on his appearance.

16. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tails_Sliat View Post
    Oh I guess I wasn't too far off when i said Suwana was a "Grass Burner" "Fire Warrior" is somewhat close. Although the former is closer based on his appearance.
    Well, not really, he calls his Pokemon 'Fire Warriors'.

He does not refer to 'himself' as one.

Lol, KIRA, just stop it.

....and now, her story begins.

Quote Originally Posted by DMerle View Post
    @ The 4th KIRA, it honestly started as someone using the picture to make a joking remark and a few people talked about it there's no need to get so irate, also Oshawott sleeping during it probaly was just a joke, not one of the producers trying to "hurt" Cilan. I genuinely don't understand how you think this one scene with Cilan threw the entire ep off, what did Cilan ever do to you that's so bad?
    As I said before, only people whose eyes aren't clouded were able to realize that this episode was full of Cilan propaganda. I honestly thought this episode was going to be about Tepig and his former trainer. Nothing could have prepared me for Cilan's little stunt because the official summaries left out that part. It's sad that development episodes like these are always hijacked by someone. And that scene was totally redundant; what did it do besides entertain Cilan's stans?

Quote Originally Posted by Elekible-Kid View Post
    Well, not really, he calls his Pokemon 'Fire Warriors'.

He does not refer to 'himself' as one.
    Oh it was his pokemon? Oh okay. That makes more sense.

As I said before, only people whose eyes aren't clouded were able to realize that this episode was full of Cilan propaganda. I honestly thought this episode was going to be about Tepig and his former trainer. Nothing could have prepared me for Cilan's little stunt because the official summaries left out that part. It's sad that development episodes like these are always hijacked by someone. And that scene was totally redundant; what did it do besides entertain Cilan's stans?
    This whole episode? o.O;

That cut out scene was just a cut out scene. It might have been kind of long, but it had the other characters in it anyway. No way did Dento take up the whole episode--that was all he did. Besides, it's not like this happens in every episode. ^^;
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

It was a part of the episode, Cilan is a MAIN CHARACTER, they have scenes.. If you realised how stupid you sound to people who havn't got there heads filled with some huge conspiracy against Cilan you wouldn't post comments like that.

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    This whole episode? o.O;

That cut out scene was just a cut out scene. It might have been kind of long, but it had the other characters in it anyway. No way did Dento take up the whole episode--that was all he did. Besides, it's not like this happens in every episode. ^^;
    I wonder if Oshawott would have had a dream sequence similar to this. Would Kira even protest?

Great Episode. I'm happy Iris and Cilan actually did something and weren't just background people doing nothing the whole time. I only wish that Iris went full ninja on Suwana's butt at the end lol.

Quote Originally Posted by DMerle View Post
    It was a part of the episode, Cilan is a MAIN CHARACTER, they have scenes.. If you realised how stupid you sound to people who havn't got there heads filled with some huge conspiracy against Cilan you wouldn't post comments like that.
    I don't think there's a huge conspiracy; I just think that scene was over the top and it honestly distracted people from the main point of this episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Tails_Sliat View Post
    I wonder if Oshawott would have had a dream sequence similar to this. Would Kira even protest?
    If that sequence had taken place in this episode, then yes, I would have protested. If you recall, I was the only one who protested Oshawott being Tepig's partner because I wanted the pig to get his fifteen minutes of fame. Unlike Cilan's fans, I'm not blinded when my favorite character is involved.

I honestly thought this episode was going to be about Tepig and his former trainer.
    What the hell do you care? You kept bashing Tepig about how boring it is and you couldn't care less about it.

Why the hell would some scene that was PRIMARILY about Tepig anyway involving Judge Cilan bug you this much? Come on Kira, really?
    ---------------------------------------------

If there was one criticism about this episode, was apparently Tepig was too attached to its former trainer. I get that it would be cute and run over, wagging its tail, and the cute scenes in the flashback of what really looks like a newborn Tepig, wanting to be with it.

But what I don't get is why Tepig was so crushed about the jerk abandoning it, so much that it couldn't battle properly, until Snivy got pissed from being a punching bag.

I mean Tepig found Ash, and it just seems like Ash didn't leave a good enough impression on Tepig to erase that bond between Tepig and it's former trainer. And that's what irked me. It didn't seem like Tepig gave a crap about Ash, even though Ash "rescued" and "adopted" it.

Tepig was TOO attached to its former trainer, for my liking. And only seemingly got revenge only after it evolved.

But other than that, the episode was okay. Though maybe they should've spent less time on Judge Cilan and more on the battle, but whatever.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast