View Poll Results: What Pokemon has most significantly changed the game because of its DW ability?

Voters
224. You may not vote on this poll
  • Drizzle Politoed

    64 28.57%
  • Magic Bounce Espeon

    21 9.38%
  • Multiscale Dragonite

    31 13.84%
  • Speed Boost Blaziken

    46 20.54%
  • Drought Ninetales

    12 5.36%
  • Chlorophyll Venusaur

    5 2.23%
  • Hydration Vaporeon

    1 0.45%
  • Poison Heal Gliscor

    11 4.91%
  • Magic Guard Alakazam

    8 3.57%
  • Insomnia Delibird

    25 11.16%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 101 to 107 of 107

Thread: Best Released Dream World Pokemon

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Wherever.
    Posts
    103

    Default

    I'd say Politoed, since it most greatly impacted the metagame, whereas Blaziken just shot up into Ubers, which is a much less played tier than OU

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    On top of the world
    Posts
    37

    Default

    While Blaziken got an instant boost (no pun intended) and went off on a meteoric rise to Ubers, it's not the mon that impacted the game the most. The answer to the question "What Pokemon has most significantly changed the game because of its DW ability?" is undeniably Drizzle Politoed. It brought the universally present Rain into OU, ended up getting Swift Swim users banned when used with him, and boosts the power of a whole host of things, and the accuracy of more. Tornadus-T, Thundurus-I, Keldeo, Scizor, Ferrothorn, Genesect... all of these benefit hugely from the Rain and have been in the top threats to prepare for since their release. Drizzle is THE most broken ability in the game, and there's a reason Kyogre and Groudon are in Ubers.
    And to those that think that auto-weather isn't the reason, we brought them down to OU in Gen 4 (de-leveled to 70 to roughly match average OU power at the time) and then they immediately got banned because of Drought and Drizzle.
    Politoed is the most ridiculous force in the metagame right now. Zero to hero indeed.
    I HAVE QUIT COMPETITIVE POKEMON UNTIL X&Y

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Li
    You can try to frame it with negative words like “taking a game too seriously,” but passion is passion. If you don’t have something you strive to be excellent at, then you aren’t living at all. Everyone should have something that he or she takes “too seriously.”
        Spoiler:- In Memory of the Greatest Clans Ever to Grace Serebii:

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Memories' Skyscraper
    Posts
    321

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OrbrunnerX View Post
    While Blaziken got an instant boost (no pun intended) and went off on a meteoric rise to Ubers, it's not the mon that impacted the game the most. The answer to the question "What Pokemon has most significantly changed the game because of its DW ability?" is undeniably Drizzle Politoed. It brought the universally present Rain into OU, ended up getting Swift Swim users banned when used with him, and boosts the power of a whole host of things, and the accuracy of more. Tornadus-T, Thundurus-I, Keldeo, Scizor, Ferrothorn, Genesect... all of these benefit hugely from the Rain and have been in the top threats to prepare for since their release. Drizzle is THE most broken ability in the game, and there's a reason Kyogre and Groudon are in Ubers.
    And to those that think that auto-weather isn't the reason, we brought them down to OU in Gen 4 (de-leveled to 70 to roughly match average OU power at the time) and then they immediately got banned because of Drought and Drizzle.
    Politoed is the most ridiculous force in the metagame right now. Zero to hero indeed.
    And following closely behind would be drought ninetales for chlorophyll + sun, though most grass types are rather slow.
    Basically everything Ninetales can do, Politoed can do better in a water-esque style.


    Dammit, I've been practically dead. Too busy fighting demons and shadows.......* points evoker at head*....... back to work...* fires*



    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    On top of the world
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jacobthepokemonfreak View Post
    And following closely behind would be drought ninetales for chlorophyll + sun, though most grass types are rather slow.
    Basically everything Ninetales can do, Politoed can do better in a water-esque style.
    If Politoed didn't exist, Sand would be the prominent weather, because most of sand's abusers trump most of sun's abusers.
    Also, Stealth Rock.
    I HAVE QUIT COMPETITIVE POKEMON UNTIL X&Y

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Li
    You can try to frame it with negative words like “taking a game too seriously,” but passion is passion. If you don’t have something you strive to be excellent at, then you aren’t living at all. Everyone should have something that he or she takes “too seriously.”
        Spoiler:- In Memory of the Greatest Clans Ever to Grace Serebii:

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sugarcube Corner, Ponyville
    Posts
    239

    Default

    Drizzle Politoed without a doubt.

    When I ladder in PO, 90% of the times I face a Weather team, and rarely, those 'weather' teams lack Politoed.
    This little frog not only helps Pokémon of its own types (Scald being as strong as a Hydro Pump, with 100% accuracy and chance to burn), it boosts Thunder and Hurricane's accuracy, giving Jolteon and Tornadus-Therian and so much more the capacity to spam their powerful STAB attacks.
    There's Dry Skin Toxicroak and Rain Dish Tentacruel, and of course, Genesect, Scizor and Ferrothorn having their only Weakness reduced.

    Rain is just too common these days, of course, that's not a surprise as it comes with so many boons.
    Most significant impact? Drizzle Politoed by a long shot.

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    A Number from 0 to 100?
    Posts
    382

    Default

    The primary reason as to why drizzle Politoed has the biggest impact in the metagame is primarily because there are more water-related abilities than fire. With that being said, Guessing Tyranitar is being used even more due to Pokemon with Sand Rush & a counter to other weather inducing Pokemon.
    Pokemon X: 1435 - 4013 - 1487 (,,)

    I am searching for the following Pokemon
    (Modest), (Modest), (Hasty/Naive), (Timid/Jolly/Hasty/Naive), (Timid/Modest), (Jolly/Adamant)

    I can provide you with the following Pokemon…
    (Timid), (Jolly), (Timid), (Rash), (Bold), (Careful), (Relaxed with Seismic Toss).

    I’m also offering a legit Shiny Foongus. Looking for a good natured shiny in return!

  7. #107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by I Like Pie! View Post
    Drizzle Politoed without a doubt.

    When I ladder in PO, 90% of the times I face a Weather team, and rarely, those 'weather' teams lack Politoed.
    This little frog not only helps Pokémon of its own types (Scald being as strong as a Hydro Pump, with 100% accuracy and chance to burn), it boosts Thunder and Hurricane's accuracy, giving Jolteon and Tornadus-Therian and so much more the capacity to spam their powerful STAB attacks.
    There's Dry Skin Toxicroak and Rain Dish Tentacruel, and of course, Genesect, Scizor and Ferrothorn having their only Weakness reduced.

    Rain is just too common these days, of course, that's not a surprise as it comes with so many boons.
    Most significant impact? Drizzle Politoed by a long shot.
    Weather is pretty common, but let's not over-exaggerate, lol. All of the main weather starters put together only make up about 45% of PO OU teams, so non-weather is still used on over half of teams. PS OU is almost exactly the same, again with a little over 45% of teams being weather based. Politoed itself only saw 16.25% usage last month on PO OU, 18.20% on PS OU. I will agree though that Drizzle Politoed is probably the most influential DW Pokemon to have been released thus far, although I still voted for Blaziken because it's so awesome.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •