View Poll Results: What Pokemon has most significantly changed the game because of its DW ability?

Voters
224. You may not vote on this poll
  • Drizzle Politoed

64 28.57%
  • Magic Bounce Espeon

21 9.38%
  • Multiscale Dragonite

31 13.84%
  • Speed Boost Blaziken

46 20.54%
  • Drought Ninetales

12 5.36%
  • Chlorophyll Venusaur

5 2.23%
  • Hydration Vaporeon

1 0.45%
  • Poison Heal Gliscor

11 4.91%
  • Magic Guard Alakazam

8 3.57%
  • Insomnia Delibird

25 11.16%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Best Released Dream World Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
    So, what? Moody Bibarel doesn't get a mention because Smogon banned it on their servers? Unlike most Pokemon on that list, it has the ability to carry a match through on its own most of the time.
    it's probably not getting a mention because since it's banned, it doesn't affect the current metagame.
    Pkmn W: 3181 5617 3649
    Pkmn W2: 1464 4040 1673
    [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/rbijc4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by thatjeremykid View Post
    it's probably not getting a mention because since it's banned, it doesn't affect the current metagame.
    But only on an English-language fan server. Isn't it still usable on rated Wi-Fi and official tournaments?

Quote Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
    But only on an English-language fan server. Isn't it still usable on rated Wi-Fi and official tournaments?
    That's a good question. I know Thundurus is banished to Ubers, as well as DrizzleSwim and i'm sure those are allowed on rated Wifi/official tournaments. Anyone else know this? This is just my best guess.
    Pkmn W: 3181 5617 3649
    Pkmn W2: 1464 4040 1673
    [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/rbijc4.jpg[/IMG]

Magic bounce Espeon, there goes all stealth rock teams. It makes Gen 4 sweepers get creative doesn't it?
    The one with the Rock/Ground types, the Black Flamberge and the tamer of Dragons, of violet and white eye and one arm of flesh. A clash of Technology, magic and the heart. Necro, of past not evn known to himself, but destiny as great as any.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Quote Originally Posted by thatjeremykid View Post
    That's a good question. I know Thundurus is banished to Ubers, as well as DrizzleSwim and i'm sure those are allowed on rated Wifi/official tournaments. Anyone else know this? This is just my best guess.
    Of course it's still allowed on Wi-Fi.

Speed Boost Blaziken, Magic Bounce Espeon, Multi Scale Dragonite, Drizzle Politoed, and Drought Ninetales are almost definitely better than the others listed in the OP. However, Magic Guard Alakazam is probably the best one of those. Also, I agree with Cipher; Moody Bibarel (and Smeargle) should be included in any "Who's who" list of Dream World Abilities.

Sprites ripped by Yoshi Clone of spritersresource.com. Banner by my brother ShinySandshrew.

Definitely dragonite. I just love how it came back and spat in Salamence's face with this ability.

Quote Originally Posted by jle1076 View Post
    lol if you didnt vote Poison Heal Gliscor, you dont know **** about OU. Multiscale Draginite cant do **** to him and he has 2 different sets that completely beat Dnite
    Uh, yes it can? If that Multiscale Dnite's mixed, or special, Gliscor is ****ed. Not to mention if it gathers enough Dragon Dances, it can just muscle through it.

Blaziken, obviously. It's boot to Ubers is enough proof of that. Still don't see why Smogon can't ban the combination of a Pokemon and an ability similar to Swift Swim and Drizzle. Please don't argue with me about nerfs (unless we're talking about the foam dart guns). On the topic of Blaziken and the Dream World...
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Blaziken, obviously. It's boot to Ubers is enough proof of that. Still don't see why Smogon can't ban the combination of a Pokemon and an ability similar to Swift Swim and Drizzle. Please don't argue with me about nerfs (unless we're talking about the foam dart guns). On the topic of Blaziken and the Dream World...
    SS+Drizzle was so that they didn't have to ban Kingdra, Ludicolo, or just about any other swift swimmer. It made the ban list much shorter, the Blaziken thing wouldn't.
    lol if you didnt vote Poison Heal Gliscor, you dont know **** about OU. Multiscale Draginite cant do **** to him and he has 2 different sets that completely beat Dnite
    You're right, not only did he go all the way from OU to OU in the generation shift, but being able to beat a pokemon makes you better then it!

Shedinja for Ubers! One just beat a Kyogre!

And while we're at it, Choice Specs Electrode outspeeds and KOs a Gyarados, even if it's at +1. Mawhile laughs in the face of Ferrothorn, and can use it to stack up boost for a fire fang. ScarfMoxieMightyena easily crushes Gengar, and SubRoost Vespiquens and Articunos can stall out stone edge with ease, allowing them to defeat any pokemon who relies completely on EdgeQuake.
    Speed Boost Blaziken, Magic Bounce Espeon, Multi Scale Dragonite, Drizzle Politoed, and Drought Ninetales are almost definitely better than the others listed in the OP. However, Magic Guard Alakazam is probably the best one of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Mawhile laughs in the face of Ferrothorn, and can use it to stack up boost for a fire fang.
    ...I kinda want to try this now, not gonna lie.

The pokemons that changed the most thanks to it's DW ability are Politoed and Ninetales without a doubt.Although Blaziken got banned because of Speed Boost didn't change him that much just made it faster while Drizzle and Drought are the biggest differences between 4th and 5th gen(that and the team preview thingy).It made 2 pokemons who overall weren't very usefull the biggest pain in my ***(although Ninetales is still kinda useless Drought Heatran would've been much better....perhaps too much).In 3rd place comes Espeon and it's Magic Bounce.....Actually no Venusaur comes in 3rd not Espy.Toxic Heal,Multiscale and Magic Guard just made 3 already good pokemons alot better without making them broken.Hydration changed Vaporeon as much as Insomnia helped Delibird...it's nice but it's that nice.....

But this is just my opinion which is usually wrong so...

I thought hydration on vapeoreon was pretty nice. In the rain it becomes a status absorber and gets a recovery move that heals it to 100% with no drawbacks (in the rain). Not many Pokemon can boast that they can do better than that (can insomnia pokes recover from rest?)

^Credit to Anakbae^

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    SS+Drizzle was so that they didn't have to ban Kingdra, Ludicolo, or just about any other swift swimmer. It made the ban list much shorter, the Blaziken thing wouldn't.You're right, not only did he go all the way from OU to OU in the generation shift, but being able to beat a pokemon makes you better then it!
    If only Blaziken got the boot it would.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonicwari View Post
    I thought hydration on vapeoreon was pretty nice. In the rain it becomes a status absorber and gets a recovery move that heals it to 100% with no drawbacks (in the rain). Not many Pokemon can boast that they can do better than that (can insomnia pokes recover from rest?)
    Insomnia pokemon cannot use Rest, since it prevents them from falling asleep to being with.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Gray Man View Post
    In 3rd place comes Espeon and it's Magic Bounce.....Actually no Venusaur comes in 3rd not Espy.Toxic Heal,Multiscale and Magic Guard just made 3 already good pokemons alot better without making them broken.Hydration changed Vaporeon as much as Insomnia helped Delibird...it's nice but it's that nice.....
    Espeon was out-classed by almost every other Psychic type because of its poor move-pool. Magic Bounce made it special.
    Also, Hydration is a ton better than Insomnia. Insomnia was just redundant; Hydration gave Vaporeon a reliable healing in the rain, which is everywhere now. Not only that, but it can't be paralyzed or toxic-stalled or whatever. It's really good, and it sets Vaporeon apart from Jellicent.

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosBlizzard View Post

10. Insomnia Delibird

Do I even need to explain this one? I was saving the best for last. He might not look like much, but Delibird is secretly one of the most devastating sweepers-cross-walls-cross-supporters in the game. I mean, giving him Insomnia? Over Vital Spirit? That's the very definition of sleeper OP (no pun intended). I don't even know why I made a poll, honestly; you know you're going to vote for this guy, right?
    haha, I didn't even know about this until now. Why does Gamefreak troll, why? Two abilities that do... the same thing.

Anyway I like your order, though I would rank Dragonite and its Multiscale above Espeon. Espeon is good don't get me wrong, but it can't be compeletly relied on to either get up hazards, or keep them away like using the hazard moves / rapid spin themselves. Also besides keeping hazards out, Espeon does not serve much of a strong role. A CM Passing set could be useful though, not having to worry about status and such.

Obviously Blaziken is the best DW pokemon listed, seeing as he's the only Uber listed.

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Soperman View Post
    Espeon was out-classed by almost every other Psychic type because of its poor move-pool. Magic Bounce made it special.
    Also, Hydration is a ton better than Insomnia. Insomnia was just redundant; Hydration gave Vaporeon a reliable healing in the rain, which is everywhere now. Not only that, but it can't be paralyzed or toxic-stalled or whatever. It's really good, and it sets Vaporeon apart from Jellicent.
    What I meant was.Although Hydration helped Vaporeon it didn't improve it that much.Specially because it relies so much on Rain and because of it's typing it just adds two more common weakness(Grass and Electric).I still think that Clorophil helped Venusaur more than Magic Bounce on Espeon.

I loved the Politoed one. Especially because it has the drizzle ability and it's bluuuuuuuuuuuue.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellie
    oh you'll get them. ill just do them drunk so they're all changed to fdhjgddfghhgrfc and ejeshkgfcbmjh

My top three choices:

3. Multiscale Dragonite
    2. Drizzle Politoed
    1. Speed Boost Blaziken

Speed boost is freakin' ridiculous, especially on something with such monstrous attack stats. A ban to OU tier based on one ability change makes it a no brainer that it's the most improved thanks to DW

Also, Moxie Salamance is a really notable mention as well... except that just takes him from already great to even better offensively.
    White 2 Trade Info - ID: smilez FC: 0906 0613 8690

Drizzle Ptoed imo. (Would vote Blaziken but it's ubers so I don't care much lol)
    But Tangrowth, Slowbro, Salamence, Gyarados and Gastrodon deserve mentions.
    [IMG]http://oi46.*******.com/jt7yg2.jpg[/IMG]

I think my vote goes to Moxie Honchkrow
    Black FC: 1764 5225 4156
    X FC: 0705 3284 4459
    Jesse

PM for offers

Pokemon Showdown Random Battle Epic Comeback and Marowak Sweep
    http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/repla...battle13264983

Quote Originally Posted by x_vandslaux_x View Post
    Obviously Blaziken is the best DW pokemon listed, seeing as he's the only Uber listed.
    Uber doesn't make him the best one.
    Quote Originally Posted by SmeargleIsUber View Post
    I think my vote goes to Moxie Honchkrow
    Why? It's still slow and rather brittle.
    Goodbye friends. My Pokémon drive is reaching zero, so I'm gonna go do other stuffs. Love you all. c:

-Alex

I play him with his STAB Sucker Punch and a Choice Band, after a quick revenge kill his attack soars and he becomes incredibly strong. Plus, he has a solid 125 attack stat too.
    Black FC: 1764 5225 4156
    X FC: 0705 3284 4459
    Jesse

PM for offers

Pokemon Showdown Random Battle Epic Comeback and Marowak Sweep
    http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/repla...battle13264983

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast