Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Most Dissapointing Pokemon You Have Used From The 5th Generation

I used my Pansear at the beginning of the game and thought it was good but it really started to suck later on even after evolving it but I still like it

Liepard, without a doubt.

Pretty disappointed by Zoroark, too. For all the hassle I went through to get it, you'd think at least it'd be able to take a hit.

For me, Scolipede just didn't seem to hold up to my expectations like I was hoping - I'd really been looking forward to try it out. It just didn't put out enough damage for my liking. It probably was the way I used it or perhaps it had crappy IVs but even so it went in my PC after I finished the story and picked up a Sigilyph instead, which remains on my team today.

I actually rather enjoy the monkeys, though I think the one which held up the least for me was probably Simisear. I didn't mind Simisage and Simipour that much and they get the job done pretty well, plus they're pretty fast too!
    Current White 2 Team:
    | Octavia Lv.88 | Roccoco Lv.89 | Lily Lv.88 | Viola Lv.89 | Jesper Lv.88 | Angora Lv.88 |

I didn't care for the starters. Serperior looks awesome but his offensive stats are terrible and a rather shallow move pool

Quote Originally Posted by Excadrill385 View Post
    Probably Gigalith, His stats look great at first and I like Rock types, but his super low speed and terrible moveset really disappointed me.

Still not a bad pokemon, and I would of liked him a lot more if you got Earthquake much earlier in the game.
    Yeah, I kind of expected more from Gigalith- even his defense disappointed me at times.

At first, I thought Swoobat would come in handy, but after playing a bit, there was always another Pokémon that did what it could do better in the game.
    Black-2 FC: 1034 - 9555 - 8683
    White FC: 5243 - 6137 - 1070

Ugh, Purrloin was awful. I tried training one 'cause I thought it would help me beat Straiton Gym but... let's just say it didn't work out, and afterwards it was thrown into the deepest, darkest recesses of the box. Never to be seen again. The monkeys were disappointing as well. I liked their original designs, but the evolved forms were plain ugly. And also, the actual moves and stuff were so underwhelming. I think the starters are pretty fun in their first forms... I hate Emboar's design, he looks so big and bulky and ugly. Zebstrika was useful for a while but then he kinda lagged behind a bit so I dropped him. Most of the ones at the start were pretty awful, actually... :l

After a third consecutive generation of a Fire/Fighting starter, I'm sad that I continued the tradition of using the Fire starter. Emboar is just... underwhelming. Also, Unfezant would've been so much better if its stats reflected all those special moves it learns leveling up.
    Army Veteran 2001-05

4828-4813-6430 -- 3DS (Dr. Lu)
    Friend Safari - Dragon (Fraxure, Shelgon, and Sliggoo)

Gen VI shinies caught: 9
        Spoiler:

Garbodor. I used to like it because I thought that it was strong, but when I used it in battle, its offense was very sloppy. I understand that it has quite the defence, but it doesn't stand out to my other Pokemon.

Unfezant. He just sucks.
    My 3DS FC is 2964-8767-0282 PM me if you add me!

Visit Me and Chapter of Charizards gaming blog. Fans are always appreciated and welcomed. Feel free to comment!

There were so many in BW

Audino - just another chansey
    woobat - just another zubat
    pansear/pansage/panpour - i didn't like their moveset
    Lilipup - Boring design
    Patrat- Just scary
    Kyurem - Doesn't even look like pokemon
    B/W kyurem- Very overdesigned
    Happiny is awesome

Bands and artists I like at the moment:
    Radiohead
    Muse
    Boards Of Canada
    The Beatles
    Bjork
    Aphex Twin
    Nine Inch Nails
    Vampire Weekend
    Lady Gaga
    Gorillaz
    Brian Eno
    Coldplay

Zebstrika & Flygon for me...
    Last edited by macias; 6th April 2013 at 4:46 PM.
    3DS FC: 1779-0067-2982

I believe I've posted here before, but Gothitelle. It's really ugly, and it is just a plan old Psychic-Type. It's speed isn't the best, either.

Quote Originally Posted by macias View Post
    Zebstrika & Flygon for me...
    Flygon was not introduced in Gen 5, just to let you know.
    *Insert Some Cool Image Here*

The three elemental monkeys are probably even more dissapointing than Stunfisk. If they had Eelektross-like attacking stats, then they could have been much better.

P.S. Garbodor and Eelektross are awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSword39 View Post
    Flygon was not introduced in Gen 5, just to let you know.
    Yes I'm aware of that. That was just the Pokemon that came into my mind if we're speaking of Most Dissapointing (in 5th gen Games), also thought that they were asking about ones that we were able to catch in the game, looks like I didn't read the question properly
    3DS FC: 1779-0067-2982

Garbador. I thought it was going to be a really bulky physical thing to fit with its stats, but it turned out to only really learn special attacks and only poison type moves.

Purrlion/Liepard- Purrloin hits horrendously weak compared to the other little pokemon in the beginning of the game, and Liepard isn't much improved except for Fake Out. It sucks because the design is a lot cooler than the other fancy cats- Glameow and Purugly.
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/tahegy.png[/IMG]

The New Generation

But Garbodor has decent bulk(80/82/82) and access to STAB Gunk Shot and Seed Bomb. This is basically what Garbodor needs. The monkeys have poor bulk(they are 2HKOed by everything at the same level! lol 75/63/63) and you don't want to lose 70000 PokeDollars just to get the Fire Blast TM. Sure, the monkeys have a great movepool, but they are just too weak.

Now you might say Gunk Shot suffers from the same problem as Focus Miss, but Fire Blast isn't much better.

As for Liepard, I totally agree.
    Last edited by UbersSuck20; 6th April 2013 at 7:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by *futachimaru* View Post
    There were so many in BW

Audino - just another chansey-Except not like chansey at all, other than having high hp. It's meant to be an exp grinder.
    woobat - just another zubatThey're both bats, but woobat is flying/psychic.
    pansear/pansage/panpour - i didn't like their moveset
    Lilipup - Boring design
    Patrat- Just scary
    Kyurem - Doesn't even look like pokemonWhat exactly does a pokemon look like?
    B/W kyurem- Very overdesignedSo being all black and all white is overdesigned?
    *In-bold**
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by UbersSuck20 View Post
    Kyurem doesn't look like a Pokemon. It's deformed and ugly.
    What? Doesn't look like a Pokemon? What does that even mean?

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

Kyurem is completely uninspired. IMO it looks like a failed clone of a Yu-Gi-Oh monster or something like that. It's also deformed.

Back on the topic, Druddigon kinda sucks, though it's awesome in competitive battling.

Pretty sure Kyurem's deformed appearance was intentional though, given it's meant to be merely a leftover, empty shell of a whole Pokemon left behind by the separation of Reshiram and Zekrom.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

I know I'm a little late here - I've just not been getting back into the series. Gen 1 dominated my childhood. I loved GSC. I even liked RSE. Then came DPP, and i liked those even more than RSE. After that there was SS and HG... AWESOME remakes of the classics of my childhood. And today, I put Pokemon Black into my game cartridge.... Entirely new pokemon??? New EVERYTHING?? I was excited. I felt like a 6 year old opening pokemon red (in japanese mind you, English wasnt out yet). I started the game....

And I wanted to blow my G** D*** brains out within 20 minutes. What happened??????? I decided to NOT save, and since I bought the game used, check out the completed version of whoever owned the game before me.

What on earth happened? There are components I dont even understand, and USELESS, UGLY pokemon that make me embarrassed to have had such a great love for this franchise.

I've spent about 25-30 minutes on this game and I'm contemplating quitting this for good, and i JUST started again.

God, someone, please help me. Commiserate or convince me to give it a shot (that's gonna be quite a challenge though)

I want to cry.

Jesus.
    Soul Silver Friend Code

0476 - 8186 - 0021

Current Team

- - - - - - -

Looking for someone to trade and trade back with. (for evolution purposes). PM me.

Joltik .... ugh
    Black FC: 5415 9915 9793
    Black2 FC: Milling events
    X Friend code: ZK2Z-U9WG-JALB-WJBE
    3ds Friend code: 4270-0846-6137

Pokedex is 645/645 Need Manaphy Shaymin Victini Keldeo

Liepard- As stated before, horrendously weak. I tried to make it a part of my team, I really did, but it didn't work out
    Pansear- Oh gosh, it's so hard to work with b/c of it's stupidly shallow move pool and it's stats are just flat
    Zebstrika- It was nice at first, great speed with flame charge for an extra boost, but it just didn't do the trick.
    Sawsbuck- Again, I felt like everything else was overpowered while my pokemon just suffered (my pokemon weren't under leveled)
    EDIT: Forgot the obvious Emboar

Overall, I just felt that a big majority of 5th gen pokemon were lackluster for me. Their movesets and overall stats were depressing. The most depressing part was how long they expected you to put up with the pokemon's crappy stats until evolution. *Here's a Litwick, it's level 19 but it doesn't evolve until it's late thirties or early fourties and it's current stats are garbage....have fun!*
    Last edited by Cometstarlight; 11th April 2013 at 11:58 PM.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics

Fanfic Status: Currently postponed-- Kingdom Hearts: Memories' Reflection. Last updated 8/17/13

*emboar, because it's soooo slow.
    *swoobat, it was weak and had poor defences.
    *zebstrika, it doesn't have good enough stats to make it.

The real problem with this generation is that their stats let them down. one or two stats are good, but the rest usually let them down.
    The Doctor: 'People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually*
    from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.'
    In other words: Time is Complicated.
    Credit to epicjirachifan, Chapter of Charizard FairyWitch and Astaral Shadow of the Under

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920 LastLast