Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Most Dissapointing Pokemon You Have Used From The 5th Generation

Would have to be Unfeazent. I was a big fan of Staraptor in Gen 4 and was hoping for more of the same with Unfeazent but the later i got in the game the more useless it became especially against the Elite 4 and Champion
    -FireRed
    -SoulSilver
    -Emerald
    -Platinum
    -White
    -White2

Eelektross. I love his raw offensive power and design, as well as his typing/ability combo, but I underestimated how much his low speed would hinder him...
        Spoiler:- My Blog and Friend Codes:
    My Shinies:

I agree completely. I loved my Seismitoad but had to ditch it.

I invested a lot of time in my Braviary and while it isn't completely useless, I really don't find it useful. Also, I am not too impressed with Hydreigon. I don't regret level grinding to evolve it, but I've not been too impressed with its in-game use thus far.

I have some actually

- The Monkeys: They were only useful for Gym 1. Past that I kind of find it a burden to train it and they either died (nuzlock) or ended up as HM Slaves.
    - Blitzle: Very underwhelming. It was cool and all, but its movepool makes it a Flareon. Bad bulk, awesome attack, okay special attack, but the movepool for a special attacker.
    - The Starters: To me, the starters aren't as good as previous generations. Considering how Samurott and Serperior both stay plain typing, they were kind of underwhelming.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

The Monkeys! They looked weak right from the start, and they lived to that expectations...
    And Munna and Audino... I caught both of them very early and I thought they would be like some Chimecho and Clefable... Anyway I stopped using them soon after...
    Music is Magic

Looking for DW Friends.
    White FC 1421 6448 3834

Hmm... This is really hard. I was quite disappointed with many. But here are the ones I was very disappointed by:

Unfezant: I usually always use the regional bird. Compared to the others, it was pretty bad.
    Throh: Or I should say Ernie, was extremely slow for use.
    Sigilyph: Hope I spelled that right. Was just looked weird to look at and its movepool was rather shallow.
    Cryoganol: Yet again, hope I spelled that right. It was a drooling Snowflake and that's what I felt using it, drooling.
    *Insert Some Cool Image Here*

Sadly Emboar, loved the design, but he were so awful to use in battle I ended up switching mines out with Vaporeon in BW2.

The Elemantal Monkeys for sure. I tried using Pansage but it was so useless that I chucked into the PC after the first gym.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

Zebstrika. She was fantastic for the most part, but its movepool hindered it more and more the later I got into the game. I still like Zebstrika, I just hope they improve its movepool.
    Yellow Team

Current Pokémon Y Team Members
    Greninja, Venusaur, Blaziken, Raichu, Tyrantrum, Mr. Mime

Pokémon X Planned Team Members
    Chesnaught, Charizard, Vespiquen, Jynx, Jolteon, Lucario

Eelektross. It's not terribly disappointing, but its incredibly low speed really hurts considering it isn't amazing defensively. It at least has a great move pool with type coverage to make up for it though.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Sigilyph. So slow... so frail... so weak... such a bad movepool...

I've heard they're good competitively, but I've never actually saw one on PO when I played, and the one I used in-game sucked.

Tornadus. I got him solely for beating Cheren, but I ended up using a Bouffalant with Sap Sipper anyway. Unless your either dedicated to grinding, or completing the 'dex, don't bother getting Tornadus. Of course, I'm not trying to offend any Tornadus fans here. I just don't like him.

Um.... Stunfisk. It was very slow and wasn't really that bulky. Yet it was crucial to me beating Cynthia's stupid Braviary.

Ducklett i was hoping that it would be helpful since i wanted a flying type but it evolved into a swan and i really didn't like it so now it was my HM user until i resetted the game

Liepard, no contest. I was actually excited for an early Dark-type Pokémon, I didn't think it would be an awesomely strong Pokémon, but at least usable like Mightyena... Of course, I was terrible wrong.

Cofagrigus and Golurk too, I am not sure why, but I couldn't proper use them? Jellicent worked way better for me, so did Chandelure.

Liepard and Unfezant. I still like both, but they aren't as good in battle as I anticipated. I guess it's because I got spoiled with Staraptor the last gen and therefore expected this gen's bird to be able to compare. Liepard... I dunno, I didn't expect a lot from it in the first place, but it somehow still managed to surprise me in how easily went down from... pretty much everything. Then again, if I recall my Liepard had bad defense IVs, so meh.
    TumblrdeviantArt

"I am not a bad man
    Even though I do bad things
    Very bad things
    Such horrible things"

Current rps
    | Boktai |

Pansear. :/

If you fail to OHHKO a Pokemon that's 4x weak to your STAB Move, and it OHKO's you with a move you resist, there's a problem... :/ (Incinerate sucks)

Audino. I thought it was good because its rare and stuff, but its attack sucks.
    3DS: 1349 - 5259 - 6997
    IGN: Joshua

Friend Safari: Pyroar, Braxien & Pansear ♪

my shinies c:
    • horsea (obtained 10/22/13)
    • seadra (obtained 10/23/13)
    • feebas (hatched 12/29/13) outstanding with 3 perfect ivs c:
    • swinub (hatched 2/2/14) above average with 3 perfect ivs

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaMunoz View Post
    Audino. I thought it was good because its rare and stuff, but its attack sucks.
    I caught it and it couldn't do anything

I always thought the monkeys were cool, until, you know, I found out they couldn't do anything either
    [img]http://i41.*******.com/2m2fivq.png[/img]
    Lovely Art by Equal-to-Heaven
    Join the Pokemon Anime Style Battling League!
    |PASBL|FB|Manga|A little something to watch|Art|
    [img]http://i42.*******.com/2lw4umr.gif[/img]

Liepard, or rather Purrloin. I had picked one up while I was training for Cilin since I like Dark-types, but the thing just couldn't deal any damage. Stuck it in the PC once I was abe to catch a Roggenrola which proved much more useful.

Quote Originally Posted by CapnObvious123 View Post
    Yeah, I was really excited by Golurk's typing and how cool it looked before I knew anything about it. Then I saw its speed stat.
    One word: tank. In fact, I made sure to get a Brave Natured Golett when I hit the Dragonspiral Tower. I knew Riser wouldn't be speedy so I decided to take the hit there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post
    Liepard, no contest. I was actually excited for an early Dark-type Pokémon, I didn't think it would be an awesomely strong Pokémon, but at least usable like Mightyena... Of course, I was terrible wrong.

Cofagrigus and Golurk too, I am not sure why, but I couldn't proper use them? Jellicent worked way better for me, so did Chandelure.
    Oh heavens, Liepard. >.< There are no words to express the disappointment that is Liepard. Purrloin's adorable but can't stay alive. It's even worse after evolving.

I can't speak for Cofagrigus, as I've never really used a Defensive-type Ghost but Golurk worked wonders for me. I pitched a lot into Riser's Attack and filled the rest in with Defense and Sp. Defense EVs and it worked; he took down Ghetsis for me. Seriously, the big guy was a killer. If it moved and I said, "Destroy it", Riser beat it into paste. This is not an exaggeration, either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster Guy View Post
    Pansear. :/

If you fail to OHHKO a Pokemon that's 4x weak to your STAB Move, and it OHKO's you with a move you resist, there's a problem... :/ (Incinerate sucks)
    Ugh. Don't go there.

I got my Pansear up to level 38, thinking things would eventually get better and they didn't. I finally Stoned thing, got a Simisear for the 'Dex and shoved it into the deepest, darkest recesses of my PC. It can stay there and rot.

Haxorus was a disappointment to me, honestly. I grabbed one via GTS that happened to be level 100, fully EV trained and perfect in Speed and Attack.

It kept getting killed by Scald and Overheat. Yeah, didn't keep that thing around after that. I ended up trading it for a shiny Golett and I have no regrets. Same story with my Hydreigon: it kept getting its butt handed to it while I was training it so I traded it off to nail a nice shiny Golurk that was on GTS. Again, no regrets on my end.

May you be waiting for me in the next Gen and forevermore.
    These are my babies. Be kind to them.

Panpour and Purrloin for me. They are pretty horrible...

I tried to train a Panpour when I first bought Pokémon Black. Since I'm a water Pokémon fan I was really excited when I saw him but after I trained it for like 20 levels, I was so dissapointed... Ended up trading it for Jellicent which turned out GREAT.
    I won't even say anything about Purrloin. Dear god xD
    [IMG]http://i50.*******.com/wh1g8y.jpg[/IMG]

~ It's KE$HA in the casa, baby le-let's get get LOCO ~

Black 2 Team:

Probably Gigalith, His stats look great at first and I like Rock types, but his super low speed and terrible moveset really disappointed me.

Still not a bad pokemon, and I would of liked him a lot more if you got Earthquake much earlier in the game.

I actually enjoyed many of the pokemon in Gen V. Of course, as many have noted, the monkeys (I had Simipour) performed poorly as the game progressed. The pokemon that disappointed me most, however, was Druddigon. I liked its design, but using it felt so cumbersome.
    Cheer up and dry your damp eyes and tell me when it rains
    And I'll blend up that rainbow above you and shoot it through your veins
    Cause your heart has a lack of color and we should've known
    That we'd grow up sooner or later cause we wasted all our free time alone

[IMG]http://i42.*******.com/15d0sae.jpg[/IMG]
    FC: 5327-1964-6646
    FS: Magneton, Skarmory, Excadrill
    Anime List

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920 LastLast