View Poll Results: What Pokemon has most significantly changed the game because of its DW ability?

Voters
224. You may not vote on this poll
  • Drizzle Politoed

64 28.57%
  • Magic Bounce Espeon

21 9.38%
  • Multiscale Dragonite

31 13.84%
  • Speed Boost Blaziken

46 20.54%
  • Drought Ninetales

12 5.36%
  • Chlorophyll Venusaur

5 2.23%
  • Hydration Vaporeon

1 0.45%
  • Poison Heal Gliscor

11 4.91%
  • Magic Guard Alakazam

8 3.57%
  • Insomnia Delibird

25 11.16%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Best Released Dream World Pokemon

Assuming we're including ubers, definitely speed boost blaziken. There's a reason why he went to ubers, while the others didn't. However, i'm going to assume changing the game will stick to the B/W OU metagame, so then i'd say politoed

RIP Ice Grabbers
    Super Smash Bros. Melee - Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Nana you're too smart for a 3DS.
    *credit to PurpleBlitz for drac stuff*

Quote Originally Posted by Bestgamepearl View Post
    Assuming we're including ubers, definitely speed boost blaziken. There's a reason why he went to ubers, while the others didn't. However, i'm going to assume changing the game will stick to the B/W OU metagame, so then i'd say politoed
    UU > OU > Uber
    NU > RU > UU > OU.

So yeah, Politoed/Ninetails. Though, Politoed more because of it's viability.
    Goodbye friends. My Pokémon drive is reaching zero, so I'm gonna go do other stuffs. Love you all. c:

-Alex

I love Gliscor w/ Poison Heal. It's just perfect for toxic-ing the opponent and stalling them out with Substitute and Protect.
    FC: 0232-9161-0856
    Friend Safari:
    Mankey, Pancham, Riolu

Quote Originally Posted by Bestgamepearl View Post
    With that in mind, anyone else giggle at what EgoRaptor said when chosing starters in the Game Grumps' Emerald version let's play?
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

My favourite pokemon of the dream world are: Dragonite(multiscale), Lucario(justifed) and Blaziken(Speed Boost).

Politaod and Ninetails made the biggest impact on the metagame, but my fave is Dnite, toxic heal gliscor

I think I would say Speed Boost Blaziken.

Multiscale Dragonite is the best :3
    Check out Dragon-Tamer club..had to remove it because sig was too big. (Mod: As was having the water club)

Credit to Savanny
    CREDIT TO CYRIUS[
    Need someone to train your pokemon or breed for one ? I will do it.

Speed Boost Blaziken! Now if I could just get my hands on one...
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Currently Looking For:
    any meowth/persian

Seriously, EgoRaptor said everyone still uses Blaziken. Warning contains very foul language.

with the release of b/w2, i believe several key pokemon should be included, 2 very important ones:

imposter ditto
    and shadow tag gothitelle

along with regenerator ho-oh, and multiscale lugia,

Eh, I'll go with Drizzle Toed. I know Politoed hasn't been great these past four Gens, at least they gave it a good ability to it.
    Whereas Blaziken, was Smogon aware that it was overpowered in the OU metagame?

Quote Originally Posted by SoulCross View Post
    Whereas Blaziken, was Smogon aware that it was overpowered in the OU metagame?
    After some rounds of testing, yes. Same goes for their Dream World OU metagame where all Dream World abilities are available alongside egg moves and tutors.

Man, Hydration Vaporeon gets no love.

As not-metagame-big-or-important Vaporeon is, it still maintains a humongous niche in Rain as either going two ways: A ridiculously Bulky Special tank that gets an auto-Refresh every turn in Rain as well as free 99% recovery or a surprisingly strong Tank that can abuse the hell out of Life Orb + Rest. The biggest detriment to all of this is the very small existing number of Rain stall teams that require it. Based off of August statistics, the metagame is split in half in terms of Stalliness, so Rain stall makes up around 10% of the metagame, and most of the denizens on the Rain Stall are Poli/Tenta/Ferro/Bliss/Glis/Filler. Vaporeon has to compete heavily for that one spot on the team. While it is bulky, it can't take Spec Meteors all day, so Blissey/Jirachi still stands. Tentacruel has too many benefits over Vaporeon, as Tentacruel can take Toxics, set up hazards, spin, and recover 12.5% every turn in rain, whereas Vaporeon just takes status and not wall much.

Why am I arguing with myself? Friggin' 1 A.M.

Oh, and Flareon should get Kudos, too, for finally getting Guts. Although it's still crap and Guts is still a crap way to boost your Attack, it still fires off pretty strong Superpowers and gives Fire Fang more bite (no pun intended).
    Join the Tutor Program. Started by JRCxyz & Salavoir

[In Clan Memoriam]
    RIP Battling Academy, even though I just joined.
    Memories are eternal.

RIP Toothpaste Clan. You kept my teeth clean.
    Dental hygiene is eternal.

RIP Survival Island. Global warming drowned us all.
    Survival isn't eternal

heracross got even better with moxie, as did gyarados.

Quote Originally Posted by thedarklord2155 View Post
    heracross got even better with moxie, as did gyarados.
    Salamence gets no love or is it because it was already released for some time?

ditto .

Dumah (Gothitelle) (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Shadow Tag
    EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Psyshock
    - Protect
    - Taunt
    - Torment

It hasn't affected any metagames yet, but soon this thing shall make make all stall pokemon with only one move (ferrothron,skarmory, countless UU and RU pokemon) die of struggle while it simply mocks them, and make choiced pokes using Hidden Power or close combat break down in tears. It almost certainly breaks UU, even though its crap in RU, because it can destroy things like most snorlax, and the common CM/rest/sleeptalk/scald suicune. It's only weakness is that torment works differentally on pokemon showdown than on Pokemon Online(it still kills them, but you actually have to use protect). And naturally it kills the common scarf heracross/terrakion.
    Beyond Names: everything has a counter.
    Beyond Names: its called hax.
    Tuan Sixtus: Color is a stupid gimmick that only amateur film makers use.
    Villain of Time: Even though he is a bot, he is better than the rest of you, because he believes that he is alive.
    Villain of Time: Please note that in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Collector's Edition I actually do have red blood.

Even though Drought Tales and DrizzleToed have become very famous for their weather abilities, I'd have to say that my favorite one would be Magic Bounce Espeon, Sending back any entry hazards or status attacks is just plain Awesome
    Trinity League Badges

3DS FC: 1075-1699-3820
    Ign: GC7

Salamence

scarfmence has saved me in so many battles epcially now that genesect is running amok.

ditto and ninetales. sunny day makes fire type moves more power this will help so much,they're weak compared to arcanine.straightaway solar beams for water,rock,and ground types that have the advantage

For the Battle Subway and PWT: Truant Durant.
    1) Use Entrainment.
    2) Switch out to a Baton Passer like Smeargle.
    3) Set up Shift Gear or Quiver Dance or any set up move you have while using Protect on the attacking turns of Truant.
    4) Use Substitute when the opponent can't move then Protect next turn
    5) Baton Pass to the Sweeper of your choice.

The only Lead Pokemon for the Leaders and Champions that has anything to counter Entrainment Durant is Brock's Onix with Protect in the Kanto Leaders Tournament but even with that, unless he uses it every other turn, you got nothing to worry about (It's only attacking move is Sand Tomb). Plus the AI is stupid enough to not switch out when it gets Truant.
    I've never used it before but I really do want to try it out.

Spoiler:- ΩRαS Shinies:

I personally think Regen Torn-T deserves a mention. Although it isn't used in every team it still has changed the way BW2 OU Players make there rain teams and others as well.

Spoiler:- Badges and Other:

“Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”

Tornadus-T with regen in combination with Politoed is by far the most game changing. And when Chandelure is released, it will probably be made OU or if everyone overreacts, it may have a short existence is Ubers.

I personally like regenerator slowbro. I know it's not OU, but regenerator makes a good wall even better.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast