Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Most Dissapointing Pokemon You Have Used From The 5th Generation

Golett dissappointed me it's missing something.

Vanilluxe, just was very unreliable
    Pokemon Black FC :2280 2971 8079

Interestingly enough...
    I raised up a Scrafty to level 100. But now I honestly feel like it was a waste of time. He's one of my weaker level 100s, and I would never use him on a competitive team unless there was some sort of strategy involving him.
    This "Pokemon Rainbow" rumored game is already killing me. I want it!

Also, general nintendo fans will probably like my youtube. I make unboxings and collection videos.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/EnragedSwalot?feature=mhee
    Thanks if you check it out

Munna and Liepard took the spot, hands down. I never liked the monkies that much, so they weren't so much disappointing as "type coverage until I get someting better"
    White Friend Code: 5243 5939 0962
    PM for IV-Breeding and DW Pokemon

Spoiler:- Can breed the following DW Pokemon:

Hmm... Simisear was pretty disappointing on my first runthrough of Black. I later replaced it with Chandelure.

Zoroark was also a bit weak compared to the rest of my team in another Black file. Besides having a Speed-reducing nature and learning mostly physical and support moves, she really couldn't take any hits. My Galvantula in White had a similar problem with being frail and underpowered.

Musharna wasn't exactly disappointing, but it is hard to use with its slow speed.

Friend Safari - Bug with Butterfree/Volbeat/Vivillon - PM me for my FC!
        Spoiler:- Shiny hunting stuff:

I thought Sawk and Throh were powerful, but they actually sucked. So back on the PC they were.

Credit to Riataro from EGC

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

I don't think I've yet to have a wholly disappointing Pokemon in my team thus far. During my first playthrough I used . It was more of a trial run where I picked my team based on looks. I went for the right nature and ability for all of them but did not bother with any proper EV training. The weakest link then was probably Vanilluxe, since it was only good against Dragon types, while Ground, Grass and Flying type can be covered by Galvantula and Serperior. And Ice type is naturally not a very defensive type so it was more of a struggle than usual. And ironically I struggled with Ghetsis because Vanilluxe was outsped and KOed by his Hydreigon, otherwise Ice Beam would have done its job.

On my second run though, oh boy, it was a like an all-star team (for in-game use), . Before I started out a new game I decided on my team first, and then looked up Bulbapedia for their base stats, chose the moveset they should have using some of Smogon's information also EV trained all of them. Even Crustle, which was the weakest in terms of stats, did its job well. Did I mention that I was playing Set mode instead of Shift mode as well?

I see a lot of people posting Serperior here. I'm not sure what your Serperior uses, but mine's SpA/Spd EVed, given Giga Drain/Leech Seed/Reflect/Lightscreen and holding Light Clay. Pretty much the leader of my team, provides great team support and has little issues with getting KOed.

Some of the Pokemon you guys mentioned have piqued my interest though, I think I'll try using them when I have the chance to, unless it's one that I personally dislike of course. And it also helps if you post the moveset of the Pokemon you were disappointed with and its fellow team members, since it might be a result of bad overall strategy and coverage.
    Last edited by Hidden Power; 10th August 2012 at 9:28 PM.
    The best evolutionary designs are brought about by a balance between change and consistency.
    Artwork by Piper Thibodeau. You can view more of her work here.

I HATED purrloin. and masharna was a bit of a dissapointment to
    Mewtwo

You know anger most of all your emotions. You hold grudges against people, and swear to take revenge on anyone who gets in your way. You have a heart of power, and you constantly use that power in a bad way.

My freakin' swoobat and my unfezant
    my SWOOBAT was EXXXXXTRRRREEEEEEEMMMMLLLLLYYY pathetic
    same goes for unfezant
    75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature. (Started by SkittyLover77)

98% of fans believe that Ash's Oshawott will not evolve. If you are part of the 2% that believes in Samurott, copy and paste this into your sig and screw the haters! (Started by PrinceGray) for Ash! XD

Also,vote for Pikachu cuz' it's freakin' awesome!

"This is it. This is your story."
    -Auron

I guess I'll jump on the Purrloin/Liepard bandwagon. The first time you play it you're like wow this purple cat thing looks awesome I'm going to use it! and then you realize it's damage dealt:damage taken ratio is horrid. Zoroark and Bisharp were up there too simply because they were made of paper.

I hated patrat because it was just terrible.
    Check out Dragon-Tamer club..had to remove it because sig was too big. (Mod: As was having the water club)

Credit to Savanny
    CREDIT TO CYRIUS[
    Need someone to train your pokemon or breed for one ? I will do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rated PG View Post
    Golett dissappointed me it's missing something.
    you need to evolve it silly

I must say that I'm a little disappointed in Zoroark. I mean yeah, it's cool and all, but everyone made it out to be so much more. Everyone makes it seem like some kind of behemoth, while to me, it seemed like a standard dark type with the quick of it's ability.
    Or, maybe I'm using it wrong.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

I don't hate all of them but I would have to say Ferroseed.

I'm very disappointed in Carracosta. It seems weak and fragile compared to the rest of my team, if with the power-up of Shell Smash.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

I gotta say the starters. Patrat and Watcdog being the worst in look n use.

X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037

Wee... Poison slide at my gym...

Pokegyms Fairy Leader

Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    I'm very disappointed in Carracosta. It seems weak and fragile compared to the rest of my team, if with the power-up of Shell Smash.
    ....of course it becomes fragile, Shell Smash increases offense and speed at the cost of defenses.......if you still use Carracosta for stalling even after a Shell Smash, then you're doing it wrong. You'll be better with Curse instead.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Another bad one I didn't like was Lillipup...that Pokemon just sucked in my eyes.
    Check out Dragon-Tamer club..had to remove it because sig was too big. (Mod: As was having the water club)

Credit to Savanny
    CREDIT TO CYRIUS[
    Need someone to train your pokemon or breed for one ? I will do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cutty Flam View Post
    I gotta say the starters. Patrat and Watcdog being the worst in look n use.

I rather like watchog. Illuminate + SuperFang + Hypnosis = lots of pokemon caught Other than that I didn't find much use for him though. poor thing
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

Haxorus. Probably my least favorite dragon type of all time. It had the looks, but it was just outclassed by Hydreigon....
    Same applies with Serperior - it looked the coolest but ended up being weak.
    FIRE'S COOL FIRE'S BAD
    SOMETIMES FIRE MAKES ME MAD!!!

Black FC: 3739 9774 2494
    Platinum FC: 5286 3454 4291
    OF:
    Most evo stones/items, Pokerus, starter eggs, zorua w.dark pulse, Deino w.dark pulse,

Shinies(for trade)
    Charmander and Cyndaquil

I CAN CLONE. All i ask is for a clone of the pokemon. you keep the original and a clone version!

LF: shiny ho-oh/shiny lugia/ shiny deoxys/pokeshifter

Archeops was one of the biggest let downs with its terrible ability Defeatist.
    WHOS TERRIBLE IDEA WAS THIS

Purrloin. The kitty only got the looks, it stats, moves and requirement of loads of exp points to level up were absolutely ridiculous. And barely improved after evolving. I box'ed it immediately.

I had a zorua and he was EXTREMELY hard to train because of his lame movepool and poor stats (his special attacks are good but what use for them if he couldn't learn any good moves?) After evolving, even with psychical moves he turned into a beast! There's a huge power boost after evolving! It's just too bad I only got to use his full potential after he learned his first special move: shadow ball (roll eyes)

Oh yeah, archeops too. Though I managed to make use of the horrible ability with Endeavor.

Quote Originally Posted by MTeriyaki View Post
    Archeops was one of the biggest let downs with its terrible ability Defeatist.
    WHOS TERRIBLE IDEA WAS THIS
    I agree! I was excited to get it in the game and when I realized what its ability was, I was heated... WHAT KIND OF POKEMON IS THIS
    My Pokemon White FC: 4728-4965-2910
    My Pokemon White 2 FC: 4513-8303-2953

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    I rather like watchog. Illuminate + SuperFang + Hypnosis = lots of pokemon caught Other than that I didn't find much use for him though. poor thing

Well I can't stand them so no reason why I have to suffer to train Patrat first. Any pokemon can be used to catch other pokemon.
    Yanno, the funny side, I got shiny Watchdog as my one n only random shiny among 4 B/W games I own so far. :/ The game knows how to play games on you, huh?
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037

Wee... Poison slide at my gym...

Pokegyms Fairy Leader

Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    ....of course it becomes fragile, Shell Smash increases offense and speed at the cost of defenses.......if you still use Carracosta for stalling even after a Shell Smash, then you're doing it wrong. You'll be better with Curse instead.
    That's not what I meant. I know what Shell Smash does. Carracosta seems fragile even before a smash.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast