Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Most Dissapointing Pokemon You Have Used From The 5th Generation

Stoutland, unfortunately. I got lilipup because I love dogs, and it pretty good for most of the story but then afterwards in comparison with my other pokemon it is pretty weak and low stats. It is sorta cool though, but I've twice now had to abandon using it....
    Hi I am back and hopefully really will be active again! LOVING XY so much but there really isn't even a point of saying I love it since it is just....arceus. Yeah. Anyways, my 3DS friend code is 0688 5572 5678 if anyone wants to battle or register me!
    Friend Safari: Slugma, Growlithe, Braixen

My Black team was: Simisear, Excadrill, Unfezant, Chandelure, Samurott and Crustle. I did not have any problems with either of them.
    Black 2 team is: Emboar, Swanna, Flygon, Glaceon, Sandslash and Zoroark. Strangely, Flygon gave me the most trouble, it even has dragon claw and bulldoze.

Number of Genwunners = 100
    Number of people accused of being a Genwunner = 100 000 000 000 000 000
    Number of people complaning about Genwunners = 100 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000

Simisage was pretty disappointing. The other two simian Pokemon were pretty bad too, but not as bad as Simisage.

Liepard and Zebristika were pretty awkward.

Probably durant. I thought it was much stronger than mine turned out to be. Also braviary just because it took forever to evolve rufflet.

Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

Munna, there is a limit to be slow I guess ...
    Oh my Feebas !
    Newest Shiny !

Spoiler:- My Hunts and Shinies:

Quick question. (new to pokemon)
    So basically what you guys are saying is there are actually "really bad and by that I mean disappointing pokemons" even after considering EV and IV values?

For example: One will say "I m very disappointed with Munna because its so weak." Are you referring to the entire Munna species or just a particular Munna in your game?

I thought not every Munna or any same kind of pokemon are the same when it comes to strengths and weakness because of EV and IVs. Why not just catch or breed a strong Munna and ditch the weak one?

Can anyone enlighten me with this please?

I really don't like liepard -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Sealotic View Post
    Munna, there is a limit to be slow I guess ...
    Actually, I found Musharna to be quite useful. The Yawn / Dream Eater combo, along with Musharna's bulk, works very well in-game since NPCs hardly switch Pokemon. Calm Mind could also be thrown in for good measure.

Quote Originally Posted by char char char View Post
    Quick question. (new to pokemon)
    So basically what you guys are saying is there are actually "really bad and by that I mean disappointing pokemons" even after considering EV and IV values?

For example: One will say "I m very disappointed with Munna because its so weak." Are you referring to the entire Munna species or just a particular Munna in your game?

I thought not every Munna or any same kind of pokemon are the same when it comes to strengths and weakness because of EV and IVs. Why not just catch or breed a strong Munna and ditch the weak one?

Can anyone enlighten me with this please?
    Well, there are some Pokemon that will naturally underperform due to low base stats / poor stat distribution. IVs play a part, but when you're comparing a Lucario with a Liepard, the Lucario with horrible IVs will still do better than the Liepard with perfect IVs. As for EVs, if you're talking about the main story then you can't really control the EVs that your Pokemon gain that much, since you'll still have to make do with everything that comes your way. Also, Physical-based Pokemon tend to perform better in this aspect since a greater proportion of the Pokemon you'll meet give Attack EVs.
    3DS Friend Code: 2337-4080-6077 | Friend Safari (Poison): Cascoon, Venomoth, Muk
    Kalos Pokedex completed on 1 January 2014
    National Pokedex completed on 7 July 2014

Shinies:

I agree with Liepard and Zebstrika, They were both ditched around the 4th gym in my first playthrough.
    I was also disappointed with Crustle and Cofagrigus, I wasn't so used to using slow pokemon and I found even though they could take chunks out of opponents they couldn't be used repeatedly when travelling routes as damage stacked up on them too quickly and they didn't seem worth the constant healing. Crustle was ditched at Iccirus and I used Cofagrigus against Drayden just to remove abilities.

Haxorus for me, he seemed underwealming as a dragon type for me :\ and i over hyped myself before i caught him (had him planned to catch before i even bought the games)

Emolga for me. It was a terror to face, but when I tried using one for myself, I just couldn't keep it from taking massive damage. Maybe it just had awful IVs.

For me it has gotta be Unfezant it was really weak and its best attack was Air Slash
    White FC: 0691 4574 9377 add me

Liepard. It was a Dark Type that wasn't creepy, which is something I always love in a Pokemon, so when my Purrloin evolved into it I was so happy to have a strong Dark Type that wasn't creepy. I looked at it's stats to find out that it is far from strong.

I can really get any Pokemon to it's full potential and use it effectively but unfortunately, I haven't done this with Cryogonal. Cryogonal has such low Defense I faint too fast in battle. >_< It's really aggravating especially when fighting Fighting-Types and trying to level up!

Quote Originally Posted by Savanny
    This place is deader than my pets I have buried in the backyard...

patrat. bad stats and moves.
    My fc: 4871 5236 8426

Dare to battle me?

I'm back

Excadrill. Not only is it ugly as heck, it couldn't outspeed or 1HKO anything like everyone said it was supposed to.
    Simipour and Samurott too, because they couldn't take any hits.

Unlike many people I found neither Serperior nor Swoobat disappointing. Y'all are using Serperior wrong - if you expect it to 1HKO everything like most other starters, you'll find yourself disappointed, but if you teach it Coil and Leech Seed and carefully set up, it can work quite well. As for Swoobat - well, its stats may be bad but if you manage to pull off two Calm Minds it will kill everything.

Quote Originally Posted by *~Silver*~ View Post
    Liepard. It was a Dark Type that wasn't creepy, which is something I always love in a Pokemon, so when my Purrloin evolved into it I was so happy to have a strong Dark Type that wasn't creepy. I looked at it's stats to find out that it is far from strong.
    This.

I love Liepard's design but....man there is no way to make one of those things tough. I'd love to have one in my team if it could hold it's own but I can't seem to get to that point.
    SS: Vappy 1335 7230 1547
    W: Vappy 4041 5508 6002
    3DS (X): Vappy 0834 0950 6490

Hydreigon. It may be a surprising response, but it wasn't because of its stats, or its moves. My disappointment was because it takes FOREVER to evolve! It's just... absurd how much grinding it takes! Mind you, I did go back and raise one post-E4, but... who thought it would be a good idea to have a Pokemon evolve at level 64? That's ridiculous even by pseudo-legendary standards!

...Though, if we're going to do with traditional "weak" responses, it would have to be Zebstrika for me. Loved its design, but found it lacking in both power and bulk, causing it to miss out on critical KOs and get KO'ed itself.
    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

For me, it has to be the Blitzle / Zebstrika line. At first, it seemed to be pretty cool in terms of design, moves and stats, but then it got weak, a little bit after evolution.

hmu on xbox !!!!

Trubish! it was the worst IMO

"Small but Brave! Keldeo the Hero!!"

3DS FC- 4141-3093-5467

FS- Flying Safari- Hawlucha,Woobat,Spearow

Please add me to your Friend Roster!

Gonna have to agree with the masses, Zebrastrika was a useless addition to my team. Looked good, sounded good. Turned out to be a big flop! Shame really
    Black 2 FC: 4728 7067 7735

I have my own trade shop. Please visit!

All my shop artwork was made by chrishastie. Awesome. Immortalized through signature!

the monkeys. great for the 1st gym but after that useless. and also emboar cuz he always gets beaten before he could do anything.

Probably Emboar and Zebstrika. I like their designs but they sucked in battle especially since Emboar's good moves hurt it.

Liepard. That thing is really weak, I could barely train it. Real shame because I like it so much.

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 LastLast