Welcome, one and all, to Round Three of the Poster of the Week Awards! "Who is the Poster of the Week?" you may ask yourself. Well it could be you! That's right, anyone in the entirety of the SPPF competitive community can win this award. The prize? Well…unlike Smogon, we don’t really have a special award for you. However, you will win the respect and admiration of your fellow SPPF members. Not only is this award an attempt to boost self-esteem, but hopefully this will be a good incentive to improve post quality in the competitive section.
So here’s how the award process will work. Despite the deceiving title, the award process will actually be conducted over two weeks instead of one. For the first week, starting now, everyone will be free to vote for whoever they want to receive the award. The nominations for this award should be based upon competitive knowledge, post quality, overall helpfulness, and forum activity. Once the week is over, the votes will be tallied and the winner will be announced and added to the Hall of Fame. You can then give your words of congratulations to the winner if you’d like. For the most part, however, the second week will be a down week so that voters will have time to watch for good quality posters to vote for, as well as attempt to leave their own impression with their own quality posts to improve their chances of nomination. In addition, this will half the number of voting rounds, meaning that we will not give out a ridiculous number of awards in a small period of time (and Poster of the Month is just not frequent enough).
This is mainly just for fun, but there are a couple of ground rules I’d like to lay down:
- All SPPF Rules[/URL] still apply here. Pretty much don’t spam, don’t flame people, just play nicely and don’t be a jerk.
- Only one vote per person. Pretty much self-explanatory. This might change depending on how things go.
- No consecutive awards. The main restriction for voting is that you can't vote for someone who has already received the award. This will keep the same people from winning awards over and over again. This may change in the future, though.
- Don’t vote for yourself. Just don’t do it. If you do vote for yourself, it will not be counted.
- Make sure to vote for someone who actually deserves the award. Remember that this award is based upon competitive knowledge, post quality, helpfulness, and activity. Make sure that the person you are voting for is award-worthy. Activity is the one qualification that I can let slide in some situations, since you might want to nominate an older member who used to be a good competitive member but doesn’t post much anymore. Just keep in mind that you’re voting for a person to represent quality competitive community members.
- No joke votes. Unfortunately, I’m not a mind reader, so I can’t tell if you’re vote is a joke or not. That said, all joke votes will still be counted, but just keep in mind that you might be taking away votes from someone who actually deserves it.
- Please explain your vote. Not mandatory, but very helpful. This doesn’t have to be especially elaborate, just give a little reasoning behind your vote. If you just post the person’s username, it’ll make me wonder why that person deserves the award. A simple one line explanation will do, but give me something.
- Don’t advertise yourself. Just like voting for yourself, this just makes you look cocky.
- Keep discussion on a positive note. You can discuss yours and other people’s votes all you want, but try to keep it positive. Just try to avoid saying stuff like, “Why did you vote for him/her? That’s a terrible user.”
- Put all nominations in bold. This makes it a lot easier to count votes. If I come across a nomination that isn’t bolded, I’ll still count it. Just keep in mind that if it is not bolded, I might skip over it by accident.
I’ll add in any additional rules as needed.
Voting will end on Monday April 30 at 11:59 (GMT -4). Any votes submitted after that will not be counted.
Hall of Fame
Congratulations to all the members who have earned the SPPF Poster of the Week Award!
Spoiler:- Hall of Fame Winners: