Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920

Thread: Most Dissapointing Pokemon You Have Used From The 5th Generation

The Elemental Monkeys were by far the most disappointing Pokemon in Generation 5 for me.
    Even though Simisage, Simisear, and Simipour's movepool are different, there stats remain the same, nothing different or unique about them.
    I used other Pokemon in place of The Elemental Monkeys, whether they were a Fire, Water, or Grass type, there were always something better in Generation 5.

mostly 3rd stages are disappointing, for me they are
    chandelure - probably after when you evolve to this, you won't have a chance to learn new fire attacks which lampent and litwick can learn
    gigalith - despite with its sturdy ability, its speed is very slow which i really don't want most on my pokemon

Simisage was the most disappointing.

My most disappointing would have to be Durant and Heatmor... I only liked them because of the anime, but got really disappointed playing with them in the game... :/

Credit to
    SWORN METALHEAD
    for the sig!

Emboar and Swoobat! Gigalith, too. Also, Emolga... I really thought he would be awesome, but soon I discovered he wasn't. Just thought he would be because of Elesa, haha!!!

Serperior was rather disappointing for me. I just didn't really know what to do with it. It has pretty good speed and defenses, and kind of mediocre stats in the rest, plus equal Atk and SpAtk, it just felt really contradicting. It didn't really pack much of a punch, but couldn't all out wall as well as many other choices, so I found myself using it only as a switch in to give a potion to my lead.

Zebstrika was also rather disappointing. Its stats showed it had potential, but his move pool was extremely weak. Almost every attack that broke 65 damage had a negative aspect to it, such as Wild Charge and its 1/4 recoil damage.
    3711-7728-5652

Three recent disappointments for me were Kyurem, Durant, and Heatmor.
    Kyurem is good, but I was expecting him to be great. If his Glaciate move were 50% freeze and 100 power (An Ice version of Ho-Oh's Sacred Fire) that would have been very cool.
    Durant seemed useable, but its speed could have been a bit higher as well as attack and it disappointed me the couple of times I used it in Showdown.
    Heatmor was just pitiful. It seemed like a weaker Magmortar with the gimmicky eating moves you'd expect from an anteater (Bug Bite, Spit Up, Lick, Swallow).
    My Decade of Pokemon Games: December 25, 2004-November 21, 2014
    LESRXDCPFPF DSSWB2XAegislashHawluchaYDelphoxMalamar
    AS ?

My favorite PS replay-Sableye wrecks Mewtwo, Giratina, and Arceus

Mienshao. That thing cannot take a single hit, from anything. My dude, Argo, is level 58 now, and goes down to pretty much everything over 90 damage by any Pokémon over level 50. It's infuriating. I've had to rely on the Exp. Share to bring him up those levels, and have used him since such a low level that I'm only bringing him to the Elite Four because he's been with me long enough. Otherwise, I'd have dropped him already. Lucario is ten times better.
    This I swear by the stars!

For me, it had to be these:

Whimsicott: This one was partly my fault, as I tried to use it offensively in a battle facility of some sort. Never again.

Lilligant: After training many Grass-types, this thing was even less powerful than my Serperior in Black Version.

Krookodile: Also my fault... this one had a Bold nature, and I only got it to have one for my in-game Dark-type team.

Throh: After training Sawk in my Black Version, Throh kind of disappointed me... a lot. It could take hits alright, but Sawk had Sturdy and was generally faster than most things.

Proud member of The Fairy-type Club and the Serena Fan Club!
    PM me for my Pokémon Y Friend Code! My Friend Safari type is the Ghost-type with Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Spiritomb!
    Current Y Team: | Celebi | Squishums the Goodra | Venusaur | Evelia the Cresselia* | Greninja | Jolteon |

I have to stay that the one I am most sad about is liepard. Faints all the time, especially in the white tree area. On the other hand I love Lucario, he's a beast and probably the best Pokemon there is because he is strong against 5 types being a fighting type (best type for super effectives in the game) and steel which has the most resistances in the game. I digress....opposed to the guys further down in this forum post I do have to say my Unfezant is the most powerful pokemon I have! lvl 74 adamant nature 242 attack power, and even at that attack power isnt what it could be! because it has red highlight on its attack! So I guess I lucked out compared to the rest of you all who got a crappy one! (Worst of them all is Ditto I think, my level 80ish babysat breeding ditto (only one right now) has all stats under 90!!!!!!!!!!!) Anyone got a worse stated pokemon?

The starters were disappointing. Serperior was too hard to use for me (wanted something offensive), Emboar was the third fire/fighting type & too slow. So, ended up taking Samurott which isn't much compared to previous water starters. The elemental monkeys were also equally disappointing. I feel Simisear is the worst of the three.

For me it would have to be zebstrika and simisear. I couldn't even finish the play though with them on my team.
    Leaf green re count:540
    happy to trade. white fc: 0734 2476 0668 SSBB fc: 3308 6572 9381
    3ds friend code: 2466 2806 3978
    Former Admin pidgeotto from dueling network.
    heam my cream.
    shiny hunts in progress:
    340 hordes for Female Nidoran
    540 encounters on route 210
    8059 SR's for articuno
    268 SR's in black2 BQ
    Shiny failures:

I actually liked most of them, and most are good in battle if you know how to use them effectively...But I honestly just can't seem to get a team that uses the Elemental monkeys and wins XD
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

I didn't care for swoobat, it was ok.

Got to collect them all.

I didn't care for swoobat, it was ok.

Got to collect them all.

Simisear, SWoobat and Emolga.

I didn't like any of these things. Also Heatran was useless and ugly looking, too.
    Click my babies to help them to grow!

I have claimed Zebstrika! Thunder zebra power!
    I have also claimed Sacred Grove theme from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess!
    In-game name:Annabel
    Friend-code: 4957-3860-9818

Simisear for sure. For some reason, it just fell behind in comparison to my other pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutittaja View Post
    Also Heatran was useless and ugly looking, too.
    I take it you're not into competitive battling? Heartan is considered overpowered.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Hmm... a disappointing Gen5 Pokemon for me was Simipour, or however you spell the water monkey's final evo, because of how much effort i put into it, and it always sucked...

Please don't bump threads over a month old.
    Topic closed.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920