Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 325

Thread: Evolution by Fire! (738)

  1. Default

    Saw it HD with great audio quality and have to correct myself.

    Suwama mentions in the opening "Oretachi Fire Warrior no jitsuryoku wo misete yare!", meaning "Let's show them our real power as Fire Warriors!"

    So he does count himself as a "Fire Warrior," although that does not imply he is a grass-muncher like some folks claimed. While not a Grass killer, he does seem to be a Fire-type enthusiast or specialist.

    Just goes to show Keyhole's quality is crap. It sure isn't on my end as my internet speed is 35Mbps down&Upload.

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Kansas City.
    Posts
    575

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Phoenix View Post
    Good episode today. The story's pace and the battles were quite interesting. Also, it's nice having a bit more of insight in Tepig's personality.

    But, a issue I had was: Ash acted a bit too... passive in the episode's beggining. I mean, the one who getting pissed with Suwana's behavior was Iris when it should have been Ash. Actually, in that part, I felt Iris was being more Ash than Ash himself, if that makes sense. I get the character needs something to do but it seemed really off here. Like the roles were reversed from nowhere.
    They were finding a way to make Iris interesting since she was going to be in the background like always so why not let her say a few words. Not like she will be doing any battling that's for sure.
    And as far as that Cilan courtroom scene was, just like Oshawott's snore, that's what I was doing.


    Coolest Eevee evolution ever!

  3. #153
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ship to Hoenn
    Posts
    46,657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Royal_Qeca View Post
    Wha-? Did you even read properly my post? ONCE AGAIN I wasn't talking about Cilan... My complain is about the scene itself cause IMO "all that dream scene was unnecessary in a emotional episode (but seeing Oshawott sleeping was priceless)".
    Just ignore the Cilan stans. They always get bothered whenever someone questions Cilan's motives. But he'll be out of our hair soon enough, and then we'll finally be able to get the anime back on the right track. And like I said before, I think Oshawott was sleeping on purpose because of how redundant the courtroom scene was. Some people actually believe that he was sleeping because he was trying to shade Tepig, but those people are just trying to take out their frustration because Tepig's spotlight was stolen.

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A Dying World
    Posts
    3,603

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    Just ignore the Cilan stans. They always get bothered whenever someone questions Cilan's motives. But he'll be out of our hair soon enough, and then we'll finally be able to get the anime back on the right track. And like I said before, I think Oshawott was sleeping on purpose because of how redundant the courtroom scene was. Some people actually believe that he was sleeping because he was trying to shade Tepig, but those people are just trying to take out their frustration because Tepig's spotlight was stolen.
    But it wasn't stolen, it was just funny and the people who do b!tch and moan need to recognise that Tepig and Oshawott are always going to be at eachother's throats. Gosh.


    "History is a nightmare from which I am trying to awake."

  5. Default

    Here's comes some HD screencaps I made - enjoy

        Spoiler:- IMG Heavy:
    Last edited by Banana Knight Arthur; 4th May 2012 at 7:41 PM.

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    All over the place
    Posts
    1,843

    Default

    Does anyone know what that throwing move watchog used was?
    Draconic Pokemon are King: My Deviant: http://xxd17.deviantart.com

    Future Omega Ruby Team:

  7. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XXD17 View Post
    Does anyone know what that throwing move watchog used was?
    You don't read much do you?

    Open the spoiler.....


    Quote Originally Posted by Elekible-Kid View Post
    Here's comes some HD screencaps I made - enjoy

        Spoiler:- IMG Heavy:

  8. #158
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ship to Hoenn
    Posts
    46,657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elice_Carol View Post
    But it wasn't stolen, it was just funny and the people who do b!tch and moan need to recognise that Tepig and Oshawott are always going to be at eachother's throats. Gosh.
    It was stolen, sis. The courtroom scene threw everything off balance, and if you actually read through the first five pages of the thread, you would have noticed that more than half of the people were discussing that scene. It was distracting because it made people forget about the main point of the episode, which was Tepig's evolution.

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    2,125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    Just ignore the Cilan stans. They always get bothered whenever someone questions Cilan's motives. But he'll be out of our hair soon enough, and then we'll finally be able to get the anime back on the right track. And like I said before, I think Oshawott was sleeping on purpose because of how redundant the courtroom scene was. Some people actually believe that he was sleeping because he was trying to shade Tepig, but those people are just trying to take out their frustration because Tepig's spotlight was stolen.
    LOL at the reductive ATRL slang hahaha and no, nobody is hot and bothered, it's just you and your troll-ish ways to bash Cilan on a daily basis that get annoying with time.

    You'll have to deal with the screen-hogging sommelier for a long time lol
    Last edited by RickHoenn; 4th May 2012 at 9:45 PM.

  10. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    It was stolen, sis. The courtroom scene threw everything off balance, and if you actually read through the first five pages of the thread, you would have noticed that more than half of the people were discussing that scene. It was distracting because it made people forget about the main point of the episode, which was Tepig's evolution.
    Hate to agree with Kira, the way most people discussed this scene, many would think this episode was Pokemon - Law&Order starring Dento, the way they were laser-beam eye focused on it. Great to see Mijuwott's lazy bum personality shine forward, at a time when his companions were rallying in support of Pokabu~.~

    But after watching the full episode, again, but this time in pristine HD, and not hungover, you realize the court scene is fairly short and the focus of the episode was Chaobuu and they executed that faithfully and effectively. At least 75% of these people have not even seen the actual episode, and have only seen lesser quality screenshots and hearsay.
    Last edited by Banana Knight Arthur; 4th May 2012 at 9:47 PM.

  11. #161
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    All over the place
    Posts
    1,843

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elekible-Kid View Post
    You don't read much do you?

    Open the spoiler.....
    Oh no! I didn't bother to open your long list of overly large pictures! No need to be so snide about it...it's just a question...
    Draconic Pokemon are King: My Deviant: http://xxd17.deviantart.com

    Future Omega Ruby Team:

  12. #162
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Where World Champions Live
    Posts
    2,681

    Default

    All right, enough already. As great as it is that there's a fierce discussion about this ep, it's unacceptable to attack others for having a certain opinion... or for any reason at all. I've seen people receiving verbal abuse for disliking the courtroom scene (and vice versa, but mostly the former). It's not okay and I want it to stop.

    If you liked the scene, good for you, but it's also perfectly fine if someone didn't like it. An opinion can never be right or wrong. Whether Cilan sucks or is the greatest character in existence can't scientifically be determined. It's all subjective, which is why any claims along the lines of, "That's the way it is, period" are absolutely pointless. Get off each other's backs and stop forcing your opinion on others, please. Contrary to popular belief, being a decent person is still a very welcome trait in this section.

    ----

    On a more related note, I very much enjoyed this episode. The animation was slightly weak at certain points, but vastly improved towards the end. This marks also one of the few times in which the heroic Arceus theme from movie 12 didn't feel exaggerated and misplaced.

  13. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XXD17 View Post
    Oh no! I didn't bother to open your long list of overly large pictures! No need to be so snide about it...it's just a question...
    I put a "image-heavy" warning on it.......I can't help if you are not able to read 2-word phrases......


    In other on-topic news, I enjoyed the way Chaobuu was animated except for a few choice static scenes towards the last couple of minutes.

    Also after hearing clear audio of Ash's Chaobuu's distinct voice, due to having a different seiyuu from Bel's, it has grown on me, sounds more manly than Bel's, albeit they're both male.
    Last edited by Banana Knight Arthur; 4th May 2012 at 10:06 PM. Reason: typo xD

  14. #164
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    365

    Default

    I just watched the episode, and i don't see how people could remember the tiny cilan part after that bonding moment with snivy and tepig, and then that intense battle, with snivy pushing tepig out the way like that and then tepigs evolution and then that fire pledge and nitro charge combo.
    Friends are family you choose

  15. #165
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,407

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    Just ignore the Cilan stans. They always get bothered whenever someone questions Cilan's motives. But he'll be out of our hair soon enough, and then we'll finally be able to get the anime back on the right track. And like I said before, I think Oshawott was sleeping on purpose because of how redundant the courtroom scene was. Some people actually believe that he was sleeping because he was trying to shade Tepig, but those people are just trying to take out their frustration because Tepig's spotlight was stolen.
    Or he still has that animosity with Tepig and didn't care much for his situation. Which just makes Oshawott a total butt.

    Random : PokéRadar


  16. #166
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    708

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UnbelievableUrsula View Post
    They were finding a way to make Iris interesting since she was going to be in the background like always so why not let her say a few words. Not like she will be doing any battling that's for sure.
    My issue isn't with her saying a few words. My issue is more like that she was seemed more pissed than Ash who just happens to be Tepig's trainer. I wouldn't mind if Ash had shared the same reaction she had OR at least not look so... passive with the whole situation.

  17. #167
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    my house
    Posts
    6,170

    Default

    Ok I watched the episode. Suwana's voice was cool.

    Now to the Courtroom Scene I liked it and I thought it was funny (especially that Dento had to silence Iris xD) but what I didn't like was the lack of music until the second part of it. Sure, Courtrooms normally don't, but I think some would have spiced it up a bit. :/ I'm going to seriously play Tango Brilliante for Orchestra while I rewatch the scene to see if that music works for Dento's scenes. XDDD


    EDIT: 00poke_maniac: The Song Sommeliere

    O-O;

    Actually....the build up when the lights started flickering on was almost perfect...it would have been more epic if Dento had a bigger scene to fit that music. XDD The scary part is how this specific song has creepy parts in it, so it kind of matched to when Pokabu was being released...and the song was actually a bit longer than the scene. XDD
    Last edited by JennaJayfeather; 5th May 2012 at 12:01 AM.
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

  18. #168
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ship to Hoenn
    Posts
    46,657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tails_Sliat View Post
    Or he still has that animosity with Tepig and didn't care much for his situation. Which just makes Oshawott a total butt.
    That's not what it was. Oshawott just didn't care about what was going on because it was boring and irrelevant. Oshawott and Tepig may not get along that well, but Oshawott isn't going to ignore Tepig's big moments. You guys are making him out to be like Piplup, but Oshawott actually has a kind soul; you just have to dig deep to find it.

  19. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    Ok I watched the episode. Suwana's voice was cool.

    Now to the Courtroom Scene I liked it and I thought it was funny (especially that Dento had to silence Iris xD) but what I didn't like was the lack of music until the second part of it. Sure, Courtrooms normally don't, but I think some would have spiced it up a bit. :/ I'm going to seriously play Tango Brilliante for Orchestra while I rewatch the scene to see if that music works for Dento's scenes. XDDD
    And if you notice, everyone(the Pokemon in the Jury stand) really stand up for Pokabu, except for Mijuwott. Either Mijuwott was being a bit of a jerk, or he was asleep all along, remember when Aloe's Yorterry used Roar, and Mijuwott was pulled out, albeit unexpectedly, and he had been sleeping.

    Perhaps Dento's impromptu Court interrupted Mijuwott's beauty sleep?

  20. #170
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,407

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    That's not what it was. Oshawott just didn't care about what was going on because it was boring and irrelevant. Oshawott and Tepig may not get along that well, but Oshawott isn't going to ignore Tepig's big moments. You guys are making him out to be like Piplup, but Oshawott actually has a kind soul; you just have to dig deep to find it.
    I love Oshawott. It's just seeing asleep when everyone was arguing about how wrong Suwama treated Tepig, rubbed me the wrong way. You say he wouldn't ignore it but he fell asleep while everyone else was screaming angrily at Suwama.

    Random : PokéRadar


  21. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tails_Sliat View Post
    I love Oshawott. It's just seeing asleep when everyone was arguing about how wrong Suwama treated Tepig, rubbed me the wrong way. You say he wouldn't ignore it but he fell asleep while everyone else was screaming angrily at Suwama.
    Guess it's to be expected behavior from Mijuwott. After all he is the baby on the team, next to Zuruggu. I see most of Ash's roster as teenagers, in a metaphorical sense, obviously there're not that old but, Pikachu a 20-something, and Mijuwott and Zuruggu as the toddlers(4-5yrs old at best).

  22. #172
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,407

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elekible-Kid View Post
    Guess it's to be expected behavior from Mijuwott. After all he is the baby on the team, next to Zuruggu. I see most of Ash's roster as teenagers, in a metaphorical sense, obviously there're not that old but, Pikachu a 20-something, and Mijuwott and Zuruggu as the toddlers(4-5yrs old at best).
    I don't see him as a toddler. Only Scraggy.

    Random : PokéRadar


  23. #173
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    672

    Default

    This was a great episode. Suwama was such a big insensitive jerk to poor Pokabu who thought his trainer still cared for it and then his world got shattered when he found out it was the opposite. Of course Suwama would get a Flamethrower to the face from Charbu. Iris was more ticked off at Suwama than Satoshi (after Suwama's reveal on how he really reacted to leaving Pokabu) when she realized Suwama was in fact Pokabu's old trainer.

    I loved the courtroom scene- What did Dent call himself? A Trial Sommelier? I enjoyed Iris constantly raging in the Jury stands and Judge Dent having to silence her all the time, both Dent and Iris fans could be entertained by it if they wanted to. It was great both Iris and Dent got a good, equal, amount of screen time in the episode instead of just being in the stand-lines. But most of this episode focused on Pokabu, Satoshi and Suwama with Tsutarja added to mix like it was supposed to. All the screen time was balanced just fine in regards to the plot.

    While I loved it, I'm glad the courtroom scene was only a small portion of this ep, not taking up too much time.

    Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    Just ignore the Cilan stans. They always get bothered whenever someone questions Cilan's motives.
    No, I'm sorry KIRA, you're just over-hyping everything. I've never seen a Cilan fan get bothered when anyone questions what he does. Or maybe there's one or two who must be hiding as I have never come across them. It's more like Cilan fans don't even give a damn. Iris fans get bothered when people say mean stuff about her because at least they have a reason to, Cilan fans, however, have none that is why there is hardly defending.

    Negatively overreacting any time somebody says how they enjoyed a certain something Cilan does makes you no better than those people who called Iris a Mary-Sue. Like Sushi said, if you don't want to like the courtroom scene then don't, but there's no need to nitpick at those who enjoyed it. That goes for any Cilan moment. Also not everybody who bad mouths Iris or Oshawott is a Cilan fan so no need to take your frustration out on them.

    Long story short; People can like what they like and hate what they hate. No need to nag towards others for enjoying a scene featuring their favorite character. If Iris or Oshawott did something silly/humorous there will be people who will find it funny, however people who don't like either of them will probably find it annoying or stupid. But would they complain at Iris or Oshawott lovers for enjoying it? No, they won't. And neither should people who aren't fond of Cilan when they are annoyed by one of his flashy moments. Basically have respect.
    Last edited by Raptor_Crow; 5th May 2012 at 2:15 AM.

  24. #174
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    New Tork City
    Posts
    7,738

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor_Crow View Post
    No, I'm sorry KIRA, you're just over-hyping everything. I've never seen a Cilan fan get bothered when anyone questions what he does. Or maybe there's one or two who must be hiding as I have never come across them. It's more like Cilan fans don't even give a damn.
    I don't think you've been watching closely enough.

    (Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

    The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate


    Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

  25. #175
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    672

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    I don't think you've been watching closely enough.
    If there are those kinds of people then I should be watching very closely to find them, because so far I haven't.

    Or perhaps it is because I mostly ignore all that whining as much as I can and prefer to read positive comments on a character and an ep. The only thing I can't ignore is people nitpicking at others for liking a scene/character. Because, in the end, as long as I enjoyed something I'm satisfied. I never look deeply into the Pokémon series.
    Last edited by Raptor_Crow; 5th May 2012 at 3:41 AM.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •