Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Most Dissapointing Pokemon You Have Used From The 5th Generation

I would say the Elemental Monkeys, Zebstrika, and Unfezant were the most dissapointing for me. The Elemental Monkeys I actually never really liked but when I tried using one, it would always quickly faint just like Unfezant. Zebstrika was just too boring to train even though I did like the little cry it made.
    3DS: 1779-0094-0137

Credit to Sworn Metalhead

Hmmmmmmm hard
    You see I really stuck with the team I had and it served me well

But............

Darumaka, scraggy, cubchoo, the elemental monkeys and thundurus (the only flying type move it can use is sky drop, which is useless)

Archeops was terrible the first time I played the game. It has a terrible ability and the it lears aren't very good.
    Bearctic sucks too because its defence stats are weak. A flamethrower or even brick break could one hit ko it.

Pokemon Black Team:

Pansear was amazing, I fell in love instantly. The I saw Simisear and collapsed at the fail of an evolution

3DS FC: 3067 - 5438 - 9132

I thought a Pawniard that I caught would do something apart from faint all of the time, but it didn't
    3DS FC: 3883-4931-5047

The most disappointing Pokemon to me is definitely Sawsbuck. It was my favorite 5th Gen Pokemon until I actually used it.

Bisharp, as much as I like it, seems awfully frail for such decent defensive stats.

Hydreigon, it's training/evolution cycle is ridiculous, Braviary is in that boat too sadly(the Pokemon I was looking forward to most, pre-release, and the reason I picked White).

Swoobat for it's useless stats as I really like it.

Garbadoor and Lilligant for their crap movepools(Hoping they fix that in B/W-2).

Little sad to see Sawsbuck listed here a bit, as it's one I planed on using in a Black or White 2 playthrough.

I hate to say this, but Serperior was a bit of a letdown. It's still easily my favorite design out of the final forms of the Gen V starters, but my God, its movepool is so poor and Grass is such a horrible defensive type. I don't think it's a bad Pokémon, but I expected much more.

Liepard. I tried it once, and it's a cool Pokémon and everything, but its paper-thin defense is unbearable.

Snivy's line, was such a pain to work with in-game, and was very disappointed at its moveset and it being tougher to use than past Grass Starters.
    "Heart + Determination + Perserverence = Success" ™

My Philosophical quote on goals and dreams.

I had high hopes for Galvantula, but it really did not impress me. It might just have been this particular one, but it took forever to level up and would faint after a 1x effective move. However, one trip to Chargestone Cave and my new Eelektross did the trick

Spoiler:- Credit:

Purrloin. It dies too easily early game with lack of decent moves. I mean, Scratch for 12 levels? That's it?

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

Haxorus. I thought it would OWN. turns out it was weak as hell. thank God there was hydreigon to the rescue

Another would be Emboar - looked so EPIC in the pictures, but very weak with defense

finally Serperior - before bw came out, this was the one for me to get, when i got it, it was complete garbage.
    FIRE'S COOL FIRE'S BAD
    SOMETIMES FIRE MAKES ME MAD!!!

Black FC: 3739 9774 2494
    Platinum FC: 5286 3454 4291
    OF:
    Most evo stones/items, Pokerus, starter eggs, zorua w.dark pulse, Deino w.dark pulse,

Shinies(for trade)
    Charmander and Cyndaquil

I CAN CLONE. All i ask is for a clone of the pokemon. you keep the original and a clone version!

LF: shiny ho-oh/shiny lugia/ shiny deoxys/pokeshifter

Quote Originally Posted by HTodd View Post
    I had high hopes for Galvantula, but it really did not impress me. It might just have been this particular one, but it took forever to level up and would faint after a 1x effective move. However, one trip to Chargestone Cave and my new Eelektross did the trick
    I found Galvantula to be surprisingly excellent, nothing manages to get a single hit on it with it's super speed and accurate Thunders.

Thε mσst dissαροιπting ροkεmσπ ι usεd ωαs Stυπfisκ.
    3DS FC: 0602-7121-7236
    I have MK7! Total VR: 2102. Last Updated 5/27/12 11:49AM EDT

Mine was Alomomola..such a crap Pokemon

Hey guys..i am just walking around.

Eelektross. I had to use it for a non-standard OU tourney (you are given a five letter word, have to make a team with pokes starting with the letters from the word, plus any poke of your choosing), and it was by far my LVP. I had thought it would at least be OK, considering in the TCG its pretty darn awesome.

|Pokemon Parodies|Newest Parody:"The Dog Who is Staying"|

Spoiler:

Patrat..I would describe the Pokemon in one word..Bland

Hey guys..i am just walking around.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Man X View Post
    Thε mσst dissαροιπting ροkεmσπ ι usεd ωαs Stυπfisκ.
    ...implying you had some expectations for Stunfisk besides it being terrible.

Welcome to the Pokemon World. Learn the commandments of Pokemon Equality
    1) One loves the idea of Pokemon and their existence
    2) One only looks down upon a certain Pokemon after giving them a fair look and use
    3) One does not hate a certain generation because of a few Pokemon
    4) One does not be use backwards logic to hate Pokemon
    5) One must realize every gen has its awesome designs, and terrible designs.
    6) One must love Blaziken

Blaziken 5 lyfe, because 5>4

I thought pidove would evolve in to something like staraptor -.-
    Unfezant is really ugly and useless imo.
    image file size too large, removed - mod

Swoobat disappointed me... I'm excited to train a cofagrigus in my main team of Pokemon in BW2... but I get the sense it will also dissapoint me : D

It's funny because about 1/3 of the Pokemon mentioned so far are Pokemon ie used in play troughs of my own and they have been fantastic.

Zebstrika, Beartic and samurott are half of my main team on white and as much as I didn't want to evolve dewott, I'm glad I did because he's a powerhouse on my team. Oh, I also used a swoon at on that team until very recently. I got it up to about lvl 60 and got tired of it, but it was solid through the story.

Pokemon I had trouble with were liepard, the monkeys ( not because of evolving early, but because I always had something that outclassed it.) and currently, Zorua. I'm raising one in my black right now and it's just so fragile. Can't wait til it evolves in a few more levels and improves a little.

Also, darumakkas special attack makes me so sad. I had no idea a pokemons sp atk could be so abysmal from such a powerful Pokemon. I gave it flamethrower and flame charge before trading it over and couldn't believe flame charge was outperforming flamethrower so overwhelmingly.

MY SHINY CARD All mine! <3

Feel free to add, just PM me so I can add back
    CURRENT HUNTS:
    HG- SR- 500 Pt- SR- 715

Patrat/Watchog. Was hoping for another Sentret/Furret (a usable - at least IMO - regional rodent) but instead was more of a Raticate, with an ugly design, and being pretty darn useless.

The Pidove line was disappointing as well. I remember when its design came out and I was excited to see how its evolutions would turn out... And when I played the game, I was completely disappointed by them.

Zorua & Zoroark disappointed me too. I didn't see much special of those two except for their gimmick ability Illusion, which was quite fun to use, but I found their defenses much too frail and a rather dull movepool.

And not in specific Pokemon, but the overall lack of Poison-types (one of my personal favorites) was disappointing. The only pure Poison types we got were the two garbage bags... :\
    X Team:

Y Team:

I tried to use Deerling when playing through the game. It didn't last very long, though that may be because I got it just before the Cold Storage area.

Also, in a bit of a twist, Simisear was pretty much exactly as crappy as I expected.

The Elemental Monkeys were total ****, with both horrible designs, and very underwhelming stats, and movepools.

Aside from the stupid monkeys, Gigalith wasn't great because of it's tiny movepool, and Bisharp kept getting his *** handed to him by non-effective moves (he even had a defensive nature)

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast