Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Most Dissapointing Pokemon You Have Used From The 5th Generation

Default Most Dissapointing Pokemon You Have Used From The 5th Generation

Did you use a Pokémon from the fifth generation that you expected to be good, but were let down by it? Well tell us who it is!

Credit to Pika Pal Lyra

Liepard.I thought Purrlion was a great pokemon at first.Then it evolved into Liepard.I checked its stats and I almost cried.Liepard has a base stat of 446.I stopped using Liepard after that.

“Nameless... Like me...” - tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder and tales of the abyss

Golurk. It was the "odd" pokemon in my team from the minute I caught it. It helped a lot but I was expecting a bit better from it. I still like it and use it on my team. And I'm also dissappointed in Zebstrika. It was always the weak one on my team. The only thing it has is speed.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Simisage. It was great early on in the game as I got the Leaf Stone fairly early while most of my other Pokemon reached their final stage in the late 30s. Until then it remained a powerful member of the team but as others evolved and got powerful moves, it began to fall behind.

Also Emboar. This was partly my fault though because it gave it weak moves such as Flamethrower and Brick Break over more powerful moves such as Flare Blitz and Hammer Arm. It just wasn't as powerful as Infernape and his Close Combat and Typhlosion with his Eruption.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Simisear, since I didn't knew it wouldn't learn ANY moves after evolving. His strongest attacks were bite/incinerate, so...XD

Pokemon games I own:
    PokemonBlue (2 copies)
    Pokemon Silver
    Pokemon Emerald
    Pokemon Fire Red
    Pokemon Leaf Green
    Pokemon Pearl
    Pokemon White
    Pokemon Black 2
    Pokemon Y

For me, it was Simisear and Musharna. Musharna always fainted on me before it could really do anything, and Simisear can learn very little useful moves.

| survival project |
    | this trainer is different. everyone knows it, but no one can explain it. |
    | complete |

| flying in the dark |
    | he's hiding something. she just doesn't know it. |
    | on hiatus|

| love and other nightmares |
    | limited time, limited abilities. kyurem says she can be cured in exchange for saving those who need saving. |
    | chapter 1 released |

Serperior and Simisage. I started my game over because of these two huge disappointments.

Pansear, Liepard. I was dissapointed with Pansears lack of good moves and Liepards stats after I evolved it : (

Zebstrika and Sawsbuck were pretty good, but they weren't the best on my team, although I did like them
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics

Fanfic Status: Currently postponed-- Kingdom Hearts: Memories' Reflection. Last updated 8/17/13

Simisage, because I forgot very late that Pokemon that evolve from stones stop learning moves.

Swoobat was not very good.

Never use Swoobat
    oopsie

Samurott, Simisear, the first Reuniclus I had (It was Adamant. Ugh)...

My Friend Safari is Light type.

On my first playthrough I used Simisear and Unfezant. Simisear is the worst out of the 3 and Unfezant can't do crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post
    Swoobat was not very good.

Never use Swoobat
    I'm currently using Swoobat now and it's putting in work.

Credit to zhanton
    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    omg Larry is on! i can now sleep in peace knowing he is ok!

The monkies

To dream the impossible dream, to fight the unbeatable foe
    To bear with unbearable sorrow. To run where the brave dare not go.
    To try when your arms are too weary. To reach the unreachable star!
    This is my quest! To follow that Star! No matter how hopeless, no matter how far
    To fight for the right, without question or pause, to be willing to march into hell for a heavenly cause!
    And The world will be better for this, that one man, scorned and covered with scars still strove to his last ounce of courage.
    To reach, that unreachable star!
    I have claimed Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney

I don't think I have time to list all the Pokemon from the 5th Gen that I was disappointed with. Most of the Pokemon you get close to the beginning of the game like Zebstrika, The elemental monkeys, all of the ones that were listed already, Almost any electric pokemon in the game, some of the grass types, there are a lot of bug types too that faint really easy and even some of the Legendaries don't live up to the hype. This has been my least favourite set of games out of all of them.

Kukem
    Pokemon White - FC: 3181 5388 6559
    Pokedex: Gen4: Caught - 493. (It's about time!)
    Gen5: Caught - 330

Well, the Simisear was useless after I got Victini.
    Archeops' Ability really ticked me off, he gradually became useless because his terrible typing made it too easy for the NPCs to lower health.

Welcome to the Pokemon World. Learn the commandments of Pokemon Equality
    1) One loves the idea of Pokemon and their existence
    2) One only looks down upon a certain Pokemon after giving them a fair look and use
    3) One does not hate a certain generation because of a few Pokemon
    4) One does not be use backwards logic to hate Pokemon
    5) One must realize every gen has its awesome designs, and terrible designs.
    6) One must love Blaziken

Blaziken 5 lyfe, because 5>4

For me, it has to be Zorua/Zoroark. Yes its ability is a lot of fun to mess with and once you get good TM's after the Elite 4 it can be a good Pokemon, but ingame I found its early moveset poor and it cannot take a hit. I actually preferred Liepard over Zoroark during my Dark monotype run which is pretty sad. I have also used a Zoroark in a normal ingame team before as well with similar results.
    Planned Omega Ruby Team

Planned Alpha Sapphire Team

I have to agree with the pokemon already mentioned.

I stopped using purrloin since it always fainted, and my tranquill is somewhat ok but is used mostly for flying.
    White FC code: 3697-5495-5389

I can offer just about every breedable pokemon from gen 1-4.

Legendaries I have to trade: (shiny)

Heartgold Team:

My Legendaries:

It's been a long time since I posted here.

Anyway, my guess would be Bisharp. Since it is a dark and steel type Pokemon, both taking double damage from fighting types, it was swept away by a Lucario's aura sphere.

Victini was . . . very underwhelming. I was sorely disappointed. I got a Pickup puppy specifically to get Great Balls and other such items for this little apple demon, and it was so boring to raise, and it wasn't much use in battle either. I think it was even Modest, and that didn't save it. Now it's just sitting in my box completely forgotten... Victini's cute, but it's pretty overrated. Should've saved my Fire- or Psychic-type spot for something better.

~MEWTWO RETURNS AT LAST!~

Seismitoad was a bit of disappointment for me. Palpitoad/Seismitoad was one of those really good midgame Pokemon that just gets totally outclassed by the late game. I used Seismitoad in my first playthrough, and in that playthrough I used Samurott more, even though it had a really crappy nature and IVs.

I guess since I brought him up, Samurott is mildly disappointing. He's good, but he's not great, which is the drawback of him being so damn balanced. He never really seems to excel.

In the one instance I used him, Golurk was underwhelming. I spent a TON of time leveling up Golett on Victory Road to get a Golurk before the Elite Four, and ended up not using him at all because he just didn't seem to be better than other, more economical options.
    Last edited by Grei; 7th May 2012 at 7:14 AM.

My Beartic never really stood out. I never expected it to be great, but it seems to just let my team down more then anything else. My Samuwott also didn't work too well, but I used I mixed set. Maybe a straight up special / physical set would be better, but I don't know.
    Life isn't about finding who we are, it's about creating who we are.

My DeviantART.
    Sometimes, I even upload things! :O Amazing, I know.

I could do a copy and paste Christian thingy, but those are like everywhere. So instead, I'll talk about clouds. I like clouds. They taste like cinnamon!

Basculin. I used that Rock Head one from the in-game trade, thinking it would be good. It was certainly better than a regular one, but it was still disappointing.
    3DS Friend Code: 1118-0538-5698
    Twitter Tumblr

Swashbuck and Samorott, because they suck once you finsh the game and Zebstrika, because he dosen't have very good stats and moves

Simisear, Klink, Unfezant, Golurk, Palpitoad, Liepard, Deerling, Basculin, Minccion, Boldore, Woobat. I used a lot of different Pokemon through my playthough and these were the most disappointing

Archeops is the only one with a problem. It's ability was a huge letdown.
    I am a Wholockian.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Sworn Metalhead's Banner - Eeveelover's Userbars

Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast