Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Most Dissapointing Pokemon You Have Used From The 5th Generation

Hybrid View

Default Most Dissapointing Pokemon You Have Used From The 5th Generation

Did you use a Pokémon from the fifth generation that you expected to be good, but were let down by it? Well tell us who it is!

Credit to Pika Pal Lyra

Liepard.I thought Purrlion was a great pokemon at first.Then it evolved into Liepard.I checked its stats and I almost cried.Liepard has a base stat of 446.I stopped using Liepard after that.

tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder, xerneas, and tales of the abyss
    Omega Ruby team:

Quote Originally Posted by iliekmudkipz View Post
    Liepard.I thought Purrlion was a great pokemon at first.Then it evolved into Liepard.I checked its stats and I almost cried.Liepard has a base stat of 446.I stopped using Liepard after that.
    I enjoyed using my Liepard. Sure, it may not be the best, but it's classy and elegant looking, and if you run Hone Claws, it can do its job decently. Sure, it's outclassed. Sure, it's not the best, but my Liepard (nicknamed Garfield) has sure grown on me.

I liked all the Gen V Pokemon I've used so far, but I'd probably have to say Eelektross. My expectations for it were so high, and while it was very effective, it wasn't the no-weaknesses powerhouse I expected it to be. Shame. Perhaps it'll be improved in Gen VI.
    nikko.ideator
    black fc: 2022 7801 7535

Currently looking for: Meowth/Persian. PM me for details; I have plenty to offer!

Golurk. It was the "odd" pokemon in my team from the minute I caught it. It helped a lot but I was expecting a bit better from it. I still like it and use it on my team. And I'm also dissappointed in Zebstrika. It was always the weak one on my team. The only thing it has is speed.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Currently Looking For:
    any meowth/persian

Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    Golurk. It was the "odd" pokemon in my team from the minute I caught it. It helped a lot but I was expecting a bit better from it. I still like it and use it on my team. And I'm also dissappointed in Zebstrika. It was always the weak one on my team. The only thing it has is speed.
    Zebrastrike is a bit disappointing but Garvantula isn't exactly all that better. Can't say the electric types are getting good stuff here

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Of Keys View Post
    Zebrastrike is a bit disappointing but Garvantula isn't exactly all that better. Can't say the electric types are getting good stuff here
    Have to agree. I like using a electric type in my league challenge team, but I never really 'felt it' with Zebstrika

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Of Keys View Post
    Hey, Galvantula is pretty good. Compoundeyes gives it near-perfect accuracy Thunder (91%). A set of Thunder / Bug Buzz / Energy Ball / HP Ice works wonders.

Basically pokemon like Woobat and Purrloin were too frail and needed more defense.

Yeah, I was really excited by Golurk's typing and how cool it looked before I knew anything about it. Then I saw its speed stat.
    Available Trades:

Spoiler:- Legendaries:

IV bred pokemon. All of them have between two and four maxed IV stats.

Spoiler:- IV Bred:

I can also get you any breedable pokemon with either a maxed HP or Special Attack stat, but both will take more time.

Spoiler:- Shinies:

Spoiler:- Dream World Females:

Simisage. It was great early on in the game as I got the Leaf Stone fairly early while most of my other Pokemon reached their final stage in the late 30s. Until then it remained a powerful member of the team but as others evolved and got powerful moves, it began to fall behind.

Also Emboar. This was partly my fault though because it gave it weak moves such as Flamethrower and Brick Break over more powerful moves such as Flare Blitz and Hammer Arm. It just wasn't as powerful as Infernape and his Close Combat and Typhlosion with his Eruption.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Simisear, since I didn't knew it wouldn't learn ANY moves after evolving. His strongest attacks were bite/incinerate, so...XD

Pokemon games I own:
    PokemonBlue (2 copies)
    Pokemon Silver
    Pokemon Emerald
    Pokemon Fire Red
    Pokemon Leaf Green
    Pokemon Pearl
    Pokemon White
    Pokemon Black 2
    Pokemon Y

Quote Originally Posted by Metalhead9838772 View Post
    Simisear, since I didn't knew it wouldn't learn ANY moves after evolving. His strongest attacks were bite/incinerate, so...XD
    ^ Same with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Metalhead9838772 View Post
    Agreed!I evolved my pansear with the fire stone my last one! IT WAS USELESS! Both of those pokemon! I never used them again! I didnt have black city since I was playing in white so I couldnt get any more fire stones so I could evolve my little cute vulpix.

One of my disapointments was krokorok. He was great but mine was underleveled so thats why but I loved the pokemon and in battle whew but he was just too well listen to this he was a krokorok the moment after the last E4 battle...
    Another was Herdier. I was taking so long to evolve it UGH! It was weak too so I just transfered my level 40 Stoutland from my older playthrough of Black 2 but it still wasnt great all it did was do some damage, take out ghost types with crunch when go back on my team. I had NO use for it.

For me, it was Simisear and Musharna. Musharna always fainted on me before it could really do anything, and Simisear can learn very little useful moves.

| survival project |
    | this trainer is different. everyone knows it, but no one can explain it. |
    | complete |

| flying in the dark |
    | he's hiding something. she just doesn't know it. |
    | on hiatus|

| love and other nightmares |
    | limited time, limited abilities. kyurem says she can be cured in exchange for saving those who need saving. |
    | chapter 3 released 11/22/14 |

Serperior and Simisage. I started my game over because of these two huge disappointments.

Pansear, Liepard. I was dissapointed with Pansears lack of good moves and Liepards stats after I evolved it : (

Zebstrika and Sawsbuck were pretty good, but they weren't the best on my team, although I did like them
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics

Fanfic Status: Currently postponed-- Kingdom Hearts: Memories' Reflection. Last updated 8/17/13

Well..... Surprisingly the ice cream pokemon were GREAT. So why do people hate them? (I used the attack bite or lick when I was trying to catch a vannilitte, for the lols because it's an ICE CREAM lol)
    But well.... Sesmitoad wasn't that helpful as I thought it would. It didn't help that much for gym battles, so really I failed against elesa so I had to get a gigalith and gurrdur to help me out. Yeah I needed a water type and posion type but this thing didn't help me out as much as I expected it would.

Samurott was disappointing, they should have made him bipedal with proper samuri armour and swords making him a water and steel/fighting type.

Simisage, because I forgot very late that Pokemon that evolve from stones stop learning moves.

Swoobat was not very good.

Never use Swoobat

On my first playthrough I used Simisear and Unfezant. Simisear is the worst out of the 3 and Unfezant can't do crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post
    Swoobat was not very good.

Never use Swoobat
    I'm currently using Swoobat now and it's putting in work.

Credit to zhanton
    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    omg Larry is on! i can now sleep in peace knowing he is ok!

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    On my first playthrough I used Simisear and Unfezant. Simisear is the worst out of the 3 and Unfezant can't do crap.
    I'm not sure about Unfezant but Simisear is a great pokemon! It may have been that you evolved Pansear a bit to early but Simisear comes in handy once you get Flamethrower, but before i had that i taught him fire blast and he was still a great pokemon! But the bad thing is that Pansear starts with Incinerate, God that sucks.

Samurott, Simisear, the first Reuniclus I had (It was Adamant. Ugh)...

My Friend Safari is Light type.

The monkies

To dream the impossible dream, to fight the unbeatable foe
    To bear with unbearable sorrow. To run where the brave dare not go.
    To try when your arms are too weary. To reach the unreachable star!
    This is my quest! To follow that Star! No matter how hopeless, no matter how far
    To fight for the right, without question or pause, to be willing to march into hell for a heavenly cause!
    And The world will be better for this, that one man, scorned and covered with scars still strove to his last ounce of courage.
    To reach, that unreachable star!
    I have claimed Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney

I don't think I have time to list all the Pokemon from the 5th Gen that I was disappointed with. Most of the Pokemon you get close to the beginning of the game like Zebstrika, The elemental monkeys, all of the ones that were listed already, Almost any electric pokemon in the game, some of the grass types, there are a lot of bug types too that faint really easy and even some of the Legendaries don't live up to the hype. This has been my least favourite set of games out of all of them.

Kukem
    Pokemon White - FC: 3181 5388 6559
    Pokedex: Gen4: Caught - 493. (It's about time!)
    Gen5: Caught - 330

Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast