Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Most Dissapointing Pokemon You Have Used From The 5th Generation

Quote Originally Posted by fitzy909 View Post
    *emboar, because it's soooo slow.
    *swoobat, it was weak and had poor defences.
    *zebstrika, it doesn't have good enough stats to make it.

The real problem with this generation is that their stats let them down. one or two stats are good, but the rest usually let them down.
    Yeah, that's exactly how I felt about gen 5. I don't hate gen 5, but it's probably my least favorite of the ones we have
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics

Fanfic Status: Currently postponed-- Kingdom Hearts: Memories' Reflection. Last updated 8/17/13

Quote Originally Posted by Cometstarlight View Post
    Yeah, that's exactly how I felt about gen 5. I don't hate gen 5, but it's probably my least favorite of the ones we have
    To me gen 5 was just.... horrible. and gen 6 already looks WAYYYYYY better.
    POKEMON X

SO EXCITED FOR GEN 6, HAVE NOT BEEN THIS EXCITED SINCE GEN 3 AND 4, ALSO HAVE NOT PLAYED AS THE GIRL SINCE THEN.

Quote Originally Posted by Metalhead9838772 View Post
    Simisear, since I didn't knew it wouldn't learn ANY moves after evolving. His strongest attacks were bite/incinerate, so...XD
    Agreed!I evolved my pansear with the fire stone my last one! IT WAS USELESS! Both of those pokemon! I never used them again! I didnt have black city since I was playing in white so I couldnt get any more fire stones so I could evolve my little cute vulpix.

One of my disapointments was krokorok. He was great but mine was underleveled so thats why but I loved the pokemon and in battle whew but he was just too well listen to this he was a krokorok the moment after the last E4 battle...
    Another was Herdier. I was taking so long to evolve it UGH! It was weak too so I just transfered my level 40 Stoutland from my older playthrough of Black 2 but it still wasnt great all it did was do some damage, take out ghost types with crunch when go back on my team. I had NO use for it.

Simisear, its movepool sucks, its stats suck, pretty much everything sucks. Needless to say, I quickly ditched it and never looked back.
    Liepard gets an honorable mention.
    I, stickerstaryoshi, am now authorized to use the usertitle "We got 3D: XY!", created by user Cresselia92 and to modify it according to my desires.

Fan of the Mario and Luigi series since 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by marioluigifan05 View Post
    Simisear, its movepool sucks, its stats suck, pretty much everything sucks. Needless to say, I quickly ditched it and never looked back.
    Liepard gets an honorable mention.
    all of the simi's are pretty bad, but most early pokemon are. they are just there to get you through the game.

Always watching. Always waiting. Never truly at peace in a realm of its own.
    Giratina will return....someday.

First playthrough, i ran into a stunfisk. wasnt really paying attention during the encounter because i was watching tv at the time. i thought, okay. new pokemon. ill catch it. i did, not thinking of it. woo. new dex entry. whatever.
    a few steps later i ran into another stunfisk that turned out to be yellow! freaking out, i carefully caught it! wasnt going to let a critical hit ruin my fun! so i get it and run to the computer to see my new shiny!

But it turned out the first one i saw was the shiny! i ran it through the rest of the storyline with me. i almost got a game over because i traded out my krokorock or whatever my ground type was to fit it in place.

It was really weak, but its my little buddy! I still keep it around since its special to me. i only wish it werent so useless in a fight.
    Don't click this.
    Friend code:
    2537 3221 1504
    Name: Crabman

A gift from Sizida

Bisharp. It was really frail. It would usually faint before getting to attack. Its HP and Speed were horrible too.

Wild Future ~ Tyrone Walpole
    Credit
    I have claimed the Almighty Charizard.

I think that part of the problem with this Generation was that so many pokemon took so long to evolve, and they are the ones I found to be the most frustrating and annoying.
    Larvesta for one. Get the egg, hatch it out. Discovers that it will not evolve until level 59. Awful moves. Into the box you go!
    Followed closely by Deino, Vulluby, Rufflett, Pawniard, Ferroseed, Litwick, Klink, Solosis, Elgyem, Gothita, Vanillite, Cubchoo, Ducklett, Frillish and others.
    I know that evey one of them has the potential to end up being good, but when you're about to face your fifth or sixth gym with a bunch of unevolved pokemon, something ain't right!
    In most of the above cases, the main storyline had to be over before you could make use of them.
    Friend code: 5257-9947-2315. PM me so I can add you too. Safari contains Phanpy, Marowak and Palpitoad.

Current Y team (champions)

Current X team (6th gym badge won)

Serperior.

I didn't look up the starters before playing through the game for the first time, so I decided to pick the grass type starter to try something different. And it's got to be the most useless starter in all the Pokemon games so far because it has such a horribly inadequate movepool. Even with TMs, it learns nothing except grass moves.

Visit my Youtube Channel

Pokemon Y: Name: Yoda FC: 0001-3341-1988

Quote Originally Posted by DarthVader
    You may dispense with the pleasantries Commander; I am here to put you back on schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Sprinter1988 View Post
    Larvesta for one. Get the egg, hatch it out. Discovers that it will not evolve until level 59. Awful moves. Into the box you go!
    Oh yeah I forgot about Larvesta, I was planning on using it too until I remembered when it evolved and had bad moves.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthVader View Post
    Serperior.

And it's got to be the most useless starter in all the Pokemon games so far .
    Nah

Well..... Surprisingly the ice cream pokemon were GREAT. So why do people hate them? (I used the attack bite or lick when I was trying to catch a vannilitte, for the lols because it's an ICE CREAM lol)
    But well.... Sesmitoad wasn't that helpful as I thought it would. It didn't help that much for gym battles, so really I failed against elesa so I had to get a gigalith and gurrdur to help me out. Yeah I needed a water type and posion type but this thing didn't help me out as much as I expected it would.

Samurott was disappointing, they should have made him bipedal with proper samuri armour and swords making him a water and steel/fighting type.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinjohnkaisar View Post
    I've played the game thrice so far and:
    Thrice :')

zebstrika. I could't train it because it constantly fainted

Leavanny, a Pokémon with two 4x weaknesses is just not going to make it on any of my teams. And Unfezant too, i was hoping for a little more potential from that bird.
    "You need stomping. And I'm a Stomptologist."

"Trust me, any problem comes up, I'll stomp it into next week! I'll Bowserize it!"

"Count Bleck, Floro Sapiens, whatever... Stomping fools is my business! Show me a fool, and I'll stomp it! I don't even need a reason!"

Zebstrika, because the stats and movepool were disappointing.
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/zlsw91.jpg[/IMG]
    Creds to Silverend719

Quote Originally Posted by supersmew View Post
    Pokémon White 2.

Because I want to nearly die by being impaled by ice spears.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    I didn't know that Rocks turned into Haunted/Evil Trees nowadays.

Serperior and Samurott kinda dissapointed me. They weren't bad per se, just kinda boring. Swasbuck is pretty strong but frail like Swoobat (especially frail for Swoobat.) Speaking of Swoobat, the biggest problem I had with it is that it's a special attacker and fly is a physical move. I didn't want to switch swoobat out so I just sucked it up and wasted a moveslot on fly. Jellicent is... not as bulky as I would like it to be, nor as strong. It's kind of exceedingly mediocre.

Oddly enough I have a softspot for Stunfisk. I just wanna go up to it and be like, "who's my favorite suck-tastic pokemon? You are! You are! Yeeeeessss you are!"

Krookodile actually lived up to my expectations, maybe not completely, but close enough. I think it was the moxie ability.

Hmmm... A lot.

There was Emboar, which I still use on my main Black team, but suffered from a lack of Speed. Zebstrika ended up not really cutting the mustard, especially given its horrendous physical movepool. Swanna was all well and dandy, until I realized it couldn't learn Blizzard, which was key to my strategy for Drayden. Zoroark... wasn't bad, per se, but being limited to Night Slash for STAB was infuriating at times. I did manage to utterly humiliate Caitlin because her AI thought it was a Zebstrika, and therefore could be damaged by Psychic, and just kept using it over and over. Crustle... it was mostly an impulse catch, but I thought I could utilize Sturdy and Shell Smash together. One guess how that turned out.

One time in White, I used Reuniclus - and utterly hated it. It was slow, it couldn't take a hit, and it just flat out sucked. Never use Reuniclus in-game. Ever.

Also, I've used Serperior before in White 2, and really, I have no beef with it. Really, anything you can do with Lilligant, you can do with Serperior, except on the physical side.

People talk about how bad the elemental monkeys are, and really, I'd only agree with Simisear sucking. I didn't have that many problems with Simisage, and I'm currently playing through a second copy of Black and using Simipour. About to fight Elesa, and no real problems to report.
    Last edited by Nightlingbolt; 30th June 2013 at 10:48 PM.
    Pokemon Y Friend Code: 3282-3535-2249

Friend Safari: Pansage, Petilil, Gogoat

As of now, my focus is on Safaris with starters (barring Wartortle and Quilladin), but give me your Safari anyway. Chances are I'll find something interesting.

Well, there's many Pokemon that disappoint me. First, Zebstrika. His stats are horrible. Sucks at movepool. Then, Simisear. Well people already said why. Unfezant is disappointing as well.
    ♠ ♣ ♦ ♥

Unfezant was disappointing for me, but that's really it. I used Simisage and thought he was a great pokemon. Galvantula is another one that surprised me; it's a really strong and fast pokemon (with compoundeyes).

Mandibuzz stinks, I expected something more awesome when I finally evolved it. Nope, pathetic attacking stats. Why are the most annoying version exclusives so bad? You wouldn't ever want to trade for one except to complete the pokedex.

Archeops.
    I know its pretty much a monster in battle (combine Acrobatics with a Flying Gem, and you'll know what I mean), but it gets one-hit KOed by nearly everything. Even if it does survive a hit, Defeatist kicks in (although then again I've still managed to KO with my Archeops even when Defeatist was active).

Also Golurk (I don't care if it has a high Attack stat + access to Iron Fist, I've seen Slugma attack faster than it can), Scrafty (mine kept getting one-hit KOed all the time, plus she was holding Shed Shell and because of a glitch in W2 couldn't switch out during battles unless she fainted) and Beartic (decent attack + reallly slow.)
    Last edited by Gampi; 1st July 2013 at 5:30 PM. Reason: the grammers

Id have to say snivy all the way thru. There's not many good grass types to begin with and he didn't help anythin.

I was pretty dissapointed with Seismitoad. He was alright but I expected better from him. I also breifly used a Galvantula and wish it had been a viable option but I had to choose Eelektross because there's really no contest. Galvantula might have been my second Bug type Champion (After Heracross in Colosseum).
    My Decade of Pokemon Games: December 25, 2004-November 21, 2014
    LESRXDCPFPF DSSWB2XAegislashHawluchaYDelphoxMalamar
    AS ?

My favorite PS replay-Sableye wrecks Mewtwo, Giratina, and Arceus

Archeops by a land slide, because stat-wise it is great, and it learns some good moves, but game freak had to go and give it defeatist for it's ability!
    3DS Friend Code: 1633-4430-3139

Pokemon teams
    Crystal: Feraligatr Donphan Magmar Espeon Magneton Dragonite
    FireRed: Blastoise Raichu Hypno Flareon Marowak Dragonite
    Emerald: Swampert Gardevoir Breloom Aggron Salamence Raichu
    Platinum: Empoleon Roserade Togekiss Garchomp Gallade Jolteon
    HeartGold: Feraligatr Heracross Celebi Arcanine Donphan Raichu
    White Samurott Simisear Zebstrika Scrafty Archeops Reuniclus

Mienfoo,but only before it evolved-as a Mienshao,it is a beast.

Mienfoo,but only before it evolved-as a Mienshao,it is a beast.

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920 LastLast