Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SPPF Poster of the Week Awards #3

Default SPPF Poster of the Week Awards #3

[IMG]http://i41.*******.com/nzlvno.png[/IMG]

Welcome, one and all, to Round Three of the Poster of the Week Awards! "Who is the Poster of the Week?" you may ask yourself. Well it could be you! That's right, anyone in the entirety of the SPPF competitive community can win this award. The prize? Well…unlike Smogon, we don’t really have a special award for you. However, you will win the respect and admiration of your fellow SPPF members. Not only is this award an attempt to boost self-esteem, but hopefully this will be a good incentive to improve post quality in the competitive section.

So here’s how the award process will work. Despite the deceiving title, the award process will actually be conducted over two weeks instead of one. For the first week, starting now, everyone will be free to vote for whoever they want to receive the award. The nominations for this award should be based upon competitive knowledge, post quality, overall helpfulness, and forum activity. Once the week is over, the votes will be tallied and the winner will be announced and added to the Hall of Fame. You can then give your words of congratulations to the winner if you’d like. For the most part, however, the second week will be a down week so that voters will have time to watch for good quality posters to vote for, as well as attempt to leave their own impression with their own quality posts to improve their chances of nomination. In addition, this will half the number of voting rounds, meaning that we will not give out a ridiculous number of awards in a small period of time (and Poster of the Month is just not frequent enough).
    This is mainly just for fun, but there are a couple of ground rules I’d like to lay down:

• All SPPF Rules[/URL] still apply here. Pretty much don’t spam, don’t flame people, just play nicely and don’t be a jerk.
    • Only one vote per person. Pretty much self-explanatory. This might change depending on how things go.
    • No consecutive awards. The main restriction for voting is that you can't vote for someone who has already received the award. This will keep the same people from winning awards over and over again. This may change in the future, though.
    • Don’t vote for yourself. Just don’t do it. If you do vote for yourself, it will not be counted.
    • Make sure to vote for someone who actually deserves the award. Remember that this award is based upon competitive knowledge, post quality, helpfulness, and activity. Make sure that the person you are voting for is award-worthy. Activity is the one qualification that I can let slide in some situations, since you might want to nominate an older member who used to be a good competitive member but doesn’t post much anymore. Just keep in mind that you’re voting for a person to represent quality competitive community members.
    • No joke votes. Unfortunately, I’m not a mind reader, so I can’t tell if you’re vote is a joke or not. That said, all joke votes will still be counted, but just keep in mind that you might be taking away votes from someone who actually deserves it.
    • Please explain your vote. Not mandatory, but very helpful. This doesn’t have to be especially elaborate, just give a little reasoning behind your vote. If you just post the person’s username, it’ll make me wonder why that person deserves the award. A simple one line explanation will do, but give me something.
    • Don’t advertise yourself. Just like voting for yourself, this just makes you look cocky.
    • Keep discussion on a positive note. You can discuss yours and other people’s votes all you want, but try to keep it positive. Just try to avoid saying stuff like, “Why did you vote for him/her? That’s a terrible user.”
    • Put all nominations in bold. This makes it a lot easier to count votes. If I come across a nomination that isn’t bolded, I’ll still count it. Just keep in mind that if it is not bolded, I might skip over it by accident.

I’ll add in any additional rules as needed.
    Voting will end on Monday April 30 at 11:59 (GMT -4). Any votes submitted after that will not be counted.

Hall of Fame
    Congratulations to all the members who have earned the SPPF Poster of the Week Award!
        Spoiler:- Hall of Fame Winners:

Ok wow...

I shall vote for Zachmac as he seems to have a large portion of the meta-game memorized
    I'm back I guess.

Zachmac

He makes quality posts and has helped other users too.

Wait a minute. The poll should've ended 14th of april. Shouldn't this be closed already?

Zachmac
    Knows all about competitively

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

Pokemon Trainer R

Quote Originally Posted by epic_eevee View Post
    Pokemon Trainer R
    Seconded. He said I was right, so he has my vote

Quote Originally Posted by epic_eevee View Post
    Pokemon Trainer R
    This. So much.
    Too bad he will think we are "Evil"
    Yep we should ban baton pass, and weather too. Oh and Trick Room, I'm tired of having to worry about Trick Room all the time. Just ban the move Trick Room, and prankster, it's broken. Ban all status moves on prankster users, they're too cheap. Oh and ban Probopass to it's so cheap. Just ban everything except Magikarp with splash.
    Well, actually Blaziken isn't really Uber because some people whined about how they were getting owned by it. I mean, it doesn't stand a chance in the Uber enviroment.

Edit:

I'm changing my vote to Zachmac. He deserves it.

zachmac ftw!!!!

vote goes to Pokemon Trainer R though

I completely forgot about this. Uh...I'll need to think more about this before I vote.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arab Money View Post
    zachmac ftw!!!!

vote goes to Pokemon Trainer R though
    You almost got me there.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Magnemite used Sonic Boom! Magnemite glitched through the wall! It's super effective! Lyric fainted!

I've got to say, Zachmac consistently proves his erudition for the world of competitive pokemon.
    I voted for him once, and I'll gladly do it again.

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

Quote Originally Posted by jesusfreak94 View Post
    No joke votes. Unfortunately, I’m not a mind reader, so I can’t tell if you’re vote is a joke or not. That said, all joke votes will still be counted, but just keep in mind that you might be taking away votes from someone who actually deserves it.
    lol

Anyway, my vote is going to go towards someone who's been ignored so far in this round but is a valuable contributor to our community, Lizzy Gamefreak.

so metal

I'll vote Zachmac I meant to vote for him last time but I haven't been on to much. He's a good poster and consistently on

^You ever have that moment you realize you forgot to give credit? Sorry Irra!!^

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    ... Ok I know as a "responsible" (lol jk no) mod I shouldn't do this but..

Pokemon Trainer R. His posts brought me a lot more amusement than they should have. He also fights the good fight against evil, or annoying 10 year old PO players. I forget which is which.
    I'm agreeing.

He got me into dw ubers. He's very inspirational.

pokemon trainer r, he puts the insects in their rightful place

Credit to the amazing Lunar <3 and EG and BH :3

Fearless rocker.

This user's posts are of the highest quality and they seem to have a ridiculous knowledge of most to all popular metagames. His posts are extremely well thought out and consistently provide helpful and easy to understand information to newer users on the forums. I believe that fearless rocker should produce more posts in order for newer posters to use as an example for then they begin posting in this prestigious competitive forum.
    [12:46:24 PM] Garza: yeah yeah
    [12:46:34 PM] Garza: your a tubular troller

mangoes, peaches, and limes

zachmac never is off topic and has the metagame memorized for sure

Credits to Sworn for the Banner, buttons to astral shadow, Drac Buttons to EG

Quote Originally Posted by pimm94 View Post
    Zachmac
    Wait a minute. The poll should've ended 14th of april. Shouldn't this be closed already?
    It could of been if we actually had some votes.
    I'm back I guess.

Yeah, I was prepared to just let this thing die, but I guess we can count this one.

I'll vote for Zachmac as well. He's got his fair share of competitive metagame knowledge, but what really impresses me is how often he posts. There is literally not a single page of any thread in this section that doesn't have one of Zachmac's posts on it. Not to mention, pretty much everything he says is actually helpful. So yeah, I think he deserves a vote.

Changing my vote to Zachmac as he deserves it. All the Pokemon Trainer R votes are jokes anyway.

And who are you to make such a judgment? Do not speak as if you are God.

In any case, since I am not allowed to vote for myself, then I shall vote for overlordmewtwo, as not only does he seem to be a very skilled trainer judging by the numerous replays he has posted in this thread, but also because most of the replays that he posted are very fun and entertaining to watch.

Awkward...

Anyhow, I'm just wondering if I should keep doing these, seeing as how this last one took about two weeks before anyone voted. I guess as long as someone votes eventually, it can't hurt right? It's kinda fun seeing who gets votes too, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokémon Trainer R View Post
    And who are you to make such a judgment? Do not speak as if you are God.

In any case, since I am not allowed to vote for myself, then I shall vote for overlordmewtwo, as not only does he seem to be a very skilled trainer judging by the numerous replays he has posted in this thread, but also because most of the replays that he posted are very fun and entertaining to watch.
    no blue harvest was right all the votes for you WERE joke votes

it's ok though we still all appreciate your posting and wish you would continue it with greater frequency

A vote is only as much of a joke as the intentions behind it. One without the ability to read the minds of others is in no position to be making a claim such as the one Blue Harvest did.

If I were allowed to vote for myself, then I would have done so and such a vote would have been casted with the utmost sincerity, as not only have I posted the highest number of Pokémon Online replays in this thread, but all of those replays were of extremely high quality and showed very epic and entertaining battles. It is absurd therefore for anyone to assume that any vote casted in my favor, especially those such as dewhinifier's which were backed up by reason, is automatically a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by jesusfreak94 View Post
    Awkward...

Anyhow, I'm just wondering if I should keep doing these, seeing as how this last one took about two weeks before anyone voted. I guess as long as someone votes eventually, it can't hurt right? It's kinda fun seeing who gets votes too, lol.
    gosh if it takes this long to get lots of votes, just do poster of the month.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast