Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Most Dissapointing Pokemon You Have Used From The 5th Generation

I remember when I used an Emolga in White 1... I ditched it not long after the sixth Gym and it was a trade from Black. It failed to suffice even with the extra EXP.

Hmm... Probably Beartic.

As for one that gave me hurt feels...
    Gigalith, cool to look at and an attack that shreds faces, but every other stat seems sad, to the point that aside from my Shiny one and maybe that one I got on my white 2 (specimen dude here lol), I don't care for them too much, and often just keep Roggenrolas unevolved (because Boldore is okay and all, but I just like Roggenrolas better) and place them next to Geodudes in my PC for paralel comparison.
    What is Life's Greatest Illusion?
    Innocence, my brother...

Quote Originally Posted by char char View Post
    I was all excited to use Galvantula, not only because of its unique typing but its design was amazing.
    I quickly discovered how useless it was aside from it's speed. None of its attacks were very good and overall, it was just a let down.
    Really? I've been using Galvantula since I got a Joltik in an early trade when I was messing around with the new wi-fi features. As far as the electrics go in this game, none seem very impressive. At least in-game, Galvantula's speed and special attack are good enough that STAB-ed electric and bug special attacks KO most in one hit. I also tend to over-level, so that might explain it.

I would say pansage, pansear, and panpour and their evolved forms because they always fainted to easily.
    Forever alone! This Lone Wolf keeps on fighting!
    "I don't want to be alone, I just want to be left alone!"

credit goes to internet for image

Quote Originally Posted by Ropav View Post
    I would say pansage, pansear, and panpour and their evolved forms because they always fainted to easily.
    I can't say the same. I had Simisage in White, and she was one of my key members, even when I was facing the Elite Four! Maybe it's how you use them? *Shrugs*
    Welcome to the dungeon, little girl. We've got fun and games.

I find most of them are a waste of space, but my most disappointing was Watchog, it looks like a big tanker, but gets k0ed so easy....

~ | Latest shiny: Platinum (246 Softresets) | ~

~ | Friendscode X & Y: 3196-4085-3103 | ~

~ | Living Pokédex: 718/721 | ~

Quote Originally Posted by Dylz View Post
    I find most of them are a waste of space, but my most disappointing was Watchog, it looks like a big tanker, but gets k0ed so easy....
    Unlike Lenora's Watchog. Dat Retaliate...*shudder*
    Welcome to the dungeon, little girl. We've got fun and games.

Zebstrika is one for me... I caught one during my first playthrough in White so I would have an Electric-type on my team, and it's turned out to simply be completely underwhelming. It's got good speed, but its defenses are quite poor, and it has almost no movepool; it can only learn like three or four physical moves with a base power of more than 50 (which is pretty sad). Of course, I knew none of this until later on, as all of the Pokemon were completely unknown to me at that point.
    Friend Code: 2809 8504 5239

Friend Safari: Minccino, Lillipup and Ditto

Time Zone: GMT -4/ U.S. Eastern

Quote Originally Posted by Earendil View Post
    Zebstrika is one for me... I caught one during my first playthrough in White so I would have an Electric-type on my team, and it's turned out to simply be completely underwhelming. It's got good speed, but its defenses are quite poor, and it has almost no movepool; it can only learn like three or four physical moves with a base power of more than 50 (which is pretty sad). Of course, I knew none of this until later on, as all of the Pokemon were completely unknown to me at that point.
    Totally agreed there; I played through the first five or six gyms with Zebstrika and was massively let down. Electric is one of my favorite types, so I looked through the Pokedex, comparing stats and movepools of electrics in Unova and settled on Galvantula. Have you tried Galvantula out? He's one of my favorites on my team. Pretty miserable defense, like Zebstrika, but a good special attack and speed to make up for it. OHKO's most that I put it up against (in-game).
    WANT POKERUS? I can breed these starters/rares with Pokerus or pretty much anything you want:

Legendaries for trade:

Looking for:

I agree with Simisear it helps none in the elite four...

Quote Originally Posted by iliekmudkipz View Post
    Liepard.I thought Purrlion was a great pokemon at first.Then it evolved into Liepard.I checked its stats and I almost cried.Liepard has a base stat of 446.I stopped using Liepard after that.
    I enjoyed using my Liepard. Sure, it may not be the best, but it's classy and elegant looking, and if you run Hone Claws, it can do its job decently. Sure, it's outclassed. Sure, it's not the best, but my Liepard (nicknamed Garfield) has sure grown on me.

I liked all the Gen V Pokemon I've used so far, but I'd probably have to say Eelektross. My expectations for it were so high, and while it was very effective, it wasn't the no-weaknesses powerhouse I expected it to be. Shame. Perhaps it'll be improved in Gen VI.
    nikko.ideator
    black fc: 2022 7801 7535

Currently looking for: Meowth/Persian. PM me for details; I have plenty to offer!

Pokemon of this generation looks were truly deceiving.
    Generally disappointed in all the starters, was not feeling the way they looked. So tired of the Fire/Fighting type for the starter as well.
    Carracosta was another bad *** looking pokemon who turned out to be horrible.
    Virizion was the first legendary I caught, I was so excited to use it, turned out it sucked too.
    Was looking for fire pokemon alternatives, and started using Heatmor,what a huge mistake.

I honestly haven't been *disappointed* in any of them. For instance, I expected my elemental monkey to only be so-so - just a stopgap to make up for my starter's weakness - so I wasn't disappointed that that's all it was. I expected the early ones (and their evolutions) to be okay but nothing special, so I wasn't disappointed when that's all they were (and was pleasantly surprised when I found that Stoutland can be a passable wannabe Curselax). I expected the mid-game ones with an awesome stat or two (like Joltik/Galvantula) to have some other poor stat(s) to balance them out, so I wasn't disappointed when they did. All of that's just the way things have always been in Pokemon games, really.

Personally, I've had just the opposite reaction, overall, to the Unova dex - I've been surprised by how many of them impressed me when I didn't expect them to, like Leavanny or Technician Cinccino.

For whatever all that's worth...

I never actually expected Liepard to be good, but I was hoping for it to be at least decent. It was not. I had considered swapping Liepard out for Zoroark during my White play through. I never did since I usually like sticking with the first Pokemon I caught after my starter. If Liepard just learned some more physical moves or something, it wouldn't be as bad. Sure, it's not horrible, but it's not very great. At least it's cute.

Also Unfezant. Unfezant is not good either, but I like her anyway. The birds at the beginning are never that great (except Staraptor), but I mean... Unfezant is just not good. Not the best Attack...
    Last edited by SapphireL; 27th November 2012 at 7:48 AM.
    Alpha SapphireL

I have yet to be disappointed in any Pokemon I've used in the 5th gen, and I've completed playthroughs with 30 different species. Not one has ever disappointed me for an instant.
    SoulSilver BQ

Wonderful Banner by Golden Jet!!!!!
    Chapter 9 is up!! (Still Shocking!)

Purrloin, Simisage
    Currently Residing in the orange islands.

Fire is the key to life.

Seismitoad was pretty disappointing to use. Probably because of its terrible nature it had, it still wasn't very good.
    oopsie

Eh probably Samurott. Decents stats everywhere bar speed looked good in paper, but in practice was just a generic, pseudo-bulky water. As as an attacker, all roles are outclassed.
    Guess I'm good at RNGing stuff.
    [IMG]http://oi40.*******.com/ekkuat.jpg[/IMG]
    Trainer sprite by me. PM me if you want a Gen V shiny and/or flawless pokémon, I'll RNG it for you. :3

Serperior.

It has a weaker than average movepool and it's stats aren't too great either.

In my first White runthrough, my Purrloin was so bad I boxed it permanently....and Blitzle took its place.
    - National Pokedex Completion Date- 3/12/13 (Thanks EpiK SauCe!)

FC: 5129-0492-5213

Gigigear (known as Klingklang in English.) The thing's design was lazy and it had no movepool.
    [IMG]http://www.gamese****ch.com/090703-hiimdaisy.jpg[/IMG]

Unhappy

Seismitoad. I thought it was going to be a semi-Swampert, like Quagsire. Actually it was a semi-Wooper :/

Serperior really disappointed me. Neither its movepool nor its stats are anything special.

Back from a very long hiatus. Signature and other things under construction! My friend code is 3496-9664-6228, and my friend safari contains Slugma, Growlithe, and Braixen.

Spoiler:- Shinies and credits:

I was disappointed with Liepard. It was actually better before it evolved. The only time Liepard comes of any use is when you're battling Physic Pokemon, and that's only because it's a Dark Type. *facepalm*

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast