Thread: BW2 RU/NU Analysis

Default BW2 RU/NU Analysis

BW2 RU/NU is one of the lesser used tiers in competitive battling; it's banished into the shadows by the more popular tiers, namely OU, UU and Ubers. Without extremely significant threats like Terrakion in OU, originality comes into play more often than less in RU and NU. Strategies that are nonexistent in OU find their way into RU/NU; Trick Room, Gravity, and Hail to name a few.
    This thread is for players (like me) who play RU or NU to discuss strategies and competitive aspects about these tiers, and also to show off pokemon that have potential to be a threat in RU and NU.

Example:

Shuckle@Leftovers/Chesto Berry
    Trait: Gluttony
    EVS: 252 HP; 126 SpDef; 126 Def
    -Knock Off
    -Toxic
    -Rest
    -Protect
    Behold the troll pokemon, Shuckle. I really cant believe its non-existant even in NU with those massive defensive stats (besides its HP which really sucks). Knock Off is to get rid of items that other pokemon are holding; removing a Choice Scarf/Band/Specs sometimes completely changes the pokemon around. Toxic + Protect is Shuckle's most reliable way of damage, allowing him to stall out many pokemon. ChestoRest is for instant recovery in case something manages to bring you down in HP.

This pokemon should be used more due to its monstrous defenses, tanking hits that would destroy other walls.
    Credit to Astral Shadow!

Well, here's this set I like using, but it's more jok-ish than anything, however it is still pretty viable.

Shellder @ Focus Sash
    Ability: Skill Link
    Nature: Adamant / Jolly
    EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spe/4 HP
    - Shell Smash
    - Rock Blast
    - Razor Shell
    - Icicle.. .something

It's just like a Cloyster clone, except sash would, imo, work better than white herb, due to special moves being really common. anyways, it's usually used as a lead: Shell Smash, then take down a pokemon or two. Sometimes it gets lucky when osmeone uses Stealth Rock on turn 1, which means an extra SS boost. It usually can take down 1~2 mons, before dying somehow. I've 6-0'd someone with a +4... he had a huge ice and rock weakness, so that explains everything :3

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Okay, so I'm going to get some sets in here that I've found particularly useful.

Uxie @ Leftovers Lv. 100 -- Levitate
    Nature: Timid - EVs: 96 HP / 188 SAtk / 224 Spd

- Thunderbolt
    - Psychic/Psyshock
    - Substitute
    - Calm Mind

Ah yes, SubCM Uxie. This is a great late-game bulky sweeper that we rarely see these days. You simply Substitute up to prevent status and then start setting up CM's as they hopelessly try to break your sub. You know what happens next, you start clicking Thunderbolt and Psychic/Psyshock for some major damage and if your opponent doesn't have a resist to these attacks, it's practically GG from there. I would highly recommend it for those who like setting up and sweeping.

Golem @ Lum Berry Lv. 100 -- Sturdy
    Nature: Adamant - EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spd

- Stealth Rock
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Blast
    - Sucker Punch

Oh my goodness, this Golem is an excellent anti-lead for NU. Sturdy guarantees you get Stealth Rock up. Lum Berry allows you to prevent status such as Burn and Freeze. Earthquake is obligatory STAB for other Rock and Fire types that may be lurking around in the tier. Rock Blast helps you break Substitutes if Pokemon would dare set up on it. Sucker Punch is great priority for Ghost and Psychic types. All in all, this is a great set, and if you want a great anti-lead to set up SR in NU, this is your guy right here.

This is a gimmick yet surprisingly luck based set for Cinccino that I found on youtube. I believe it came from Nbz?

EV: Go all out 252 on attack and speed
    Ability: skill link
    Item: King's Rock
    Moveset:
    Bullet Seed
    Tail Slap
    Rock blast
    Substitute / thunder wave

Imagine being paralyzed and/or you're slower than Cinccino. you are attacked 5 times and you lived. But ... your pokemon flinched! 5 attacks in one turn means one of those 5 attacks may flinch you. Its fun to use and may actually win you a game. I tried it myself and its fun. She's like the mini parahax Jirachi minus the typing and movepool.
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

Yay people are posting!!!!
    Absol got recently moved up to RU, and I've been thinking of a set. It's about the same as the Standard NU Set, but with a few tweaks to deal with the threats in RU.

Absol@Life Orb/Focus Sash
    Nature: Adamant/Jolly
    EVS: 252 Atk; 252 Spd; 4 Def/SpD/HP
    Trait: Pressure
    -Sucker Punch
    -Stone Edge
    -Swords Dance
    -Superpower

Sucker Punch is the main STAB, as usual. A 120 (STAB calculated) power coming off of a base 130 ATK really hurts. Stone Edge is for Entei and Archeops, and Swords Dance is to boost that ATK even farther. Superpower is for coverage, and crushes other dark types that would otherwise have be a thorn in Absol's side.
    Credit to Astral Shadow!

Whimsicott (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Prankster
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Spd
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Giga Drain
    - Encore
    - Substitute
    - Stun Spore

I love this thing. It acts as a special wall, and whenever you see something like a choice scarf Zebstrika or Sawk running wild with thunderbolt or close combat respectively, you can just step in and stun spore it to cripple it. Prankster Substitute is also very handy, as you can set it up on a predicted switch or when you want to stall out for example a stone edge. When your opponent breaks your sub, you can encore it and then switch into a counter. Giga drain heals and is useful against Golem and Golurk (I use it in NU). While being walled by some things, it fits into nearly every team, as a nice security against fast threats.
        Spoiler:- DD stuff:

Musharna @ Leftovers
    Trait: Synchronize
    EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SpD
    Bold Nature
    - Calm Mind
    - Stored Power
    - Signal Beam
    - Moonlight

I love Musharna. She can take hits, and dish them out. She has enough bulk to set up plenty of Calm Minds, which makes Stored Power ridiculously powerful.
    Shiny Mega Gardevoir thinks his black dress is totally stylish. Shiny Mega Gallade wishes he looked that good. :P

RPer's profile, 3DS Friend Code, and Nintendo Network ID

Stone Edge is for Entei and Archeops
    Shouldn't you be Sucker Punch if you ever end up against Archeops?
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Goldeen keeps stealing the Magical Karp's splashing glory in Smash.

stone edge catches it on the switch in
    one of my personnal favorites in RU is
    Entei@choice band
    pressure
    adamant
    252attack/252 speed/4hp
    -flare blitz
    -stone edge
    -extreme speed
    -iron head

hes very mainstream but hes so cool, obviously he cant really sweep and functions like CB dragonite in OU, without the multiscales and confusion :P

I'll do Archeops ;p

Archeops@ Choice Band/Choice Scarf
    Nature: Adamant/Jolly/Naive
    EVs: 252 att/252 Speed/4 HP
    Stone Edge
    U-Turn
    Earthquake
    Head Smash/HP Fire

One of my favorite Pokemon and a dangerous wallbreaker. Stone Edge is the main STAB and can hit things such as Aerodactyl, Scyther, Sigilyph, Cincinno, Entei and more for massive damage. Head Smash is another choice if your aiming for a suicidal lead. U-Turn deals with Tangrowth, Slowking, Sceptile and the pixies. Earthquake is for Aggron and friends who would wall your other moves. If Head Smash isn't suiting you, HP Fire can take on Ferroseed, Escavalier and Amoongus more easily. Band is for more power and Scarf is for more speed.

Quote Originally Posted by mcdanger View Post
    stone edge catches it on the switch in
    one of my personnal favorites in RU is
    Entei@choice band
    pressure
    adamant
    252attack/252 speed/4hp
    -flare blitz
    -stone edge
    -extreme speed
    -iron head

hes very mainstream but hes so cool, obviously he cant really sweep and functions like CB dragonite in OU, without the multiscales and confusion :P
    Entei actually can sweep, but requires tons of support

Escavalier@leftovers
    EVS: 252 HP; 252 SpD; 4 Atk
    Nature: -SpA; +SpD
    Trait: Swarm
    -Toxic
    -Protect
    -Megahorn
    -Iron Head

A VERY uncommon SpD wall, this poke catches lots of ppl by surprise. It acts as a perfect counter for Sceptile who arent running HP Fire and KO back with Megahorn. It also can actually do some decent damage with the high attack it has, with double STAB Iron Head and Megahorn.
    Credit to Astral Shadow!