Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Evolution by Fire! (738)

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    People were putting emphasis on it before I posted; some people were actually posting images of the courtroom scene over and over again just to make people talk about it even more. Like I said in my first post, the courtroom scene was distracting. This is exactly why I was against Oshawott being Tepig's battle partner, but it seems my efforts were wasted because a distraction came in the form of Cilan. I honestly should have seen it coming, although that wouldn't have made it any better.
    There was nothing wrong with the court scene. It just sounds like a personal problem of yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Elice_Carol View Post
    But even so, it's not putting Mienshao in a very good light. I wanted to see Marshal debuting it and kicking Excadrill's teeth in with Rock Smash.
    uhh why Excadrill? It makes you sound mean.

Quote Originally Posted by ben_pokemon View Post
    He's in the gym, though, so he'll definitely land a win.
    He's in a gym that's just perfect for his typing...I'm taking about when he doesn't have an advantage
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    Glad to see Krokorok out and eating...can't say the same for Stunfisk, Crustle, or Excadrill though...at less Ash's other Pokemon aren't on him so they can't be feed...by him at less(Juniper better be feeding them D: ). I can't recall ever seeing Stunfisk, Crustle, or Excadrill eating before...
    Actually Excadrill was out and eating in the Bouffalant episode. Stunfisk hasn't been shown eating though, and Crustle was only seen eating when it was a Dwebble.

This episode was really good with the whole story. I liked that at least Tepig and his trainer do stand out from Ash's other abandoned Fire Starters and their trainers.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

So I see some are over-hyping the whole courtroom scene (with you, 4th KIRA, not even having watched the episode)? Like people said, it was only part of the episode plus everybody got to do something during it, not just Dent. It was a random, fun, scene. Before that we had Iris raging at Suwama when she realized he was the trainer who abandoned Pokabu which carried out to the courtroom scene. Both Dent and Iris got a small amount of spotlight in this episode while they stood in the stand lines during the majority of it. It was mostly about the whole Pokabu situation, focusing on Satoshi, Suwama and Pokabu with Tsutarja added to the mix.
    Last edited by Raptor_Crow; 3rd May 2012 at 11:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gohan5 View Post
    Actually Excadrill was out and eating in the Bouffalant episode. Stunfisk hasn't been shown eating though, and Crustle was only seen eating when it was a Dwebble.
    Is Stunfisk still alive? lol.

Actually Stunfisk could be out everytime--he's just using Camouflage.

Another thing...with Stunfisk's mouth placed on it's dorsal side...how would it eat without Dento hand-feeding him?
    Last edited by JennaJayfeather; 3rd May 2012 at 11:32 PM.

“...This is a tricky problem, huh. I really, really want to see the other Heroes... and if it works out, I want to make friends with them! If I made friends with six Heroes, I’d be an awesome mage! We could even conquer the world!”
    -Flatt Escardos, Fate Strange Fake
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204
    tumblr|fanfiction

Good episode today. The story's pace and the battles were quite interesting. Also, it's nice having a bit more of insight in Tepig's personality.

But, a issue I had was: Ash acted a bit too... passive in the episode's beggining. I mean, the one who getting pissed with Suwana's behavior was Iris when it should have been Ash. Actually, in that part, I felt Iris was being more Ash than Ash himself, if that makes sense. I get the character needs something to do but it seemed really off here. Like the roles were reversed from nowhere.

And seriously, I like Cilan and all, but that play of Judge Connousier was ridiculous. I mean, dude's get pissed with Skyla but can't do it with trainers who abandon their pokemon?

Anyway, the episode was still good, specially for not pushing the easy solution of "Defeat means Friendship" by making Suwana become a good guy after his loss. I did like Pignite just rejecting his offer to come back to him.

Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    Saw the pictures, looks like I'll like this episode.

Glad to see Krokorok out and eating...can't say the same for Stunfisk, Crustle, or Excadrill though...at less Ash's other Pokemon aren't on him so they can't be feed...by him at less(Juniper better be feeding them D: ). I can't recall ever seeing Stunfisk, Crustle, or Excadrill eating before...

I liked Cilan's court thing.

Suwama seemed rather creepy...kind of like him now, still kind of looks like he's on something though.

I enjoyed the battles and back story and whatnot.
    Been like that for a while, there are a lot of episode where only the starters are eating, or only Axew and Pikachu.

Dent likes to starve his pokemon :P.

----------------------------------------

Saw the pictures on Filb and Serebii and it looks like a great episode, well done and what most people wanted/expected.

Never though Fire Pledge would look like that, maybe because I've never read its description, anyway looks ****ing great .

Can't wait to watch the episode, is it just me or did this animator make Pignite chubbier then usual?(comparing it to Belle's), its still a cutie pie though.
    Last edited by Sushi; 4th May 2012 at 2:05 PM.

That trainer doesn't get a lot of sleep, does he?

Great episode, too bad the Cilan cancer's 'comedy' (which didn't fit at all in what was supposed to be a serious episode) ran overly long and squeezed out any time that could have been used to develop the backstory a bit more or give the battle a more believable ending. Outside of that, though, at least everything else was decently well done.

Suwama is the hero Best Wishes deserves. No more of these best-friend not-rivals or pathetic jokes like Trip. Suwama might actually be a bigger dirtbag than Paul, and an guy like that is exactly what we need more of. Assuming he returns again we'll only have two of those.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Been like that for a while, there are a lot of episode where only the starters are eating, or only Axew and Pikachu.

Dent likes to starve his pokemon :P.
    So that's how Dento gets them to be so strong :P

Saw the pictures on Filb and Serebii and it looks like a great episode, well done and what most people wanted/expected.

Never though Fire Pledge would look like that, maybe because I've never read its description, anyway looks ****ing great .

Can't wait to watch the episode, is it just me or did this animator make Pignite chubbier then usual?(comparing it to Belle's), its still a cutie pie though.
    Agreed, I was also surprised with how cool Fire Pledge looked. Much cooler than in-game thank goodness. It makes me want to see the other Pledge moves now. Oh and Pignite's Flame Charge looked freaking awesome too.

It does feel like that, I was actually thinking the same thing about Pignite.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

Yeah, I too was a bit surprised how somewhat passive Ash seemed here. You would think Tepig was Iris' Pokemon, Ash certainly got angry but it didn't seem to the degree Iris did.

Ash is probably more used to this kind of thing seeing as he's seen in 3 different times now.

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by gohan5 View Post
    So that's how Dento gets them to be so strong :P
    Must be why Yanappu fails so hard, he is almost always fed in group scenarios.

Quote Originally Posted by quote
    Agreed, I was also surprised with how cool Fire Pledge looked. Much cooler than in-game thank goodness. It makes me want to see the other Pledge moves now. Oh and Pignite's Flame Charge looked freaking awesome too.

It does feel like that, I was actually thinking the same thing about Pignite.
    Guess with a larger body means more mass, hence the E(nergy)=m(ass)c^2 portion of the equation led to a stronger Nitro Charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Aker View Post
    Ash is probably more used to this kind of thing seeing as he's seen in 3 different times now.
    Pfft. So does that mean Ash actually kept some knowledge with him after DP? XDDD

Ash: >.> I had enough fighting with Paul over this stuff. We don't need a DP rehash.

XDDD

“...This is a tricky problem, huh. I really, really want to see the other Heroes... and if it works out, I want to make friends with them! If I made friends with six Heroes, I’d be an awesome mage! We could even conquer the world!”
    -Flatt Escardos, Fate Strange Fake
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204
    tumblr|fanfiction

Slowpoke, but I just discovered that Suwama was Jun Fukuyama's mysterious role.

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    There was nothing wrong with the court scene. It just sounds like a personal problem of yours.
    Like I said before, this thread is full of blind Cilan stans. For the millionth time, the courtroom scene was completely redundant. It just gave Cilan more screen time; screen time that belonged to Tepig, but was completely wasted. If Oshawott, Piplup, or some other screen time hog Pokemon had gotten a three minute scene like Cilan's, you guys would be baring your teeth and calling that Pokemon every bad name under the Sun. But because it's precious Cilan, the scene was "funny." You guys really need to get your priorities straight.

I think I've seen only two minscule references to certain other abandoned fire types, but come on! This episode had nearly the same plotline as Season 1's 'Charmander, the Stray Pokemon'. Sad little fire-type dangerously close to death? Yes. Sad little fire-type still loyal to first trainer even though he abandoned it? Check. Jackass trainer abandoned the pokemon because it was weak? Yup. Main Character not named Ash chews Jackass trainer out? Uh-huh. Jackass trainer witnesses the previously abandoned fire-type battle under Ash's command? Checky check. Jackass trainer wants the fire-type now that they're strong (and the jackass didn't have to train it)? Yep yep yep. Jackass trainer gets fried by Ash's new fire-type? Hell yes.
    I can't be the only one that noticed this. (I know Paul abandoned Chimchar as well, but I never saw that episode, so I can't say anything about them, and I don't remember the circumstances of Cyndaquil's capture.)
    Another sign the anime needs to stop: They're re-hashing the same plot over and over.

~Jennie

Like I said before, this thread is full of blind Cilan stans. For the millionth time, the courtroom scene was completely redundant. It just gave Cilan more screen time
    Oh KIRA, there are people who loved the courtroom scene for the courtroom scene and not simply for Cilan because they are not all Cilan fans. Plus Iris got some funny moments in that sequence with her constantly yelling in the Jury stands and Judge Cilan having to silence her. Besides nobody should even be looking too much into this scene anyway, it is better to watch it from a child's point of view as a simple, fun, scene IMO.

Long story short: Cilan caused it, but he wasn't the only focus. Everybody was, so I can't see how it was a Cilan-only comedy moment. And besides, why is it a problem if people enjoy fun Cilan scenes? Is it a crime?
    Last edited by Raptor_Crow; 4th May 2012 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm Wendjule View Post
    I think I've seen only two minscule references to certain other abandoned fire types, but come on! This episode had nearly the same plotline as Season 1's 'Charmander, the Stray Pokemon'. Sad little fire-type dangerously close to death? Yes. Sad little fire-type still loyal to first trainer even though he abandoned it? Check. Jackass trainer abandoned the pokemon because it was weak? Yup. Main Character not named Ash chews Jackass trainer out? Uh-huh. Jackass trainer witnesses the previously abandoned fire-type battle under Ash's command? Checky check. Jackass trainer wants the fire-type now that they're strong (and the jackass didn't have to train it)? Yep yep yep. Jackass trainer gets fried by Ash's new fire-type? Hell yes.
    I can't be the only one that noticed this. (I know Paul abandoned Chimchar as well, but I never saw that episode, so I can't say anything about them, and I don't remember the circumstances of Cyndaquil's capture.)
    Another sign the anime needs to stop: They're re-hashing the same plot over and over.

~Jennie
    Because you think one episode is a rehash. What a post. *rolls eyes*

EDIT Rank up.

Like I said before, this thread is full of blind Cilan stans. For the millionth time, the courtroom scene was completely redundant. It just gave Cilan more screen time; screen time that belonged to Tepig, but was completely wasted. If Oshawott, Piplup, or some other screen time hog Pokemon had gotten a three minute scene like Cilan's, you guys would be baring your teeth and calling that Pokemon every bad name under the Sun. But because it's precious Cilan, the scene was "funny." You guys really need to get your priorities straight.
    ...Is "redundant" your favorite word or something...I see you using it all the time...

I don't see what your problem is with redundancy, not every show needs every second of every episode to be perfectly plot related to make the show good or whatever...every show I've seen with a plot always has these kind of scenes, they are comedic relief scenes in this case, fairly common. Pokemon isn't a very plot driven show anyways, it has a mix of your typical Anime with a plot, and your Saturday morning cartoons, it's ultimately there to advertise and entertain. Take the show as it's meant to be, other wise don't watch(Or in your case just look at the pictures).

The scene wasn't even completely Cilan centered. I haven't watched the episode myself yet, but I saw some Suwama, Ash, Iris, and Pokemon in the scene too, Cilan was just setting up the scene. Also, the scene wasn't even that long...again I haven't actually watched the episode yet, but it certainly didn't look like it was very long...I don't see how the small amount of time on that scene could be any beneficial for anyone in that episode, I mean how long was the scene exactly? I'm certain the small time wasn't wasted on anything. Tepig got it's spotlight for most of the episode as is, not sure what else could have been added...

Whether you enjoyed the scene or not, it really doesn't matter, the scene was meant as comedy, maybe even more, I don't know for sure, I don't know what was said, but judging by the pictures, looked like it was meant to weigh in on the situation of the episode...just with some comedic parts. You can like it or hate it, but the fact of the matter is, it wasn't a huge scene, it wouldn't benefit anyone had the time been given to them, it was just a short comedic scene, and like all scenes, whether they are good or bad is merely an opinion and personal perception.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm Wendjule View Post

~Jennie
    I don't see what's wrong with rehashing...like you said, you never saw the episodes with Chimchar and Cyndaquil, who's to say others haven't seen those and the Charmander episode? I can assure you that there probably are people who haven't seen it, so this could be the first time seeing this kind of plot for the show. It doesn't matter if they reuse plot, everyone does it, it's fairly hard not to especially when you have a very long running show, 738 episodes and still counting...you can't honestly believe that anyone could make 738+ episodes with different plots do you? It can't be done...unless you want to be getting into some fairly dull and completely messed up episodes, probably end up canceled or something.

The anime doesn't need to stop. Not everyone has seen every episode, so plots will be different and unique to some. I've seen a lot of the episodes myself, and I have no issue with the same plot being used over again, then again I don't complain about a show that's there to advertise and entertain...

The anime doesn't need to stop, you need to stop watching, because it's clearly not working for you, go watch something that is actually to your liking.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Ahem. I just want to say, that, after viewing the episode pictures, I can't express just how awesome Snivy is in this one. She is just brilliant since all the episodes in which she had plenty of screen time. She's still my favorite, no matter what happens.

21. Default

Finally all the spoilers that the ending created have taken place... I'm getting tired of the ending, I hope they change it soon!

1st off im glad that the evolution spoiler saga is finally over....but will probably start again when the new opening comes. Anyway! This episode looked very good, not just tepig development along with evolution and a new move (he seriously needs to learn a non-fire type move), but some snivy development as well. But now it comes to this, i read here that in this episode snivy's trainer was mentioned? Now lets see, oshawott had its swimming problem solved and mastered a move, tepig had his ex-trainer problem and evolved, now whats gonna happen for snivy? (or any of ashs pokemon if the develop them too)
    Friends are family you choose

Quote Originally Posted by Supersonicbro View Post
    1st off im glad that the evolution spoiler saga is finally over....but will probably start again when the new opening comes. Anyway! This episode looked very good, not just tepig development along with evolution and a new move (he seriously needs to learn a non-fire type move), but some snivy development as well. But now it comes to this, i read here that in this episode snivy's trainer was mentioned? Now lets see, oshawott had its swimming problem solved and mastered a move, tepig had his ex-trainer problem and evolved, now whats gonna happen for snivy? (or any of ashs pokemon if the develop them too)
    I don't think Snivy's trainer was really mentioned in-depth, just that she had a trainer before Ash like Pignite did. I definitely would like to eventually hear more about Snivy's backstory, though. There's some great potential there.

Also, I actually don't mind the so-called rehashing. This episode was pretty clearly - to me anyway - an homage to the Charmander episode, especially at the end with Pignite frying Suwama.

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    Slowpoke, but I just discovered that Suwama was Jun Fukuyama's mysterious role.
    Maybe that increases the chances of him appearing again, I agree with you on him appearing again and keep his assolishness till the end.

Quote Originally Posted by RickHoenn View Post
    What the heck are you talking about? which post? anyway I said some people if you fit in it then that's not my problem and what's exactly wrong with Cilan taking a scene here? we also saw Iris' angry reactions about Suwama, Oshawott asleep, Snivy acting like a boss/big sister, I don't get why Judge Cilan is a big deal. Did he do something wrong? (I'm not a Cilan stan in any way, shape or form, Brock >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> but the bashing for Cilan is getting ridiculous).
    Wha-? Did you even read properly my post? ONCE AGAIN I wasn't talking about Cilan... My complain is about the scene itself cause IMO "all that dream scene was unnecessary in a emotional episode (but seeing Oshawott sleeping was priceless)".

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast