Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Most Dissapointing Pokemon You Have Used From The 5th Generation

Quote Originally Posted by 2rsa View Post
    I recently started a new black game i started with Snivy and honestly guys. Maybe Snivy is not great in competitive plays but for in game play with leach seed and giga drain you never have to worry about your opponents.
    Really? I recently decided to get a Snivy, Pikachu, Larvitar, Bagon, Datini and Axew, all at level 1-10 and go through the game from the beginning to train them up rather than just quick levelling them at the Giant Chasm. I went through each area so they all fought lots of different types of pokemon but Snivy was the worst in every area....he needed constant support from team members just to stay alive, even when he had the type advantage and wasn't able to get any decent hits on anything till at least level 30 when he could just about hold his all against water and ground pokemon. I was pretty disappointed.

Other than that no major disappointments except Swoobat. I didn't find the monkeys that disappointing because I didn't really like them much from the start so I didn't really expect much from them. Swoobat however, I adore, so it sucks that it's just not that good.....think I did get mine to level 49 before I finally swapped him out of my team though.

There are still a lot of Gen V pokemon I have yet to give a proper chance though so maybe I'll find more disappointments later...hope not though as lots of them looks really interesting.
    Last edited by doodlecloud; 20th June 2012 at 6:28 PM.

Current shiny hunts:
    Heart Gold - Route 32 - 19,300 REs
    X - Route 5 - Chaining Furfrou/Pancham/Skiddo

Unfezant, Liepard, Roggenrola (could not stand up to Elesa's Emolga's for the life of me!). I was shocked at Unfezant because in every Pokemon game, the flying type I caught at the beginning stays with me and becomes one of my best Pokemon but Unfezant pales in comparison to Braviary.
    White Team (WHITE FRIEND CODE: 4341-8446-1827)

currently training. Need to transfer HeartGold team for better results.

Quote Originally Posted by Luann View Post
    Seriously? I was quite impressed by my Simipour actually. I wasn't expecting anything great but she turned out to be quite a fast and powerful attacker, and the main offensive force of my advanture team.

Though I did ditch Zebstrika after a while, as well as Galvantula. So I stayed without an electric type, and only relied on my Leavanny for supereffective damage against water.
    I ditched my Pansage at level 21 for a Darumaka which I then ditched for a Tepig that is now a level 50 Emboar.

Zebstrika was another underwhelming Pokemon. I was surprised at how awful it's defenses were. It was really only good for it's Speed and Sp. Atk. which matters to me very little.
    White Team (WHITE FRIEND CODE: 4341-8446-1827)

currently training. Need to transfer HeartGold team for better results.

I was especially disappointed with Zebstrika. Back when Blitzle was revealed, I was so excited to use it and its potential evolution. When I used it, I was immensely disappointed especially compared with Luxray. It just didn't feel like a good Pokemon overall.
    [IMG]http://i46.*******.com/10ih3yp.png[/IMG]

I'd have to agree with Zebstrika. I ditched it after I beat Elesa.
    DW Pokemon I can offer:

Simipour. It was nice for the type coverage I needed early on, but it was weak, had a rather poor movepool, and the way it looks.... it's just unappealing.

Am I the only person that's happy with Swoobat? Sure, it is a little weak compared to rest of my team, but it's move pool isn't that bad and I actually battle with it a lot. It's honestly my favorite Pokemon from Unova.

Purrloin, however, was a huge disappointment. I tried to train it, but it was just annoying how weak it was :/ I boxed it and Pansear at the same time, and that was really early in the game.

Druddigon,it's the worst dragon type,it redeems it's self with it's shiny forme though
    Pokemon Black FC: 5415 6099 7015
    I don't always say no,but when I do I Nope.avi
    Quote of the business week:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Your mother took a **** while giving birth to you and thought she had twins
    My Trophy Pokemon: Italian Ranch mew,Darkrai,Jirachi,Sinjoh Giratina.
    Proud Owner of a Legit Keldeo!!!

Caution,Watch your Dubstep.
    I have claimed Kyoto By Skrillex
    Proud Member Of the fake band Mordecai and the Rigby's

Although I love my team, I'm gonna have to say Unfezant (even if it is my flyer and Lv.100). It's movepool is what disappointed me, mine currently knows Air Slash, Sky Attack, Fly and Quick Attack. I really wish Steel Wing was still a TM and I hope they give it Brave Bird in B2W2.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†
    I treat my Pokemon like family. Copy and Paste this in your sig if you do too.
    Animal abuse is horrible if you agree copy this into your signature (started by Tepig Rules)
    ~The right thing to guide us, is right here inside us, no-one can divide us, when the light is nearly gone~- When We Stand Together, By Nickelback.

Spoiler:- Credit:

Pokemon don't let me down, I let them down lol does anyone else think like me? :/

Ash: Now I choose you!
    Electro Ball!

-Pikachu: PikaPika-Chu-Pi!-

The Unfezant line and Zebstrika line. Unfezant just looks like complete and utter crap in my opinion and is not that useful and Zebstrika, while looking fairly awesome, just can't take a hit. You don't know how happy I am that GameFreak is giving me a Braviary right after Castelia and offering us more Electric types in BW2.

I <3 Quagsire

The elementary monkeys; Simisage, Simipour, Simisear. Pretty boring imo.
    White 2 Nuzlocke Team: The Victorious 4:

Deaths: 5

R.I.P. Fafnir II and Amanda

DA: http://allynidhogg.deviantart.com/

/)

The Monkeys in all honesty. Sure they can be great special attackers, what with Nasty Plot and 100 base speed, but to be frank, they're still outclassed by many other Pokemon in their respective typings. Especially Simisage, which is sad because his design is probably one of my favorite in the entire generation.

The Pidove evolutionary line.

Actually caught a Pidove and used it for my 1st runthrough. Noticed that it's Special Attack is much higher than its Attack and the moveset has mostly Physical Attack Flying moves.

To say that was disappointing is an understatement. I want my Starly back.
    Pokemon X FC: 3625 9074 7985
    Pokemon X OT: Serenna

My Friend Safari: (Ground) Sandshrew, Camerupt, and Gastrodon

Quote Originally Posted by Kukem View Post
    I don't think I have time to list all the Pokemon from the 5th Gen that I was disappointed with. Most of the Pokemon you get close to the beginning of the game like Zebstrika, The elemental monkeys, all of the ones that were listed already, Almost any electric pokemon in the game, some of the grass types, there are a lot of bug types too that faint really easy and even some of the Legendaries don't live up to the hype. This has been my least favourite set of games out of all of them.
    I approve this message 100%
    I accept clones in most cases. I will not accept Hacks. If you RNG I will always accept them, but please let me know they're RNGed.

3DS Friend Code: Brimo 4270 1745 5626

Pokemon X IGN: Brimo

I never encountered any issues with any of my Pokemon in the 5th generation. I simply train them until they can OHKO most of the Pokemon I encountered. However, I did give up on my swoobat, although that wasn't until AFTER I defeated the Elite Four (he was level 66).

Simipour disappointed me. I used it so I could counter fire early in the game, as I chose Serperior. Sure, it had good speed and scald was pretty nice, but I found it to be too fragile. Definitely not using it in anymore playthroughs.
    Soul Silver FC: 4985 9512 2698
    White FC: 2151 2719 6274

Always liked grass types but Serperior was crappy. Always go dual-type. Best moves were stuff like Leech seed and Giga Drain. Just stay-alive stuff.

Serperior, worst grass starter final evolution for me. It's a good thing that I have an Emboar and Samurott though.
    Tumblr|Twitter
    3DS friendcode: 1805-2694-6050 (Use Rain for name)
    I has Tyrogue, Sawk, and Mienfoo

At least they have better pokemon to chose from the start in BW2, Ferroseed was a pain to train until you evolve it, it is just to slow.

I caught a Zebstrika and used him until I beat Ghetsis then I ditched him as a Flash slave and caught a Bisharp.
    Last edited by DragoniteRules1; 11th November 2013 at 4:43 PM.
    3DS Name: Phoebe
    3DS FC: 0602-6757-2575
    FS: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, Spiritomb

I have claimed Dragonite!

5 IV Pokemon

Zebstrika got ditched after beating the E4. I had a Bold Serperior; that was a pain. I never used the monkeys beyond beating the first gym, however.

I have claimed Giratina

I imagined Zoroark to be better.

"With blood and rage of crimson red,
    Ripped from a corpse so freshly dead,
    Together with our hellish hate,
    We'll burn you all, That is your fate!"

The Pan/Simi line; its so unnecessary. And you are right, Zebstrika does great appeal wise but it's attacks and defenses are totally humiliating.

On my first run, I caught and trained most Pokemon without checking them on Smogon first like I usually do.

... man, was that Seismitoad worthless.

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast