View Poll Results: What Pokemon has most significantly changed the game because of its DW ability?

Voters
224. You may not vote on this poll
  • Drizzle Politoed

64 28.57%
  • Magic Bounce Espeon

21 9.38%
  • Multiscale Dragonite

31 13.84%
  • Speed Boost Blaziken

46 20.54%
  • Drought Ninetales

12 5.36%
  • Chlorophyll Venusaur

5 2.23%
  • Hydration Vaporeon

1 0.45%
  • Poison Heal Gliscor

11 4.91%
  • Magic Guard Alakazam

8 3.57%
  • Insomnia Delibird

25 11.16%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Best Released Dream World Pokemon

pokemon dont have to be ou to be good. drizzletoed gets my vote.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

If we are counting ubers then it is speed boost blaziken.

If not then it's politoed. I don't see how anyone could say anything other than this tbh

Not understanding all the votes for Speed Boost Blazekin. I presume we're on about OU here, so I can't see how it effected things. Basically, it was soon identified as too powerful and was banned pretty quickly, so Blazekin went from being seen not much in OU, because it was UU, to not being seen in OU, because it was Uber. Not much of an impact, if you ask me.
    Hey Serebii, how you doing? Not sure how many of you guys from way back are out there, but just to let you know that I'm back, though I'm not sure how regularly I'll be on. Thanks for everything, and I hope I can continue to enjoy my time here!

3DS Friend Code: 2105 - 8928 - 6860

Looking for any breedable flawless Pokemon!

Dragonite, but Regenerator Slowbro deserves a mention.
    The only Nesquik you'll ever see in 3D.

I am a proud Catholic.

Shiny Charmander! Hatched via Masuda Method on 3/7/13
    Shiny Corphish! Chain fished on 10/30/13
    Shiny Skrelp! Chain fished on 10/30/13
    Shiny Horsea! Chain fished on 10/31/13 (Guess this is my Halloween treat)
    Shiny Frogadier! Random encounter in Friend Safari on 11/2/13 (Modest nature and 31 IV in speed)
    Shiny Tyrunt! Hatched via Masuda Method on 11/9/13

Want my Friend Code? Here it is:
    3DS: 1891-1325-6982
    White 2: 3397 1588 5337 Peter

Hmm... Tough decision!!!

Umm... Delibird is awesome with that Insomnia Ability!

But IMO Charizard with Solar Power is the best. ^_^ Despite the fact you lose HP, it's truly devastating in the Sun and with STAB!

Quote Originally Posted by Savanny
    This place is deader than my pets I have buried in the backyard...

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Flare Riolu View Post
    For the Battle Subway and PWT: Truant Durant.
    1) Use Entrainment.
    2) Switch out to a Baton Passer like Smeargle.
    3) Set up Shift Gear or Quiver Dance or any set up move you have while using Protect on the attacking turns of Truant.
    4) Use Substitute when the opponent can't move then Protect next turn
    5) Baton Pass to the Sweeper of your choice.

The only Lead Pokemon for the Leaders and Champions that has anything to counter Entrainment Durant is Brock's Onix with Protect in the Kanto Leaders Tournament but even with that, unless he uses it every other turn, you got nothing to worry about (It's only attacking move is Sand Tomb). Plus the AI is stupid enough to not switch out when it gets Truant.
    I've never used it before but I really do want to try it out.
    This actually sounds like a lot of fun.

Now to get my hands on one of those Durants....
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Nothing is more powerful than friendship. Well, except a +2/+2/+2 Adamant Kyurem Black. In which case, you're done for.

The Magic Guard Alakazam looks amazing to me. But I do also really like the Drizzle Politoed, the Magic Bounce Espeon, and the combination of Chlorophyll Venusaur and Drought Ninetales; they're all really effective as well. Can't wait to try some of these out!

I luv! Magic bounce espeon .... it livens up Hyper Offensive teams sooo much either by screens or by getting rid of those pesky Thunder Waves or Hazards without the need for Lum Berries or Spinners
    Also It goes great with Sun teams as well and so with Drought Ninetails
    But I think for changing the metagame it would be multiscale dnite. .. cause now it has soooo many options for use, it is EVERYWHERE .. be it DDer, Sp atker, tank, bulky ... the list is endless

Push da button

Lately been loving me some Ninetales and Venosaur combo, I'm playing around and trying to find the right 3rd pokemon to fit in there. Magnezone works ok unless I'm against a Garachomp :_:
    But now I really want a speed boost blaziken
    Hunting for this beast

Will Accept any trade.

I personally love the poison heal Gliscor. Always hated Breloom's design so it's nice to have a pokemon I actually like for that role.
    Name - AJ
    3DS FC: 1633-4190-9621
    Y Friend Safari: Wartortle, Bibaral, Poliwhirl
    Black 2 FC: 0004-1279-8556
    Black FC: 545787679565

Offering
    :
        Spoiler:- :

Wanted
    :

Spoiler:- :

While I did vote for Blaziken in this thread in the past, I have changed my mind since then. After gaining more experience, I'd say that Espeon is easily the best released Dream World Pokémon, just because of how universally useful I have realized the ability to reflect status and entry hazards to be.
    This is a battle. Of course it's gonna be unfair. That which is called 'battle' was a monster originally born of unfairness and intolerance. I can't stand that guy. I can beat that guy. I can't forgive that guy. We make enemies for all sorts of reasons, and from the moment you make an enemy, until one of you draws his last breath - you're in a battle.

Music

i think multiscale dragonite is way better than the others cuz this ability made him easily able to dance at least one time whick makes him a massive sweaper
    then comes blaziken even though he isn't usually able to dance and his obvious protect can leave him up to some weakness , and his main move HJK is really dangerous if the opponent has a ghost type PKMN
    and ofc drizzle and drought, even chlorophyll r very good abilities but they r more teamical
    I am Red. I conquered the Pokemon World more times that you have ever battled. I stand upon the top of the world from Mt. Silver. Indeed, I am the Living Legend as well as The Undefeated Battler. Millions have groveled under my Smash Pass. I am the Revolutionary Smashpasser! Now, bow down before your master! Do you have what it takes to have me as your Leader?
    (12:48:55) ±Porygon: Your rank in Wifi Ubers is 1/36151 [1789 points / 1695 battles]!
    WON THE 2011 POKEMON WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP.

This thread is also "The most annoying DW pokemon to fight online" Anyways, I go with SB Blaziken
    Pokemon Black FC: Name: Ricky FC:0390 3746 7969

Credit goes to iMillenium for the banner!

Heck yeah delibird!
    I am a proud christian.

(eating sandwhich) THIS IS DELICIOUS!

3ds fc-2595-0049-4886

black 2 fc- 1035-0063-4268
    black fc-4213 3080 3415
    ssbb fc-3526-1218-4292

It's gotta be blaziken. It went from nothing last generation to an uber this generation. That is just amazing.
    3DS FC: 5043 1366 9389

Quote Originally Posted by Wecondo12 View Post
    Heck yeah delibird!
    Bleh, that's over rated.

DW Beedril is where it's at.
    This thread is also "The most annoying DW pokemon to fight online" Anyways, I go with SB Blaziken
    Most annoying to fight online?

DW stunfisk with t-wave, substitute, and double team in a sandstorm.
    Nothing is more powerful than friendship. Well, except a +2/+2/+2 Adamant Kyurem Black. In which case, you're done for.

Quote Originally Posted by overlordmewtwo View Post
    Wow. This is a tough one. All Pokemon mentioned above improved from the Dream World, and each in their own way. I personally am going to vote for Blaziken just because of Speed Boost. I mean, getting banned to Ubers just because of your ability combined with great attacking stats? That sounds like an incredible improvement IMO.
    This. Otherwise I would have voted for Politoed, given the amount of rain teams that are running around.

PASBL

Claims: Gardevoir and Lulu(FFX)

I should say Drizzle Politoed but I really don't like to use a Drizzle Politoed because Drizzle+Swift Swim is banned and I use a Kindgra as my main sweeper, so I will have to say either Technician Breloom or Magic Guard Alakazam.
    THIS IS FOR MY NINTENDO 3DS HANDHELD SYSTEM 2664-2984-6619
    THIS IS FOR MY POKEMON WHITE VIDEO GAME Mike-0218-6703-3716

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Most annoying to fight online?

DW stunfisk with t-wave, substitute, and double team in a sandstorm.
    lol Zach! woo! yeah! ........ totally... most annoying.... hmmmmm
    I think i might actually have battled one of those ... that was a significant change

Push da button

Truant Durant being Baton Passed a mean look would make a great way to set up w/ a baton pass team. Im gonna try this.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDryBones1 View Post
    Truant Durant being Baton Passed a mean look would make a great way to set up w/ a baton pass team. Im gonna try this.
    Sadly, Mean Look cannot be Baton Passed anymore. However, the infamous Entrainment Truant Durant + Shadow Tag Chandelure combo was pretty annoying back in DW OU. There were a couple of times where I was able to pull it off and sweep teams nearly effortlessly with a +6 SubCM Chandelure.

Unhappy Blaziken aint uber

Speed Boost Blaziken, but most of the time I have trouble against Water, Flying Dragon and Psychic Pokémon with him (especially Starmie and Gyarados).

Quote Originally Posted by Lorenzo The Comic View Post
    Speed Boost Blaziken, but most of the time I have trouble against Water, Flying Dragon and Psychic Pokémon with him (especially Starmie and Gyarados).
    What set are you using?

252Atk Life Orb +2 Blaze Blaziken (+Atk) Hi Jump Kick vs 4HP/0Def Starmie (Neutral): 124% - 146% (327 - 385 HP). Guaranteed OHKO.
    It also OHKOs offensive Gyarados in the sun with Flare Blitz after a swords dance.

Flying types aren't a problem if you sacrifice protect for stone edge.

Default Blaziken aint uber

I'm using this set:

Jolly Nature @ Life Orb
    4 HP /252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Swords Dance
    Hi Jump Kick
    Protect
    Flare Blitz

I'll try replacing Hi Jump Kick with Sky Uppercut and giving it more coverage for Random Matchups.

Politoed.

****ing rain teams everywhere.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast